Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,340 members, 7,819,201 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Christmas Bombings: God Is Powerless! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christmas Bombings: God Is Powerless! (18081 Views)

Is A Prayerless Christian Really A Powerless Christian? / The Name Of Jesus Is Powerless....philipians 2:10 / The Devil Is Powerless (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christmas Bombings: God Is Powerless! by Abayomin70(m): 6:56pm On Dec 30, 2011
Martian there is GOD and he is coming very soon
Re: Christmas Bombings: God Is Powerless! by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:57pm On Dec 30, 2011
[size=13pt]voodoodull dear your name sound different from your below comment ^^  grin

If u say God do exist i believe u should reason for accepting his existence in the presence of all the evil going on in the World today . If truly he exist i and u know he should have choose to sit down there crossings his arms and legs and watching some set of people described as boka haram to bomb his worshipers and he's there keeping silent doing nothing to STOP it ? grin grin  All sin, evil, and horror will be eradicated!  All those who have ever lived that choose a love relationship with God will live forever, even though they may have died or been killed at sometime or another on this cursed planet.  All those who choose to reject the love of God will get what they want, forever separation from God in eternal non-existence.  This is what Jesus did when he died and was resurrected.  This horror will end when Jesus comes the second time.  The perpetrators of evil and horror will be punished. Then the earth and the universe will be at peace again.  And sin and evil can never, ever occur again because everyone will know Good-and-Evil and know that the only thing that really works is GOOD!!!  Period!!!  cheesy cheesy

I agree with you that evolution is almost impossible to believe - but the notion of a loving Creator designing the boko harams for bombing , or callously allowing it to happen, isn't any easier for me to accept. cheesy cheesy
[/size]
Re: Christmas Bombings: God Is Powerless! by Afam4eva(m): 6:57pm On Dec 30, 2011
I never knew there were many atheist in Nigeria.
Re: Christmas Bombings: God Is Powerless! by VoodooDoll(m): 6:57pm On Dec 30, 2011
@Manmustwac

Innocent Christians were murdered by cowards, that's a fact.  Innocen Christians have unfortunately been failed by the Nigerian State.

Nigerians (including innocent Christians) have chosen to stick our heads in the sand like ostriches instead of confronting the enormous problems we have. Our state governors, national assembly men and executive arm (including GEj) sleep at night undisturbed and we let them. So blaming God for this is wrong.

We can choose to strike for as long as there is insecurity

We can choose to march to the state governors house, but no we remain docile.
Re: Christmas Bombings: God Is Powerless! by manmustwac(m): 7:00pm On Dec 30, 2011
Abayomin70:

Martian there is GOD and he is coming very soon
how soon? Be specific. Give us the time and date.
Re: Christmas Bombings: God Is Powerless! by onila(f): 7:02pm On Dec 30, 2011
you guys shld be careful !
Re: Christmas Bombings: God Is Powerless! by Goshen360(m): 7:03pm On Dec 30, 2011
A fool say in his heart: there is no God. Why didnt you say there is no God when terrorists attacked WTC in the US? Why didnt you say there is no God when good things happen to bad people right in your nose? For God makes the sun to shine/rain come on both the good and the bad. I can't go on and on to proof there is God if the heart is hardened.

On the other hand, I have never supported those MOG when they came out to declare such words as it is unlike of Christ. Christ never instructed Christians to fight physical battle/war. This is what we keep saying about religious leaders and their misleading activities,words, doctrines and events like this really shows the inside of them, who they truly are.
Re: Christmas Bombings: God Is Powerless! by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 30, 2011
was wondering WTH are our atheists bro&sis not posting often these days.

All of a sudden their 'focal point' is touched and behold here they are in their numbers. lol

Its obvious u guys are Just here to show hate and frustration when ever the God subject is brought to the front burner.

Topic already over emphasized. After 9/10 same question/points were raised yet millions that still believes in God despite the several questioning, out numbers those that doesn't.

In conclusion, its a waste of space
Re: Christmas Bombings: God Is Powerless! by Ogaga4Luv(m): 7:05pm On Dec 30, 2011
[size=13pt]All these is happening because GOD allowed it to happen  , stop pointing hands on Satan -- hands should be point at GOD and he alone must be blame ![/size]
Re: Christmas Bombings: God Is Powerless! by dare2think: 7:06pm On Dec 30, 2011
-Sighs-

Circular debate.

A very mysterious world indeed.

Nobody knows jack, but people should be free to believe in whatever they see fit, as long as you dont trample on the rights of others, a vision the boko haramist clearly lack.
Re: Christmas Bombings: God Is Powerless! by eghost247(m): 7:11pm On Dec 30, 2011
subscribing
Re: Christmas Bombings: God Is Powerless! by mazaje(m): 7:12pm On Dec 30, 2011
toba:

was wondering WTH are our atheists bro&sis not posting often these days.

All of a sudden their 'focal point' is touched and behold here they are in their numbers. lol

Its obvious u guys are Just here to show hate and frustration when ever the God subject is brought to the front burner.

Topic already over emphasized. After 9/10 same question/points were raised yet millions that still believes in God despite the several questioning, out numbers those that doesn't.

In conclusion, its a waste of space

What exactly is the "hate"?

The fact that millions believe in the god hypothesis doesn't mean its true. . .After all the whole world used to believe the world was flat, many people bac in the days believed in fairies. . .Numbers have nothing to do with reality. . .Belief in god and gods is what exist not the god/gods themselves. . . .
Re: Christmas Bombings: God Is Powerless! by Sameee1uZ: 7:15pm On Dec 30, 2011
THERE IS A GOD OH YES, I BELIVEVE THERE IS A GOD. And he is on his way. Some u who believe there's no GOD is just being tempted by the devil and that alone is a TEST from the almighty GOD. GOD watch his own son JESUS can tourtured and killed by unbelievers. At the end of it all something good came out of all the sufferings he went through. The result is US, YOU and I who are  living and breathing air. How sure are you that those people are not in heaven. They were killed in their father's house and indeed they're with him in heaven where they are save and in peace. Remember you live in a world of GOOD and EVIL. Even the most religious person as long you live among the evils ones it's most likely you will be effective by their evil doings, that is only bodily,but your soul they will never take. It's only  a test and also a lesson, There is A GOD. OH YES, I BELIEVE THERE IS A GOD and HE IS COMING SOON.
Re: Christmas Bombings: God Is Powerless! by Ogaga4Luv(m): 7:20pm On Dec 30, 2011
[size=13pt]BTW, as I understand the god-hypothesis, God is not a supernatural being with power. Such would be nothing more than an idol created by the human imagination ^^ grin grin[/size]
Re: Christmas Bombings: God Is Powerless! by IbroSaunks(m): 7:21pm On Dec 30, 2011
The world is bad, people are dying, etc etc. Yes, that is the way GOD created it. That is the way God decrees it, because that is the purpose and essence of the world itself.
Re: Christmas Bombings: God Is Powerless! by Ogaga4Luv(m): 7:30pm On Dec 30, 2011
[size=13pt]You as a Christian i believe u would have known the bible said in the beginning when GOD created the World was good , it wasn't bad and i believe if u were GOD u notice a fault in something u started the next option is to search for every means to put things upright just like in the beginning .

You boldly wrote now that the World is bad and what is GOD doing about it if truly he exist? don't tell me that's the way he want it seeing all these many evil happening in his present if i were GOD i would have even get provoked to see some set of people busy bombing the people saving me .
[/size]

IbroSaunks:

The world is bad, people are dying, etc etc. Yes, that is the way GOD created it. That is the way God decrees it, because that is the purpose and essence of the world itself.
Re: Christmas Bombings: God Is Powerless! by kingado: 7:32pm On Dec 30, 2011
May God have mercy on the unbelievers
Re: Christmas Bombings: God Is Powerless! by Jarus(m): 7:32pm On Dec 30, 2011
I am personally convinced that God exists and He interferes in man's affairs, helps and protects.

But I have problem with a lot of religionists that refuse to face the reality that as much as possible, we must, through humanly possible and legitimate means protect and help ourselves, while having at the deep back of our hearts that God is the ultimate Protector.

Tell some people to take some precautions and you will hear 'it's not my portion'

Rather than believe that God doesn't exist, my own take-home from events like this is, true salvation is from the fundamentals of a religion and its reasonability, not some miracle-thumping as evidence of salvation.
Re: Christmas Bombings: God Is Powerless! by manosteel(m): 7:35pm On Dec 30, 2011
In Time like this, people are bound to ask questions; and the Almighty has answer to every question. In the last day, those questions will not arise because we will all understand. Believing in God or not does not change who He is.
Re: Christmas Bombings: God Is Powerless! by IbroSaunks(m): 7:36pm On Dec 30, 2011
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]You as a Christian i believe u would have known the bible said in the beginning when GOD created the World was good , it wasn't bad and i believe if u were GOD u notice a fault in something u started the next option is to search for every means to put things upright just like in the beginning .

You boldly wrote now that the World is bad and what is GOD doing about it if truly he exist?  don't tell me that's the way he want it seeing all these many evil happening in his present if i were GOD i would have even get provoked to see some set of people busy bombing the people saving me .
[/size]

I'm not a christian bro! Don't limit your question to the bombings naw, also ask why some people are hungry, there's abject poverty, hurricanes, earthquakes etc etc angry
Re: Christmas Bombings: God Is Powerless! by eghost247(m): 7:38pm On Dec 30, 2011
Jarus:

I am personally convinced that God exists and He interferes in man's affairs, helps and protects.

But I have problem with a lot of religionists that refuse to face the reality that as much as possible, we must, through humanly possible and legitimate means protect and help ourselves, while having at the deep back of our hearts that God is the ultimate Protector.

Tell some people to take some precautions and you will hear 'it's not my portion'

Rather than believe that God doesn't exist, my own take-home from events like this is, true salvation is from the fundamentals of a religion and its reasonability, not some miracle-thumping as evidence of salvation.
[size=14pt]Jarus your cracking me up 'it's not my portion' HAHAHAHAHAHAHA[/size]
Re: Christmas Bombings: God Is Powerless! by Andrew3(m): 7:39pm On Dec 30, 2011
For the ways of God are not like the ways of man. Time shall come. angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Christmas Bombings: God Is Powerless! by ThePatrio: 7:42pm On Dec 30, 2011
The frustrations of many on this site could be understood. This same question posed by Bayoooo was asked by many following the 9/11 attacks and has been asked again and again whenever tragedies befall people- Christians in particular.  Without doubt, I do not just believe that God exists, I know He exists. The Christian Bible has provided many reasons why evil things like this Boko Harram terrorism etc happen to good people just as there are reasons why good things happen to evil people. People should understand that although God is sovereign, he has nevertheless given man control over this planet earth, ordained principles by which the universe functions and by which man is expected to live. When these principles are violated, the consequences are always tragic.
Re: Christmas Bombings: God Is Powerless! by Ogaga4Luv(m): 7:46pm On Dec 30, 2011
[size=13pt]Alright my dear i though u are one Christian base on your previous comment ^^  but i huge u should only share what u know deep and i mean very well . like me i was a Christian but only too fortunate to discover i was on the wrong path of life  .  Even people are wondering how come this guy background is from Christianity but he's different . the reason is because i we should follow the wrong path seeing everything that it won't help.

a god is an all powerful being or entity. yet at the same time, we have power to control our thoughts and actions (as well as a range of other power existing in different forms throughout the universe), so if a god created us, then in order to do so, it must have forfeited some of its own power. because god cannot have power over us if we do, so therefore the god now has no power to govern any conscious being i think so that's why he can't STOP all the bombing or other sins happening that he hates so much in the bible despite he claim that the dead of Jesus have make us to avoid sin--  Sin keeps ringing inside our life daily basis .

and if a god cannot govern any concious being, then how can it help us. how can praying to this god for help benefit us in any way. the god no longer has power over us, and no longer has power over our fates. so essentially, by creating us, god has given us its power.

so if gods power was infinite, and the universe is infinite, then by creating the universe and beings in the universe, this god destroyed itself. conclusion: in order for us to exist, a god cannot, religion is wrong  grin
[/size]

IbroSaunks:

I'm not a christian bro!
Re: Christmas Bombings: God Is Powerless! by claremont(m): 7:46pm On Dec 30, 2011
I love this thread! grin grin cheesy

A great man once said the words below;

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.

Is God able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.

Is God both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?

Is God neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?

I rest my case! grin
Re: Christmas Bombings: God Is Powerless! by Ogaga4Luv(m): 7:49pm On Dec 30, 2011
[size=13pt]The GOD that can't do anything --- grin grin grin wink[/size]

claremont:

I love this thread! grin grin cheesy

A great man once said the words below;

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.

Is God able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.

Is God both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?

Is God neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?

I rest my case! grin

Re: Christmas Bombings: God Is Powerless! by ArQueBusieR(m): 7:50pm On Dec 30, 2011
Your troubles haven't started yet. In 2012, the devil is going to torment mankind like never before. He's only revving-up now.
Re: Christmas Bombings: God Is Powerless! by Goshen360(m): 7:59pm On Dec 30, 2011
The Patrio:

The frustrations of many on this site could be understood. This same question posed by Bayoooo was asked by many following the 9/11 attacks and has been asked again and again whenever tragedies befall people- Christians in particular.  Without doubt, I do not just believe that God exists, I know He exists. The Christian Bible has provided many reasons why evil things like this Boko Harram terrorism etc happen to good people just as there are reasons why good things happen to evil people. People should understand that although God is sovereign, he has nevertheless given man control over this planet earth, ordained principles by which the universe functions and by which man is expected to live. When these principles are violated, the consequences are always tragic.    

I asked the poster same question. Because evil before good people doesnt mean there is no God. The problem is God will never descend from heaven to do for man what man can do for himself. Nigerians can solve our problems by ourselves but we choose not to take responsibilities unlike other developed nations and yet, our leaders visit these developed countries and see what they have done for themselves, that isn't God that came down to help them but they did by themselves. YOU CANNOT CONVINCE A MAN THAT THERE IS GOD WHEN HIS HEART IS HARDENED. Next topic please.
Re: Christmas Bombings: God Is Powerless! by claremont(m): 8:00pm On Dec 30, 2011
ArQueBusieR:

Your troubles haven't started yet.[size=13pt] In 2012, the devil is going to torment mankind like never before. He's only revving-up now.[/size]
Really?! And what does your god do while the devil is supposedly tormenting mankind?! He/She sits down with folded hands, in complete indifference at the plight of people who are supposedly his creation!

God evidently does NOT exist anywhere, but assuming I am proven to be wrong and it is found that a god does exist, that god is definitely the most evil and sadistic deity in all of human history.

goshen360:

[size=13pt]YOU CANNOT CONVINCE A MAN THAT THERE IS GOD WHEN HIS HEART IS HARDENED[/size]. Next topic please.
Yes, you can! You can do so by providing evidence to back up your assertion that a god exist somewhere. The absence of evidence is the evidence of absence. grin grin
Re: Christmas Bombings: God Is Powerless! by manosteel(m): 8:04pm On Dec 30, 2011
In the Bible, Many doubted God's existence and went scotfree but for one man called the rich Fool, he wasn't so fortunate. Just hope that God will not strike some people dead tonight to prove a point.
Re: Christmas Bombings: God Is Powerless! by IbroSaunks(m): 8:05pm On Dec 30, 2011
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]Alright my dear i though u are one Christian base on your previous comment ^^  but i huge u should only share what u know deep and i mean very well . like me i was a Christian but only too fortunate to discover i was on the wrong path of life  .  Even people are wondering how come this guy background is from Christianity but he's different . the reason is because i we should follow the wrong path seeing everything that it won't help.

a god is an all powerful being or entity. yet at the same time, we have power to control our thoughts and actions (as well as a range of other power existing in different forms throughout the universe), so if a god created us, then in order to do so, it must have forfeited some of its own power. because god cannot have power over us if we do, so therefore the god now has no power to govern any conscious being i think so that's why he can't STOP all the bombing or other sins happening that he hates so much in the bible despite he claim that the dead of Jesus have make us to avoid sin--  Sin keeps ringing inside our life daily basis .

and if a god cannot govern any concious being, then how can it help us. how can praying to this god for help benefit us in any way. the god no longer has power over us, and no longer has power over our fates. so essentially, by creating us, god has given us its power.

so if gods power was infinite, and the universe is infinite, then by creating the universe and beings in the universe, this god destroyed itself. conclusion: in order for us to exist, a god cannot, religion is wrong  grin
[/size]

bro, God didnt create the world to be all nice and cosy, with cream, and caviar! God created a temporary testing ground, filled with trials. God will test our faith. If the world was all warm and cosy, then we won't need or turn to God, or remember him as we should.
Re: Christmas Bombings: God Is Powerless! by Ogaga4Luv(m): 8:05pm On Dec 30, 2011
[size=13pt]Leave the devil out of this!!  angry . You should point hands to your GOD who claimed to be supreme .  by the way , what is your God doing to STOP the evil ? honestly speaking my dear i believe u never known single thing about GOD ^^  grin grin . a full belly doesn't think straight. undecided

First of all, if you wish to talk about God, you need to be in the clear what God you are talking about.

Are you talking about some arbitrary philosophical construct, a God of logical inference. . . huh  

Or are you talking about Jehovah, Allah, Zeus, Krishna or whomever. . . huh  

Once you are in the clear about that, then you should proceed. Otherwise, you are just stirring theoretical bullshit with no actual support. grin grin wink
[/size]

ArQueBusieR:

Your troubles haven't started yet. In 2012, the devil is going to torment mankind like never before. He's only revving-up now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

What Is The Significance Of 40 In The Bible? / Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey / How I Listen To The Audio Bible (my Advice)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.