Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,372 members, 7,868,091 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 10:40 AM

Bombing Not The Work Of Boko Haram--Balarabe Musa..as El-Rufai Blames Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bombing Not The Work Of Boko Haram--Balarabe Musa..as El-Rufai Blames Government (1123 Views)

Ministerial List: I Am Disappointed, Says Balarabe Musa / President Buhari Visits Kaduna As El-Rufai Receives Him (Photos) / Celebrations In Kaduna As El-Rufai Wins Governorship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bombing Not The Work Of Boko Haram--Balarabe Musa..as El-Rufai Blames Government by manchy7531: 6:58pm On Dec 28, 2011
Bombing Not The Work of Boko Haram says Balarabe Musa, as El-Rufai Blames Government.

FORMER Kaduna State Governor and Chairman of the Conference of Political Parties in Nigeria (CNPP), Alhaji Balarabe Musa has condemned the Christmas Day bombings  in some parts of the country, but exonerated the militant Islamic group, Boko Haram from the act.

Despite claim by the sect to be responsible for the blasts, Musa argued that governments’ bad policies could lead groups to act against them.

“I doubt if the bombings are done by Boko Haram. I very much doubt. I think it

is something more organised. Definitely it is something subversive.  Something directly related to the government.

“We are yet to know who is directly responsible for these acts. You know that the state of the nation is bad in every respect. There is protest against the government and its

policies from various sources. So you don’t know which particular source is responsible for this unfortunate incidents”.

“I think when one goes through the statement of the sect and the so-called spokesman, there is no coordination. Secondly, this particular

identification of churches on Christmas Day, I don’t understand it. There is no reason for any person or group to do this. The world over,

there is no reason for such attack on a celebration day like this.

“Why should they target churches. So, I very much doubt if this is caused by Boko Haram. Some people of course can claim this is Boko Haram, but, again if you listen to their statements, you will find out that there are contradictions. So, the government has to

really sit down and find out the true situation”.

He further insisted: “I very much doubt if this incident is Boko Haram, I think it is something more national. There may be some

national agenda in play relating to the state of the nation.

He blamed President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration for the insecurity in the country and remarked: “The government has a problem, it has legitimacy problem, it is not performing, and the leaders are not cohesive in many ways. These are the undoing of the government we have today”.

Meanwhile, controversial former minister of the FCT, Malam Nasir El-Rufai, is having a field day on Twitter taunting the Federal Government and hurling veiled insults at the President. He has been virtually retweeting every negative message against the President by his followers on Twitter. Many Nigerians had expressed disgust that El-Rufai who received public sympathy after the death of his own daughter can turn around and use the deaths of innocent worshippers as propaganda to further his antagonism against the President after he lost out in the power scramble after his return from exile. It may be recalled that this is not the first time El-rufai will be engaging in such behaviour. Nigerians may recall that after the last Boko Haram attack, El-rufai had called on Jonathan to negotiate with the sect.

Re: Bombing Not The Work Of Boko Haram--Balarabe Musa..as El-Rufai Blames Government by manchy7531: 7:01pm On Dec 28, 2011
it is disappointing that at this age an idiout like The thief called elrufia can afford to open his mouth to speak like this. Where in the word do government seat down to negotiate with killer? where in the word do right thinking people in government dialogue with terrorist? both balarabe musa and is fellow idiot called rufia should be prepared cos what they are sowing now will soon start to be fruitful when other people start to retaliate then they will cry blue murder. What you sow that shall you reap.

Can someone remind Balarabe Musa and his cohorts of these facts: That Northern leadership has ruled Nigeria 37 out of 50 yrs since independence. So, in talking about poor policies and vision for the country as a whole, the North failed tremendously when it had the chance whether thru the military juntas or "appointed" figure-heads in so-called democratic dispensations. Secondly, the north nor any other group/s for that matter, does not have a birthright to lord over the rest of hard-working, law-abiding, forward-looking citizenry. Thirdly, it is clear that Musa, IBB, El-Rufai and many other undesirable elements are merely trying to give a dog a bad name in order to hang it (wag the dog syndrome). Alot more informed persons see thru your deceit and propaganda and it's not going to work, ever. Instead, why don't you start plans to annex northern Nigeria to Niger or Chad? Seems you've got more in common with the desert and arid peoples in these other states. Why not disembark now?
Re: Bombing Not The Work Of Boko Haram--Balarabe Musa..as El-Rufai Blames Government by manchy7531: 7:02pm On Dec 28, 2011
Re: Bombing Not The Work Of Boko Haram--Balarabe Musa..as El-Rufai Blames Government by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 28, 2011
In what planet do this people live?

Boko Haram has claimed responsibility!!!!
Re: Bombing Not The Work Of Boko Haram--Balarabe Musa..as El-Rufai Blames Government by Pharoh: 10:50pm On Dec 28, 2011
This is all trash talk, why are they trying to take the blame away from boko haram.

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Akhwat Akwop ? / Escapee Boko Haram Master Mind Of Xmas Day Bombing Is Post a Graduate Student / Reigning Words By Nigeria Politicians And Police.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.