Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,592 members, 7,958,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:58 AM

Oyo State Govt Set Up Operation Burst To Beat Up Indecently Dressed Civilians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo State Govt Set Up Operation Burst To Beat Up Indecently Dressed Civilians (4409 Views)

Benue Militant Who Submitted 84 Guns To The State Govt / Boko Haram: Nigeria, Chad, Niger Set Up Operation Office / Ewi of Ado-Ekiti Advocates Flogging, Arrest Of Indecently Dressed Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyo State Govt Set Up Operation Burst To Beat Up Indecently Dressed Civilians by kunleben1: 5:47pm On Dec 31, 2011
There have been uproars about the recent activities of the operation burst, a newly constituted monitoring security outfit in oyo state, who beat up innocent civilians who they think are improperly dressed. Girls/ladies who wear trousers or dressed in 'spaghetti' or posing around with weird hairdos are harassed and mauled by these personnels. Guys who put on ear-rings, either magnetic or real; with  weird hairdos such as dreadlocks, rough coil, gallas, obama and afro are first given the beatings of their lives before being dragged to the nearest barber's shop for a 'last skin' cut.
Quoting different sections of from this source: http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/29278-robbery-ajimobi-inaugurates-joint-patrol-squad.html

1. The 146-member squad, codenamed “Operation Burst’’, is made up of 65 policemen; 55 personnel of the Nigerian Army; 12 Air Force personnel; 7 from the State Security Service (SSS) and 7 from the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC).

2. The governor noted that a government exists, in the first instance, to be able to provide security for its people, adding that any government that failed in this regard had lost touch with the fundamentals of government.

3. "Outcries over the activities of hoodlums and armed robbers, who have literally frozen the peace of the people, have been on the increase,’’ the governor said.

4. We have lined up investors who are expected to jump-start the economy, as well as lift social activities in the state from its present state of inertia to one that we can be proud of.
“This cannot be achieved in an atmosphere of violence and armed robbery. This was why we found it expedient to inaugurate this joint task force,” Ajimobi said.
The governor, while enjoining the people of the state to be security-conscious all the time, said that armed robbers and hooligans were not some spirits who just jumped down from Uranus.

The Governor, senator Abiola Ajimobi, did not make any mention of indecent dressing/proper dress code during the inauguration of this squad. So it seems now that this "operation burst" personnels have neglected their duties of protecting the lives and properties of the oyo state citizens and now their watch-outs are innocent citizens, who they think are wrongly dressed!. hitherto, the governor has not responded over this situation despite the hue and cry over different media. Now the citizens the security outfits are supposed to protect are also their victims of bully!

(pls forgive me, probably i'm not suppose to add this but shouldn't dressing be subjective just as beauty is in the eye of the beholder? besides, is this the next focus in the face of different security challenges that besieged our beloved country? well, that's my own opinion.)
Re: Oyo State Govt Set Up Operation Burst To Beat Up Indecently Dressed Civilians by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 31, 2011
please provide a link of some kind so this does not look like empty hearsay

Governor Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State yesterday inaugurated the state joint patrol squad, with a warning to criminal elements to steer clear of the state.

The 146-member squad, codenamed “Operation Burst’’, is made up of 65 policemen; 55 personnel of the Nigerian Army; 12 Air Force personnel; 7 from the State Security Service (SSS) and 7 from the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC).
Ajimobi, while inaugurating the squad at the Governor’s Office car park, said the move was a symbol of his administration’s total and zero tolerance for insecurity.

The governor noted that a government exists, in the first instance, to be able to provide security for its people, adding that any government that failed in this regard had lost touch with the fundamentals of government.

He recalled that of recent, there had been renewed onslaught of men of the underworld and activities of undesirable elements in the country.
“Outcries over the activities of hoodlums and armed robbers, who have literally frozen the peace of the people, have been on the increase,’’ the governor said.

Although he said the state had been lucky not to have a share of the unpleasant attacks of the men of the underworld, any proactive government must not wait until it happened.

Ajimobi, who attributed the upsurge in criminal activities to the Yuletide season, said that having loafed for the previous 11 months of the year, it had now dawned on the criminal elements that the massive social requirements of the Yuletide period needed to be addressed urgently.

“Being loafers and lazy men and women that they are, criminal activities become ready tools with which they hope to circumvent the requirements of the festive period,’’ he said.
According to him, joint security patrol of both military and police, is the most desirable at this moment.
He said his administration had outlined several developmental and economic-boosting activities towards the rejuvenation of the state, saying this could only come a reality in an atmosphere of peace and tranquility.
“We have lined up investors who are expected to jump-start the economy, as well as lift social activities in the state from its present state of inertia to one that we can be proud of.
“This cannot be achieved in an atmosphere of violence and armed robbery. This was why we found it expedient to inaugurate this joint task force,” Ajimobi said.
The governor, while enjoining the people of the state to be security-conscious all the time, said that armed robbers and hooligans were not some spirits who just jumped down from Uranus.
The Special Adviser to the Governor, Mr. Segun Abolarinwa, explained that the squad would begin with the patrol of Ibadan metropolis with 15 vans and eight Armoured Personnel Carriers (APCs).
He said additional 34 patrol vans and four APCs would soon be purchased by the government after which the squad would extend its operations to other towns like Oyo, Ogbomoso, Saki and Igbo-Ora.

this is what the nation has to say.

with his dual citizenship, i doubt ajimobi should have issues women in trousers and spagetti straps etal.

btw, which hairuts are obama, rough coil, gallas ?
Re: Oyo State Govt Set Up Operation Burst To Beat Up Indecently Dressed Civilians by Parisgoodman(m): 6:34pm On Dec 31, 2011
He would have been worse than GEJ.
Re: Oyo State Govt Set Up Operation Burst To Beat Up Indecently Dressed Civilians by ifyalways(f): 7:47pm On Dec 31, 2011
Na wao.OP where is the source of this tori.

Meanwhile Dayo and co,hope you are watching.Guys with hoods etal wont be spared from the beatings either.lolz

Super story
Re: Oyo State Govt Set Up Operation Burst To Beat Up Indecently Dressed Civilians by peckhamboi: 9:41pm On Dec 31, 2011
Governor Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State yesterday inaugurated the state joint patrol squad, with a warning to criminal elements to steer clear of the state.
The 146-member squad, codenamed “Operation Burst’’, is made up of 65 policemen; 55 personnel of the Nigerian Army; 12 Air Force personnel; 7 from the State Security Service (SSS) and 7 from the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC).
Ajimobi, while inaugurating the squad at the Governor’s Office car park, said the move was a symbol of his administration’s total and zero tolerance for insecurity.
The governor noted that a government exists, in the first instance, to be able to provide security for its people, adding that any government that failed in this regard had lost touch with the fundamentals of government.
He recalled that of recent, there had been renewed onslaught of men of the underworld and activities of undesirable elements in the country.
“Outcries over the activities of hoodlums and armed robbers, who have literally frozen the peace of the people, have been on the increase,’’ the governor said.
Although he said the state had been lucky not to have a share of the unpleasant attacks of the men of the underworld, any proactive government must not wait until it happened.
Ajimobi, who attributed the upsurge in criminal activities to the Yuletide season, said that having loafed for the previous 11 months of the year, it had now dawned on the criminal elements that the massive social requirements of the Yuletide period needed to be addressed urgently.
“Being loafers and lazy men and women that they are, criminal activities become ready tools with which they hope to circumvent the requirements of the festive period,’’ he said.
According to him, joint security patrol of both military and police, is the most desirable at this moment.
He said his administration had outlined several developmental and economic-boosting activities towards the rejuvenation of the state, saying this could only come a reality in an atmosphere of peace and tranquility.
“We have lined up investors who are expected to jump-start the economy, as well as lift social activities in the state from its present state of inertia to one that we can be proud of.
The Special Adviser to the Governor, Mr. Segun Abolarinwa, explained that the squad would begin with the patrol of Ibadan metropolis with 15 vans and eight Armoured Personnel Carriers (APCs).
He said additional 34 patrol vans and four APCs would soon be purchased by the government after which the squad would extend its operations to other towns like Oyo, Ogbomoso, Saki and Igbo-Ora.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/29278-robbery-ajimobi-inaugurates-joint-patrol-squad.html
Re: Oyo State Govt Set Up Operation Burst To Beat Up Indecently Dressed Civilians by ebere1712: 11:46pm On Dec 31, 2011
Catch them America wannabes grin someone please tell him that I loathe whatever he is wearing and he should send himself to jail.
Re: Oyo State Govt Set Up Operation Burst To Beat Up Indecently Dressed Civilians by civomed: 2:23am On Jan 01, 2012
I hail all guys on dis thread .Anyway, in rsesponse to the guy who asked for a link or reference to confirm if the said incidence are true ; I am emphatically telling u that this is no fiction.Dis guys are overzealous and av completely gone astray from the said objective of the operation which was to curb the incessant activities of armed robbers in the state. Can u imagine a said case in which the officers of the team were busy beating up up some guys one with gallas haircut and the other one putting on earings while when they were still in this process they were informed of an armed robbery operation going on nearby , around iwo road in Ibadan .what did they do ?when they finished with the guys they simply drove in another direction. Up till this moment ajimobi has not said a thin about all these embarRrassments the innocent people of Oyo state ,and to make matters Worse they av not had a single collision or shoot-out with robbers (d real thing). Operation burst ,if can't help us carry your wahala go back to your barracks and piss off ; and Ajimobi, these boy u put on our streets, if u can't control them by stating clearly the objecive of the operAtion ( or are u the one that gave them the instruction to do these things trying to impose sharia laws on us),leave the opertion to the nigerian police and men of SARS . Otherwise I see it as you are worth being the governor of the state .

We want diversification and freedom of expression(obnjective of democracy) in our land.
Re: Oyo State Govt Set Up Operation Burst To Beat Up Indecently Dressed Civilians by Nobody: 4:32am On Jan 01, 2012
uhmmmm. . . . when do we draw the line between decent and indecent dressing?

Isnt the line a personal choice?

How can a grown azz papa be telling me that my g-string is showing through my see-through leggings/ panty hose? wetin your eyes get reach there?

Can we also set up an operation to beat up indecently staring civilians?  angry
Re: Oyo State Govt Set Up Operation Burst To Beat Up Indecently Dressed Civilians by manny4life(m): 5:05am On Jan 01, 2012
@OP, no comment.

Madam Ileke,

Hmm, you're online, as one of my friendly opponent ( grin grin grin ), let me wish you as well as others Happy New year.
Re: Oyo State Govt Set Up Operation Burst To Beat Up Indecently Dressed Civilians by Nobody: 5:06am On Jan 01, 2012
manny4life:

@OP, no comment.

Madam Ileke,

Hmm, you're online, as one of my friendly opponent ( grin grin grin ), let me wish you as well as others Happy New year.

Same to you o, my friendly opponent cheesy cheesy. And why arent you offline enjoying some nice rounded booty (azz, if you know what I mean).

Dont you live by times square or sth?
Re: Oyo State Govt Set Up Operation Burst To Beat Up Indecently Dressed Civilians by manny4life(m): 5:15am On Jan 01, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Same to you o, my friendly opponent  cheesy cheesy. And why arent you offline enjoying some nice rounded booty (azz, if you know what I mean).

Dont you live by times square or sth?

Look at you o, you think I don't know what booty is, LOL. I try to play innocent always don't mean I'm slow,  grin grin grin I have mandatory family night prayer @ my moms, so no booty for tonight. Live by Times Square? I'm not in the NY area, but DC area, anyway, we'll see what happens, enjoy your new year
Re: Oyo State Govt Set Up Operation Burst To Beat Up Indecently Dressed Civilians by Nobody: 5:22am On Jan 01, 2012
manny4life:

Look at you o, you think I don't know what booty is, LOL. I try to play innocent always don't mean I'm slow,  grin grin grin I have mandatory family night prayer @ my moms, so no booty for tonight. Live by Times Square? I'm not in the NY area, but DC area, anyway, we'll see what happens, enjoy your new year

So you do know what booty is.
Opee!!! So there is still hope cheesy
Enjoy and you have a marvelous New Year too.  cheesy cheesy

Somehow its hard to imagine you praying? Wow, the sky must be green on one side of the planet.
Re: Oyo State Govt Set Up Operation Burst To Beat Up Indecently Dressed Civilians by manny4life(m): 5:33am On Jan 01, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

So you do know what booty is.
Opee!!! So there is still hope cheesy
Enjoy and you have a marvelous New Year too.  cheesy cheesy

Somehow its hard to imagine you praying? Wow, the sky must be green on one side of the planet.

Chei, Ileke you insult me o, booty we all learned from middle school, don't try me o grin grin grin you have been warned.

BTW, hope for what?

Why must it be hard to imagine me pray? I pray without season, thanks to my no nonsense mother who reminds me as well as my sibling daily the importance of prayer. Anyway, sky is not turning green at least NOT today. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Oyo State Govt Set Up Operation Burst To Beat Up Indecently Dressed Civilians by Jakumo(m): 5:35am On Jan 01, 2012
Only a twisted, sexually depraved pervert would send soldiers to attack women because they are deemed to have dressed in a sexy manner.  If this report is to be taken at face value, a fundamentalist terror state is being created out of Nigeria, whose constitution refers to a SECULAR (non-religious) federation, and NOT a religious fiefdom, as is being established by that lunatic of a governor.

If ANY state governor seeks to use troops to violate the basic human rights of women by attacking them in the streets over imaginary crimes, the whole free world must be made aware of this gross violation, so that the architect of this outrage is clearly identified, and PREVENTED from travelling to the free democratic nations of the world, as a bare minimum penalty for that individuals power-drunk madness.

Amnesty International should be contacted with the details of this emergent Taliban-terror state being created, so the FORMAL complaints can be lodged with the Nigerian government, alerting the administration to the existence of a rogue element in power who seeks to debase Nigeria's reputation in the eyes of the international community, and earn the country the label of a pariah state that could start to be shunned by international investors.

Women and men should be FREE, in a free and democratic society, to dress as they please, provided that their reproductive organs are not exposed to the elements.   Anyone who pokes his filthy long nose beneath women's garments, under WHATEVER pretext, is a szex offender who, in a just world, should serve out a jail sentence in the company of big hairy men, for the crime committed.

Governor Knob-face, stop drooling and sniffing women's underwear like a rabid dog.   Get that long twitching nose out of there, and tackle the REAL problems of your people,  ranging from the growing terror threat, to rampant unemployment of young graduates in your state, you filthy, disgusting little sicko.
Re: Oyo State Govt Set Up Operation Burst To Beat Up Indecently Dressed Civilians by Nobody: 5:36am On Jan 01, 2012
@manny
^^^ By any chance, did a church door turn into a strip fire when you tried walked in? cheesy

Hope to get rid of the innocence ni o.
Re: Oyo State Govt Set Up Operation Burst To Beat Up Indecently Dressed Civilians by Nobody: 5:38am On Jan 01, 2012
Jakumo:

Only a twisted, sexually depraved pervert would send soldiers to attack women because they are deemed to have dressed in a sexy manner.  If this report is to be taken at face value, a fundamentalist terror state is being created out of Nigeria, whose constitution refers to a SECULAR (non-religious) federation, and NOT a religious fiefdom, as is being established by that lunatic of a governor.

If state governor who seeks to use troops to violate the basic human rights of women by attacking them in the streets over imaginary crimes, the whole free world must be made aware of this gross violation, so that the architect of this outrage is clearly identified, and PREVENTED from travelling to the free democratic nations of the world, as a bare minimum penalty for that individuals power-drunk madness.

Amnesty International should be contacted with the details of this emergent Taliban-terror state being created, so the FORMAL complaints can be lodged with the Nigerian government, alerting the administration to the existence of a rogue element in power who seeks to debase Nigeria's reputation in the eyes of the international community, and earn the country the label of a pariah state that could start to be shunned by international investors.

Women and men should be FREE, in a free and democratic society, to dress as they please, provided that their Cores are not exposed to the elements.   Anyone who pokes his filthy long nose beneath women's garments, under WHATEVER pretext, is a intimate offender who, in a just world, should serve out a jail sentence in the company of big hairy men, for the crime committed.

Governor Knob-face, stop drooling and sniffing women's underwear like a rabid dog.   Get that long twitching nose out of there, and tackle the REAL problems of your people,  ranging from the growing terror threat, to rampant unemployment of young graduates in your state, you filthy, disgusting little sicko.

You talk too much, Jakumo.

What is said in 1 line is remembered than what took 100 lines to discuss.

BTW, civilians are not only women, men are also civilians. i.e no "swaggin" or whaever the bleep they call it.

Dont go into the new year talking too much sha.
Re: Oyo State Govt Set Up Operation Burst To Beat Up Indecently Dressed Civilians by Jakumo(m): 5:40am On Jan 01, 2012
You do have the option to simply ignore my writing, Ileke Ide.

You have yourself a good one.
Re: Oyo State Govt Set Up Operation Burst To Beat Up Indecently Dressed Civilians by Nobody: 5:41am On Jan 01, 2012
Jakumo:

You do have the option to simply ignore my writing, Ileke Ide. 

You have yourself a good one.   

An epistle is kinda hard to ignore.

I hope you didnt feel insulted or anything. . . . not my intention at all.

Your one-liner are more funny, just saying. I was hoping you'd be your usual village clown today so that I can laugh my luscious azz out with you. But you came in as the boring professor.
Re: Oyo State Govt Set Up Operation Burst To Beat Up Indecently Dressed Civilians by Jakumo(m): 5:43am On Jan 01, 2012
No offense taken. I get ANGRY when chimpanzees in power attack women, and I do tend to elaborate when I am angry.
Re: Oyo State Govt Set Up Operation Burst To Beat Up Indecently Dressed Civilians by Nobody: 5:44am On Jan 01, 2012
Jakumo:

No offense taken. I get ANGRY when chimpanzees in power attack women, and I do tend to elaborate when I am angry.

Always a gentleman. Awww so sweet.

No problem.
Re: Oyo State Govt Set Up Operation Burst To Beat Up Indecently Dressed Civilians by manny4life(m): 6:07am On Jan 01, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

@manny
^^^ By any chance, did a church door turn into a strip fire when you tried walked in? cheesy

Hope to get rid of the innocence ni o.

What kind of question is that now? No the church door did not turn into fire, My acting innocence is my forte, I sure wish to continue it that way, lol grin grin grin
Re: Oyo State Govt Set Up Operation Burst To Beat Up Indecently Dressed Civilians by Nobody: 6:12am On Jan 01, 2012
You know, I find that I like your innocent. Keep acting. It makes life more spicy.
Re: Oyo State Govt Set Up Operation Burst To Beat Up Indecently Dressed Civilians by aagarba05(m): 11:48am On Jan 01, 2012
Well, as a point of correction to those who are yet to be able to differentiate between a multi-religious state and a secular state, or who mistake one for the other, the word 'secularism' is not applicable to Nigeria as a country. As to the issue of Unclothedness, half-unclothedness, pornographic articles of clothing, crazy styles or whatever, all in the name of so-called freedom, the major problem is that most of  us have been wining and dining with Satan for quite a long time and cannot even distinguish good from bad any longer. What a shame! Above all, whilst I will never support any individual, group or government beating, maltreating, harassing or terrorising 'innocent' people, I will be the last person to sympathise with the bastards, satanic forces and their allies that wittingly promote demonic standards to the detriment of our own outstanding moral and cultural values.
Re: Oyo State Govt Set Up Operation Burst To Beat Up Indecently Dressed Civilians by kunleben1: 9:57pm On Jan 04, 2012
aagarba05:

Well, as a point of correction to those who are yet to be able to differentiate between a multi-religious state and a secular state, or who mistake one for the other, the word 'secularism' is not applicable to Nigeria as a country. As to the issue of Unclothedness, half-unclothedness, pornographic articles of clothing, crazy styles or whatever, all in the name of so-called freedom, the major problem is that most of  us have been wining and dining with Satan for quite a long time and cannot even distinguish good from bad any longer. What a shame! Above all, whilst I will never support any individual, group or government beating, maltreating, harassing or terrorising 'innocent' people, I will be the last person to sympathise with the bastards, satanic forces and their allies that wittingly promote demonic standards to the detriment of our own outstanding moral and cultural values

mmm.interesting. but by what standard would u justify ur moral and cultural values as outstanding?
Re: Oyo State Govt Set Up Operation Burst To Beat Up Indecently Dressed Civilians by aagarba05(m): 9:20am On Jan 05, 2012
I think the word 'standard' is relative. So, if some people consider my use of the word 'outstanding' in that context offensive, let them replace it with the most appropriate word they know. We have but little of knowledge!
Re: Oyo State Govt Set Up Operation Burst To Beat Up Indecently Dressed Civilians by Buckie10: 1:17pm On Jan 05, 2012
aagarba05:

Well, as a point of correction to those who are yet to be able to differentiate between a multi-religious state and a secular state, or who mistake one for the other, the word 'secularism' is not applicable to Nigeria as a country. As to the issue of Unclothedness, half-unclothedness, pornographic articles of clothing, crazy styles or whatever, all in the name of so-called freedom, the major problem is that most of  us have been wining and dining with Satan for quite a long time and cannot even distinguish good from bad any longer. What a shame! Above all, whilst I will never support any individual, group or government beating, maltreating, harassing or terrorising 'innocent' people, I will be the last person to sympathise with the bastards, satanic forces and their allies that wittingly promote demonic standards to the detriment of our own outstanding moral and cultural values.

Mate the same way you have the freedom to your opinions about how to dress and the contents of what you read or view others have too! You contradict yourself so badly it is unbelievable, in one breath you don't support government beating and harassing it's citizens and in another you will be the last to sympathise with the ones that in your own words "promote demonic standards to the detriment of our own outstanding moral and cultural values" the same values that have our cultural leaders impoverishing their wards and please don't get me started on moral values!!! Freedom is what you have right now to post your comment , stop trying to dictate what others do with themselves.
Re: Oyo State Govt Set Up Operation Burst To Beat Up Indecently Dressed Civilians by montelik(m): 2:12pm On Jan 05, 2012
A law like this was passed in Lagos soon after Fashola was elected. NPF and govt used it to indiscriminately pack any one caught on foot and extort pple. It was so bad d police would even raid residential areas and pick up people who were dressed casually moving around their neighborhood. Eventually it was rescinded, but not until it had caused some serious trouble. I recall Fumni Iyanda stating how she had been detained for moving around in casual attire within a particular neighborhood, before she was later recognized.
Re: Oyo State Govt Set Up Operation Burst To Beat Up Indecently Dressed Civilians by Fluxmega: 3:09am On Jan 08, 2012
Freedom is very good and fundamental human right should not be abused. But freedom itself could be abused!
In this community-Nigeria as a whole, we need to check the rate at which our moral values are eroding. Everybody wants to be free to do whatever he/she likes. Bokoharam wants to be heard-wants education abolished and sheria implemented at the detriment of majority. Indecent dressing might not seem to be a serious crime, but it has a way it contributes to state of insecurity in our country. Our democracy should not turn to demonstration of craziness. E je ki onikaluku fi owo omo e bo aso.
Re: Oyo State Govt Set Up Operation Burst To Beat Up Indecently Dressed Civilians by kunleben1: 8:52pm On Jan 08, 2012
Fluxmega:

Freedom is very good and fundamental human right should not be abused. But freedom itself could be abused!
In this community-Nigeria as a whole, we need to check the rate at which our moral values are eroding. Everybody wants to be free to do whatever he/she likes. Bokoharam wants to be heard-wants education abolished and sheria implemented at the detriment of majority. Indecent dressing might not seem to be a serious crime, but it has a way it contributes to state of insecurity in our country. Our democracy should not turn to demonstration of craziness. E je ki onikaluku fi owo omo e bo aso.

and fundamental human right this and others quoted in red are opened for questions
e.g fundamental human right on the side of who now? operation burst or their victims?
insecurity?could u pls expantiate?
demonstration of craziness.i think it already is.lol grin grin grin
Re: Oyo State Govt Set Up Operation Burst To Beat Up Indecently Dressed Civilians by hiccotfannie: 12:23pm On Feb 14, 2013
AM[HICCOT AKINKUNMI]FROM GHANA,AM AN INDIGENOUS OF IBADAN:-To say fact',it's totally nonsense some of our people in nigeria are performing,especially our police,if they instruct them to do anything,they will do more than what they instruct them to do,but what i thought is that when you send someone message and he/she doesn't deliver it properly,the sender suppose to let him/her know that this is not what i send you,but when you silent,it means you satisfy for it,that is how i can describe "gov Abiola Ajimobi" for his silence about what is happening to some inhabitant of "oyo state",is it what is good to do to show 'human right','freedom' or to secure people is that,it's not right thing to do,if we are talking of freedom,dressing is not suppose to be something they will be making law for it to be beating somebody,because we are not using sharia law,moreover' i had not even come across it in quran or bible that they should beat anyone about wearing of cloth,you people didn't allow freedom to reign in nigeria at all,especially in "oyo state",i had great sadness experience in ibadan in 2009 which the incident can lead me to prison or death if i didn't calm as my heart control me that day,because am not someone anyone can just overcome or punish,but when the matter is involving inoculation,i surrender for them to do whatever they like,because i don't even have enough money that time to spend for police case,but i thank God that "honesty person is not die at the throne of wickedness people" what is painful for me is that much of you people are traveling out of the country,you see how free some of other country inhabitant are moving,but you people don't even want us to feel free at all,let's set white people country aside,as small as ghana we foreigner also enjoy freedom with them,to say fact" i use to tell them in ghana that if it's in nigeria we are walking on the road by 10 or 11pm what the person is not do they will say he/she did it when they drag you to police station including day,it's great shame for us in ghana when the people will has right to be calling us kill-kill people,they're proud of themselves that they have freedom in their country,but we there is no freedom everyday trouble,if not that i have family in nigeria,i will never branch to there,for the freedom am enjoy in ghana till yesterday i and one of our yoruba brother are outside till 2am no body stop us on the road,i plead to you people to free us to dress in any style we like,dressing not concern any atrocity in life,let's imagine of assassin',when they're going to do their job,they will neatly dress like banker,they will cut their hair to last low cut and wear suit,also those people whose show like priest in both muslim and christain,but what they're performing underground is brutal,so you famous and nobles inhabitant of nigeria especially lagos&ibadan should please help us plead to all our legislator to reduce their power of terrorizing people,because they are not the only people they born in the country,we also have family inside there and they want us to come and visit them,that law is not "right".

(1) (Reply)

House Of Assembly Member Kicked Out Of The House Floor For Indecent Dressing / Check Out (photo) Muhammadu Buhari And David Cameron In London / Original Map Of Africa In 1827 Before Europeans Arrived- Biafra In The Map

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.