Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,915 members, 7,828,199 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Breaking News; F.g To Shut Down Black Berry Service Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News; F.g To Shut Down Black Berry Service Today (3547 Views)

Wike And Wife At Thanksgiving Service Today - Photos / Rivers Governorship Rerun: A Golden Opportunity To Shut The Mouth Of APC / Hoodlums Shut Down Alaba International Market On The Orders Of Tinubu's Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News; F.g To Shut Down Black Berry Service Today by adegeorge(m): 7:22am On Jan 03, 2012
Wary of the gathering storm of public resentment of its fuel subsidy removal, the Nigeria government might have prevailed on telecommunication service providers to shut down Blackberry Services (BIS) nationwide in order to prevent people from being able to organize protests against it.
Services will be disrupted by the companies today, January 3, following directives and threats from some people close to President Goodluck Jonathan.
It was gathered that the presidency has grown increasingly worried about the influence that social media has had in coordinating public opinion on the fuel subsidy issue.
The police have been directed to prevail and use force on any protesters. Insiders say the plan protest has sent jitters down the spine of the government, and that it is ready to use everything available at its disposal to nip it in bud

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/fuel-subsidy-protests-government-shut-down-blackberry-services
Re: Breaking News; F.g To Shut Down Black Berry Service Today by freecocoa(f): 7:28am On Jan 03, 2012
This is the height of insensitivity,its like that GEJ and his people are having mental problem.
This had better been a joke,how can they deliberately disrupt the services someone paid for?
Re: Breaking News; F.g To Shut Down Black Berry Service Today by Afam4eva(m): 7:30am On Jan 03, 2012
The end of Nigeria is near. Who gave Jonathan such insensitive advise? He should also shut facebook and twitter. Idiot.
Re: Breaking News; F.g To Shut Down Black Berry Service Today by OmoTier1(m): 7:31am On Jan 03, 2012
It is now becoming to clear to Nigerians that the FG is the REAL BOKO HARAM we have. This piece of information is no surprising because the loosed mouth, earth forsaken Minister of Information Mr. Labaran Maku, has being giving the signal for over three months now. I guess this was what they were taking home from their so TOWN HALL meetings with stakeholders right?

I have said it and I repeat, Jonathan is a coward. Oh is He now scared of the pockets of protest that has already began? Haha, no wonder they horriedly went and brought out Kayode and co to mediate and I am sorry this will not work this time around!  
Re: Breaking News; F.g To Shut Down Black Berry Service Today by Connoisseur(m): 7:32am On Jan 03, 2012
He should extend the threat to all ISP s and other network providers.
Re: Breaking News; F.g To Shut Down Black Berry Service Today by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 03, 2012
who are the pple that voted for this bastards badluck Jonathan?

May u rot in hell GEJ for causing so much pains on Nigerians
Re: Breaking News; F.g To Shut Down Black Berry Service Today by OmoTier1(m): 7:35am On Jan 03, 2012
afam4eva:

The end of Nigeria is near. Who gave Jonathan such insensitive advise? He should also shut facebook and twitter. .
Maybe Jonathan should also shut the "aproko" channels aka "madam sisi tori blind spots" and "Papa Okoro drinking joint" dotted all over the country,

Someone should tell Reuben Abati to inform Jonathan that more protest are in the offering in the next coming days and the Nigerian Economy is about to witness a lock down like never before in her history and no amount of BB services disruption will stop it!
Re: Breaking News; F.g To Shut Down Black Berry Service Today by Afam4eva(m): 7:39am On Jan 03, 2012
Nairaland may be a threat too.
Re: Breaking News; F.g To Shut Down Black Berry Service Today by Nadanbata: 7:42am On Jan 03, 2012
lmao! see twitter? #occupynigeria. See amount of posts cool cool
Re: Breaking News; F.g To Shut Down Black Berry Service Today by OmoTier1(m): 7:43am On Jan 03, 2012
afam4eva:

Nairaland may be a threat too.
FYI, Nairaland has being monitored since 31st of December 2011.Should Nairaland become a rallying point, sure We will do all it takes to get it going, especially those of us in the diaspora!

The era where a dictator can stiffle information flow is now history,  GEJ and His cabinets of COWARDs must realize that when the people say NO, then you have to listen,consult and adjust,  you do not dictate in a democracy!
Re: Breaking News; F.g To Shut Down Black Berry Service Today by dayokanu(m): 7:44am On Jan 03, 2012
Goodluck Nigeria
Re: Breaking News; F.g To Shut Down Black Berry Service Today by Pain(m): 7:53am On Jan 03, 2012
Who is the Most Unpopular President in Nigerian History?

Please submit your nominations. As for me I have never seen any president that has come under a salvo of swear words and public mistrust in the history of Nigeria like Good-luck Jonathan. He is indeed the epitome of incompetent leadership.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-837574.0.html
http://www.facebook.com/AJStream
Re: Breaking News; F.g To Shut Down Black Berry Service Today by OmoTier1(m): 8:04am On Jan 03, 2012
Pain:

Who is the Most Unpopular President in Nigerian History?

Please submit your nominations. As for me I have never seen any president that has come under a salvo of swear words and public mistrust in the history of Nigeria like Good-luck Jonathan. He is indeed the epitome of incompetent leadership.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-837574.0.html
http://www.facebook.com/AJStream
It ws no fluke when Nairalanders inducted GEJ into the "Nairaland Hall of Shame"
Re: Breaking News; F.g To Shut Down Black Berry Service Today by doctokwus: 8:13am On Jan 03, 2012
They better not touch any telecommunication matter.One is alredy disgusted seeing their heinous faces on tv;I wonder y that one that calls himself d info minister feels he shd always show his long neck on NTA,is it his personal property,disgusting people
Re: Breaking News; F.g To Shut Down Black Berry Service Today by Nobody: 8:27am On Jan 03, 2012
I dont want to believe this.
Re: Breaking News; F.g To Shut Down Black Berry Service Today by otokx(m): 8:32am On Jan 03, 2012
it is a lie
Re: Breaking News; F.g To Shut Down Black Berry Service Today by Andrew3(m): 8:44am On Jan 03, 2012
J12:

I dont want to believe this.
I am a believer, I believe grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Breaking News; F.g To Shut Down Black Berry Service Today by Odunnu: 9:03am On Jan 03, 2012
SR will stop at nothing to run this government down. Shut down BIS? Thats rubbish! What percentage of its populace use blackberry? Even if it happens, I doubt it'll have any effect. They may as well shut down all form of communication.
Re: Breaking News; F.g To Shut Down Black Berry Service Today by Demdem(m): 9:08am On Jan 03, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

FYI, Nairaland has being monitored since 31st of December 2011.Should Nairaland become a rallying point, sure We will do all it takes to get it going, especially those of us in the diaspora!

The era where a dictator can stiffle information flow is now history,  GEJ and His cabinets of COWARDs must realize that when the people say NO, then you have to listen,consult and adjust,  you do not dictate in a democracy!

I think this is true. Been noticing some strange faces outside my home of recent and I strongly believe they are those sss chaps. Seun may have probably been pressurized to give us up. No shaking, nothin will stop me from calling the retardeen what he is.
Re: Breaking News; F.g To Shut Down Black Berry Service Today by kokoA(m): 9:08am On Jan 03, 2012
Odunnu:

SR will stop at nothing to run this government down. Shut down BIS? Thats rubbish! What percentage of its populace use blackberry? Even if it happens, I doubt it'll have any effect. They may as well shut down all form of communication.

Noni! you are very correct!
Re: Breaking News; F.g To Shut Down Black Berry Service Today by sheyguy: 9:11am On Jan 03, 2012
I expect beaf and co. to be on google search looking 4 arguments in support of their brother.
Though they used it in egypt and other countries against their citizens, jonathan may just be laying foundation for his own downfall further.
We have come too far for this rubbish, UK govt never used such tactics, instead the police tried to intercept the messages and foil new gathering attempts.
Re: Breaking News; F.g To Shut Down Black Berry Service Today by Dyt(f): 9:44am On Jan 03, 2012
Demdem:

I think this is true. Been noticing some strange faces outside my home of recent and I strongly believe they are those sss chaps. Seun may have probably been pressurized to give us up. No shaking, nothin will stop me from calling the retardeen what he is.

buhahahahahahahah
Re: Breaking News; F.g To Shut Down Black Berry Service Today by jamace(m): 10:13am On Jan 03, 2012
LOL. grin grin grin Cock crow at dawn.
Re: Breaking News; F.g To Shut Down Black Berry Service Today by verbes002: 12:58pm On Jun 13, 2013
Hmmm.

Re: Breaking News; F.g To Shut Down Black Berry Service Today by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 13, 2013
grin

(1) (Reply)

My Egyptian Wife Just Had A Baby And She Is In School. - Sen Ahmed Yerima. / How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! / The Economist Hails Gej's Govt. Great Job GEJ!!! - Cramjones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.