Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,245 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

University Of Lagos 2012/2013 Admission{unilag} - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Lagos 2012/2013 Admission{unilag} (103946 Views)

Unizik 2012/2013 Admission List Is Out,check List Here. / Re: University Of Lagos 2012/2013 Admission{unilag} / Federal University Of Agriculture,abeokuta (funaab) 2012/2013 Admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Lagos 2012/2013 Admission{unilag} by gokuu(m): 10:48pm On Jan 03, 2012
yungryce:

unilag ppl too get mouth. Futa & Unaab does majority of its admissn processn online but una still dey meet 4 Hall A
see this one o, attempting to compare UNILAG with those 'places'! Is it not Futa that their alumni hold meetings in UNILAG premises? or the Unaab that one does not need JAMB to gain admission into? U ARE A BIG JOKE! Think before u let your finger bersk on your keyboard.
Re: University Of Lagos 2012/2013 Admission{unilag} by gokuu(m): 11:08pm On Jan 03, 2012
Joshua15:

@funkie Dee i reject wat u jst wrote n JESUS NAME I WIL B ADMITED as long as it is not specified on d brochure i wil b admited,i saw at least 3-4 pple on d merit list dat used dat combination nd dey wer admited,pls b careful of your words plsssssssssss.tanx 4
commerce is allowed only in the faculty of Business Administration, But to be on a safer side, i advice you do geography or government. UNILAG received about 100,000 applications in 2011 through JAMB alone and this year it's expected to surge. The University may start looking for reasons to disqualify candidates just to cut down the figures, in this kind of scenario, those who did subjects like commerce are more likely to be dropped.
Re: University Of Lagos 2012/2013 Admission{unilag} by Joshua15(m): 3:49am On Jan 04, 2012
@funkie dee nd gokuu,i hav done d registration already,nd i dont no if it can be changed now,or government is it a requirement n o'level result pls i wnt 2 no sirsssss
Re: University Of Lagos 2012/2013 Admission{unilag} by gokuu(m): 10:01am On Jan 04, 2012
Joshua15:

@funkie dee nd gokuu,i hav done d registration already,nd i dont no if it can be changed now,or government is it a requirement n o'level result pls i wnt 2 no sirsssss
yes, it can still be changed. Just go to the JAMB site and log in with your username and password, then edit your subjects
Re: University Of Lagos 2012/2013 Admission{unilag} by yale209: 10:29am On Jan 04, 2012
funkie dee:

@yale209: i tink it cn b changed just go bck to d place u did d registration.
@bolaji 16: chem eng was 73 last yr.
@don1dee: i.r.p.m, 100L
gokuu:

yes, it can still be changed. Just go to the JAMB site and log in with your username and password, then edit your subjects
tnx,pls hav tried it,but it kant b edited i kan only reprint d slip
Joshua15:

hav u done urs?
Re: University Of Lagos 2012/2013 Admission{unilag} by Joshua15(m): 12:31pm On Jan 04, 2012
@funkie Dee hope u are nt anoyed wit meeeeeeeeeee sha
Re: University Of Lagos 2012/2013 Admission{unilag} by yale209: 2:44pm On Jan 04, 2012
@joshua hav u done it?
Re: University Of Lagos 2012/2013 Admission{unilag} by MATTHEW59: 3:40pm On Jan 04, 2012
Read hard, choose d right course, subjects and hv ur o' level @ one sitting and score high in utme.
Re: University Of Lagos 2012/2013 Admission{unilag} by funkiedee1(f): 3:42pm On Jan 04, 2012
yale209:

@joshua hav u done it?
Joshua15:

@funkie Dee hope u are nt anoyed wit meeeeeeeeeee sha
nt @ all! Y shld i be?
yale209:

@joshua hav u done it?
last yr, pple were able to edit and make changes. I tink it shld b possible too dis yr.
Re: University Of Lagos 2012/2013 Admission{unilag} by yungryce: 3:48pm On Jan 04, 2012
funkie dee:

ar u supposed to submit your o'levels and oda credentials 4 proper documentation to d computer? Dats wat they do in multipurpose hall after admission. Think b4 u talk and Wise up dude!
gokuu:

see this one o, attempting to compare UNILAG with those 'places'! Is it not Futa that their alumni hold meetings in UNILAG premises? or the Unaab that one does not need JAMB to gain admission into? U ARE A BIG JOKE! Think before u let your finger bersk on your keyboard.
im not sayn dat unilag is not good but u ppl r so quick 2 announce hw u r beta dan d rest(u r stil 7th in 9ja accordn 2 http://4icu.org/ng/ ) & @ gokwu even prv8 uni dey do jamb sef (dat 1 wey u c na nairaland scammers) & e no get skul 4 9ja wey no get relatnshp wit oda skuls so make u park well.
#21st century
no dey depend on past glory
Re: University Of Lagos 2012/2013 Admission{unilag} by Shalome(m): 6:32pm On Jan 04, 2012
r candidates wit 2 sittins adviced to apply?
Re: University Of Lagos 2012/2013 Admission{unilag} by Joshua15(m): 6:43pm On Jan 04, 2012
@yale i hav don mine,jst go back 2 d cyber cafe wer u registered with ur registration card nd dey wil change it because i jst changed mine 4rm comerce 2 govment.
Re: University Of Lagos 2012/2013 Admission{unilag} by MATTHEW59: 7:07pm On Jan 04, 2012
Joshua15:

@yale i hav don mine,jst go back 2 d cyber cafe wer u registered with your registration card nd dey wil change it because i jst changed mine 4rm comerce 2 govment.
. U hv done well, chances enhance better now.
Shalomé:

r candidates wit 2 sittins adviced to apply?
. 2 sittings not acceptable. One sitting and awaiting results acceptable.
Re: University Of Lagos 2012/2013 Admission{unilag} by Joshua15(m): 8:32pm On Jan 04, 2012
@gokuu nd funkie Dee tanx 4 d info sirssssssssss
Re: University Of Lagos 2012/2013 Admission{unilag} by gokuu(m): 10:32pm On Jan 04, 2012
yungryce:

im not sayn dat unilag is not good but u ppl r so quick 2 announce hw u r beta dan d rest(u r stil 7th in 9ja accordn 2 http://4icu.org/ng/ ) & @ gokwu even prv8 uni dey do jamb sef (dat 1 wey u c na nairaland scammers) & e no get skul 4 9ja wey no get relatnshp wit oda skuls so make u park well.
#21st century
Oh! Now i get it. You are one of those gullible illiterates that gulp down anything they find on the internet like its a chilled bottle of sprite? I should have known better than to join issues with a little fry in a sea of whales! For you to believe any internet post(which is a figment of someone's imagination) is a clear indication that you lack critical reasoning skills. Did you even take a split second to inquire about the criteria used for the purported ranking? Or the authenticity of the ''rankers''? I'll advice you stay away from threads directly associated with the University of Lagos since you are neither an applicant nor a student of Africa's most sought-after University. Why not stick to those 'place' that elevate your spirit??

1 Like

Re: University Of Lagos 2012/2013 Admission{unilag} by gokuu(m): 10:34pm On Jan 04, 2012
yungryce:

#21st century
Oh! Now i get it. You are one of those gullible illiterates that gulp down anything they find on the internet like its a chilled bottle of sprite? I should have known better than to join issues with a little fry in a sea of whales! For you to believe any internet post(which is a figment of someone's imagination) is a clear indication that you lack critical reasoning skills. Did you even take a split second to inquire about the criteria used for the purported ranking? Or the authenticity of the ''rankers''? I'll advice you stay away from threads directly associated with the University of Lagos since you are neither an applicant nor a student of Africa's most sought-after University. Why not stick to those 'place' that elevate your spirit??

1 Like

Re: University Of Lagos 2012/2013 Admission{unilag} by Adefolarin19(m): 2:24am On Jan 05, 2012
@funkedee, pls I knw u r now in unilag, Now u ll av more experience dan u do av, I just wanna ask if Commerce is compulsory to study Insurance, Commerce & Yoruba both missing on the o'level though,
Re: University Of Lagos 2012/2013 Admission{unilag} by yungryce: 9:52am On Jan 05, 2012
gokuu:

nw i also get u as 1 of doz ppl who take any comment refered 2 dem as an insult gets himself prepared 4 a battle (irony is am also prepared 4 u). D daftness ur brain doesnt make way 4 d truth wen it signals dat u r wrong
1: i can comment whereva i lyk so far i dont break any nlnd rule (if only u can comprehend dat)
2: if u dont bliv in d internet, wat r u doin usin one
3: it seems d nigerian situatn has affected ur brain not 2 c d truth wen it is even in front of u. Is http://4icu.org a nigerian site or does d site luk lyk dey woke up one mornin & gathered all world universities & gve dem rankings (& skuls lyk harvard wont protest). U can evn send ur V.C a mail & ask him d rankin site he uses (dat is if he has a mail accessible by students)
4: i really dont blame u 4 not blivn (brain problms) but u can also check webometrics or worlduniversityrankings
#21stcentury
una too dey make noise
Re: University Of Lagos 2012/2013 Admission{unilag} by funkiedee1(f): 9:58am On Jan 05, 2012
Adefolarin19:

@funkedee, pls I knw u r now in unilag,  Now u ll av more experience dan u do av, I just wanna ask if Commerce is compulsory to study Insurance,  Commerce & Yoruba both missing on the o'level though,
to be frank wit u, 4rm pple's xperience and mistakes, it has shown dat unilag doesnt rily recognise nd appreciate commerce so far economics is there.
D most important subject ar: eng, maths, econs, govt/geography and biology 4 any commercial student. Even i was an art student bt i had those five subjects witout account.
Re: University Of Lagos 2012/2013 Admission{unilag} by funkiedee1(f): 10:10am On Jan 05, 2012
yungryce and gokuu, u guys av proved to be lacking morals nd immature! Ow can u b fighting 4 skuls dats nt even urs. Im sure u 2 ar in tetiary institutions alrdy. U ar supposed to be helping and advising prospective jambites on ow to gain admission! U knw d situation of d country, we ar supposed to be talking abt a way out, ASUU strike is dere, Bt here u ar, fighting ova rankings! Whether unilag is 7th or 77th, those who will go there will go. Even u.i, or unab, let dem b 1st, those who wil go wil go. U both should be ashamed of urself!
Re: University Of Lagos 2012/2013 Admission{unilag} by yungryce: 10:52am On Jan 05, 2012
Not my intentn @ all @funkie-dee but sm1 tend 2 bliv he knws it all. Evn doze in d worst skul wil say thiers is d best. All i was tryn 2 say was dat unilag ppl blew thier trumpet quite alot
Re: University Of Lagos 2012/2013 Admission{unilag} by gokuu(m): 12:38pm On Jan 05, 2012
yungryce:

nw i also get u as 1 of doz ppl who take any comment refered 2 dem as an insult gets himself prepared 4 a battle (irony is am also prepared 4 u). D daftness your brain doesnt make way 4 d truth wen it signals dat u r wrong
1: i can comment whereva i lyk so far i dont break any nlnd rule (if only u can comprehend dat)
2: if u dont bliv in d internet, wat r u doin usin one
3: it seems d nigerian situatn has affected your brain not 2 c d truth wen it is even in front of u. Is http://4icu.org a nigerian site or does d site luk lyk dey woke up one mornin & gathered all world universities & gve dem rankings (& skuls lyk harvard wont protest). U can evn send your V.C a mail & ask him d rankin site he uses (dat is if he has a mail accessible by students)
4: i really dont blame u 4 not blivn (brain problms) but u can also check webometrics or worlduniversityrankings
#21stcentury
una too dey make noise
Free me from all this bla bla bla. I really stoodon't have time for all these!!!
Re: University Of Lagos 2012/2013 Admission{unilag} by Don1Dee(m): 3:07pm On Jan 05, 2012
@Joshua15, Have u done d change?

gokuu & yungryce, plz don't derail d thread,

yungryce:

Not my intentn @ all @funkie-dee but sm1 tend 2 bliv he knws it all. Evn doze in d worst skul wil say thiers is d best. All i was tryn 2 say was dat unilag ppl blew thier trumpet quite alot
Without taking site, no comment posit d above. U seem 2 already have beef with UNILAG, In Nigeria school doe s not matter, d individual does ooo,
Re: University Of Lagos 2012/2013 Admission{unilag} by Don1Dee(m): 3:12pm On Jan 05, 2012
yungryce:

No comment state d above bolded. U seem 2 already have beef with UNILAG.
Re: University Of Lagos 2012/2013 Admission{unilag} by gokuu(m): 3:28pm On Jan 05, 2012
yungryce:

hmmn, this says a lot about you. no further comments.
Re: University Of Lagos 2012/2013 Admission{unilag} by charleskkk(m): 5:37pm On Jan 05, 2012
I need you guys to join and contribute to the unilag admission stalk page, funkie, gokuu, don, yungryce, u attention is highly needed. Thanks guyz u too much. Follow this link to the page: www.rosyside.com/pt/University-of-Lagos-admissions-for-the-year-20122013-12.30.2011/group/9jaSM/discussion.htm
Re: University Of Lagos 2012/2013 Admission{unilag} by Joshua15(m): 7:13pm On Jan 05, 2012
@don1dee i hav change 4rm commerce 2 government
Re: University Of Lagos 2012/2013 Admission{unilag} by SLEEMYDRIZ(m): 10:17pm On Jan 05, 2012
Pls nd pls, What are my chances? I want to study geology nd my waec are math C4, eng B3, phy C4,chem D7,Econ B3,bio C5,agric C4,Geogrhy B3,
Re: University Of Lagos 2012/2013 Admission{unilag} by gokuu(m): 1:14am On Jan 06, 2012
SLEEMYDRIZ:

Pls nd pls, What are my chances? I want to study geology nd my waec are math C4, eng B3, phy C4,chem D7,Econ B3,bio C5,agric C4,Geogrhy B3,
I'M sorry, you cannot be registered as a student of the Faculty of science, University of Lagos because of the bolded. for geology, you must possess at least 5 o'level credit passes in maths, english, physics, chemistry and biology in ONE SITTING.
Re: University Of Lagos 2012/2013 Admission{unilag} by Phoenix6278(m): 1:22am On Jan 06, 2012
Please before I commence, erase the notion that admission in unilag is by 'who you know'. I can confidently say that I didn't pay a dime to secure admission in Unilag.
on that note, lets continue.
      The first hurdle is scoring high in JAMB, scoring high definitely gives you an edge and as someone previously stated, one's aggregate is calculated by dividing one's score
by eight(cool and post ume score by two(2). I therefore implore everyone to try and score high in Jamb.lest I forget, your subject combination is very important. Commercial
and arts students are mostly prone to this error i. e economics/commerce, further maths for actuarial science e.t.c unlike the traditional chemistry, physics,  Biology, maths (depends on your course)for science students.so you should make inquires and not just rely on the jamb brochure. You should also take note of your date of birth in your jamb form as one girl was disqualified right in my presence cos she wasn't up to 16.
      That said,I am currently a student here, beat the highest cut off mark set(medicine and surgery) and one thing I can tell you for sure is that there are no two ways to good success.Hard work, and discipline pays. Just put in your best, pray, believe in yourself and you will make it here.I didn't attend any tutorials, neither did I pay anybody for admission yet my pume score was one of the highest(88).
      I am not discouraging anyone from attending tutorials, but I am trying to state the essence of personal reading cos it helps a lot.
Here attached are some files I believe you guys would find helpful.
I attached files containing cut offs for this years and last year’s admission   process.  so it is likely this year's cut offs will be higher.
Also, review the file (print), it clearly shows the number of applicants for each departments,  note that the pressure on departments like medicine, business admin and accounting is pretty high.
      Lastly, there is a file about pume practice questions from UNILAG. I will keep updating you guys from time to time.
just ask questions if u re not clear and hopefully, I should be able to provide answers. GOOD LUCK

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Complete Neco June_ July 2012/2013 Exam Timetable . 136 Nani / What Number Comes After Trillion? See The Name Of The World Largest Numbers / Unaab Admission Made Easy (2011/2012)session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.