Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

31st Night, Thank God,No Bombing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 31st Night, Thank God,No Bombing (2224 Views)

Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? / Pastor Chris speaks on the lies agaist him at 31st Night Service- a Testimony / Excerpts From The 31st Night Service With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

31st Night, Thank God,No Bombing by Joagbaje(m): 8:14am On Jan 01, 2012
I believe,due to intercession,prayer and fastings of many saints. 31st night went successfully in many churches without disturbance even in the north . Glory to God!

We must continuously pray for security in our enviroment. Security forces can't do it successfully without the church,

Psalms 127:1
Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it:

except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain

1 Timothy 2:1-3
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; 2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. 3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour
;

Psalms 122:6
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem:they shall prosper that love thee.

Jeremiah 29:7
7 And seek the peace of the city whither I have caused you to be carried away captives, and pray unto the Lord for it: for in the peace thereof shall ye have peace.

[size=14pt]HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL[/size]
Re: 31st Night, Thank God,No Bombing by DeepSight(m): 8:41am On Jan 01, 2012
hppy nw yr, pastor joe. We thnk God indeed. But be prepared o, i can see some saintly lots charging in here shortly to denounce ur op as another tithe bearing scheme. Lolzz.

Hap ne year!
Re: 31st Night, Thank God,No Bombing by Joagbaje(m): 8:47am On Jan 01, 2012
Man of Honour , happy new year
Re: 31st Night, Thank God,No Bombing by Atheists: 9:40am On Jan 01, 2012
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/12/31/us-nigeria-clashes-idUSTRE7BU0H020111231

East Nigeria clashes kill at least 50: state government

Isn't God great ?
Re: 31st Night, Thank God,No Bombing by MyJoe: 10:27am On Jan 01, 2012
Em, a Dec 31 bombing is only as bad as any day bombing - well, for those of us who don't set too much store by days or moons. Please tell those saints to CONTINUE the good work.
Re: 31st Night, Thank God,No Bombing by Revolva(m): 10:44am On Jan 01, 2012
grin grin BOOOOMB BLAST RIGHT NOW, HAHAHAHA AT IKEJA AIRPORT HAHAHA
Re: 31st Night, Thank God,No Bombing by EvilBrain1(m): 11:00am On Jan 01, 2012
Joagbaje:

Probably due to intercession,prayer and fastings of many saints. 31st night went successfully in many churches without disturbance even in the north . Glory to God!

How do you know that it wasn't the intervention of Juju priests that prevented the bombings? Or more likely, that Boko Haram couldn't organize the resources to pull off another major bombing so soon after christmas? You christians need to learn to apply some reason to your posts. Being born again doesn't mean you have to say ret@rded things.

Also, as someone above already pointed out, a bombing today is no worse than a bombing on any other day. And Boko Haram still have 13 hours left.
Re: 31st Night, Thank God,No Bombing by claremont(m): 11:22am On Jan 01, 2012
We also "thank god" for all the bombing that occurred prior the 31st night, your blood-thirsty god seems to pick and choose who/who not to kill at his pleasure!

Re: 31st Night, Thank God,No Bombing by DeepSight(m): 11:36am On Jan 01, 2012
Evil Brain:

And Boko Haram still have 13 hours left.

Hmmmmmmm! God forbid sha.
Re: 31st Night, Thank God,No Bombing by DeepSight(m): 11:50am On Jan 01, 2012
MyJoe:

Em, a Dec 31 bombing is only as bad as any day bombing - well, for those of us who don't set too much store by days or moons.

Evil Brain:

Also, as someone above already pointed out, a bombing today is no worse than a bombing on any other day.

Permit me to slightly disagree. This is like saying that the assasination of the Austrian Arch-Duke in 1914 was no worse than any other assasination. In human terms of the value of every life, you are of course correct.

But methinks it is sensible to also note that the significance attached to certain crimes hold the potential to vastly escalate the import of the said crimes.

As it happens, the assaination of the Austrian Arch-Duke was the trigger for a nervous Europe to launch into the first world war - which led to millions of deaths - and it can also be said that the result of that war also set the scene for the second world war - many more millions of deaths.

In my view, a blast that occurs against churches, on eminently religious days such as xmas - or during a cross-over night church service, holds a greater potential to ignite ethno-religious tension of a kind that could trigger a wider crisis - even civil war - than a blast against a secular or less sensitive target For this reason I think that given the peculiar alignment of our polity, blasts against certain targets and on certain days could[i] indeed[/i] be significantly more critical for our collective future.

Neverthelss, you are of course right that each and every blast on any given day is indeed deplorable. Personally I feel slightly releived because i sincerely expected to wake up to more bad news of cross-over night blasts.
Re: 31st Night, Thank God,No Bombing by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jan 01, 2012
Deep Sight:

hppy nw yr, pastor joe. We thnk God indeed. But be prepared o, i can see some saintly lots charging in here shortly to denounce your op as another tithe bearing scheme. Lolzz.
Hap ne year!
Deep Sight:

Hmmmmmmm! God forbid sha.

Are you thanking Joagbaje's God or the Oneness? Which god should "forbid"?
Re: 31st Night, Thank God,No Bombing by DeepSight(m): 1:23pm On Jan 01, 2012
^ God is God.

Happy new year, Martian.

(o, sorry, it's prolly not new year on mars now)
Re: 31st Night, Thank God,No Bombing by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 01, 2012
Deep Sight:

^ God is God. Happy new year, Martian.
(o, sorry, it's prolly not new year on mars now)

It seems the bombs have caused you to change your attitude. "God is God".Got it. smiley
Re: 31st Night, Thank God,No Bombing by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jan 01, 2012
^^^

Happy new Year Troll grin grin grin
Re: 31st Night, Thank God,No Bombing by Azibalua(f): 2:57pm On Jan 01, 2012
God be praised
Re: 31st Night, Thank God,No Bombing by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jan 01, 2012
frosbel:

^^^
Happy new Year Troll grin grin grin

In internet parlance a troll is, "One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message
board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument
."

Exhibit A
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-836340.0.html
Violence Against Shia Not My Problem: Djoko
You started this topic as if anybody on Nairaland knows who Djoko Sunyato is or care about his views about Shia muslims.
You act like you give a damn about the plight of some muslims in Indonesia. Hypocrite.

Exhibit B
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-836051.0.html
Afghan Child-bride Sahar Gul Tortured Mercilessly By Husband And In Laws Shocker
As if it's news that some arab muslims like to molest little girls and view women as property. You posted this to antagonize the muslims.

Exhibit C
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-699800.0.html
The Evil "theologian", John Calvin
The calvinists are evil.
The lutherans are demons.
The catholic church is the "great LovePeddler".
Baptists are mermaid spirit worshippers.
Atheists worship Darwin
Muslims are trying to take over the world!
Everyone is wrong except the id!ots who share my interpretation of the jewish c.ock and bull story.

You're the troll of nairaland and you're not even clever at it. Tard.

When I say you're a piece of sh#t, I mean you're a piece of sh#t. There's no trolling involved when I say you are not worth a bucket of warm piss. smiley
But when I troll, I troll trolls like Frosbel!
Re: 31st Night, Thank God,No Bombing by thehomer: 5:42pm On Jan 01, 2012
Joagbaje:

Probably due to intercession,prayer and fastings of many saints. 31st night went successfully in many churches without disturbance even in the north . Glory to God!

We must continuously pray for security in our enviroment. Security forces can't do it successfully without the church,

Psalms 127:1
Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it:

except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain

1 Timothy 2:1-3
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; 2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. 3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour
;

Psalms 122:6
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem:they shall prosper that love thee.

Jeremiah 29:7
7 And seek the peace of the city whither I have caused you to be carried away captives, and pray unto the Lord for it: for in the peace thereof shall ye have peace.

[size=14pt]HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL[/size]

Thank God? Why don't you thank the Nigerian security establishment? Or thank Boko Haram for limiting their attacks to religious celebrations? I also wonder if you blamed God for the previous bombings or did you blame his pastors for not having visions to help prevent the attacks.
Re: 31st Night, Thank God,No Bombing by plaetton: 5:43pm On Jan 01, 2012
Religion! What a madness.
While hordes of dememted and blood thirsty men of Boko Haram eanestly plot mass murder in the name of GOD, the christians now have another prayer point, another reason to pray harder for GOD to save from Boko Haram, another reason to THANK GOD each day that a bomb does not go off in a church.
OMG. We should be cursing those who brought these middle eastern lunatic religions to our shores.
Re: 31st Night, Thank God,No Bombing by DeepSight(m): 10:13pm On Jan 01, 2012
^ U gat a Point there.
Re: 31st Night, Thank God,No Bombing by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jan 01, 2012
Martian:

In internet parlance a troll is, "One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message
board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument
."

Exhibit A
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-836340.0.html
Violence Against Shia Not My Problem: Djoko
You started this topic as if anybody on Nairaland knows who Djoko Sunyato is or care about his views about Shia muslims.
You act like you give a damn about the plight of some muslims in Indonesia. Hypocrite.

Exhibit B
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-836051.0.html
Afghan Child-bride Sahar Gul Tortured Mercilessly By Husband And In Laws Shocker
As if it's news that some arab muslims like to molest little girls and view women as property. You posted this to antagonize the muslims.

Exhibit C
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-699800.0.html
The Evil "theologian", John Calvin
The calvinists are evil.
The lutherans are demons.
The catholic church is the "great LovePeddler".
Baptists are mermaid spirit worshippers.
Atheists worship Darwin
Muslims are trying to take over the world!
Everyone is wrong except the id!ots who share my interpretation of the jewish c.ock and bull story.

You're the troll of nairaland and you're not even clever at it. Tard.

When I say you're a piece of sh#t, I mean you're a piece of sh#t. There's no trolling involved when I say you are not worth a bucket of warm piss. smiley
But when I troll, I troll trolls like Frosbel!

Your level of profanity and choice of words , says a lot about your character.

Wow, such expletive remarks undecided

I dare not reply !!

Keep trolling and enjoy !
Re: 31st Night, Thank God,No Bombing by LagosShia: 10:45pm On Jan 01, 2012
frosbel:

Your level of profanity and choice of words , says a lot about your character.

Wow, such expletive remarks undecided

I dare not reply !!

Keep trolling and enjoy !

"frosbel"

you are the guilty party here as the evidence presented shows!!!
Re: 31st Night, Thank God,No Bombing by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 01, 2012
^^^^

Thank God, your brothers did not throw bombs around on New Years day.

Kindly send our appreciation to them.
Re: 31st Night, Thank God,No Bombing by LagosShia: 10:54pm On Jan 01, 2012
frosbel:

^^^^

Thank God, your brothers did not throw bombs around on New Years day.

Kindly send our appreciation to them.

you and them are birds of the same feather.they are not my brothers.
Re: 31st Night, Thank God,No Bombing by Nobody: 4:54am On Jan 02, 2012
Thank God? What God?

The one that watched while his pple were killed on his son's birthday? Or were they thanksgiving sacrifices?

NIGERIANS, PLEASE GET A BRAIN, PLEASE!!!!!

Having faith in God doesnt mean remaining foolish. Wth r we to thank God for?

Fear rules. It's so evident in our prayer points. THANK GOD for enlightenment from our atheist brothers on this forum. Else there would be a lot more bigots and church dummies on NL,
Re: 31st Night, Thank God,No Bombing by tpia5: 5:03am On Jan 02, 2012
Lets pray to God to remove whatever reasons people are using to justify the bombings.

Its not supposed to be a way of life.

Whatever misery and miserableness that's providing fuel for some to let out via bombings, i pray for God to remove such in Jesus name.
Re: 31st Night, Thank God,No Bombing by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 02, 2012
For real are you guys serious? No one is even condemning the op for this placid post. You thank God they didnt bomb, so did you thank God when they bombed? Pastor thanking Almighty God they didnt bomb again. such an irony
Re: 31st Night, Thank God,No Bombing by thehomer: 9:23pm On Jan 02, 2012
tpia@:

Lets pray to God to remove whatever reasons people are using to justify the bombings.

Its not supposed to be a way of life.

Whatever misery and miserableness that's providing fuel for some to let out via bombings, i pray for God to remove such in Jesus name.

They're using their religion to justify the bombings. Do you want God to delete himself? Or you want him to personally destroy rival religions?
Re: 31st Night, Thank God,No Bombing by plappville(f): 9:27am On Jan 03, 2012
@topic, They did not do wonders in Nigeria on this date, but in other part of the world they did bomb on this date. They just can't stop killing.

The first Islamic terror attack of 2012 took place a few minutes 
after midnight, when fundamentalists threw a grenade into a
New Year's Eve party in Kenya.  Last year, more than 9,000
people were killed in the name of Allah in at least 57 countries

Islam's Latest Contributions to Peace
"Mohammed is God's apostle.  Those who follow him are ruthless
to the unbelievers but merciful to one another"  Quran 48:29

2012.01.01 (Dadaab, Kenya) - A refugee camp leader is shot to death by al-Qaeda-linked terrorists.
2012.01.01 (Bajaur, Pakistan) - Islamic bombers take out a 7-year-old boy.
2012.01.01 (Garissa, Kenya) - At least five are killed when fundamentalists throw a grenade onto the dance floor of a bar serving alcohol, then shoot those trying to flee.
2011.12.31 (Diyala, Iraq) - Five Iraqis are murdered in cold blood by al-Qaeda gunmen.
2011.12.31 (Karachi, Pakistan) - A Shia leader is gunned down by Religion of Peace rivals.
2011.12.31 (Khugakhel, Pakistan) - Two children bleed to death following a bomb blast outside the home of a tribal elder.

http://thereligionofpeace.com/

Re: 31st Night, Thank God,No Bombing by manmustwac(m): 1:49pm On Jan 03, 2012
@post
You shouldn't be thanking god that boko haram did not do any suicide mission that day. You should be thanking boko haram for taking the day off.
Re: 31st Night, Thank God,No Bombing by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 04, 2012
this thread speaks volumes of the kind of shady characters we have here.
Re: 31st Night, Thank God,No Bombing by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jan 04, 2012
lmao,
Re: 31st Night, Thank God,No Bombing by chrisj2000(m): 6:56am On Jan 09, 2012
sit back and watch the beauty of the universe

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Question For The Christians / Whats Your Excuse For Not Serving God? / Abuja Special Holy Ghost Congress Live On AIT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.