Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,245 members, 7,822,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street (14095 Views)

Subsidy On Petrol Rises To N9.09 Per Litre / Subsidy On Petrol Falls To N576m Daily / Despite Scarcity, Daily Subsidy On Petrol Hits N1.81bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jan 01, 2012
Please i really want to know the

EFFECT OF FUEL SUBSIDY ON THE COMMON MAN ON THE STREET

no big grammar. enlightening me and other Nigerians who want to know
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 01, 2012
i wan knw please oh
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 01, 2012
Do you actually think jonathan cares about the poor ?
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by koruji(m): 9:48pm On Jan 01, 2012
Did you buy anything last week or take public transport or buy petrol? Estimate what you spent last week or last month, then calculate what you spend over the next week and month.

The difference is how much your well-being or effective income has been reduced by removing subsidies.

Now think of the common man who is barely eating one or two full meals, and has to get on the bus to work - add the difference above to how much money he doesn't have, then you will begin to get the picture.

ActiveMan:

Please i really want to know the

EFFECT OF FUEL SUBSIDY ON THE COMMON MAN ON THE STREET

no big grammar. enlightening me and other Nigerians who want to know
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by Tsiya(m): 9:50pm On Jan 01, 2012
knock on effect.

- Increasing the cost of fuel directly means corresponding increase in cost of transportation. Increase in cost of transportation will lead to increase in cost of food and other commodities. This will inevitably increase the cost of living for a common man. The next coming months will be hard for common man.
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 01, 2012
koruji:

Did you buy anything last week or take public transport or buy petrol? Estimate what you spent last week or last month, then calculate what you spend over the next week and month.

The difference is how much your well-being or effective income has been reduced by removing subsidies.

Now think of the common man who is barely eating one or two full meals, and has to get on the bus to work - add the difference above to how much money he doesn't have, then you will begin to get the picture.

i did not bought anything this week, i have all i wanted to eat since 3month ago the only thing i bought was Turkey which i think was expensive because of the festive period.

Around 2pm today i still bought fuel to my car @ 65naira

now every petrol stations closed down no fuel

am just bit confused because if truely PMS is 141 naira per litter then TOGO or Ghana here i come,

so i want to know the effect before making decisions
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by 9icest: 9:08am On Jan 02, 2012
what does transportation affect?

anything you move with it: food, building materials, businesses, etc.

The worst is, FRSC wants people to buy a new plate number for 45k. Toll gates are coming back.

I really wish Nigerians have some little bit of Arab bloods in them. But shame, we are just sheeps.
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by freecocoa(f): 9:19am On Jan 02, 2012
OP take this example.

Cost of transportation from Enugu to Onitsha was normally #300 but was increased to #400 because of the festive period.(I went to Awka yesterday,that's what I paid)today Enugu to Osha is #700,so there you go.
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by donguutti: 9:28am On Jan 02, 2012
prices of most goods would,cost of living would increase dramatically,transport cost hit the heavens-e.g frm enugu to lag,which usually cost 2600 on a normal day nd 6k during festive period is at 10k to 14k this morning
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by Nobody: 9:28am On Jan 02, 2012
lipsrsealed

Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by mikedore: 9:30am On Jan 02, 2012
the effect is dat every other thing must go up times 2. everytin depends on oil in dis country.
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by aurenflani: 9:33am On Jan 02, 2012
the governors are now going to get billions more from d federal govt. We it will be interesting what excuses they will be giving to their people now for not making best use of the money to implement productive developmental projects to developing their various states.
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by Nobody: 9:35am On Jan 02, 2012
[size=16pt]Naira devalued![/size]
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by Konnektions146(m): 9:51am On Jan 02, 2012
aurenflani:

the governors are now going to get billions more from d federal govt. We it will be interesting what excuses they will be giving to their people now for not making best use of the money to implement productive developmental projects to developing their various states.
hope yu re not expectant of miracles cos i bet yu MUST be disappointed.

i just dont God to punish these people else they should try to impress me.
imagine the street of UYO, scanty, no station sells, the ones that sells in the outskirt sells at 160 naira.

naija!!!
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by omokidew: 10:01am On Jan 02, 2012
Any Government policy on oil whether subsidy,deregulation or what ever shit i dont understand will always be perfect for a nation.The two prominent things that make things go wrong is corruption and greed.

Even at the current price,fuel price in Nigeria is still low compared to prices in the US and UK

Subsidy or No Subsidy,the problem with Naija is leadership.
It would make more sense if protests were staged to drag incompetent leaders out of office than protest against economic measures.
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by Beaf: 10:05am On Jan 02, 2012
omokidew:

Any Government policy on oil whether subsidy,deregulation or what ever poo i dont understand will always be perfect for a nation.The two prominent things that make things go wrong is corruption and greed.

Even at the current price,fuel price in Nigeria is still low compared to prices in the US and UK

Subsidy or No Subsidy,the problem with Naija is leadership.
It would make more sense if protests were staged to drag incompetent leaders out of office than protest against economic measures.

That is so true!
It would make even better sense to demonstrate for true federalism and true representation, or to ensure the passage of the PIB in its most radical form.
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by Rich4god(m): 10:17am On Jan 02, 2012
I realy weep for 9ja. In as much as fuel subsidy removal myt good for our economy (as they said), i still think that 9ja is nt yet ready for it. But if i may ask, will the price of air travel be affected also.
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by Nobody: 10:27am On Jan 02, 2012
okay thanks
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by purplekayc(m): 10:37am On Jan 02, 2012
the effects is so simple :higher cost of living grin grin grin grin
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by purplekayc(m): 10:41am On Jan 02, 2012
soonest every nigerian will be padlocking their fuel tanks for more fuel security grin grin grin grin cheesy

Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by OmichaelO: 10:42am On Jan 02, 2012
SEBI IF THEY BUILD REFINERY EVERYTHING WILL BE OKAY? AND THERE WILL BE NOTHING LIKE FUEL SUBSIDY? Abi
somebody enlighten me!!
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by youngmonie: 10:50am On Jan 02, 2012
Its really sad: In a country where the minimum wage 18,000 ( which has not be implemented) and the inflation rate of 11% which is even set and then you remove subsidy again all in the name of to help the masses. I mean its crazy. The same masses that virtually have to pay for everything from healthcare, education transport accommodation, feeding and you want them to live on 18k and then some stupid governors willl still tax this 18k!! PATHETIC ( Because i dont see employers increasing the wages of employees even as inflation is rising, rather most will be cutting salaries or jobs to reduce their own cost)
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by abes(m): 11:06am On Jan 02, 2012
;d ;d ;d

Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by youngmonie: 11:11am On Jan 02, 2012
abes:

;d ;d ;d

RIDE THIS TO WORK, GET DER L8T ND UR FIRED!!!!, go invest in bicycle!!
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by Nobody: 11:13am On Jan 02, 2012
Lmao @ subsidy ram.Una no go kill me with laugh.see wetin jonathan don cause poor man.
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by ignis: 11:16am On Jan 02, 2012
Increase in the price of virtually everything.
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by meee1: 11:20am On Jan 02, 2012
For your Political Campaign websites, please call 07065489966
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by Remii(m): 11:22am On Jan 02, 2012
Finally, fuel is more expensive than coke, OBJ, are you happy now. mshweeeee

Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by Remii(m): 11:27am On Jan 02, 2012
Heavens help those who help themselves.

Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by Enockia(m): 11:37am On Jan 02, 2012
dont woorry just go out and u'll see the effect in the streets
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by Cogent: 11:42am On Jan 02, 2012
The one wey dey make pesin vex pass be say after all this noise about how you are suffering, how you cannot afford this and that, how people are going to die as a result of subsidy removal, the cowards complaining will still remain quiet and do nothing to revolt against the government trying to finish them.
[size=20pt]SHUT UP!!! ALL OF YOU COMPLAINING AND ARE N OT READY TO PROTEST, SHUT UP!!! YOUR INTERNET RANTING WILL CHANGE NOTHING, SO SHUT THE F[i]U[/i]CK UP!!![/size]
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:55am On Jan 02, 2012
The effect is going 2 be worst 2 de students cus some will drop out of skul cus of high cost of living and always increasing skul fees and accomdation fees

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Accept Responsibility For All Wrongs In Nigeria — PDP / Gej Decieved Nollywood With $200m- Chukwura / $151m Deposits: Bankers, Civil Servants To Face Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.