Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,972 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

How To Avoid Craving For Illicit Drugs And Alcohol? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Avoid Craving For Illicit Drugs And Alcohol? (1015 Views)

Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements / Appreciating The Place Of Drugs And Medical Procedures In Handling Of Illnesses. / I Am Pregnant And Craving For..... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Avoid Craving For Illicit Drugs And Alcohol? by tjaft(f): 10:30pm On Dec 29, 2011
Hello guys just thought of this topic now for those of you guys who wants to stop alcohol an drugs an you think you cant stop then this is just the beginning of joy for cos with this steps strictly followed you can stop.An individual who has been habituated to illicit drugs or alcohol faces hard time withdrawing these habits. He should have strong commitment along with proper guidance to stay away from drugs. Below are some tips to help a drug addict overcome his/her craving for drugs.

1,Spend time with family and friends
The most important elements that can help you evade the drug abusing thoughts are - positive counseling for building self-confidence and good social company. These two needs can only be fulfilled by your family and friends, especially who are non-drug addicts. Hence, spending as much time as possible with your family and friends would significantly help in staying away from the habit.

This just step 1, with Gods u can make this work.
if u re really interested then contact me through my email which is abidemifunsho@gmail.com or tjaft2002@yahoo.co.uk.
Re: How To Avoid Craving For Illicit Drugs And Alcohol? by Nobody: 1:43am On Dec 30, 2011
you are making it sound like all these addicts are faking it. if it was THAT simple then there wouldnt be so many rehab center all over the place.

i will be patiently waiting for your other points, as of #1: many addicts do get high or drunk IN FRONT OF THEIR FAMILIES/FRIENDS. so spending time with them could actually be the REASON why they get high/drunk, lol!

the NUMBER ONE issue is that this person should WANT TO STOP, first and foremost. if they dont want to stop (or dont see anything wrong in getting high/drunk) then whatever you say or do is a waste of time and energy.
Re: How To Avoid Craving For Illicit Drugs And Alcohol? by tjaft(f): 12:13pm On Dec 30, 2011
am no it making it sound like that,when u have the right family around u to help u stop it then it is possible. embarassed
Re: How To Avoid Craving For Illicit Drugs And Alcohol? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 30, 2011
alcohol and drug addiction take over your whole life. even with the right family, there are very little chances of succes, unless that person is willing to stop. . . . . . .no matter how hard family tries.

you are making it sound like all these addicts out there have no loving families.

(1) (Reply)

Natural Ways Of Increasing The Size Of Your Male Organ Permanently / Fibriod / Snail, Snail Importance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.