Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,348 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Ewi of Ado-Ekiti Advocates Flogging, Arrest Of Indecently Dressed Youths - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ewi of Ado-Ekiti Advocates Flogging, Arrest Of Indecently Dressed Youths (13124 Views)

What Fayose Wore To Visit Ewi Of Ado-Ekiti (Photo) / Fayose Inspecting Gallery Project At Ewi Of Ado-Ekiti's Palace(pics) / Oyo State Govt Set Up Operation Burst To Beat Up Indecently Dressed Civilians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ewi of Ado-Ekiti Advocates Flogging, Arrest Of Indecently Dressed Youths by adamooye5(m): 6:24am On Nov 14, 2013
The wife of the Ekiti monarch called on women to monitor their children and ward’s dressing at home before they leave the house.
The wife of Ewi of Ado-Ekiti, Bosede Adejuyigbe, on Wednesday advocated a law to punish indecently dressed youths in Ekiti.
Mrs. Adejuyigbe, who made the call at a law week organised by female lawyers in the state, also stressed the need to establish a dress code which would be backed by legislation.
She said that the legislation would empower law enforcement agents to sanction anyone found guilty of indecent dressing.
“Any girl or lady dressed indecently should be flogged and arrested by the police, the Oba’s wife said.
She called on women to monitor their children and ward’s dressing at home before they leave the house.
In her contribution at the occasion, wife of the Oluyin of Iyin-Ekiti, Olori Josephine Ajakaye, encouraged ladies to be guided by the fear God in their dressing.
“The way women or ladies are dressed at any point in time, tends to influence the way people relate to them.”
“So, be guided by the fear of God in your dressing,’’ Mrs Ajakaye said.
http://premiumtimesng.com/regional/149535-obas-wife-advocates-flogging-arrest-indecently-dressed-youths.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=obas-wife-advocates-flogging-arrest-indecently-dressed-youths

2 Likes

Re: Ewi of Ado-Ekiti Advocates Flogging, Arrest Of Indecently Dressed Youths by Mynd44: 6:36am On Nov 14, 2013
That's her opinion, it does really count for anything as long as the law is concerned.

Perhaps predominantly Christian state will soon place a ban on the hijab or predominantly Muslim states will ban Christians nuns from dressing that way

3 Likes

Re: Ewi of Ado-Ekiti Advocates Flogging, Arrest Of Indecently Dressed Youths by possibilita(m): 6:42am On Nov 14, 2013
its a good ideal and also a bad ideal because not everybody can be guilded by fear of God in them since not everybody is a christian or moslem,and you will be obstructing our freedom to life so back of and let them learn life the way they want,decently or not because at one point they will learn to do things right either with regret of not.

2 Likes

Re: Ewi of Ado-Ekiti Advocates Flogging, Arrest Of Indecently Dressed Youths by adamooye5(m): 6:43am On Nov 14, 2013
On my openion I see sense In her advocacy,this is moral value the society has long lost.she's jst bieng a mother.

7 Likes

Re: Ewi of Ado-Ekiti Advocates Flogging, Arrest Of Indecently Dressed Youths by tmtech: 6:46am On Nov 14, 2013
These pple funny gan Õoº°Úº .....
Aw does d indecent dressing of our generation contribute to the decadence in the older generation.....she wan turn Nigeria police to school teachers wey go dey flog pple for indecent dressing.....she needs a copy of naija constitution....and let her start the floging wif her own children ....................morning guys.....

2 Likes

Re: Ewi of Ado-Ekiti Advocates Flogging, Arrest Of Indecently Dressed Youths by RoyalRoy(m): 6:53am On Nov 14, 2013
Put women in a position of authority and their first victims will be their fellow women.

So if she Is empowered her concerns will be the indiscriminate arrest, harass and flogging of young girls?

Let any indecently dressed lady face her own shame alone. What's the business of the public with that?

So much for gender equality and balance.

15 Likes

Re: Ewi of Ado-Ekiti Advocates Flogging, Arrest Of Indecently Dressed Youths by Garrithe1st: 7:14am On Nov 14, 2013
Her concern is valid but her recommendation has no place in a civilized or sane society...

10 Likes

Re: Ewi of Ado-Ekiti Advocates Flogging, Arrest Of Indecently Dressed Youths by Tolexander: 7:15am On Nov 14, 2013
These women sometimes do give me a kind of grinning face anytime i see them advocating for decent dressing. The reason is that most of them will surely dress indecent if they happen to be in this generation or they wanna tell us they didn't participate in the fashions of their generation!

Anyway, the woman is right!

5 Likes

Re: Ewi of Ado-Ekiti Advocates Flogging, Arrest Of Indecently Dressed Youths by fingard02k(m): 7:23am On Nov 14, 2013
i'm against this idea..
We are no longer in 14 century

2 Likes

Re: Ewi of Ado-Ekiti Advocates Flogging, Arrest Of Indecently Dressed Youths by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 14, 2013
The Obas that can not even put their homes in order. You think Obas are respected in Ekiti? Come and see for yourselves. Bunch of fools parading themselves around taking money from politicians.

1 Like

Re: Ewi of Ado-Ekiti Advocates Flogging, Arrest Of Indecently Dressed Youths by wirinet(m): 7:37am On Nov 14, 2013
Is indecency dressing the greatest problem confronting us as a nation? I would have thought the Oba's wife would advocate for flogging and jailing of women who indecently steal our collective resources.

5 Likes

Re: Ewi of Ado-Ekiti Advocates Flogging, Arrest Of Indecently Dressed Youths by Dannylux: 7:47am On Nov 14, 2013
Mtcheww
Re: Ewi of Ado-Ekiti Advocates Flogging, Arrest Of Indecently Dressed Youths by adepink(f): 8:55am On Nov 14, 2013
I smell jealousy here. Oba's eyes no gree rest. Yeye

10 Likes

Re: Ewi of Ado-Ekiti Advocates Flogging, Arrest Of Indecently Dressed Youths by Nobody: 8:58am On Nov 14, 2013
And out of the million problems nigeria has they still somehow have time to focus on indecency?.

1 Like

Re: Ewi of Ado-Ekiti Advocates Flogging, Arrest Of Indecently Dressed Youths by ifyalways(f): 9:01am On Nov 14, 2013
Flogging ke ? That's far fetched.

1 Like

Re: Ewi of Ado-Ekiti Advocates Flogging, Arrest Of Indecently Dressed Youths by KraticKratus: 9:03am On Nov 14, 2013
Time to join the police.
Need to flog me some ripe azz.

2 Likes

Re: Ewi of Ado-Ekiti Advocates Flogging, Arrest Of Indecently Dressed Youths by KraticKratus: 9:06am On Nov 14, 2013
adepink: I smell jealousy here. Oba's eyes no gree rest. Yeye

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ewi of Ado-Ekiti Advocates Flogging, Arrest Of Indecently Dressed Youths by RoyalRoy(m): 9:11am On Nov 14, 2013
KraticKratus: Time to join the police.
Need to flog me some ripe azz.

grin grin grin

crazy dude

1 Like

Re: Ewi of Ado-Ekiti Advocates Flogging, Arrest Of Indecently Dressed Youths by Idokosolomon(m): 9:23am On Nov 14, 2013
I love her speech nd let me make it clear to every body in Nigeria dat nothing good wil be achieve here wit out the use of force.Law should be made against dressing code because majorites of Nigeria citizens are just out face christains but inside devil incanat to be sincere nd dat is why force should be use.

1 Like

Re: Ewi of Ado-Ekiti Advocates Flogging, Arrest Of Indecently Dressed Youths by AdekunleSegun(m): 9:36am On Nov 14, 2013
goood.

tm-tech:
Aw does d indecent dressing of our generation contribute to the decadence in the older generation.....she wan turn Nigeria police to school teachers wey go dey flog pple for indecent dressing.....she needs a copy of naija constitution....and let her start the floging wif her own children ....................morning guys.....
go to bed please

Royal Roy: Put women in a position of authority and their first victims will be their fellow women.

So if she Is empowered her concerns will be the indiscriminate arrest, harass and flogging of young girls?

Let any indecently dressed lady face her own shame alone. What's the business of the public with that?

So much for gender equality and balance.
The business with the public is that the immoral ones made it public. you can go naked in your room but not public. mtcheeeeeeeeeeew

possibilita: its a good ideal and also a bad ideal because not everybody can be guilded by fear of God in them since not everybody is a christian or moslem,and you will be obstructing our freedom to life so back of and let them learn life the way they want,decently or not because at one point they will learn to do things right either with regret of not.
You mean learn life by influencing the naive ones? what is the use of wearing cloths? please remain naked in your rooms and not public. why are some PARTS of the body called PRIVATE? please be critical in your reasoning.

Lil'Barbie Boo:
OGA keep quiet
Madam sorry it is against your business...look for a more moral business. sorry ehh, i feel your pain cry i just viewed your profile, with your details, replies to posts, the kind of posts you have replied, i think i know why you are nairaland. i wont say that for now. you are under watch. i just pity you.

4 Likes

Re: Ewi of Ado-Ekiti Advocates Flogging, Arrest Of Indecently Dressed Youths by Nobody: 9:36am On Nov 14, 2013
Misleading title. So the Oba and his wife are one and the same? And someone put this on the FP!

1 Like

Re: Ewi of Ado-Ekiti Advocates Flogging, Arrest Of Indecently Dressed Youths by Jelo4kul(m): 9:38am On Nov 14, 2013
Make i see anybody wey go near me,talk more of flogging.Oya Johnny bring my Juju here.(Squats on the floor,chanting incantations.){floggers see him and run for thier lives}. #laughs.

1 Like

Re: Ewi of Ado-Ekiti Advocates Flogging, Arrest Of Indecently Dressed Youths by MrAboki: 9:39am On Nov 14, 2013
Real Ewu of Ekiti..

Advocating a dress code for society is outrightly ridiculous and opens up women to abuse. If were not an Ewu, she would have reasoned better.

What constitutes indecent dressing?!

A woman in tight-fitted clothes that cover up all her body (but reveals all her contours), can she be said to be indecently dressed?!

This Ewu of Ekiti should go stuff a Diiick in her mouth if she has nothing to say.. angry

Next thing now they would start demanding people start wearing uniforms..

5 Likes

Re: Ewi of Ado-Ekiti Advocates Flogging, Arrest Of Indecently Dressed Youths by buoye1(m): 9:39am On Nov 14, 2013
For Im small mind ll dt hppn...Smello

1 Like

Re: Ewi of Ado-Ekiti Advocates Flogging, Arrest Of Indecently Dressed Youths by Nobody: 9:40am On Nov 14, 2013
Good luck in defining what constitutes 'Decent Dressing' in a court of law

1 Like

Re: Ewi of Ado-Ekiti Advocates Flogging, Arrest Of Indecently Dressed Youths by Afritop(m): 9:41am On Nov 14, 2013
Those sagging their trousers and exposing tatoos in delicate body areas should also be flogged

1 Like

Re: Ewi of Ado-Ekiti Advocates Flogging, Arrest Of Indecently Dressed Youths by Shollyps(m): 9:42am On Nov 14, 2013
ABEG WHO GT NOKIA PIN MOUTH CHARGER...DEY DN ON GENERATOR 4 MY AREA.MAKE I CHARGE MY BA3

2 Likes

Re: Ewi of Ado-Ekiti Advocates Flogging, Arrest Of Indecently Dressed Youths by OgaTheTop2: 9:43am On Nov 14, 2013
Ewi!!! grin

Wong Pronounciation

Operator: "Information. Can I help you?"

Me: "I'd like the number of the Theater Guild, please."

Operator: "One moment, please." Pause. "I'm sorry sir, I have no listing for a Theodore Guild."

Me: "No, no. It isn't a person. It's an organization. It's Theater Guild."

Operator: "I told you, sir. I have no listing for a Theodore Guild."

Me: "Not 'Theodore'! 'Theater'! The word is 'theater'. T-H-E-A-T-E-R!"

Operator: "That, sir, is NOT the way you spell Theodore."

angry

3 Likes

Re: Ewi of Ado-Ekiti Advocates Flogging, Arrest Of Indecently Dressed Youths by taif(f): 9:45am On Nov 14, 2013
dis happen in ijebu ode some tines ago when police beat ladies for indecent dresing

1 Like

Re: Ewi of Ado-Ekiti Advocates Flogging, Arrest Of Indecently Dressed Youths by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 14, 2013
Mr Aboki: Real Ewu of Ekiti..

Advocating a dress code for society is outrightly ridiculous and opens up women to abuse. If were not an Ewu, she would have reasoned better.

What constitutes indecent dressing?!

A woman in tight-fitted clothes that cover up all her body (but reveals all her contours), can she be said to be indecently dressed?!

This Ewu of Ekiti should go stuff a Diiick in her mouth if she has nothing to say.. angry

Next thing now they would start demanding people start wearing uniforms..

Spoken like a true goat. Is her comment more ridiculous than your vacuous rants above?

8 Likes

Re: Ewi of Ado-Ekiti Advocates Flogging, Arrest Of Indecently Dressed Youths by nairaarea: 9:50am On Nov 14, 2013
OK
Re: Ewi of Ado-Ekiti Advocates Flogging, Arrest Of Indecently Dressed Youths by Tonniey(m): 9:51am On Nov 14, 2013
tm-tech:
Do you have to bring her children into dis matter. Do u knw d ages of her children?
You must be a product of bad parenting because if not, u won't come here and disrespect a woman who can mother u. Mugu of a being!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Military: Some Officers Selling Weapons To Boko Haram - AP / Lagos To Join Odu’a Group Of Companies / We Are Not Igbo– Dr Ojieh, National President Izu Anioma.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.