Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,715 members, 7,955,688 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:53 PM

What Is The Essence Of Buying Cars When Fuel Is Extremely Expensive? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is The Essence Of Buying Cars When Fuel Is Extremely Expensive? (946 Views)

What Are The Dangers Of Buying A Flooded Car? / Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations / Dangers Of Buying Vehicles From Cotonou (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Essence Of Buying Cars When Fuel Is Extremely Expensive? by Nobody: 4:46am On Jan 02, 2012
It is going to be a tough time for car dealers to get their cars sold as a result of this fuel subsidy removal. There is no point for anyone to buy cars when they cannot afford to buy fuel to power the car in the first place. In a country that boast of some of the best crude oil, we don't even have a working refinenary out of four refinenaries we have in Nigeria. Does it make sense for any country that produces crude oil to be exporting the oil to another country in order to get it refined and bring it back to the country and sell to the citizens of that country?

My fellow Nigerians, brace yourself for tough times ahead. Be prepared!
Re: What Is The Essence Of Buying Cars When Fuel Is Extremely Expensive? by KunleA2(m): 5:46pm On Jan 02, 2012
Its still going to be cheaper (most times) and more convenient to have your own car. If you didn't have a car, you won't walk to your destinations. You have to take transport somehow. And the taxi driver will buy the same fuel at the same rate. The saying still goes, "You sell what you buy"

Taxi will make money on the fuel he bought. Or may be i missed your point.

(1) (Reply)

Key Issues / Buying From GERMANY / My Volvo V40 Is Doing Over Heating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.