Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,376 members, 7,836,532 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie (9826 Views)

Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie / Remi Babalola: I Left Jonathan’s Govt Because Of Financial Mismanagement / Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by Nobody: 11:52pm On Dec 28, 2011
A lost vote
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by Goshen360(m): 11:54pm On Dec 28, 2011
Basseti:

Since you are now the mouth piece of BH, educate us on this mission of BH.

Boko Haram has spelt out what their mission is, they even gave you a clue in the name they chose. So we should disregard them and believe you?

And lets assume that you are right and somehow they are really against injustice, give us one action that they have taken that justifies that claim? Thats apart from killing and maiming of innocent civilians.

The attack on churches was not random neither was it spontaneous. Churches have been attacked before and burnt to the ground even before Jonathan dreamt of being a VeePee. Should we also attribute that to the agitation for justice? If so, you must have a different definition of justice than I do.

Am not mouth piece for BH and never in support of killing, God forbid. What am saying is, the problem is beyond religious alone or BH Islamizing the world but like someone said, it is religio-politico-ethnic war they are waging, If I have seen the political side of our problem being injustice and others see it from religious perspective and someone else sees it from ethnic perspective, we come together to reason together but the truth is, the youths have solutions but our leaders will never listen to the masses to bring about change to our country. God bless you, I rest my case.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by Beaf: 11:57pm On Dec 28, 2011
expert555:

@deboss
I asked he resign not necessary to stop BKH attacks but because the country have lack direction in all endeavours. As we all know now the have a very low IQ, you can imagine his smiles when the country is on fire and he needed to be firm to the sultan as Sokoto what he wants to happen to avoid him unlishing the military power upon the barstard. Also more to think about we Christian are not enjoying the dividend of having a Christian president that warrant the death and distraction, in another word we are paying too high price for no reward. Let me know what monumental project in south Nigerian since that slowpoke GEJ comes to power? So on this level I speaks. We are better with a northern leader who will trying to please us because the wealth of the nation comes from us than a confused person being turn by everyone.

I asked someone the questions below a bit earlier. Maybe you care to answer them, cos they apply 100% to your post too:

Beaf:

Should GEJ resign for your village chief to take over? What message would his resignation pass? Some posts seem like they have come out of an anus.
There isn't a single sentence that one would even credit to a toddler above. We should think things through before embarrassing ourselves in public. 'Just some wise words for you to ponder.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by Basseti: 12:07am On Dec 29, 2011
goshen360:

Am not mouth piece for BH and never in support of killing, God forbid. What am saying is, the problem is beyond religious alone or BH Islamizing the world but like someone said, it is religio-politico-ethnic war they are waging, If I have seen the political side of our problem being injustice and others see it from religious perspective and someone else sees it from ethnic perspective, we come together to reason together but the truth is, the youths have solutions but our leaders will never listen to the masses to bring about change to our country. God bless you, I rest my case.

Lets just say that when it comes to BH, you know not what you are saying.

Boko Haram will be the first to disagree with you.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by expert555: 12:08am On Dec 29, 2011
@beaf
Lol I don't have a village chief I just voicing my opinion it might not necessary be the way you thinks. I just think there is too much bother for an empty GEJ if we are waiting for him to perform we might wait forever
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by noiseless: 12:18am On Dec 29, 2011
So after his innocent brothers were maimed in the place of worship by these vampires,instead of strongly condemning the boko sultan's mockery of dead/wounded christians/none muslims at ugun rally, he rather choosed the soft target talking about fuel subsidy.We all know that security agency is not good or doing enough now due to some enemies within,honestly i'm very disappointed at this okogie's comment cos he should ve used the opportunity and reminded the sultan to stop playing dirty games,one should either speak up or shot up,and if this all that could come from a man of his status in regard to the problem at hand then very unfortunate.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by dayokanu(m): 12:23am On Dec 29, 2011
Beaf:

Should GEJ resign for your village chief to take over? What message would his resignation pass? Some posts seem like they have come out of an anus.
There isn't a single sentence that one would even credit to a toddler above. We should think things through before embarrassing ourselves in public. 'Just some wise words for you to ponder.

Are we concerned about the message it passes or the lives of people being lost to his incompetence, So we should continue to get killed because someone cant resign?

When Yemeni president resigned due to unrest in his country, Was he more concerned about the message it passed or the peace of the country?

There are 150m other Nigerians who can take over,

Enough of this cluelessness in Aso Rock

[size=18pt]Death where is your sting?? If not that you took a good man Like Umaru Yr Adua away, We wouldnt have to deal with this clueless fisherman called RETARDEEN[/size]
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by Beaf: 12:30am On Dec 29, 2011
^
I will keep praying that one day, God will bless you with principle and morality. It is the lack of these things that made you organise a million man march for Abacha.
Dude, allow me converse with people who posess integrity. Thank you.

expert555:

@beaf
Lol I don't have a village chief I just voicing my opinion it might not necessary be the way you thinks. I just think there is too much bother for an empty GEJ if we are waiting for him to perform we might wait forever

Ok, no vex.

But, I am very curious about where you believe your opinion would lead if it was carried out; most especially, I am curious about what you imagine boko harams response would be. I also wonder if you will willingly physically fight on the same side as boko haram if your ideas turn out to be in tune with their goals.
I hope you will be kind enough to provide answers.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by kizito96(m): 12:33am On Dec 29, 2011
The Ijaw fisherman thought leadership is easy. He only knows how to follow follow as deputy. He is regreting it. Doctor my foot
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by dayokanu(m): 12:36am On Dec 29, 2011
Beaf:

^
I will keep praying that one day, God will bless you with principle and morality. It is the lack of these things that made you organise a million man march for Abacha.
Dude, allow me converse with people who posess integrity. Thank you.

Retardeens butt licker talking about integrity?

80% of the people on this forum know what you stand for. If there is an award for a sychophant, you should win it for life

People are dying daily and this retardeen spokesman is more concerned about the message it would pass across?
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by safarigirl(f): 12:48am On Dec 29, 2011
Jonathan has always been a confused slowpoke.

I don't even understand why Nigerians voted someone who studied about animals to lead humans, he probably thinks we're all goats and chickens. Mtcheeewww, oloshi
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by Mayflowa(m): 1:07am On Dec 29, 2011
@deboss
I asked he resign not necessary to stop BKH attacks but because the country have lack direction in all endeavours. As we all know now the have a very low IQ, you can imagine his smiles when the country is on fire and he needed to be firm to the sultan as Sokoto what he wants to happen to avoid him unlishing the military power upon the barstard. Also more to think about we Christian are not enjoying the dividend of having a Christian president that warrant the death and distraction, in another word we are paying too high price for no reward. Let me know what monumental project in south Nigerian since that slowpoke GEJ comes to power? So on this level I speaks. We are better with a northern leader who will trying to please us because the wealth of the nation comes from us than a confused person being turn by everyone.

Are you for real? Your complaint typifies that of the Moses-saved Isralites out of Egypt. I thought I'll never see this again. They have won the battle over you. *shakes head*
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by Goshen360(m): 1:17am On Dec 29, 2011
Basseti:

Lets just say that when it comes to BH, you know not what you are saying.

Boko Haram will be the first to disagree with you.

I dey laugh in spanish,lol
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by DonaldsN(m): 1:22am On Dec 29, 2011
'My people are dying of ignorance'.D only tin i got 4rm wat d MOG said was d question he raised "wat specifically is d govt going to do wit d money accrued 4rm removin fuel subsidy dat wil change d lives of Nigerians positively,so dat we can hv a reason  2suffer d consequencs of its r?".Odawise, y shuld he say d govt of GEJ is confused?Has he taken in2 account every detail of Nigeria's problems,dia causes&d steps takn 2solv dem?dose of u here ignorantly&unintelligently haranguing GEJ day in day out,dat he dosnt knw wat he's doing, am challenging u 2proffer just 1 reasonably detaild solution 2Nigeria's probs.Yes, cos u can only challenge ones decisions & actions wen u know d best decisions&actions 2take in such situation.dis country bcame pregnant of dis probs abt 50yrs ago,&d pregnancy has been nursed by each admin dat has come&gone.He's just unlucky dat d country was delivered of these probs during his tenure.BH became visible in 2002 during obj's tenure, &he didn't quash dem, and he wasn't crucified.Dia was scarcity of petroleum products,NLC,ASUU,TUC strike, we didn't ask 4his resignation.dia was no sustainable electricity,no gud roads,no medical care,no portable water,dia was dictatorship,niger delta militancy, insecurity, corruption, kidnapping,we didn't publicly harangue him while he stayed 4complete 8yrs.& here is a man who has just spent merely 7months as an elected president,who has instituted platforms in every sector 4d change we desire,&we castigate him.He's askd us 2give him time,&we tink 8months is enough 2access him,while it took us 8yrs 2access obj.Wat do we even really know abt Nigeria's probs?dia are so many illiterates on NL,judging 4rm dia posts & reasonings.GEJ no doubt has his errors being human.He's not fought coruption(d root of our probs) wit d absolute toughness it requires,dat's 1of d places he's nt doin well.BH is a terrorist group havin d same aim as al quaeda,dey ain't easily detected&defeated.dey are faceless. Lets giv him time&support
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by manny4life(m): 1:24am On Dec 29, 2011
safarigirl:

Jonathan has always been a confused slowpoke.

I don't even understand why Nigerians voted someone who studied about animals to lead humans, he probably thinks we're all goats and chickens. Mtcheeewww, oloshi

Ms Safari, so what has education got to do with leadership? How has him studying animals go to do with his leadership of humans? Like seriously, isn't that why he has experts and counsels around him for advisory on issues? Smh at some awful responses, it's ok to criticie him but don't make obvious your lack of understanding.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by expert555: 1:36am On Dec 29, 2011
@beaf
May be you are making see things I either ignored or travilised. If there is going to be any fight/war with those natters up north you can count me in. I only speaks now because I'm totally dilutioned with GEJ he is too weak he is not acting like a president he seems to be fed-up with everything and he is also sending signals as if he is crying for help.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by slap1(m): 2:23am On Dec 29, 2011
Okogie is 'righter' than my right hand. Ten gbooozaas for him.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by Kay1kay1(m): 2:50am On Dec 29, 2011
Thank you Archbishop.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by itiswell1(m): 5:39am On Dec 29, 2011
To the people saying GEJ is not confused, pls can you tell us where he is steering the course of this nation to. Where are we headed?
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by LEXYLOV: 6:10am On Dec 29, 2011
God Bless the man of God for this exposed. NL has too many ignorant forumites than any other social sites. Even though they know the truth of their situation they still pretend and say all source of rubbish here to credit their incompetent leader. Even a lame,deaf and dumb in Nigeria today observed that there is no government than the looters on the rampage active in the sit of power. The fisherman call GEJ earn this post by his usual mysterious lucks. He has no any ideal of administration except of taking care of animals at zoo. angry If Facebook can play an important role in the lives of Tunisian, Libyan, Egyptian etc revolution success, why not we Nigerian that much more than those people. We can still help from the keyboard through the internet to awake people who will do all the necessity to effect a change asap. lipsrsealed
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by LEXYLOV: 6:13am On Dec 29, 2011
God Bless the man of God for this exposed. NL has too many ignorant forumites than any other social sites. Even though they know the truth of their situation they still pretend and say all source of rubbish here to credit their incompetent leader. Even a lame,deaf and dumb in Nigeria today observed that there is no government than the looters on the rampage active in the seat of power. The fisherman call GEJ earn this post by his usual mysterious lucks. He has no any ideal of administration except of taking care of animals at zoo. Angry If Facebook can play an important role in the lives of Tunisian, Libyan, Egyptian etc revolution success, why not we Nigerian that much more than those people. We can still help from the keyboard through the internet to awake people who will do all the necessity to effect a change asap. Lips sealed
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by dmainboss: 7:15am On Dec 29, 2011
LEXYLOV:

God Bless the man of God for this exposed. NL has too many ignorant forumites than any other social sites. Even though they know the truth of their situation they still pretend and say all source of rubbish here to credit their incompetent leader. Even a lame,deaf and dumb in Nigeria today observed that there is no government than the looters on the rampage active in the seat of power. The fisherman call GEJ earn this post by his usual mysterious lucks. He has no any ideal of administration except of taking care of animals at zoo. Angry If Facebook can play an important role in the lives of Tunisian, Libyan, Egyptian etc revolution success, why not we Nigerian that much more than those people. We can still help from the keyboard through the internet to awake people who will do all the necessity to effect a change asap. Lips sealed

Posts like these are the reason you cannot have a revolution. When Dayokanu, Demdem, Oyb and their kind talk about a revolution, they mean, they want their party to take over power. That is the very root of Nigeria's problem. Okogie didnt exposed anything. He took the part of least resistance as we say in physics. He took a cheap shot. He did the easiet thing and that is, attack the president. I dont see him issuing any warning to the North. I dont see him treathening Boko Aram. Thats what real men do. It is cheap shot and silly when you come out and attack the president when that is the very reason Boko Aram is attacking in the first place. Okogie is only helping Boko Aram more. He is contributing to their cause. He is playing to th gallery.

Like I said before, If you want Boko Aram and the incessant Northern attacks to stop, the south has to speak with one voice and give them an ultimatun. But it will not happen because we are too partisan.

If you think the Nigerian president inefficient is the reason for the attacks then you have been fooled or you are too young. Nigeria needs to split. This isnt really new. Its been happening since independence. Its the same reason we fought the civil war. If happened even under military leaders. The only difference now is that the level of sophistication has increased because technology has increased and now, there is external collaboration from Al Qaeda
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by Nobody: 7:22am On Dec 29, 2011
This is the Best I have heard from a Man of God since I was Born
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by misterh(m): 7:33am On Dec 29, 2011
I agree dat GEJ appears confused as d nation seems not to have a definite direction she's facing- insecurity incessant, poverty reigns, corruption goes unabated among others. Ppl are dying avoidable deaths everyday on our roads, in our hospitals etc. If he's not fit to rule, let him tow d honourable path, #SMH 4 Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by 1860: 7:42am On Dec 29, 2011
his eminence is correct GEJ is confused
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by bdman: 7:51am On Dec 29, 2011
okogie is right gooluck should setup a committee on security and put obasanjo as the head and also hand over the more power to him,within 2 month we go 4get boko
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by Kx: 7:55am On Dec 29, 2011
Hm, Jona is loosing it.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by Reference(m): 8:24am On Dec 29, 2011
Nothing new. It is his responsibility to be critical on behalf of his flock especially when things don't look too good. But he like everyone else should realise Nigeria is s very complex society. It is not a place where the normal laws of leadership hold. There are special interests everywhere. That is why given all the responses so far you cannot pin down the exact nature of the problem. Is it religious, how do you link that with corruption and special interests. Is it a geo-political, north-south thing, how do you link that with religious divide. How do you grow the economy run by special interests when you can't fix a budget because security and the same special interests are so fluid. It is easy to describe the elephant from one perspective only. Most ministers can do that because they chose their staff. Most governors can do that because most states comprise peoples of common interests. Most individuals can do that because they chose their friends, their work environment, their places of worship, etc, but when you have to accomodate a group of very divergent peoples the challenges grow exponentially.

A good example is Plateau, Yobe and other states. The development ultimately lies with the people. They have to tolerate one another or their economy will run aground on the back of insecurity. Lagos state, the development ultimately lies with the people, they have to sacrifice more or the economy will collapse on them, NNPC, PHCN, the workers have to keep their snouts clean or they will face the unwarranted reality of private competition.

The buck quite rightly stops with leadership but the environment a leader operates in dictates how far and how fast he can move. Nigeria is truly a bog, a nightmare of epic proportions. There are no easy and quick fixes. People say just carpet bomb Yobe state. Well OBJ did it in Odi and the problem remains unresolved to this day. It just escalated to the full Niger-Delta insurgency that remains open till today. Surely this country cannot afford to be fighting on two fronts at the same time. But this gives a hint that not everyone believes what you and I believe or feels a decent society is worth aspiring to. This is not America where there is a common ideology.

What is the Nigerian ideology that any leader can hook onto.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by superior1: 8:34am On Dec 29, 2011
The biggest fool in Nigeria is Jonathan, the biggest fool in Nairaland is beaf

Is anybody still wondering why beaf keeps defending Jonathan? undecided undecided
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by elampiro(m): 8:50am On Dec 29, 2011
Reference, that was good. To lead Nigeria, you have to be diplomatic just to be acceptable to all. Sometimes when you use force, everything will collapse on you. OBJ attempted to use force to cut down the Niger-Delta milatants but he couldn't instead the whole thing escalated. It took the diplomacy of the 'fragile' Yaradua to calm the situation. People should know it is not easy to fight terrorism, more so where the people you atre fighting are phatom warriors. Who can tell the location of the Boko Haram, who can tell who they are,etc. It is difficult fighting someone who has already chosen death but only waiting to take innocent people with him, it is lots more difficult where it is possible that that person is your midst and unknown. That's why Okogie has chosen to speak about the issues that can immediately be tackled. That is, what will d money from d subsidy be used for when removed, the focus of the govt should be to achieve specific projets- electricity, good roads etc, and not elaborate target that can never be met as it has been for decades. Okogie also stated that the sposors of these group when identified, should be brought to book. This in my opinion is an intelligent approach. Those of you calling for revolution, hope you know Nigeria is not Libya, not Liberia or S/leon or Cote d Voire. If it should happen here, some families will be completely wiped out, infact some communities. It will be a calamity. Please you guys should put Nigeria problem into prayer. The pen is mightier than the sword, so continue to write and air your view/opinion/suggestion/ but don't carry sword. It will be well. Amen.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by Akwasi(m): 8:56am On Dec 29, 2011
The guy is just in a fix. Politics in Nigeria is very dirty. Read this and you will be shocked http://seeafrica..com/2011/12/freedom-of-religion-and-boko-haram-in_28.html
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by jmaine: 9:17am On Dec 29, 2011
Nairaland . . .all shoutz with no answers to glaring questions they castigate . . .Okogie stance is not new and is on track . . .but how will that stop the Boko Haram menace of cowardly throwing bombs in a crowded church . .

BTW, The Catholic congregation is a very wrong place for Boko Haram target . . .the first counter attack is likely to come from them than other Christian denomination . . .Catholics no dey take nonsense . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

North Will Regret Break-up - Afenifere / Nigeria vows to shut down Radio Biafra / I Can’t Be Cowed By Federal Agencies – Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.