Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,085 members, 7,859,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 09:49 PM

Joomla 1.7 Api Unnecessarily Complicated - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Joomla 1.7 Api Unnecessarily Complicated (896 Views)

How Can I Install Kunena On Joomla 1.5 / How To Create A Download With Joomla 1.5? / Sport Betting Template Is In Joomla 1.5 And 1.7 Style Is For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Joomla 1.7 Api Unnecessarily Complicated by Nobody: 7:45am On Dec 28, 2011
Hi guys not to rant or anything recently for some reason decided to get back on Joomla1.7 for some client work, and am sorry to say Joomla Way of making component is still as crappy as ever, first the bad documentation that never explains what each classes does and what they don't, then the overall complication of doing something simple e.g in Zend i only extends Zend_Table_Abstract to map Database Fields but in Joomla the JTable has to be used with some certain naming conventions and the rest,if you have good knowledge on making Joomla 1.7 Components you can guide me cuz this is just pure debacle. thanks guy maybe i should dhtml with Drupal since they tend to adopt PSR and namespacing typeing MYComponentControllerMyComponent is just too long. embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Are You Interested In Link/banner Exchange? / How To Advertise On Facebook / Graphic Developer/designer Wanted At Ikoyi, 150k/month - Full Time. Apply Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.