Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? (1468 Views)

What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market / What Is Zenith Banks Salary For Entry Level (teller) Staff. / Salary For Customs(custom Recruitment) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? by makemoney: 12:26pm On Oct 05, 2007
Do you think there is job security in Nigeria? What would an average Nigerian graduate do after 4 years of endless search for a worthwhile job befiting his qualifications.

I went through this situation for 4 years but as a Second class (Upper) graduate, I was not getting good offer in most places I applied for. Most were telling me N12,000 per month, what would you do if you were in my shoes?

Honest opinions please
Re: Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? by showstopa: 1:09pm On Oct 05, 2007
suicide i suppose
Re: Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? by ifsez: 1:34pm On Oct 05, 2007
Showstop what an advice.Well i guess you've not been looking at the right places or you've not put in enough effort.Submit ur cv in all the bank head offices in lagos (they are mostly on the Island)and see if you wont be called.Submit ur cv in at least 30 places and see if you won't be called did you do that or you just went to two or three places?Keep trying never give up ok.Keep your head up .
Re: Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? by okeyz(m): 1:45pm On Oct 05, 2007
ol boy are u serious?!! even with ur 2.1 ,i dont blieve u ,if u really had a 2.1 then u would have cliched a job ,y dont u try some scholarship program they do take 2.1 students
Re: Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? by okeyz(m): 2:01pm On Oct 05, 2007
ol boy are u serious?!! even with ur 2.1 ,i dont blieve u ,if u really had a 2.1 then u would have cliched a job ,y dont u try some scholarship program they do take 2.1 students
Re: Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? by fadenike(f): 2:27pm On Oct 05, 2007
in the absence of none, i will advice you to accept the job especially if it is in your field of study. it will surely add to you and you will not be there for ever.
from there you can continue to apply to other places, u wouldnt know maybe that place is your stepping stone.
Above all, get God involve in all your doing he is able.
shallom.
Re: Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? by igbi: 3:13pm On Oct 05, 2007
do u think all job applicants with 2.1 has a job? i ve seen some applicants with first class without a job, so why will u say he didnt apply in the right places, what will u say about the high rate of unemployment in nigeria,so its only 2.2 and 3dr class applicants that r on the streets!! abeg ooooooooo
@ makemoney if the job is not more than ur TFare, take it and use the money to buy stamps,Newspapers and pay for cafe, keep applying Gods time its the best it will surely come even if it delays.i know someone who waited 4 yrs she just got 4 jobs chasing her today, its not easy i know i ve been there but patience is a virue
Re: Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? by ohwofasa(m): 4:36pm On Oct 05, 2007
Hello,
I would really urge you to take the job, better than being at home doing nadda.
Am in in a some what similar position but i earn 25k,{2.2}. i work with a contractor in PH, my boss (W.A.S.S.C.E) holder can't write! and i do all sort of jobs and run all sort of errand besides the project engineer am, belive me there are time that i just feel like shovin the job up his u know what, but i belive that's part of life's training process. WHAT DOESN'T KILL YOU MAKE'S YOU STRONGER!

So my guy take the job show them that you an do it better than they expect and who knows they may reconsider your salary when you show them what stuff you are made off!

SORRY FOR THE PREACHING.
Re: Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? by tollu: 12:29pm On Oct 06, 2007
There's absolutely no reason why anyone should accept such a job especially a 2.1 graduate that's except you can't defend the attainment of that grade. what's to be done with 12,000 men that's not up to scratch, i'll rather fry puff and shit on the roadside.
Take a stand and work hard towards it (prayer and jazz: whichever works for you), something would come along soon enough. Better still try being self-employed.
A company that is willing to pay that low has no use for your peculiar skills and is sure to work you whole body to the bone.
Re: Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? by realwale: 3:15pm On Oct 06, 2007
hi,house. getting a job in nigeria is more han u making 2.1, i made a 2.1 but roamed the street for 2yrs b4 finally getting a bank job.i had almost giving up on getting a good job,most of my friend with 2.1 are still out there,some are even better than me.so stop talking trash.
Re: Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? by joxhibit(m): 3:35pm On Oct 06, 2007
i think that you should take the jobs because every employer of labour is not willing to give you something substantial until he has evidence of what you can do for him that is to say that you have to motivate your employee so that he or she can motivate you. with time i believe that if he sees what you can do he or she would not like to let go. i would give you an instance with my own case, i started with 15,000, but when my boss saw that i was good in computers, management and science, he not only offered to pay me 60,000 but went ahead to give me a house also, so be focussed. bye
Re: Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? by tollu: 3:44pm On Oct 06, 2007
With 60,000 you don't even make up to a million naira per annum so when are you going to start living your life? as we all know, money makes the world go round.
We know it is not easy but those making it are making it big regardless of the 2.1 issue. So dream big and NEVER settle for less.
Re: Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? by lovemajek(f): 3:49pm On Oct 06, 2007
Take the job, and other thing will flow into places, and remember you have to take a step first,
Re: Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? by makemoney: 8:12pm On Oct 06, 2007
Thanks for all the contributions.

I think I found something worthwhile. I work online and I make good money. Moreso, I have my freedom to plan and look for other opportunities that frees my time.

Thanks so much.

I wish you all the best
Re: Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? by bob2039: 9:19pm On Oct 06, 2007
My brotha.i wouldnt deceive u ther much to life than the pay.dont take it.i have bein a victim of such situation mine was even 20k, and u knw what every1 in company even cleaner wil look down on you.and the psychological effect is the worst u can never give ur best!and u wil always be thinking is my life value these low, my friend dat said he got raise to 60k.ur employer mite be God sent but it rear to pass by.and wen u start under pay ,thay devalue you already and they wil take advantage of that, i even got a 15k job oposite my house afta i left that but i rejectd cos i realy suffrd 4rm psy of low pay job,.so guy kep tryn and av faith.7yrs graduat do get job.ur time wil surely cum!.and for 2.1 or 2.2 that aint got anytin to do, those bank dat say 2.1 .are kepin slot for their people with 2.2.so 2.1 grade dunt feel special by dat.
Re: Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? by makemoney: 9:22pm On Oct 06, 2007
Let me tell you a little bit about my efforts to secure a good job.

I did many tests, but I must inform you that most of the Bank test I did my name came out of the top 10. With 84% score. The last UBA test I did, I was no 4 with 82%. They interviewed a lot of us, but when it came to the group that I belong for interview, we were told we will be contacted through text msgs. but none came.

Others (banks) said they don't accept above 27 or 30. Well I'm 32.

But I have succeeded in areas I never expected I would financially and that is working online and I make more than what most graduate only dream of.

I think I'm happy for that. I have stopped searching for a job anyway as I'm busy with e-commerce and email marketing.

Thanks for the input
Re: Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? by bob2039: 12:07am On Oct 07, 2007
@makemoney that a great 1.i wish you luck as you trive, ur testimoni about that uba thing is similar to mine after display my name as people that passd til date i was neva reachd.wel wait for us wheather job or not i intend to join the online biz, even if i get mega pay job today i wil stil go into that.it an hobby for me, i hail u.and kep making money.
Re: Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? by ican(f): 1:52pm On Oct 08, 2007
@ makemoney
Hello, can you shed more light on what you mean by Online business. I think I am interested. have a nice day,
Re: Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? by amannivere(m): 8:10pm On Oct 08, 2007
@poster,
follow the link below and see why i would not even accept N120k/month salary.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-84365.0.html
Cheers
Re: Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? by bob2039: 9:29pm On Oct 08, 2007
@ makemoney. Yea that pretty interesting i always like to stay online.i cant acess your report nw cos am always using my phone to come online.bt dont u need a computer acess to do these your online biznes but i would need more than your free report.
Re: Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? by bob2039: 9:30pm On Oct 08, 2007
@ makemoney. Yea that pretty interesting i always like to stay online.i cant acess your report nw cos am always using my phone to come online.bt dont u need a computer acess to do these your online biznes but i would need more than your free report, thanx men am grateful for you concern.1 love
Re: Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? by bob2039: 9:30pm On Oct 08, 2007
@ makemoney. Yea that pretty interesting i always like to stay online.i cant acess your report nw cos am always using my phone to come online.bt dont u need a computer acess to do these your online biznes but i would need more than your free report, thanx men am grateful for you concern.1 love
Re: Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? by Buso4(m): 11:58am On Oct 09, 2007
Please Makemoney, I will like to contact you for details. Please can we talk at night. This is my num: 08037775220 or please send me ur email address or preferably ur number, i want to learn everything about this making money online. I am a 2:1 working in the security dept of FAAN although the pay is ok. I ve got a lot of time that i can invest in some other things. Please get me the details. God will bless u for me. Thanks. I am waiting for ur reply. my email addres is buso4@yahoo.com
Re: Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? by Buso4(m): 2:47pm On Oct 10, 2007
yeah i got ur mail. Just link me with ur glo line. may be we will talk in details at nite anytime i lay my hands on a glo line
Re: Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? by ohwofasa(m): 4:46pm On Oct 10, 2007
hey
sumbody is posting with my id,plsssssssss stop
Re: Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? by olaeli(m): 4:50pm On Oct 10, 2007
Sorry moneymaking, am just a little bit confused here, you came on the 5th of Oct asking for advice on weather to pick up a 12k job or not and the same you came on the 6th Oct to tell the house that you've gotten some great doing, I suppose your post is a marketting strategy (this I was able to confirm when I even decided to check your link) anyway I have nothing against you marketting your stuff but I feel you should have come clear instead of pulling the legs of the members unnecessarily. To those who need job do not give up there are jobs in this country you just need to first accept that in your mind and you don't necessarily need a god-father, I am serious, and to those who are business incline, follow your passion. Cheers, it is well
Re: Would You Accept N12,000/months As Salary For A 2.1 Graduate? by Kamali(m): 4:51pm On Oct 10, 2007
If you are using a public facility,always log out before leaving the system, on no occasion must you also give out your password to somebody else,

(1) (Reply)

Saipem Technical Test / Ui Pg Admission / Dli Unilag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.