Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,682 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street (14092 Views)

Subsidy On Petrol Rises To N9.09 Per Litre / Subsidy On Petrol Falls To N576m Daily / Despite Scarcity, Daily Subsidy On Petrol Hits N1.81bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by Nobody: 11:56am On Jan 02, 2012
Many rich nigerians are going to become BROKE very soon except those with ties to the Inner circles. So Beaf, i wonder for you, what if your master now cuts your pay, stops paying you, because he cant afford your minimum wage  grin  how will you survive now everything has skyrocketted. You can't afford a bottle of star again bro.
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by hasyak(m): 12:00pm On Jan 02, 2012
we voted GEJ not PDP?? good for you
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 02, 2012
I bought a bicycle at d price of 11, 380 Naira however, the seller told me it's gonna increase by tomorrow. You won't believe we had to file on a 'straight line' all in d name of purchasin a ride. The most annoying tin was dat I was on d line for 1hr 12mins. Hurry and buy yours while stock last!
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by Image123(m): 12:21pm On Jan 02, 2012
Ermmm, what goes up must come down does not apply in this case, right?
I wonder why we only want to be like US in bad things.
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by liftedme(m): 12:21pm On Jan 02, 2012
Let every true Nigerian protest this act of wickedess, Jonathan's administration has nothing good so far. All we see around the country is insecurity, bad infrastructure, power failure and now poverty is on the increase on account of removal of fuel subsidy. This is not good at all
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by cooldudeng(m): 12:26pm On Jan 02, 2012
youngmonie:

Its really sad: In a country where the minimum wage 18,000 ( which has not be implemented) and the inflation rate of 11%  which is even set  and then you remove subsidy  again all in  the name of to help the masses. I mean  its crazy. The same masses that virtually have to pay for everything from healthcare, education transport  accommodation, feeding  and you want them to live on 18k and then some silly governors willl still tax this 18k!! PATHETIC ( Because i dont see employers increasing the wages of employees even as inflation is rising, rather most will be cutting salaries or jobs to reduce their own cost)

Nicely said! However, there's no direct tax for incomer earners below 30K. Although, the indirect ones like VAT and Tolls which could be avoided exist!
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by aminu150(m): 12:33pm On Jan 02, 2012
the common man will soon perish in nigeria. check out the real meaning of subsidy removal here fiftynaira..com
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by MAYOWAAK: 12:33pm On Jan 02, 2012
Abeg see subsidy wahala o: A car has just been snatched @ gunpoint at Gbagada and the owner kept screaming: "MY FUEL, My FUEL!!
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by Image123(m): 12:40pm On Jan 02, 2012
aminu150:

the common man will soon perish in nigeria. check out the real meaning of subsidy removal here fiftynaira..com
Poverty eradication na.
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by beknown(m): 12:42pm On Jan 02, 2012
@Poster,

The effect of subsidy removal on the common man will be huge.

Removal of subsidy will result in higher price for everything the common man buys - e.g.
- higher transportation cost,
- higher food cost,
- higher cost of bicycle,
- higher cost of motor cycle,
- higher cost of GSM credit,
- higher cost of clothes,
- etc.
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by neowelsh(m): 12:44pm On Jan 02, 2012
GEJ: IF U C ME TREK PASS HALLA UR BOY, I GOT MORE TREKKERS HALLA UR BOY, O Na na halla ur boooy
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by y2kaustin(m): 12:54pm On Jan 02, 2012
SHUT UP!!! ALL OF YOU COMPLAINING AND ARE N OT READY TO PROTEST, SHUT UP!!! YOUR INTERNET RANTING WILL CHANGE NOTHING, SO SHUT THE Bleep UP!!![sup][/sup]
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by Thor(m): 1:42pm On Jan 02, 2012
Welcome to the real world people grin grin grin
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jan 02, 2012
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by queensmith: 2:02pm On Jan 02, 2012
everyone will suffer for this not just the common man. Fuel as we know it is crucial to our way of life. The price of absolutely everything will go up. food clothing phone charges transport education etc. people will have to spend less to accomodate it and because of this businesses will fail. exports will reduce and people will import more from cheaper countries. Failing businesses even further. I dont even want to think of the consequences. petrol has gone up double the price without the government soo much as giving an explanation on what will soften the blow!
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by youngmonie: 2:05pm On Jan 02, 2012
^^^^^, loooooool!!, v8 how?,
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by laroche(m): 2:14pm On Jan 02, 2012
For those who will rather act than analysis paralysis; a meeting is on-going in Abuja: No 35,S.O williams crescent, anthony enahoro str utako. Joint Coalition planning a protest against fuel subsidy removal, you are all invited! Pls do more than pontificate on your fb and bb!
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by TRUTHTELA: 2:29pm On Jan 02, 2012
These DOCILE Nigerians should STOP all these PONTIFICATION on the internet, BB, & FB and hit the street with Non-stop protest against whatever they do NOT like, However, Y'all asked for GOODLUCK & God gave it you guyz. I dey laugh ooooo! However, I bought FUEL this afternoon @ N65. If you're around, go to Mobil petrol station and they're still selling.
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by seanet02: 2:36pm On Jan 02, 2012
Cogent:

The one wey dey make pesin vex pass be say after all this noise about how you are suffering, how you cannot afford this and that, how people are going to die as a result of subsidy removal, the cowards complaining will still remain quiet and do nothing to revolt against the government trying to finish them.
[size=20pt]SHUT UP!!! ALL OF YOU COMPLAINING AND ARE N OT READY TO PROTEST, SHUT UP!!! YOUR INTERNET RANTING WILL CHANGE NOTHING, SO SHUT THE F[i]U[/i]CK UP!!![/size]
Just tell me where the Protest will start in Abeokuta and see how i will display Educative Hooliganism for you
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by Natasha2(f): 2:41pm On Jan 02, 2012
Cogent:

The one wey dey make pesin vex pass be say after all this noise about how you are suffering, how you cannot afford this and that, how people are going to die as a result of subsidy removal, the cowards complaining will still remain quiet and do nothing to revolt against the government trying to finish them.
[size=20pt]SHUT UP!!! ALL OF YOU COMPLAINING AND ARE N OT READY TO PROTEST, SHUT UP!!! YOUR INTERNET RANTING WILL CHANGE NOTHING, SO SHUT THE F[i]U[/i]CK UP!!![/size]
YOU SEE YOUR LIFE? YOU WHEN THEY TELL PERSON SHUT UP SHEBE NA YOUR NYASH YOU DEY USE TALK? BLAH BLAH BLAH YOU WETIN YOU DEY WAIT FOR? WHY YOU NEVER PROTEST? YOU DEY WAIT FOR ANOTHER PERSON TO START AM , WHY YOU NEVER PROTEST, YOU DEY HOUSE THEY TELL ANOTHER PERSON SHUT UP LIKE SAY YOU DEY MAKE ANY EFFORT ABEGI SHUT UP AND SHUT DOWN. FIRST CLASS COWARD grin
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by our9ja: 3:19pm On Jan 02, 2012
We went to church on 31st nite singing "Everything na double double" so who do we now blame for the double increase in Fuel price?
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by laroche(m): 3:24pm On Jan 02, 2012
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by kleechy: 3:40pm On Jan 02, 2012
More ghana must go bags more moni to play with.
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by yesboss20(m): 4:16pm On Jan 02, 2012
A thief was caught then a tyre was put
around his neck and match box was
brought out but nobody agreed to
bring petrol . Da thief smiled and said
thanks to subsidy =))
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by Revolva(m): 4:21pm On Jan 02, 2012
People in Lagos - there will be a meeting of coalition of Young People against subsidy removal at Daystar Church on Ikosi Rd, Oregun. You are all invited! Pls do more than pontificate on your fb and bb! Now is the time to act!

^ After na BB pin UNA go exchange and facebook and twitter exchanging amoung young people and phone number bu do nothing, ty be like the Arabs, Ok.

Men One day this will happen here i cant wait, i wil first of all find jonathan house and family and robb dem,

Jonathan is just a useless, leader, he should resign he cant do anything about boko haram, the fuel subsidy na just Bobo, dem dey bobo us there is no subsidy ever they are just stealing the money said to be on to since, Washing,

Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by Fhemmmy: 4:25pm On Jan 02, 2012
Where are those now that saw a messiah in Jonathan and voted for him ?

@ The topic:
Increased cost of tranportation
Increased cost of feeding
Increased cost of builing homes
Rent skyrocketing
cost of Generator going up
Cost of using Generator
Cost of everything

More money for the leaders to share and yet common man's salary will remain same.
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by sweet9ja: 6:37pm On Jan 02, 2012
Folks, welcome to the real world, deregulation has come to stay.
Some immediate gains of fuel subsidy removal:
1. Less traffic in our roads and streets.
2. Less polution, therefore, increase in air quality.
3. Carpooling.
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by love4ual: 6:47pm On Jan 02, 2012
20 yrs ago i forsaw this coming and i prayed to God almighty, father i do not want money, a car, not even education, no money, clothes or any such material thing apart from life and to get me a visa to Gods own country.

God answered my prayer after 19yrs, here in houston texas i drive on smooth road without dust punching into my ear or eyes. i do not have all the money in the world but i sleep without fear and wake up without fear, i am achieving all of my dreams in life, i also know that my children would have a wonderful future,

After making my decision i called on some of my friends to tell them what i forsaw about nigeria in the next 20yrs…………….some dropped out from school and saved some money withing 7yrs and left for places like the bahamas, belgium, austria, south africa, finland, sweden, ireland…………some where very lucky and got a visa to the three best countries to make it and live in the world….united states, canada, australia…….today some of the are lawyers, nurses, doctors, cleaners…………about %90 of them have all reached sucess in those countries …….
only about %10 of those who told me that nigeria would be good by 2000 have succeeded in nigeria today……………20yrs down the road my village is still the same……., no water, bad road, no security, everybody living in fear….
Only the rich can claim to be secured in nigeria today…………If the rich believed that nigeria will be good why are the sending their kids abroad…………, if our pastors believe that nigeria will turn a new leaf in few yrs why are they sending their kids abroad………,

I know some people are arguing that this will save nigeria in the future, i am sorry for this group of people with such thoughts, you think a corrupt government cares what people like you think,

western countries can make such quick changes because there is always alternatives but not a nation like nigeria, it is true that things are not %100 of how it used to be in europe and the united states, but the minimum wage in the united states have not changed, every american student is still being giving scholarship and grants, unemployment benefits, grants, it is lazy americans who wants white collar jobs that are suffering,
nigerians are hard working and talented, we have seen it in nollywood and the rise of the pentecostal churches

In conclusion,, i want to say that except there is a blood bath revolution in nigeria, africa will remain a shame even in 50yrs,

revolutions took place in east africa because the are muslims, they are ready to die,

but it cannot happen in nigeria because christians do not believe in revolution, they are also afraid of death, they forgot that the isrealites fought all throughout generations
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by georgej: 7:01pm On Jan 02, 2012
I'm a bayelsan but dis does not change anything, during the election niger deltans were sentimentally voting thinking he is the solution 2 there problem, but d truth is dat jonathan would stand out 2 b d worst president nigeria has ever produced. Gosh! Not only is he slow , he is also manipulative
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by knowledge4(m): 11:41pm On Jan 02, 2012
Cogent, you are very right.
Most of them complaining on the net will never get on the streets to protest.
This is the reason why the government keeps enslaving them and riding on their backs all the time.
What happened in Egypt,libya,Tunisia, cannot happen here because Nigerians are too cowardly to stand up to fight for their rights!
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by doofanc: 11:47pm On Jan 02, 2012
CALABAR - IKOM is now 1800, up from btw 1k - 1300. Food sellers have even started jackin up their prices. Sad.
Re: Effect Of Fuel Subsidy On The Common Man On The Street by sweet9ja: 11:20am On Jan 03, 2012
knowledge4:

Cogent, you are very right.
Most of them complaining on the net will never get on the streets to protest.
This is the reason why the government keeps enslaving them and riding on their backs all the time.
What happened in Egypt,libya,Tunisia, cannot happen here because Nigerians are too cowardly to stand up to fight for their rights!
How about Ghana, what happened there? They've also deregulated petrol price and I understand that p/l of petrol there is much higher than in naija, but Ghanaians have not promised to turn their country into a battle ground. BTW Nigerians are not cowards rather they are aware of the immediate pain this is causing them, but also know it's the right thing to do if we want our country to grow and become competitive. We should rather go out enmass to protest against corruption, insecurity, lack of infrastructure and injustice, these should be our biggest concern.

Happy New Year.
Long live Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ambode Confirms Justice Opeyemi As Chief Judge Of Lagos State - Pictures / Buhari Has Saved APC – Shehu Sani Reacts To Oyegun’s Tenure Elongation / Dr Dikko Umaru Rada Wins APC Gubernatorial Primary In Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.