Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! (3542 Views)

‘500 Ex-biafran Soldiers Died In Penury’ The Guardian / Nigeria Police - We Live Like Rats In The Barracks {picture} / Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! by MilesLamar(m): 8:10am On Oct 15, 2013
Today, I was in the Armed
Forces Reference Hospital (44)
at Kaduna to see a patient. I was outside the ward resting under a mango tree while my patient was receiving treatment; I later eares dropped into a conversation between a wounded soldier and a lieutenant under the tree.

From their conversation I got to understand the soldier was a victim of an ill-fated operation conducted by a poorly trained top Army officers whom misled
over 100 Nigerian soldiers, which 40 of them were led to
their untimely death from the
bullets of the Boko-Haram
warriors of Allah. The soldier
lamented over the operation, he narrowly escaped death by the whisker. He’d sustain bullet wounds on his right leg, now limping with crutches seeking medical attention in the hospital.

He told his comrade that when
they were ambushed, a sergeant was at his left side, while a lance-corporal was at his right hand side; when these uncivilized barbarians opened fire, we were all confused, because we never expected it at that time. An informant must have leaked our mission to them. Second, our commanders failed us. They failed to get a clear signal from the Nigerian Air-
force whom were to bombed
these militant camps before we
advanced. He just ordered us to move. We were like men walking into the mouth of a lions. Oga, they Killed our solders like rats, we managed to exchange fire, we were able to gunned-down
about 150 of these warriors of
Allah. The Rapid Grunet
Propeller (RGP) the sergeant was to use failed him, before he could switched to his A.K 47, the enemies bullets had already hits him. I managed to crawl when I was hit by their bullet, and I escaped.

Our superiors made mistakes,
Oga. Instead of them to order the dead soldiers to be
evacuated to university of
Maiduguri teaching hospital,
they brought 10 of our dead soldiers to the camp. When some of our soldiers saw them being laid down from the Van they corked their rifles in annoyance and started shooting sporadically into the air, they went to then commanding officer (C.O) tent, thinking he was inside and spread it with bullets. All the officers ran away for safety. Some of these
soldiers went to Mogunon barrack submitted their rifles,
wrote resignation letters and
disappeared. Lets the worse
happen! Oga, you dey see me,
after this treatment, I dey give Nigerian Army back their uniform o! Delta state no share
boundary with Bornu state o!
Take it easy, said the young
lieutenant. You don’t need to do that, he added. Oga, said the soldier, news done spread go meet ma family say I don die for that yeye operation wey officers dey just dash peeps know no anything for the army work..
see now, people’s fathers,
brothers, uncle done just waste their lives for nothing, while thos yeye generals dey share billions for Abuja. wetin my I eyes see, I no fit talk am o! Now, my RSM dey call me say mak I report base for Maiduguri, God go Punish am, na the last time him go see me don pass…

Four days after the failed
operation, some Fulani men came to our camps to inform us they some of our dead soldiers bodies in bushes decomposing with
maggots. Oga, which kind work be dis? The soldier told the officer.

The young officer was just nodding his head in disappointment and said, toh,
Nigerian Army don spoil. The
officer said if only the
politicians can hands-off, just a week is enough to flush these Boko-Haram elements in those states. He also lamented when he was there (Bornu State) last year, on several occasion, they had sighted these enemies in their camps, but their Ogas will tell them to ignore them. The politicians are killing this
country, said the officer. Only
time will tell.

I felt the pulse of this young soldier, I felt pity for him and families of our fallen heroes. I quickly recalled three of my friends who had joined the Army as commissioned officers (SSC) and a soldier cousin of mine, all were deployed to Yobe and Bornu states for similar assignments, I had not heard from them for months, are they alive? Are they involved in the ill-fated operation? Only time will tell!

Bayei Zachiam..
Re: How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! by DuduNegro: 8:17am On Oct 15, 2013
May their souls rest in peace.
Re: How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! by Nobody: 8:18am On Oct 15, 2013
Killin dere fell0w human bein,all in d name of allah...ah bliv say n0 b allah wey ah dey serve sha...alhammdulilah
Re: How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! by Dolcilicious(f): 8:18am On Oct 15, 2013
Y d continous mention of warriors of Allah? undecided
Re: How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! by RINE1: 8:32am On Oct 15, 2013
I weep for this country!.
Re: How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! by Nobody: 8:33am On Oct 15, 2013
Dolcilicious: Y d continous mention of warriors of Allah? undecided
dats what they(boko harams) call demslves and mind u, dats wat dey are!
Re: How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! by joshbam: 8:36am On Oct 15, 2013
Do you know what ambush really means
They wouldn't know their enemies were in the bush hunting them, i'm expecting everybody to even say the Soldiers tried for even shooting at them too, and they said they shot up to 150 of them, that's to say they were very many in the bush...

RIP to the dead and Kudos to those who were able to escape...

Thank God for their lives

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! by idupaul: 8:37am On Oct 15, 2013
The Rapid Grunet
Propeller (RGP) the sergeant was to use failed him,
before he could switched to his A.K 47, the enemies
bullets had already hits him.

Na wa Nigeria Army has weapon unknown to majority of Mankind. .RAPID GRUNET PROPELLER

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 15, 2013
Is it today u knew that Nigeria soldiers die like rats,,,the only time they flex muscles is when a western power is behind dem,,, they showed power when fighting biafran war because western powers like d UK,Russia,Egypt wz behind dem,,, they wanted to fight for Bakassi but d moment they looked behind and noticed that no western power was behind dem they gave out Bakassi to ordinary cameroun without a gun shut...lol

6 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! by Joyfullyme: 8:39am On Oct 15, 2013
This is an article by a boko haram propaganda agent.
The tittle on its own tells a lot about him.
Terrorism is about trying to instill fear in the people trough violence and that is what he is trying to do.

4 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 15, 2013
but wait o! is it possible for a NCO(sergeant) to stand before a junior CO(lieutenant) and rain abuse on senior COs(generals)? just wondering

4 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! by joshbam: 8:49am On Oct 15, 2013
lygn19: Is it today u knew that Nigeria soldiers die like rats,,,the only time they flex muscles is when a western power is behind dem,,, they showed power when fighting biafran war because western powers like d UK,Russia,Egypt wz behind dem,,, they wanted to fight for Bakassi but d moment they looked behind and noticed that no western power was behind dem they gave out Bakassi to ordinary cameroun without a gun shut...lol
we're here discussing an important issue, you are calling Biafra.....
Must you tribalize every Thread??
For your information, they gave you what you deserved

6 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 15, 2013
Joyfullyme: This is an article by a boko haram propaganda agent.
The tittle on its own tells a lot about him.
Terrorism is about trying to instill fear in the people trough violence and that is what he is trying to do.
I seem to agree wit u! thnk of how the write up keep refering to bokoharam as warrior of Allah! dat seems to be praising them(boko harams)

3 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! by malele(m): 8:57am On Oct 15, 2013
ga, you dey see me,
after this treatment, I dey give Nigerian Army back their uniform o! Delta state no share
boundary with Bornu state o![quote][/quote] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! by Ngwakwe: 8:58am On Oct 15, 2013
The Occupational Hazards in Nigeria Armed Forces have reached unacceptable rating hence I will advise young soldiers to consider resignation if strategic operational guidelines are not revised and implemented for effective combat mission.

An informant must have leaked our mission to them. Second, our commanders failed us. They failed to get a clear signal from the Nigerian Air-
force whom were to bombed
these militant camps before we
advanced.

He just ordered us to move. We were like men walking into the mouth of a lions. Oga, they Killed our solders like rats, we managed to exchange fire, we were able to gunned-down
about 150 of these warriors of
Allah.

I dey give Nigerian Army back their uniform o! Delta state no share
boundary with Bornu state o!
Take it easy, said the young
lieutenant.

Sympathisers of "Soldiers of Allah" are doing their best to sabotage this administration from inside.

The
officer said if only the
politicians can hands-off, just a week is enough to flush these Boko-Haram elements in those states. He also lamented when he was there (Bornu State) last year, on several occasion, they had sighted these enemies in their camps, but their Ogas will tell them to ignore them. The politicians are killing this
country, said the officer. Only
time will tell.

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! by armadeo(m): 9:04am On Oct 15, 2013
Oladiran: but wait o! is it possible for a NCO(sergeant) to stand before a junior CO(lieutenant) and rain abuse on senior COs(generals)? just wondering

Dem neva born the NCO wen wan do this one.
Re: How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! by achi4u(m): 9:10am On Oct 15, 2013
Things are not going the right way in this country anymore.
When ppl are beginning to lament this way (as op posited),know it that nigeria as a country is finished.
The earlier we divide this nation and allow everybody to go their separate ways ...the better.

To the fallen heroes I say RIP

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! by collynzo2(m): 9:12am On Oct 15, 2013
Fictional story.

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! by collynzo2(m): 9:13am On Oct 15, 2013
Dolcilicious: Y d continous mention of warriors of Allah? undecided
To let those who have brains know that the story is fictional.
Re: How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 15, 2013
joshbam: we're here discussing an important issue, you are calling Biafra.....
Must you tribalize every Thread??
For your information, they gave you what you deserved
For ur information the Army received a fair share of its wages.

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 15, 2013
armadeo:

Dem neva born the NCO wen wan do this one.
thoooo! I thnk anybdy wu comdemn govt or NA based on dis write up must be a .....!

I dnt want to call dem a fooool.

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! by joshbam: 9:35am On Oct 15, 2013
lygn19:
For ur information the Army received a fair share of its wages.
so you're a celebrating the fiction....
Maybe you'll stop celebrating this evil act when one of your relative would lose his or her life via this act
Re: How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 15, 2013
Have said dis b4 here,who is callin it fiction??
If yhu in lagos nd ve frnds in dodan barracks(81 division) or ikeja u will kn many soldiers ve gone nd odas are avoidn da mission,da ambush he talkd abt was successful due to an informat amng dem whch was a soldier from ikorodu barracks nd dey saw 25million in his account few days afta d ambush.......da media aint coverin all des!

U want to fight terrorist but u failed to get new and model weapons as the rumour ve it in da barracks dis boko boys are beta and far equiped dan da military......oga in abj kip eatn billions met for security
Re: How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! by ocelot2006(m): 9:59am On Oct 15, 2013
idupaul: .

Na wa Nigeria Army has weapon unknown to majority of Mankind. .RAPID GRUNET PROPELLER

I'm sure he meant Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG).
Re: How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! by ocelot2006(m): 10:03am On Oct 15, 2013
xule20: Have said dis b4 here,who is callin it fiction??
If yhu in lagos nd ve frnds in dodan barracks(81 division) or ikeja u will kn many soldiers ve gone nd odas are avoidn da mission,da ambush he talkd abt was successful due to an informat amng dem whch was a soldier from ikorodu barracks nd dey saw 25million in his account few days afta d ambush.......da media aint coverin all des!

U want to fight terrorist but u failed to get new and model weapons as the rumour ve it in da barracks dis boko boys are beta and far equiped dan da military......oga in abj kip eatn billions met for security

Winning a war is not about just getting new and "model" weapons. Obviously, Operational Security (OPSEC) was compromised. what a pity. RiP to our fallen warriors.

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 15, 2013
joshbam: so you're a celebrating the fiction....
Maybe you'll stop celebrating this evil act when one of your relative would lose his or her life via this act
LoL...ever since we were told dat our grand father lost his life in d 1966 progrom, u don't know how much our family dread d north,,, as I am now if I wz posted to Kano for my NYSC I wud hv redeployed. So hw do u ppl's boko haram want to get me or my family, or are they planning to come to the southsouth?
Re: How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! by joshbam: 10:15am On Oct 15, 2013
lygn19:
LoL...ever since we were told dat our grand father lost his life in d 1966 progrom, u don't know how much our family dread d north,,, as I am now if I wz posted to Kano for my NYSC I wud hv redeployed. So hw do u ppl's boko haram want to get me or my family, or are they planning to come to the southsouth?
i mean the Soldiers, and not Boko Haram.. For your information i'm from the south
Re: How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! by idupaul: 10:28am On Oct 15, 2013
ocelot2006:

I'm sure he meant Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG).

I know that's what he meant but I kinda love the RAPID GRUNET PROPELLER
Re: How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 15, 2013
joshbam: i mean the Soldiers, and not Boko Haram.. For your information i'm from the south
Do I look like I fu*king care?
Re: How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! by project8(m): 10:56am On Oct 15, 2013
Ngwakwe: The Occupational Hazards in Nigeria Armed Forces have reached unacceptable rating hence I will advise young soldiers to consider resignation if strategic operational guidelines are not revised and implemented for effective combat mission.

One of my cousin is a leutanant said d senior officer is frm the southeast.nowonder his name was nt mentioned,had it bn a northern senior officer that odered that operation,we wud by nw hearin his boko haram too ,he leaks d secret blablablaaa.na thunder go fire d real enemies of Nigeria,everytn is politiced ,nt fair d way our soldiers are treated,while d senior officers hide in abuja n share billions of naira fr security votes,out soldiers die like chickens on d battle filed.no wonder they dnt want d BH menace to end

Sympathisers of "Soldiers of Allah" are doing their best to sabotage this administration from inside.

Re: How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 15, 2013
But how do some nigerians think? Ist a lie that several soldiers died on dat day of ambush or is it even D only ambush against Boko Haram by D army that have occurred. Instead 4 u ppl to indict D govt, COAS and top military personels of wickedness, by delibrately wasting nigeria citizens lives becus of money gotten frm security budget, u are here thinking frm twisted brians. It obvious, that Corruption and leak of information, poor air force facilities and others are D cost of this carnage. They should use D Hausas to fight D boko harams. In D fight against Mali insurgents which is bigger than Boko haram, how many personnel were lost by france or even other countries army? U ppl that are saying its fiction, and he is a Boko haram sympathiser u guys should go and take their position and see 4 urselfs.

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! by ckkris: 11:14am On Oct 15, 2013
Oladiran: thoooo! I thnk anybdy wu comdemn govt or NA based on dis write up must be a .....!

I dnt want to call dem a fooool.
Na today? This story is designed to embarrass the leadership of the Nigerian Armed Forces. And it won't work. Some people tried to discredit General Azazi until he was removed and killed. Lagos newspapers, and Fani Kayode, are now trying to discredit the Minister of Aviation. Others tried and failed to discredit the Minister of Petroleum. All this blackmail is a waste of their own time.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do APC Nairalanders Quote Azazi Wrongly? / Which Nigerian State Would You "DELETE" ?? / How To Receive Your 5000 Naira Monthly Stipend Promised By APC In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.