Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,594 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

And So The Rip Off Ended - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / And So The Rip Off Ended (8864 Views)

How Amaechi Ended Up Being The Biggest Loser In The APC Game-Plan! / (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today / RIP: LT. Ogunsola; Killed In Action..see His Last BBM Update. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

And So The Rip Off Ended by Beaf: 5:47am On Jan 02, 2012
Anybody that has travelled through W. Africa by road knows the scene below only too well.
90% of fuel sold in Benin Republic is smuggled from Nigeria. It is the same in Togo, Burkinafaso, Niger Republic, Cameroun, Chad etc.
All bought and paid for by Nigeria in the name of subsidy.

That trade just ended. Nice. cool

[img]http://3.bp..com/-50sJe0SdLVU/TaGPWcN-xBI/AAAAAAAAA_w/lq-1yfSkCKs/s1600/IMG_4899.JPG[/img]
Re: And So The Rip Off Ended by Onlytruth(m): 6:02am On Jan 02, 2012
So very true.lol cool
Re: And So The Rip Off Ended by koruji(m): 6:17am On Jan 02, 2012
Hey Beaf, u and I know the real "reap-off" GEJ is eliminating. What u show here is merely part of the premeditated campaign to convince Nigerians, and is not a big part or the main "correction" GEJ is after. But. . .but that is all I am going to say.
Re: And So The Rip Off Ended by sheyguy: 7:14am On Jan 02, 2012
Rip off indeed . . . Isnt it the same border they sneak these fuel through the same place they sneak rice, flour, and human beings for prostituzion and even Boko haram  use through? Instead of securing the borders he is changing policies and removing subsidies that will punish her citizens.
What happens when rice and flour subsidy becomes choking for the govt.
Gej is towing a cawordly and wicked path that punishes the pple instead of him manning up to face the real issues here.
No mata how hard u av tried thus far beaf, your arguments concerning subsidy removal on this forum still lacks substance . . .at least to me.
Re: And So The Rip Off Ended by Nobody: 7:38am On Jan 02, 2012
http://lilandjohninafrica..com/2011/04/cotonou-benin.html

All along the highways are stalls like this selling fuel for motorbikes and cars. Here our taxi is filling up in Benin where it is cheaper than Togo and the fuel comes from Nigeria. The funnels are lined with cloth to filter the rubbish from the fuel. Sadly many of the big petrol stations with their huge concrete forecourts are deserted as these stalls surround them and take their business. We had no problems crossing the

all beaf is saying is that the government in benin is as incompetent as that in nigeria, if they cannot take measures to protect those who would invest infrastructure in the nation.
Re: And So The Rip Off Ended by Beaf: 7:41am On Jan 02, 2012
sheyguy:

Rip off indeed . . . Isnt it the same border they sneak these fuel through the same place they sneak rice, flour, and human beings for prostituzion and even Boko haram  use through? Instead of securing the borders he is changing policies and removing subsidies that will punish her citizens.
What happens when rice and flour subsidy becomes choking for the govt.
Gej is towing a cawordly and wicked path that punishes the pple instead of him manning up to face the real issues here.
No mata how hard u av tried thus far beaf, your arguments concerning subsidy removal on this forum still lacks substance . . .at least to me.

Secure the borders? Its easier said than done, even the US cannot secure its borders with Mexico, as developed as that country is.
If you have ever done business across the borders, you would know that it is impossible. Even in the areas where there is a fence between Benin Republic and Nigeria, people have cut holes where there is the slightest bush. In other areas, there is no fence, but there are forest tracks. Smugglers do not go through customs (except the daft ones or JJC's), the best way to stop them is by pricing the goods they smuggle competitively.
By the way, I am not trying to convince you, I am simply conveying my opinion.
Re: And So The Rip Off Ended by efisher(m): 7:45am On Jan 02, 2012
A big plus for Nigeria. Pop something!
Re: And So The Rip Off Ended by Nobody: 7:59am On Jan 02, 2012
Beaf:

Secure the borders? Its easier said than done, even the US cannot secure its borders with Mexico, as developed as that country is.
If you have ever done business across the borders, you would know that it is impossible. Even in the areas where there is a fence between Benin Republic and Nigeria, people have cut holes where there is the slightest bush. In other areas, there is no fence, but there are forest tracks. Smugglers do not go through customs (except the daft ones or JJC's), the best way to stop them is by pricing the goods they smuggle competitively.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-836191.0.html

7.   As part of the overall strategy to overcome the current security challenges, I have directed the closure of the land borders contiguous to the affected Local Government Areas so as to control incidences of cross boarder terrorist activities as terrorists have taken advantage of the present situation to strike at targets in Nigeria and retreat beyond the reach of our law enforcement personnel.

so you admit that your master is an incompetent, bare faced liar?

smugglers always have known routes. on my way to work every morning, there are always cars from Cotonou laden with canned goods. these cars are hard to miss, s they have no lights, the windreen is a mess and teh driver looks out the front window. they are rarely disturbed. the same goes on in the north.

in the same way, there are known routes through which cars are smuggled into nigeria.

smuggling a tanker of fuel is not the same as a terrorist sneaking across a border.

you seem to think the job is meant to be easy or something. the us borer patrol does not make such pathetic excuses as we cannot polic the border, therefore we will throw up our arms?

what defeatist nonsense
Re: And So The Rip Off Ended by JamesDoe: 8:05am On Jan 02, 2012
So if Petrol rises to N250 in Benin, Togo and elsewhere the logic is that so must our price follow?

Why don't we sack customs and close down that agency then. We should also then open our borders because Retardeen is to dumb and phocking dull to do his job!
Re: And So The Rip Off Ended by Beaf: 8:12am On Jan 02, 2012
oyb:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-836191.0.html
so you admit that your master is an incompetent, bare faced liar?

smugglers always have known routes. on my way to work every morning, there are always cars from Cotonou laden with canned goods. these cars are hard to miss, s they have no lights, the windreen is a mess and teh driver looks out the front window. they are rarely disturbed. the same goes on in the north.

in the same way, there are known routes through which cars are smuggled into nigeria.

smuggling a tanker of fuel is not the same as a terrorist sneaking across a border.

you seem to think the job is meant to be easy or something. the us borer patrol does not make such pathetic excuses as we cannot polic the border, therefore we will throw up our arms?

what defeatist nonsense

You are a fool.

Only a fool would point at a car they see in town and somehow know that the goods in it are smuggled, because "they have no lights, the windreen is a mess and teh driver looks out the front window." shocked

What a "clever" way to detect smugglers. Abeg, I don't have time to converse with a person whose mental output could at best be described as arid and kwashiokored.
Re: And So The Rip Off Ended by BluStreak(m): 8:19am On Jan 02, 2012
Truth be told, subsidy removal is not a bad idea at all. The problem we have as a nation is the endemic corruption that has bedeviled Nigeria. If not for corruption, the quantum sum the government claimed to be spending on subsidy wouldn't have been. It is the same corruption that will cause whatever funds that will accrue from this subsidy removal to grow wings and fly. We have a corrupt system so let's not espect much. A.G.O has been deregulated since, were did the proceeds from that go to? If we have to fight, let's fight for accountability from the government not the issue of subsidy. My 1 Biafran Shilling.
Re: And So The Rip Off Ended by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 02, 2012
Pee Dee Pee!!!
Progress!!

Re: And So The Rip Off Ended by JamesDoe: 8:25am On Jan 02, 2012
PDP apologists

It is ok, we don hear.

When the revolution comes, we will look for you in the streets.

Po, po, po, POP SOMTIN!
Re: And So The Rip Off Ended by Nobody: 8:29am On Jan 02, 2012
Beaf:

You are a fool.

Only a fool would point at a car they see in town and somehow know that the goods in it are smuggled, because "they have no lights, the windreen is a mess and teh driver looks out the front window." shocked

What a "clever" way to detect smugglers. Abeg, I don't have time to converse with a person whose mental output could at best be described as arid and kwashiokored.

you are the fool. uk Arrow. u dont know what is happening in this country, which is why you spam us with infantile bs about how things are changing

bloody coward like your master. you finally found the guts to answer one of my replies to the incoherence you have been spamming the forum with, as as always your reply is little more than trolling to distract from the subject

ANYONE who plies the lagos badagry road in the morning can point out smugglers cars. as far back as 1999, during my first it in lagos, people in the staff bus were pointing out the cars . they are usually in a convoy, the bodies are beat to sheet. all the windows are taped ovr, te car i saggig from the weight of the goods.

instead of blathering about clever ways to detect snuggling ask your aster the slowpoke in aso rock, to call the customs to order.

have you wondered why customs officials are so rich ?

meanwhile answer ths. is your master a no good liar like you, eran ileya?

7.   As part of the overall strategy to overcome the current security challenges, I have directed the closure of the land borders contiguous to the affected Local Government Areas so as to control incidences of cross boarder terrorist activities as terrorists have taken advantage of the present situation to strike at targets in Nigeria and retreat beyond the reach of our law enforcement personnel.
Re: And So The Rip Off Ended by djustice: 8:48am On Jan 02, 2012
I read some interesting tweets from @BOGbadamosi on my TL this morning. If his recommendations on the Ministry of Works and EFCC can be followed, I could support the subsidy removal.
Re: And So The Rip Off Ended by Beaf: 8:49am On Jan 02, 2012
oyb:

you are the fool. uk Arrow. u dont know what is happening in this country, which is why you spam us with infantile bs about how things are changing

bloody coward like your master. you finally found the guts to answer one of my replies to the incoherence you have been spamming the forum with, as as always your reply is little more than trolling to distract from the subject

ANYONE who plies the lagos badagry road in the morning can point out smugglers cars. as far back as 1999, during my first it in lagos, people in the staff bus were pointing out the cars . they are usually in a convoy, the bodies are beat to sheet. all the windows are taped ovr, te car i saggig from the weight of the goods.

instead of blathering about clever ways to detect snuggling ask your aster the slowpoke in aso rock, to call the customs to order.

have you wondered why customs officials are so rich ?

meanwhile answer ths. is your master a no good liar like you, eran ileya?

You are a dunce. Keep peeping through car windows and shouting, "smuggler!"
You have the mental output of a cockroach.

Go sell your "clever" ways of closing borders to the US, they've been trying to stop Mexicans coming in for decades. Don't forget to also tell them you can detect smugglers because, ""they have no lights, the windreen is a mess and teh driver looks out the front window.""

How meat headed do "clever" people get these days? cry cry cry
Re: And So The Rip Off Ended by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 02, 2012
You guys should stop arguing unnecessarily,how about we look how this subsidy removal affects the ordinary Nigerians.i mean those that earn less than one dollar when subsidy was in place.what about the ripple effects on the economy,inflation and possible increase in crime rate.did jonathan consider all these ?
Re: And So The Rip Off Ended by Hardunnii(f): 9:01am On Jan 02, 2012
^^^ you think badluck jonathan gives a Bleep abt them
Re: And So The Rip Off Ended by Nobody: 9:01am On Jan 02, 2012
Beaf:

You are a dunce. Keep peeping through car windows and shouting, "smuggler!"
You have the mental output of a cockroach.

Go sell your "clever" ways of closing borders to the US, they've been trying to stop Mexicans coming in for decades. Don't forget to also tell them you can detect smugglers because, ""they have no lights, the windreen is a mess and teh driver looks out the front window.""

How meat headed do "clever" people get these days? cry cry cry

Beaf:

Anybody that has travelled through W. Africa by road knows the scene below only too well.
90% of fuel sold in Benin Republic is smuggled from Nigeria. It is the same in Togo, Burkinafaso, Niger Republic, Cameroun, Chad etc.
All bought and paid for by Nigeria in the name of subsidy.

That trade just ended. Nice. cool

[img]http://3.bp..com/-50sJe0SdLVU/TaGPWcN-xBI/AAAAAAAAA_w/lq-1yfSkCKs/s1600/IMG_4899.JPG[/img]

beaf has no probem ith making a case for smuggling across togo, burkina faso , niger(who have their own refinery) and cameroon based on one blog post by two oyibos hitchhiking through africa.

All along the highways are stalls like this selling fuel for motorbikes and cars. Here our taxi is filling up in Benin where it is cheaper than Togo and the fuel comes from Nigeria. The funnels are lined with cloth to filter the rubbish from the fuel. Sadly many of the big petrol stations with their huge concrete forecourts are deserted as these stalls surround them and take their business. We had no problems crossing the

but the same hypocrite attempts to shout me down for pointing out that smuggling is always with the connivance of authorities.  

come and tell us that all our feul ends up in the whole of west africa becaue of three lines in a blog post

what a slowpoke!!

did your president not tell us he would secure our borders? do you think people looking for work are the same thing as terrorists? you think if mexicas were coming as terrorists the border would not be sealed tight?

do you have any brain at all?

ode. talking about the us, and illegal migrant workers  did you forget about Israels security fence?

keep on apologist for incompetence.
Re: And So The Rip Off Ended by Rhino5dm: 9:02am On Jan 02, 2012
My pay master i.e GEJ says thats the burden they have to live with. They should pray and fast for God to give other means of making endz meet

we cant allow wretched people slow our transformation agenda. Nigeria must transform for real.

~Bluetooth:

You guys should stop arguing unnecessarily,how about we look how this subsidy removal affects the ordinary Nigerians.i mean those that earn less than one dollar when subsidy was in place.what about the ripple effects on the economy,inflation and possible increase in crime rate.did jonathan consider all these ?
. .
Re: And So The Rip Off Ended by Nobody: 9:05am On Jan 02, 2012
~Bluetooth:

for where? the fool and his eediots on NL will tell you that only the rich were beneficiaries of the subsidy

there is a woman next door to me who runs a small business center. struggling. of course, she runs on a petrol gen 90% of the time

ditto for my barber, who recently raised his price from n150 to n200. what happens next? n400 for a haircut?
Re: And So The Rip Off Ended by ektbear: 9:09am On Jan 02, 2012
oyb:

all beaf is saying is that the government in benin is as incompetent as that in nigeria, if they cannot take measures to protect those who would invest infrastructure in the nation.

I don't think the Benin government did badly. If your neighbor is dumb enough to subsidize a product and simultaneously cannot control his border, you take advantage of it.

Or is there something that I am missing?

Cotonou port in the Benin Republic (at least if you believe some of the studies done) also has benefited tremendously from bans by the Nigerian FG.

In both cases, BR gains.
Re: And So The Rip Off Ended by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 02, 2012
Hardunnii:

^^^ you think badluck jonathan gives a bleep abt them
Rhino.5dm:

My pay master i.e GEJ says thats the burden they have to live with. They should pray and fast for God to give other means of making endz meet

we cant allow wretched people slow our transformation agenda. Nigeria must transform for real.
. .

So the poor are now a burden on him after deceiving them that he had no shoes.i can only wonder how they will make it since he has made life more miserable for them than any government we've had in the pastIt shows we have a demon as a president who doesnt care about the people that voted him into power.Isnt something like this supposed to go the way of a referendum since alarge percentage of Nigerians opposed this ?
Re: And So The Rip Off Ended by Nobody: 9:12am On Jan 02, 2012
Pee Dee Pee!!
Progress!!!

Re: And So The Rip Off Ended by Nobody: 9:13am On Jan 02, 2012
you have to wonder at teh sort of pea sized brains sported by the apologists for the gej administration

the US has been trying to stop mexicans for decades.

in their empty minds, illegal immigrants are in the same class as terrorists and economic sabotage

if gej has anything below that hat, he should simply put some of that 900 billion towards a security fence across the northern border.
Re: And So The Rip Off Ended by Beaf: 9:16am On Jan 02, 2012
oyb:

beaf has no probem ith making a case for smuggling across togo, burkina faso , niger(who have their own refinery) and cameroon based on one blog post by two oyibos hitchhiking through africa.

but the same hypocrite attempts to shout me down for pointing out that smuggling is always with the connivance of authorities.  

come and tell us that all our feul ends up in the whole of west africa becaue of three lines in a blog post

what a slowpoke!!

did your president not tell us he would secure our borders? do you think people looking for work are the same thing as terrorists? you think if mexicas were coming as terrorists the border would not be sealed tight?

do you have any brain at all?

ode. talking about the us, and illegal migrant workers  did you forget about Israels security fence?

keep on apologist for incompetence.

Poor metal-headed dunce. You must be the only person on Earth arguing that Benin Republic is not wholly reliant on smuggled oil from Nigeria, but then you are insane.

I would have suggested you take your smuggler hunting skill's to the Americans, because you've got a nose for such stuff. Tell them you detect smugglers because, "they have no lights, the windreen is a mess and teh driver looks out the front window." shocked
Damn! They just might lock you away at Guantanamo Bay, where they keep real crazies.
Re: And So The Rip Off Ended by Chubhie: 9:23am On Jan 02, 2012
As an agent in the field, once your cover has been blown you are officially declared dead by your pay masters.
Agent beaf doing his spining.
Re: And So The Rip Off Ended by Nobody: 9:26am On Jan 02, 2012
ekt_bear:

I don't think the Benin government did badly. If your neighbor is dumb enough to subsidize a product and simultaneously cannot control his border, you take advantage of it.

Or is there something that I am missing?

Cotonou port in the Benin Republic (at least if you believe some of the studies done) also has benefited tremendously from bans by the Nigerian FG.

In both cases, BR gains.

you have missed it completely

1) the govt of benin is not getting nything out of this. do those boys look like employed workers? smugglers are teh ones benefitting fro that

i posted this . as a capitalist, you should understand the implications.

it means benin is not a good business environment or legit marketers , since they have to compete with smugglers for customers. the cost of building a station is anything from 100 -  500 million naira. plenty of work and business for a lot of people. design firms, contractors, tank fabricators etal. there's also employment for workers. these street sellers undercut all that making further investment a no no.

just as in the case of the local refineries, there is a high risk to those who buy the fuel. if you have ever been in nigeria during fuel scarcity, you will know what i mean. there is no guarantee that teh fuel you buy from the road is 100% fuel . i remember once , we were traveling and we had no choice but to buy fuel from one of these road side hawkes as there was mad scarcity. our car stopped 30 minutes later. in retrospect, we were lucky the engine didn't knock or anything.

everybody loses in this, except the crooked govt officials and smuggler patrons.

the revenue from sales of this petrol s not going to the government. who knows where it is going? thats teh sort of reveue that funds armed robbery gangs, terrorism etal.
Re: And So The Rip Off Ended by Beaf: 9:27am On Jan 02, 2012
Chubhie:

As an agent in the field, once your cover has been blown you are officially declared dead by your pay masters.
Agent beaf doing his spining.

Maybe you think you are a filmwriter and NL is Holywood.
Contribute to the topic or waka! angry
Re: And So The Rip Off Ended by sheyguy: 9:35am On Jan 02, 2012
Beaf:

was there no smuggling in obj's time or in yar' adua's time Suddenly smuggling has taken N250b subsidy to N1,300b.
Smuggling of goods can be drastically reduced but we have a govt to lazy to think and act responsibly, if the govt of Gej is not a lazy and insensitive one why havent they given the pple clear direction of where we are going so far, during OBJ's time he tried to ban importation of certain goods to stimulate industries. Though he failed. what is Gej's govt plan and set targets? I am asking u beaf, cos u seem to know much abt Gej' govt and their direction.
Re: And So The Rip Off Ended by Hardunnii(f): 9:39am On Jan 02, 2012
@beaf i have one questn for you, if you are earnin 30k, would u still support subsidy removal
Re: And So The Rip Off Ended by Beaf: 9:41am On Jan 02, 2012
^
I would support it, but I wouldn't want it. In any case, there is no choice, it would have been impossible to keep the subsidy. We had very detailed warnings from financial guru's like Okonjo Iweala and Sanusi.

sheyguy:

was there no smuggling in obj's time or in yar' adua's time Suddenly smuggling has taken N250b subsidy to N1,300b.
Smuggling of goods can be drastically reduced but we have a govt to lazy to think and act responsibly, if the govt of Gej is not a lazy and insensitive one why havent they given the pple clear direction of where we are going so far, during OBJ's time he tried to ban importation of certain goods to stimulate industries. Though he failed. what is Gej's govt plan and set targets? I am asking u beaf, cos u seem to know much abt Gej' govt and their direction.

Were there fuel queues day-inday-out in Obj and Yar Adua's times? That should answer your question.
Abundant fuel costs much more than no fuel. Seen?

And, I do not know more about GEJ's govt than you do, I am a regular NLer like the next person.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

It Is Illegal To Hunt And Trade Endangered Wildlife In Nigeria - Environment Min / Jimi Agbaje And Freedom Misconception / Samad Rabiu Launches $100 Million Annual African Fund For Social Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.