Stats: 3,155,269 members, 7,826,034 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Africans Banned From Australia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Africans Banned From Australia (2003 Views)

PDP Members Facing Corruption Charges Banned From Contesting / Deji Adeyanju Banned From Seeing Metuh In Prison / APC Wants Obanikoro Banned From Public Office, Adesiyan Sacked As Minister (2) (3) (4)

Africans Banned From Australia by T2(m): 7:22pm On Oct 04, 2007
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7025386.stm

African refugees have been banned from Australia for " having problems integrating into Australian communities"
==================================================================================

A freeze on the settlement of refugees from Africa - including those from Sudan's Darfur region - has been announced by the Australian government.

Immigration Minister Kevin Andrews said the refugees had trouble integrating, and other parts of the world such as Iraq and Burma were greater priorities.

The freeze will last until mid-2008, and there are no guarantees that Africans will be admitted after then.

Critics say it is a pre-election pitch to immigration-wary voters.

Mr Andrews said refugees from Sudan and conflict-torn Darfur were having problems integrating into Australian communities, and that trouble spots closer to home should take priority.

To that end, Africans are being replaced in the humanitarian refugee programme by people fleeing Iraq and Burma.

'Xenophobic' jibe

Australia has accepted or is processing about 3,900 Africans this year - 30% of its total refugee intake.

Just two years ago they made up 70% of the total.

Critics have accused the government of a pre-election move to appeal to xenophobic voters, and they have also said it is absolutely wrong to argue that Africans are failing to integrate.

One community leader said they were making an immense contribution to the economy by taking jobs which many Australians simply did not want to do.

Certainly, there is a nativistic streak in parts of the Australian electorate.

In previous campaigns the Prime Minister John Howard government has benefited from concerns over immigration - especially in regional seats.

Only last year the town of Tamworth in New South Wales voted against hosting a trial refugee resettlement programme after the Sudanese were branded as criminals by the local mayor.

So fierce was the condemnation that the council was forced to reverse that decision.
Re: Africans Banned From Australia by almondjoy(f): 7:24pm On Oct 04, 2007
Good!  It is about time Africans quit playing the handicap and take care of their own affairs instead of waiting for "hand outs" or "hand downs" for the most part.  Thank you for the news. wink I personally look forward to more 'freezes" around the world.
Re: Africans Banned From Australia by denex: 8:51pm On Oct 04, 2007
I think I have no problem with this. Just yesterday, Switzerland broke new ground in its "black sheep" programme as government has now approved the use of dogs for the hunting down and capture of illegal immigrants.

The Swiss government denies that this programme is targeted at Africans, but the name of the programe, "BLACK SHEEP" speaks for itself.

The programme also enables the deportation of legal immigrants for misdemeanor issues such as disobeying traffic laws and accruing parking tickets.

This is a good thing because when I say that after the crackdown on Arabs, they are coming for Africans, people refuse to believe. When I keep preaching to Nigerians to "stay in their yard" they won't hear.
Re: Africans Banned From Australia by almondjoy(f): 1:17am On Oct 05, 2007
denex:

I think I have no problem with this. Just yesterday, Switzerland broke new ground in its "black sheep" programme as government has now approved the use of dogs for the hunting down and capture of illegal immigrants.

The Swiss government denies that this programme is targeted at Africans, but the name of the programe, "BLACK SHEEP" speaks for itself.

The programme also enables the deportation of legal immigrants for misdemeanor issues such as disobeying traffic laws and accruing parking tickets.

This is a good thing because when I say that after the crackdown on Arabs, they are coming for Africans, people refuse to believe. When I keep preaching to Nigerians to "stay in their yard" they won't hear.

Yeah! "Stomp the Yard"---to join MEND, MASSOB and so on and so forth. I actually agreed with you till I got to the last paragraph! You almost got me there. Nice try denex--Nice try! sad
Re: Africans Banned From Australia by Nobody: 2:43am On Oct 05, 2007
Another sweet wind of change blowing from Australia.
Re: Africans Banned From Australia by denex: 3:06am On Oct 05, 2007
@almondjoy

I'm very serious. They also approved the use of tazer guns, which are liable to cause death through high voltage discharge to the heart. Every tool is being put in place to hunt down Africans outside the continent and ship them back to the continent dead or alive.
Re: Africans Banned From Australia by ono(m): 7:27am On Oct 05, 2007
I think almondjoy might be chxta or any other guy banned by Seun, in disguise. Has anyone noticed how he carries himself around here? Like he's been here all along?
Re: Africans Banned From Australia by texazzpete(m): 8:05am On Oct 05, 2007
ono:

I think almondjoy might be chxta or any other guy banned by Seun, in disguise. Has anyone noticed how he carries himself around here? Like he's been here all along?
Chxta 's ban elapsed years ago. He has chosen to stay away from nairaland for his own personal convictions. He's not going to be back anytime soon in ANY guise, so just can it, ok?

denex:

@almondjoy

I'm very serious. They also approved the use of tazer guns, which are liable to cause death through high voltage discharge to the heart. Every tool is being put in place to hunt down Africans outside the continent and ship them back to the continent dead or alive.

Deaths from tasers are extremely rare, and usually happen in pretty sick people. Tasers are extensively used in the US, and while it may not have a 100% perfect track record, they almost always are safe. At least it's better'n shooting people.

I have no business with whatever measures are used to curtail illegal immigrants> Travel out of the country to Europe and listen to a legal Nigerian reseident tell you all about the crimes perpetrated by illegal african immigrants.

Preachign 'stay in your yard' is not smart, considering the fact that many many Nigerians are out there schooling and working in foreign countries. Shebi we said we wanted to start using Nuclear power by 2020? Where are our graduates gonna learn Nuclear physics or Rocketry? In Unilag?
Re: Africans Banned From Australia by Kobojunkie: 12:05am On Oct 06, 2007
WhAT THE HECK IS THIS WIND OF CHANGE PEOPLE keep talking about ?? These things have been happening for decades now, and it is suddenly WIND OF CHANGE wink angry cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Africans Banned From Australia by Nobody: 12:19am On Oct 06, 2007
Kobojunkie:

WhAT THE HECK IS THIS WIND OF CHANGE PEOPLE keep talking about ?? These things have been happening for decades now, and it is suddenly WIND OF CHANGE wink angry cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

allow me to celebrate the sweet wind of change blowing in my country jare grin grin
Re: Africans Banned From Australia by almondjoy(f): 1:57am On Oct 06, 2007
ono:

Hmm! undecided Are new Nairalanders often lost in the "political" section? Of course I have been here all along--but off line mostly. I was busy at another website till I found this one more interesting. chxta? tongue Hmmmmmm! I know that character too! I have followed all your posts for a while and some are new while some are very old members! wink

texazzpete:

Chxta 's ban elapsed years ago. He has chosen to stay away from nairaland for his own personal convictions. He's not going to be back anytime soon in ANY guise, so just can it, ok?

Hmmmmmmmm! undecided

Kobojunkie:

Dear Kobojunkie---this "sweet wind" joke is as old as Nairaland. It all began soon after the elections in Nigeria when Nairalanders and Nigerians in general expected that with the exit OBJ, things were going to change for the better.

Well my dear brother--the story started with with one very nice lady called "Aisha2". If you look at the 1st thread in the political section, the story tells how people reacted to the expectations of this "sweet wind". Now go read the thread, for it is always #1 and never goes away. Enjoy! wink

davidylan:

allow me to celebrate the sweet wind of change blowing in my country jare grin grin

As you can see, it is still a very funny joke to many Nairalanders--especially the old ones like davidylan. wink

denex:

@almondjoy

My past experiences with reading your post have made a fool of me time after time. So I will reserve my comments when I think I know where you are coming from. undecided I never know if you are serious or joking. I will just watch for now.
Re: Africans Banned From Australia by ow11(m): 11:21am On Oct 06, 2007
The Australians are crazy when their fathers came and forcefully dragged our best to become farmers they were happy. now that we want to go willingly they are afraid.

they came took the people that would have shaped this continent and turned them into robots and left the weak ones behind to suffer.now they don't want us. they have to suffer and pay for the sins of their fathers. We must enjoy the sweat of our great uncles and aunties.

Besides are the white australians not criminal immigrants?
Re: Africans Banned From Australia by Kobojunkie: 1:12pm On Oct 06, 2007
I am not sure what there history has to do with anything. Fact remains criminals or not, they are doing better than we are in our own homeland and so far, they have risen to the level ( these criminals you speak of) to tell us to get the heck away from them. I do not think we should even spend time on them but more on us and how shameful it is in this case that we are being pushed away by those "former CRIMINALS" grin cheesy grin grin cheesy

LOL

NIGERIA , WE HAIL THERE cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Africans Banned From Australia by ow11(m): 1:18pm On Oct 08, 2007
they are in commonwealth! when the wealth was slaves it was common now it is technical they are bringing border control NONsense!

Coming Soon - To An Lga Near You (kogi Lg Chairmen Kidnapped For Ransome) / Umar Farouk Abdulmuttalab Faces $250,000 Fine And 20 Years For His Attempt / Assault Nigeria - Navy Appeals Judgment On Uzoma Okere