Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,443 members, 7,819,641 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? (1604 Views)

Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! / How Much Should A Warehouse Manager Get Paid As Salary? / Average Salary For A Lawyer In A Law Firm In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? by makemoney: 12:19pm On Oct 05, 2007
Do you think there is job security in Nigeria? What would an average Nigerian graduate do after 4 years of endless search for a worthwhile job befiting his qualifications.

I went through this situation for 4 years but as a Second class (Upper) graduate, I was not getting good offer in most places I applied for. Most were telling me N12,000 per month, what would you do if you were in my shoes?

Honest Opinions please
Re: Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? by walcolm(m): 2:06pm On Oct 05, 2007
Well, you have to weigh the pros and cons. ask yourself the following questions

do u have a means of sustenance e.g family willing and able to provide you food and shelter while you look for better opportunities?
can you do something more fruitful and productive with yourself in terms of financial returns if you dont accept this job?
will this job prevent you from looking for better jobs?

if your answers are yes to all of the above then you are better off without this job. but if No, then you might want to consider starting from there. there is no shame in humble beginnings.

the problem we have these days are young people with BIG wishes instead of BIG dreams. people who start small and dream big are ready to put in the mental and physical effort to make the dreams come true but most people want to have priviledges but are not ready to take the responsibilities that go with those priviledges

i started out in 2001 post NYSC as a part time computer lecturer for 5000 naira a month but i knew that was not the place for me and my answers to those questions i posed earlier were even yes at the time
Re: Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? by adebisi1(m): 2:14pm On Oct 05, 2007
that is suck dont accept it
Re: Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? by walcolm(m): 2:23pm On Oct 05, 2007
makemoney:

Do you think there is job security in Nigeria? What would an average Nigerian graduate do after 4 years of endless search for a worthwhile job befiting his qualifications.

I went through this situation for 4 years but as a Second class (Upper) graduate, I was not getting good offer in most places I applied for. Most were telling me N12,000 per month, what would you do if you were in my shoes?

there is no job security anywhere in the world not even in japan that used to give lifetime employment.

your 2.1 is no guarantee of anything, i expect that in four yrs you wrote many tests with other graduates, if you were not able to secure those jobs, that shld tell you that maybe you are not as good as you imagine you are and you need to keep working on yourself

dont forget the adage that says, 'to continue to be in front in a race, you need to run faster!'
Re: Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? by makemoney: 11:17am On Oct 06, 2007
Walcom, thank you very much for your encouragement and insight.
Yes, I did many tests, but I must inform you that most of the Bank test I did my name came out of the top 10. With 84% score. The last UBA test I did, I was no 4 with 82%. They interviewed a lot of us, but when it came to the group that I belong for interview, we were told we will be contacted through text  msgs. but none came.

Others (banks) said they dont accept above 27 or 30. Well I'm 32.

But I have succeeded in areas I never expected I would financially and that is working online and I make more than what most graduate only dream of.

I think I'm happy for that. I have stopped searching for a job anyway as I'm busy with e-commerce and email marketing.

Thanks for the input
Re: Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? by walcolm(m): 6:34pm On Oct 07, 2007
Excellent, so you actually found a job that pays you what you ought to be earning.

at your age, i agree it might be a challenge to get an entry level job so you might want to start prep'ing urself for leadership roles (supervisor, manager jobs etc) if you ever decide you want to work as an employee again

very good,

Keep it up
Re: Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? by Kashif(m): 6:02pm On Oct 12, 2007
makemoney appears to be a marketer. Those stories are make up. Lets try and do something else house grin grin
Re: Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? by titytee: 2:38am On Oct 18, 2007
i have heard and seen people collect such but yurkkkk!!!

never ever me.

I'd rather stay at home.
Re: Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? by rock2(m): 9:28am On Oct 19, 2007
12k is not good 4 a 2:1 graduate. it's slavery.

Funny enough, some will accept it. But come
to think of it, a corporate driver with just SSCE
can earn as much as 50K

The most important thing is for people to estimate
their self worth realistically and not settle for less.
Re: Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? by Ojurere(m): 9:50am On Oct 19, 2007
What would i say? It's so sad that a graduate of 2.1 is offered 12k per month. What is happening in this Country, people with lesser degree get the best jobs. I would just suggest you try and get a job that would give you at least 1year experience and then change your job.

I started working in 2000 and my first job paid me 8k but i started, though it was difficult yet i had to do it becos of the experience after that job i have change jobs from 2001 till date more than 6time and now i earn reasonably high income.

I would just say you give it a try just for the experience.
Re: Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? by viceb: 1:19pm On Oct 20, 2007
Well I started last year's September with a Media House. They were paying me about 18k and othere benefits made it abt 25k. Now I work in a PR firm and I get 40k but am not yet satisfied cos I came out with 2:1

Wut do u think Nairalanders?
Re: Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? by tkb417(m): 4:36pm On Oct 22, 2007
@makemoney
i think its cos you are 32. Try to borrow from relatives,friends et al and start something for yourself. Im sure you will employ someone in a couple of years. But, dont pay people 12k per month o.
@viceb
quit. 40k is shits. when will you buy a brand new car with that. Go and do masters or better still get another place. If u aint old like makemoney, u can get places that will give you 40*4 for starters.
Re: Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? by iykedee: 3:27pm On Nov 07, 2007
Even if I wasn't educated at all, I wldn't accept 12k, thats about 400 bucks daily, thanks but I can earn far more than that on my own without having to call any prick 'boss'
Re: Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? by victorious(m): 4:37pm On Nov 08, 2007
i got such offer with a lot of insult which i kept enduring , but later had to quit , it' actully a lebanese company, this people use nigerians and give them peanut , if i become president someday i will personally supervise their activities. fundamentally i pity our girls as they are in this shit.
Re: Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? by rukaiya(f): 10:34am On Jan 21, 2009
I sincerely won't take it. What sense would that make, As a corp member I earn double that amount and I cant boast of having savings. I'll rather spend that amount of money on self-improvement courses or maybe go into buisness. Getting a job isn't a do or die for me.
Re: Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? by yagochem(m): 11:29am On Jan 21, 2009
I have discovered an amazingly simple income system that will allow you and anyone else to earn an incredible income from home, just by using your computer and the Internet.

This system is called "The Safe cash System" and it does NOT involve any of the following:

* No building websites

* No selling products - in any way shape or form

* No advertising

* No data entry

* No Adsense

* No mailing lists

* No rebate processing

* No recruiting new members - this is not MLM

* No uplines or downlines

* No currency trading

* No chain letters

* No surveys or "paid to read" programs

I have been using this simple, system for the past couple of years to generate a mind-blowing income, and now I'm going to show you EXACTLY how.

Now I have absolutely no doubt that you've heard claims like that a thousand times before and you may have even tried a few programs already?

If you have tried then I can guarantee that you would have been required to do at least one of the following in order for you to make a profit:

1) Run a "pay per click" advertising campaign

2) Join affiliate programs

3) Recruit new members

4) Build websites

Sure, all of the above may be effective ways of making money, but are they for everyone?

Of course not!

Here's why:

1) "Pay per click" advertising costs have shot through the roof. Getting a decent ranking means paying more per click - most people end up losing money instead of making it.

2) Affiliate links and programs can be very confusing and overwhelming if you've never used them before.

3) Recruiting new members can be a waste of both time and money.

4) Building websites is time consuming, costly and too complicated for most people.

Forget about all of the above. In fact, forget EVERYTHING you think you know about making money online because I'm going to show you exactly how to make thousands of dollars by using methods that are so simple, so incredibly obvious, it still amazes me that they actually do exist.

For the past few months I have not had to sell one product, join one affiliate program or build a single website and I easily make above $2000 per day without fail.

THE PAY IS VIRTUALLY INSTANT

That's right, as soon as money goes into my online accounts, I am free to spend it! And since I don't have to rely on making sales I can just sit back, run the system and make a steady, GUARANTEED PROFIT each and everyday.

SOME MORE FACTS:

* Anyone in any country can make money with this

* This does not involve promoting affiliate products

* You will never have to run a pay per click advertising campaign

* You will not be applying for government grants

* This has nothing to do with MySpace, YouTube or anything else similar

* You will never need to work long hours

* This is not cash gifting

* This has nothing to do with investing in Real Estate

* This is not some "chain letter" scheme

* This is not "rebate processing"

* This is not a mail from home system

* You will never have to recruit anyone

* This is not a currency trading system

* You will never need to build or maintain websites

* This does not involve paid surveys or emails

* This is not envelope stuffing

THIS WILL NEVER BECOME SATURATED - EVER

This system is not based around selling or advertising - therefore competition means nothing. It doesn't matter if one or one million people do this - everyone can still earn as much as they want, whenever they want.

Market saturation is no issue. Some income systems are simply brilliant when they come out, but once everyone starts catching on, the competition increases and your earnings decrease.

This will never happen with Safe cash system - guaranteed. Everyone in your street or suburb could run this at the same time and you could all make just as much money - competition means nothing!

Safe cash system is an incredibly simple system - so simple, I bet that even a 12 year old could run this and make money. There is absolutely nothing complicated about it.

This is not a 500 page ebook and this is not some complicated money making course. This is a short, straight-to-the-point money making system that works without fail each and every time.

SO WHY AM I SHARING THIS WITH YOU?

Well firstly, as I mentioned above - competition is no issue. It doesn't matter how many people do this along with me because it will have absolutely no effect on my personal earnings.

Also, instead of saying something like "I just want to help people" or "I want to put an end to Internet scams" I'll simply be honest and say this,

Anything useful is worth selling for a price - plain and simple. People want to know how to make money and I'll gladly show them - for a price.

I show you how to make above $2000 every day by doing virtually nothing and you give me a small fee for that knowledge - that's a pretty fair transaction don't you think? Call Immediately Tel: 08054838259 or email olujco@yahoo.co.uk

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Job Of An International Graduate In Standard Chartered Bank? / Federal Task Force Job Unofficially Closes (what We Must Do) / Career Opportunity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.