Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Gej's First Facebook Post After Boko Haram Bombings - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gej's First Facebook Post After Boko Haram Bombings (770 Views)

Officials Evacuating Bodies After Boko Haram Attack In Maiduguri (Photos) / Shi’ite Islamic Group Procession After Boko Haram Attacked Their Member (Pics) / See How The Nigerian Army Have Upped Their Game Against Boko Haram Bombings. Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gej's First Facebook Post After Boko Haram Bombings by zebudaya(m): 12:25pm On Dec 28, 2011
Dear friends and fellow Nigerians, the Supreme Court has given its verdict on the April 2011 Presidential elections and this judgment corroborates the verdict of Nigerians and the vast majority of International Observers and the World Community who hailed those elections as water shed elections that were the freest and fairest since Nigeria returned to civil rule.

There necessarily has to be an end to every matter and since the Supreme Court is final in the adjudication process we must now put the elections and partisanship behind us and focus entirely on nation building. I again say to my brother, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (Rtd) that my arms are opened up to you and all your supporters. As I said in the past and still say again, in a competition amongst brethren, there can be no victor of vanquished.

On nation building, I must now urge that all hands must be on deck. Every grudge that arose out of the crisis of expectation coming out of the last Presidential election must now be soothed not nursed. Under my watch, there will be no finger pointing.

We were all touched by the recent terrorist attacks that occurred on a day we were meant to be celebrating the Prince of Peace. The reactions have been many. But one thing we must take hold of is that incidents like that should not make us turn on each other rather we must turn to each other. We must have a united approach to fighting terrorism instead of a unit reaction. We must work in synch with each other and let those behind the attacks know that if they think they have broken our resolve they are of all men most mistaken.

Dear friends and Nigerians, there is work to be done, let us do it together. I wish you all a happy new year in advance, but know that it will be a year of work, a year of progress and a year that will be dedicated to consolidating our unity. God bless you and God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria. GEJ

Election na the priority? abeg Beaf spin this for me. grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Group Hails Buhari Over Comments On Bomb Blasts! / How Govs, Ministers, Misled Jonathan / Nigerian Legislature, Apex Of Corruption – Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.