Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,740 members, 7,831,362 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed - Politics (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed (45543 Views)

Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 / Breaking News!!!!!!! : Fuel To Sell At N57/litre ? / Fuel Subsidy Removed - Full Transcript Of Press Release From The Pppra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by charlsecy4(m): 5:56am On Jan 02, 2012
With the unpopular removal of fuel subsidy and consequent increase in pump price from N65 to N141; it follows that a N50 worth of transport ticket would now cost around N110.
Let us fight this!
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by lastpage: 6:02am On Jan 02, 2012
This country has no future at all!
Even amongst those whom you think are educated, the kind of argument they put forward is astonishing, o put it civilly!!

For example, each time someone pointed it out that GEJ should have repaired the refineries first and then ensure that Electricity is stable (after which he can remove fuel subsidy and the effect would be minimal on the common man, as being done by sensible leaders in other places) the "counter argument you get" is to point fingers at Governors and Local government Chairmen and rant about their level of corruption?

How does that account for this wicked-foolishness by President GEJ, for Gawd sake?

Na-waaa for Nigerian educational system O! shocked shocked shocked

Anyway, if Nigerians dont flood the street in their millions, in every corner of this country by 2nd of January, then l will agree that they are the HAPPIEST PEOPLE ON EARTH and they deserve whatever "death-pill" GEJ and his bunch of looters force down their throat.

Up till this moment, Syrian are still on the streets, six months after, demanding for their rights!
No Give-Up, No Surrender.

Are Nigerians capable or they are just a bunch of cowards and selfish noise-makers?
Lets see.

Lastpage

BTW: Lets use "communication technologies" (Tweets, FaceBook, E-mail, Text Messaging, Instant Messaging, Phone Calls, e.t.c) to rally protesters.
        Lets not wait for any "Union Leader", they have all taken Bribes behind our back (remember Oshiomle and Reuben Abati took "plots of Land"
        in Abuja during one of OBJ's many fuel hikes?) and would only weaken our resolve.

Protests of this nature are supposed to be spontaneous and should not discriminate between the rich or the poor after-all, not even a poor    
        will open his eyes and allow his money to be robbed in the name of fuel subsidy!
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Kay1kay1(m): 6:05am On Jan 02, 2012
Mr. President, very good (effective) first pump-fake. . .It was, "Let the masses decide". . . April,. . . then came January 1st, "Fellow Naigarians, here comes your subshody live and hot".
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by lastpage: 6:15am On Jan 02, 2012
^^^Ha has just shown NIGERIANS his TRUE COLORS!

he cannot be trusted with anything that smells like money!

And a disgraceful LIAR!

His children should be ashamed of him, lying so openly to the public
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Nobody: 6:17am On Jan 02, 2012
lastpage:

This country has no future at all!
Even amongst those whom you think are educated, the kind of argument they put forward is astonishing, o put it civilly!!

For example, each time someone pointed it out that GEJ should have repaired the refineries first and then ensure that Electricity is stable (after which he can remove fuel subsidy and the effect would be minimal on the common man, as being done by sensible leaders in other places) the "counter argument you get" is to point fingers at Governors and Local government Chairmen and rant about their level of corruption?

How does that account for this wicked-foolishness by President GEJ, for Gawd sake?

Na-waaa for Nigerian educational system O! shocked shocked shocked

Anyway, if Nigerians dont flood the street in their millions, in every corner of this country by 2nd of January, then l will agree that they are the HAPPIEST PEOPLE ON EARTH and they deserve whatever "death-pill" GEJ and his bunch of looters force down their throat.

Up till this moment, Syrian are still on the streets, six months after, demanding for their rights!
No Give-Up, No Surrender.

Are Nigerians capable or they are just a bunch of cowards and selfish noise-makers?
Lets see.

Lastpage

BTW: Lets use "communication technologies" (Tweets, FaceBook, E-mail, Text Messaging, Instant Messaging, Phone Calls, e.t.c) to rally protesters.
        Lets not wait for any "Union Leader", they have all taken Bribes behind our back (remember Oshiomle and Reuben Abati took "plots of Land"
        in Abuja during one of OBJ's many fuel hikes?) and would only weaken our resolve.

Protests of this nature are supposed to be spontaneous and should not discriminate between the rich or the poor after-all, not even a poor    
        will open his eyes and allow his money to be robbed in the name of fuel subsidy!

I wouldn't hold my breath sir! Fela has said it all, Shuffering and Shmiling bunch of goons.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Nobody: 6:36am On Jan 02, 2012
I am glad that I have a president who has the courage to deregulate the petroluem sector. This is so good for Nigeria. Now, there will be produtivity and competition. Soon, marketters will be dragging for customers. Pump price will vary from one marketter to the other. Private refineries will now be built n NNPC will likely close down.
Yes, the innitial hardship will be experienced, but this will turn Nigeria around.

Next is the power sector. Ride on Mr. President.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Nobody: 6:38am On Jan 02, 2012
Incompetent lying vampires. There are no gaddem palliatives planned for the 'subsidy savings'. Certainly not in real terms. That is why someone keeps asking where the 'savings' will be sourced from in the present budget of N4.3tr, since there is no appropriation for subsidy in the first place.

1. Immediately we( you and I) saw the budget outline last year we knew the subsidy removal would commence Jan 1st 2012, but we did not 'know na' since TUC, NLC, ACN and CPC did not know either.  

2. The budget is 'as is'. All the talk about 'subsidy savings' going to education, maternal care, roads etc are double-edged lies from the pit of hell. Or more properly, the 'savings' are already there, to be looted at will.

3. Is there still an Excess Crude Account?

4. I remember at that oil subsidy parley, a cherub-faced finance minister who would publicly churn out gut-wrenching lies while wringing her hands and making soothing sounds. Incredible. At least Diezani and Sanusi looked appropriately rakish.

And they say we should trust them.
Orun yaabo, k'in s'oro enikan.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by tai2(m): 6:47am On Jan 02, 2012
All this dilly dallying, the strike should be announced from January 3rd, that;s the only way the government will listen, don't give them time to negotiate or choose stories and options, do it while people are still at home for the holidays, cripple them, lets see who will budge. But alas, are Nigerians listening?
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Nobody: 6:48am On Jan 02, 2012
BoboYekini:

there are no gaddem palliatives planned for the 'subsidy savings'. At least not in real terms. That is why someone keeps asking why the 'savings' will be sourced from in the present budget of N4.3tr.

1. Immediately we( you and I) saw the budget outline last year we knew the subsidy removal would commence Jan 1st 2012, but we did not 'know na' since TUC, NLC, ACN and CPC did not know either.  

2. The budget is 'as is'. All the talk about 'subsidy savings' going to education, maternal care, roads etc are double-edged lies from the pit of hell. Or more properly, the 'savings' are already there, to be looted at will.

3. Is there still an Excess Crude Account?

4. I remember at that oil subsidy parley, a cherub-faced finance minister who would publicly churn out gut-wrenching lies while wringing her hands and making soothing sounds. Incredible. At least Diezani and Sanusi looked appropriately rapish.

And they say we should trust them.
Orun yaabo, k'in s'oro enikan.

Is that even a word? I checked online dictionary, please correct so we can better understand your post for those of us that bother reading.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by VoodooDoll(m): 6:51am On Jan 02, 2012
The 'claimed' causes of the leakages that made the subsidy jump from N300bn to N1.3trn have not been closed, sealed or even narrowed so why is GEJ confident that Petrol cost is not going to exceed N140.

Nigeria has never known a president that sooo many people who have met him use "dumb", "dull" and "unimpressive" to describe him. But as people have said this is Nigerians chance to claim back their birthright as "pharoh" is deaf.

He is deaf to our cries to end corruption;
He is deaf to our cries for infrastructure; and
He is dead to our cries for jobs.

If we as Nigerians just vent our anger at each other and Abuja but leave out the National Assembly and state peeps from our wrath then we truly deserve what we get.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by aurenflani: 6:59am On Jan 02, 2012
@oyb - but cunny cunnyman had already told u a couple of days ago that he was ready for resistance by nigerians against the fuel subsidy removal!

And those of u who have forgotten let me refresh ur memories. Jonathan told u that he valued the fact that the big vultures (his masters) are happy with the way he is running nigeria! So guess who jona is serving - his masters in europe & america. hehehehehehe!!!

and one wonders why africa is yet to develop!
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Nobody: 7:07am On Jan 02, 2012
@engineerd, sorry. Corrected.
Closest i could come without calling them antichrist.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by lastpage: 7:24am On Jan 02, 2012
^^^^Any word will do! tongue
I always respect those in authority but this one (l do correct those who were calling him names) is actually an Evil Swamp crocodile! angry angry
Yes, l have never seen a President who started with so much undeserved goodwillluck and thrashed the whole thing in less than six months!

Even those that voted for him based on "sentiments" have come to realize their gross mistake!

He is a LIAR, VILE, EVIL, CHEAT and a Back-stabber.

If his wife Dame is getting 5Billion naira to renovate her NGO office, and he is allocating 1.3Billion naira for foodstuffs in his Aso Rock, does that portray the picture of a sane humanbeing?
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Nobody: 7:36am On Jan 02, 2012
I'm a young grad being saving for a while to actualize a dream, I dnt care wat anybody tells me, Has my money in the bank just turned to rubbish?tears are rolling down from my eyes as I type, And this government won't give us jobs, where do we go from here?
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Nobody: 7:49am On Jan 02, 2012
12 inches!:

I'm a young grad being saving for a while to actualize a dream, I dnt care wat anybody tells me, Has my money in the bank just turned to rubbish?tears are rolling down from my eyes as I type, And this government won't give us jobs, where do we go from here?

No amount of typing or crocodile tears will give you what you rightfully deserve as a Nigerian unless u act and take it by force and demand a change,
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Nobody: 8:10am On Jan 02, 2012
For some, this is indeed the best New Year Gift in decades!

Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Osama10(m): 8:12am On Jan 02, 2012
^^^^^

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by osy77(m): 8:15am On Jan 02, 2012
we were told to expect a bomb yesterday. We misunderstood and thought it would be from boko haram. Little did we know that it would come from our dear president in the form of fuel deregulation. The bomb has been detonated.cry
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by ade80: 8:18am On Jan 02, 2012
If govt paid 400billion has subsidy in 2010, how did it jump to 1.3trillion in 2011.
What about the fuel refined locally, will that also be sold at 141?
Shouldn't govt take on this cabal and make them pay all the money they have stolen
If we actually know how much fuel Nigeria consumes, why does the govt keep paying excess
Subsidy to the cabal without confirming if the fuel was actually brought into the country.
We all know that this people bring the fuel into Nigeria and discharge them to other ships on the
High sea. Govt should start by bringing this people to book first
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by otokx(m): 8:23am On Jan 02, 2012
Shey they voted for Goodluck not pdp? Oya na go and buy the petrol.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by charlsecy4(m): 8:26am On Jan 02, 2012
There is something fishy about the "subsidy gains." Since the government claimed they were borrowing to finance subsidy, where would the savings from the removal of subsidy emanate from?
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 02, 2012
At least we now know for sure that we have some FG propaganda people among us #beaf and his other cohorts, Keep workin for your money o, f.c.ki.ng retard, And u're yet to answer the questions u were asked, Till u do pls keep quiet and don't post here
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by rekeson: 8:34am On Jan 02, 2012
Todays update 4rm GOD IS GOOD PARK, ASABA.

Asaba to Abuja (N7500),

Asaba to Ojota, Yaba, (N7500),

Asaba to Ajah & Lekki (N10000).

This is wat U voted for in April 2011?
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Beaf: 8:39am On Jan 02, 2012
ade_77:

If govt paid 400billion has subsidy in 2010, how did it jump to 1.3trillion in 2011.
What about the fuel refined locally, will that also be sold at 141?
Shouldn't govt take on this cabal and make them pay all the money they have stolen
If we actually know how much fuel Nigeria consumes, why does the govt keep paying excess
Subsidy to the cabal without confirming if the fuel was actually brought into the country.
We all know that this people bring the fuel into Nigeria and discharge them to other ships on the

Many of you have forgotten fuel queue's. More fuel had to be imporeted to banish them and more money had to be borrowed to finance the imports because of the lousy subsidy system.

We Nigerians have short memories. Una don forget as e be before:

[img]http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg&STREAMOID=FRdsmntXNDuhvkmj2uDV_C6SYeqqxXXqBcOgKOfTXxTSEy8PWRzDbESMJF_XQupYwLkdkNm4NaK1iliY4aRX7GEabxkeoo57KN3LcI4Be79xyJSXHeyn6i9C8rc3E0xoX_kuXYWCUJRqviwH8FNPwULIcdFM9zupuYHBJc2ySZk-[/img]
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Hardunnii(f): 8:44am On Jan 02, 2012
So since govt borrows money to pay for subsidy, they will borrow for the projects they want to embark on, rite
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by fxskye: 8:51am On Jan 02, 2012
I welcome all Nigerians @ home to "2012 Fresh Air & Transformation Agenda" promised by GEJ.

Our Odeku president has plan to grant $200M to Nigeria Entertainment industry but with an improvement in Education Fund,

A question for Mr. President; Why did "Subsidy" jump sky-rocketingly in 2011 compare to 2010?
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Yunisa001(m): 8:54am On Jan 02, 2012
The only solution to this problem is that we should all look for gun and match to the aso rock
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by KayDee4: 9:00am On Jan 02, 2012
The future is bleak and it saddens my heart

Jonathan seems to be leading us blindly and cluelessly to . . . . . . . doom. Now that's some scary S.H.111T .

I feel pity for the helpless and poor people who will be adversely affected by this price hike.

Maybe we should right away start looking for a real and intelligent leader to replace Uncle Jona in 3 years, cos he acts like a confused sheep.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Nobody: 9:03am On Jan 02, 2012
So much obsession with Beaf ,it seems Beafs intelligence makes many posters on NL feel inadequate.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by cashful(m): 9:11am On Jan 02, 2012
ade_77:

corruption in high places by untouchables. Sincerely this is the worrying aspect in this subsidy removal thing. If govt couldn't deal with this cabal during the time of subsidy whats the guarantee that if the cabal starts milking us after the removal(this will definitely take place when they discover and manipulate loop holes in the new policy), they would/can do something.
Bring them to book, how? when some govt. officials did confirmed they did bring in the quantity quoted; eg the cabals declare 10M litres as expected, the actual amount delivered is like 3M litres, but govt officials record 10M and get kickbacks from the cabal, that's the practice. This is what the govt. could not tackle, so its worrying, if the cabal rears it head again, then we will start thinking of another policy shift.
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by anataala: 9:14am On Jan 02, 2012
i am so happy the subsidy has being removed, at least God has punish most of you that turn  blind and voted for him and leave a better candidate, any way i thing he has a special subsidy for people of the south south and south west. congratulations, Gen Buhari  is the solution to our problem keep sentiments aside, am begging to mr fresh air to increase the price to N 3OO Per Litre
Re: Breaking News: Fuel Subsidy Removed by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 02, 2012
^^^  Shebi na Jona dem say dem vote for, no be PDP? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) / Unknown Gunmen Kill 7 Persons In Ebonyi State (Graphic Photos) / Second Niger Bridge Nears Completion (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.