Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,803 members, 7,817,334 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

I Can’t Be Cowed By Federal Agencies – Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can’t Be Cowed By Federal Agencies – Wike (9819 Views)

APC Moves To Sack Heads Of Federal Agencies Loyal To Opposition - Independent.ng / Buhari Appoints Heads Of 23 Federal Agencies [full List] / Fayose Orders Federal Agencies In Ekiti To Pay Rent Or Leave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can’t Be Cowed By Federal Agencies – Wike by browniecay: 6:56am On Dec 24, 2016
Chukwudi Akasike, Port Harcourt

Rivers State Governor, Chief Nyesom Wike, said on Friday that no amount of intimidation or blackmail from Federal Government agencies would force him into selling the state to external predators.

Wike urged the people of the state not to panic, insisting that nobody could take the state by force despite the “sustained blackmail” by the police and the Department of State Services. Speaking when he granted an audience to the Rivers State Elders Council of Ministers, Wike said, “This is a turbulent period. However, we will overcome. They can cow other governors, but not me. “None of them gave me the mandate. The people of Rivers State gave me this mandate and I will never sell the interest of this state for whatever reason. I will not bring out the money of Rivers State to sponsor other people outside the state.”

The governor also alleged that security agencies were frustrating the security architecture of the state to further their “devilish plot” to declare a state of emergency and thereafter bring a lackey to loot the state.

Meanwhile, Wike denied sponsoring anyone to protest in Abuja against the Federal Government, pointing out that those who planned to protest in his (Wike) favour must have taken a cue from those who protested against him in Abuja.

In his remarks, the leader of RISECOM, Archbishop of Niger Delta Province, Most Rev. Ignatius Kattey, commended the governor for his development strides in the state. In the meantime, the lawmaker representing Rivers South-East Senatorial District in the National Assembly, Senator Magnus Abe, has said that the All Progressives Congress would challenge the Commission of Inquiry set up by Wike to investigate the act of violence during the December 10 rerun elections in the state.

Abe, who spoke at a media parley in Port Harcourt on Friday explained, “I think this is the joke of the year. Like every other joke that has been reduced to pen and paper, we are going to treat it seriously. We will challenge that so-called commission in the court,” he said.

Abe maintained that such a panel should be unbiased, adding that past commissions established by the governor had demonstrated that the intention was to indict APC members and exonerate PDP members from any culpability.

http://punchng.com/cant-cowed-federal-agencies-wike/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Be Cowed By Federal Agencies – Wike by DropShot: 7:00am On Dec 24, 2016
Immunity is good especially when you have a true democrat as president.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can’t Be Cowed By Federal Agencies – Wike by Atiku2019: 7:01am On Dec 24, 2016
Watching..............

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Be Cowed By Federal Agencies – Wike by MrFairplay4ume(m): 7:05am On Dec 24, 2016
cowed? you can't be goated too. this man talks too much these days. undecidedcowed? you can't be goated too. this man talks too much these days.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Be Cowed By Federal Agencies – Wike by kcnwaigbo: 7:07am On Dec 24, 2016
MrFairplay4ume:
cowed? you can't be goated too. this man talks too much these days. undecidedcowed? you can't be goated too. this man talks too much these days.
Why not try and talk more than him

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Can’t Be Cowed By Federal Agencies – Wike by mbaboy(m): 7:07am On Dec 24, 2016
Wike the slayer of APC, the people of Rivers state are solidly behind u

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Can’t Be Cowed By Federal Agencies – Wike by kcnwaigbo: 7:09am On Dec 24, 2016
DropShot:
Immunity is good especially when you have a true democrat as president.
So what do you think Buhari could have done? Immunity or no immunity, Buhari cannot intimidate Nyesom Wike

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Can’t Be Cowed By Federal Agencies – Wike by mbaboy(m): 7:09am On Dec 24, 2016
But we love him that way
MrFairplay4ume:

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Be Cowed By Federal Agencies – Wike by Bari22: 7:12am On Dec 24, 2016
mr. Wicked you are already a coward.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Be Cowed By Federal Agencies – Wike by Cekpo34(m): 7:12am On Dec 24, 2016
“None of them gave me the mandate. The people of Rivers State gave me this mandate and I will never sell the interest of this state for whatever reason. I will not bring out the money of Rivers State to sponsor other people outside the state.”

grin grin grin

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Be Cowed By Federal Agencies – Wike by sinistermind(m): 7:12am On Dec 24, 2016
Gbam!!! Even if i'm not in support of the way he talks, but it's obvious the FG is after this man.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Be Cowed By Federal Agencies – Wike by kcnwaigbo: 7:15am On Dec 24, 2016
Bari22:
Am sure Amaechi the lizard of ubima would disagree with you considering the way Wike has death with him over the years

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can’t Be Cowed By Federal Agencies – Wike by Splinz(m): 7:16am On Dec 24, 2016
Wike the man of valour! The giraffe of Daura and the rat of Ubima can't break you...

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Be Cowed By Federal Agencies – Wike by hyfr(m): 8:11am On Dec 24, 2016
I must confess, in next 10 years to come. Port Harcourt is going to be the las Vega of Nigeria. The kind clubs and hotels they're building there na die.

7 Likes

Re: I Can’t Be Cowed By Federal Agencies – Wike by nairaman66(m): 8:11am On Dec 24, 2016
How can a killer be cowed?

4 Likes

Re: I Can’t Be Cowed By Federal Agencies – Wike by SeunPhantom(m): 8:11am On Dec 24, 2016
cheesy
Re: I Can’t Be Cowed By Federal Agencies – Wike by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 24, 2016
Ur big nose there
Re: I Can’t Be Cowed By Federal Agencies – Wike by Mattspen22(f): 8:11am On Dec 24, 2016
Wike is the leader there

3 Likes

Re: I Can’t Be Cowed By Federal Agencies – Wike by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 24, 2016
Wike?..Mtchew

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Be Cowed By Federal Agencies – Wike by GlorifiedSon: 8:12am On Dec 24, 2016
Merry Christmas Nairalanders..just in case you haven't got your meat contact me for live goat (around Ajah)
Check my profile for more details.
Thanks for the patronage so far.
Re: I Can’t Be Cowed By Federal Agencies – Wike by omsaul4: 8:12am On Dec 24, 2016
Hmmm..I see
Re: I Can’t Be Cowed By Federal Agencies – Wike by emmalexabl(m): 8:13am On Dec 24, 2016
Bari22:

Na dem.....AFONJAs angry angry

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can’t Be Cowed By Federal Agencies – Wike by Promismike(m): 8:14am On Dec 24, 2016
great
Re: I Can’t Be Cowed By Federal Agencies – Wike by Allee90: 8:17am On Dec 24, 2016
This 5% idiot will soon realise that Tea is actually made from water

4 Likes

Re: I Can’t Be Cowed By Federal Agencies – Wike by declassicist: 8:20am On Dec 24, 2016
YES. Stand and defend your people from those who say they have federal power

2 Likes

Re: I Can’t Be Cowed By Federal Agencies – Wike by folahann(m): 8:20am On Dec 24, 2016
Hmmm Wike the Wicked. Nemesis will soon catch up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Be Cowed By Federal Agencies – Wike by MarshRiley(m): 8:21am On Dec 24, 2016
We all knew they will throw cheap propaganda at you since the vast number of military personel couldn't intimidate you in the just concluded election,but I am sure they know the whole world is watching so they won't do anything stupid apart from the media lies and propaganda....
Fayose from Ekiti and Wike from PH,the two real governors we have in Nigeria.Only una don disturb APC pass the way they disturbed PDP during the last administration,you guys are real men jor

11 Likes

Re: I Can’t Be Cowed By Federal Agencies – Wike by kcnwaigbo: 8:21am On Dec 24, 2016
Allee90:
This 5% idiot will soon realise that Tea is actually made from water
The 97% parasites will soon realise who has been feeding them all this while

17 Likes

Re: I Can’t Be Cowed By Federal Agencies – Wike by zmtoz: 8:27am On Dec 24, 2016
When the going was good

2 Likes

Re: I Can’t Be Cowed By Federal Agencies – Wike by opalu: 8:41am On Dec 24, 2016
2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ekiti PDP Lawmaker Defects To APC / October 1st - What Should Nigerians Be Celebrating ? / How Cultists Looking For Me Gunned Down OAU Student In My Presence –legacy!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.