Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Charging Battery With Solar Panel - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Charging Battery With Solar Panel (981 Views)

Can I Use Trailer Battery With Inverter / I Need Laptop Battery.(With Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Charging Battery With Solar Panel by bego: 3:29am On Jan 03, 2012
How can we accelerate solar charging of battery without buying more solar panel and it will charge effectively as if one use electricity?
Re: Charging Battery With Solar Panel by PasNet: 7:55am On Jan 03, 2012
What kinda charge controller do u use? some of this things really matter,but most of us fail to take cognisance. Also, the watt-age of the panel you want to use is also very significant, you can read more online bout this things or better still I can give you a free consultancy if you want to install any one
Re: Charging Battery With Solar Panel by FEMARY1: 8:14am On Jan 03, 2012
PasNet thanks for your offer of free consultancy. Please I will like to know if I a 90 watts solar panel connected to an inverter can power a 60watts tv directly without the need for a battery.
Re: Charging Battery With Solar Panel by PasNet: 12:09pm On Jan 03, 2012
FEMARY1:

PasNet thanks for your offer of free consultancy. Please I will like to know if I a 90 watts solar panel connected to an inverter can power a 60watts tv directly without the need for a battery.

What you shuld understand is, batteries act as both UPS and also step up or step down as the case may be, now for you not to use any battery at all means u are gabbaging in and out the output from the panel,most times we advice u use a charge controller and it is the charge controller that will do most of the gimmicks u want. To answer your question, you can use a panel to power your system directly but chances are, you might damage some of the component in your system,particularly systems such as your Television set. Also please note that some of the Panels you see in the market vary cos there is no specific design or mode of knowing how much power output you will get cos there is actually not meter that will tell you this is the amount of power the panel is generating except the manufactuer. So you really need to be careful you know.
Re: Charging Battery With Solar Panel by FEMARY1: 12:18pm On Jan 03, 2012
Thanks for your quick response. So are you saying with controllers installed there won't be problem using the panel directly. Remember am connecting the solar out to inverter first.Thank you.
Re: Charging Battery With Solar Panel by PasNet: 12:47pm On Jan 03, 2012
FEMARY1:

Thanks for your quick response. So are you saying with controllers installed there won't be problem using the panel directly. Remember am connecting the solar out to inverter first.Thank you.

Some inverters come with controllers so if your's come with one, den u dnt need another controller,just go ahead with ur installation
Re: Charging Battery With Solar Panel by FEMARY1: 2:47pm On Jan 03, 2012
Please how do I confirm the inverter has a controller built-in?
Re: Charging Battery With Solar Panel by PasNet: 3:55pm On Jan 03, 2012
Most inverters these day come with a built-in controller so you need not worry ur bbrain with that, only if you are looking for the 1st generation inverters den you will need to read you manufacturers mannual to find that out
Re: Charging Battery With Solar Panel by FEMARY1: 4:13pm On Jan 03, 2012
Okay thank you. But I bought my inverter from Gaoxinqi about 2years ago. Hope its still modern?
Re: Charging Battery With Solar Panel by chudieg(m): 2:30pm On Mar 07, 2012
one simple way to also increase the charging of your battery by your panels is to increase the thickness of the cables you used especially if your panels are far away.
Re: Charging Battery With Solar Panel by PasNet: 4:25am On Mar 13, 2012
Tackle that Energy problem today, use our Prostar range of products, it is convenient, affordable and reliable.

Contact us today
Mobile: 07043618474, 07039725264
BB Pin: 21E87D85
E-mail: pasnetechnologies@gmail.com

Some of our Products below
Re: Charging Battery With Solar Panel by PasNet: 4:40am On Mar 13, 2012
PasNet: Tackle that Energy problem today, use our Prostar range of products, it is convenient, affordable and reliable.

Contact us today

Re: Charging Battery With Solar Panel by PasNet: 4:45am On Mar 13, 2012
PasNet: Tackle that Energy problem today, use our Prostar range of products, it is convenient, affordable and reliable.

Contact us today

(1) (Reply)

Psp Go / Very Neat Nokia 5130xpres Music 4 Sale: Very Cheap / Multilinks Signal Yagi Antenna Call 080-677-180-31

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.