Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,824 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! (13612 Views)

Mike Ezuruonye Speaks Chinese In Nollywood Movie / Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies / Top 10 Pirated Movies In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 03, 2012
Hello out there,if we take a look at the Nollywood industry,we will discover they produce movies especially for adults. A glance at Hollywood shows they have numerous movies for adults as well as high school movies for kids and teenagers,but in Nollywood,high school movies are ignored.As a script writer,I've written a lot of high school scripts.@ d moment I m in need of sponsors for my productions,I believe pepole need changes in the industry just like I do.if there is any means I can get sponsor or get connected,pls anyone out there can help me get started by reaching me on joycelyn4xploits@gmail.com or +2347035812580.I'm waiting,tanks!!
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by Jayboy124: 6:50pm On Jan 05, 2012
If you got a likeminded crew, do some shorts, trailers maybe. It's easier to sell yourself better that way.
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by omar22(m): 10:52am On Jan 06, 2012
You dont want a re-run of High SChool Musical (9ja version)

In reality where would you get up to kids between 15 - 18 years THAT COULD ACT

When we have an industry that uses a 30 plus as a uni student?

I could remember a Yoruba film were this lady squeezed into a jeans, with all the make up in the world trying to make her look like a Uni student? the next minute she's a housewife in her Iro and Buba,

1 Like

Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by Jayboy124: 11:02am On Jan 06, 2012
I saw Champions of our Time and realised we could get even children who are very good actors.

If we have producer ready for real high school stuff, then the talent will be found. There are good actors in our secondary schools.

2 Likes

Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by omar22(m): 12:10pm On Jan 06, 2012
Well but do we have film Producers / directors willing to go down that channel

Do you think the average Nigerian Nollywood fan is open minded for high school stuff, which could attract the attention of every Kid ranging from 5 to 18 yrs,

Its all about those who could see things others cant see.
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by Jayboy124: 12:56pm On Jan 06, 2012
The major problem will be that most producers won't wanna go that route shah. But it's a route that excites me as well especially if the screenplay is well written. Hopefully, soon people will go that way.
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 06, 2012
I know most producers are unwilling to go along that channel of production cos I have met with a few of them who were pessimistic about this new trend. This is why I need individual sponsors or any group or company. I don't intend using adults dressed in school uniforms to look younger, no, what I describe as high school movie is a film whereby 80% of the characters ages range between 12-20. One thing I know for sure is that not nigerians will appreciate it. I want to make smetin unique and not some copy and pasting the popular Walt Disney high school musicals to our own. I still look foward to hearing your views, ideas, connections or critisism.

3 Likes

Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by Jayboy124: 1:19pm On Jan 06, 2012
@Jenny, also do screenplays, most of my characters are usually in their 20s though. But I got one set mostly in a secondary school. Maybe we could exchange a few pages and see.
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by swill388: 10:42am On Apr 21, 2012
If you got a like minded crew, do some shorts, trailers maybe. It's easier to sell yourself better that way.

1 Like

Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by Nobody: 9:12pm On May 22, 2012
Jayboy124: @Jenny, also do screenplays, most of my characters are usually in their 20s though. But I got one set mostly in a secondary school. Maybe we could exchange a few pages and see.
jaybee, let s talk, we could get somethin done. Contact М̣̣̥̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ on ♍Ɣ mail above.thanks!
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by Jayboy124: 11:16pm On May 22, 2012
dollyangel: jaybee, let s talk, we could get somethin done. Contact М̣̣̥̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ on ♍Ɣ mail above.thanks!

Your mail? Resend it please.
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by luciano80(m): 2:39pm On May 23, 2012
omar22: You dont want a re-run of High SChool Musical (9ja version)

In reality where would you get up to kids between 15 - 18 years THAT COULD ACT

When we have an industry that uses a 30 plus as a uni student?

I could remember a Yoruba film were this lady squeezed into a jeans, with all the make up in the world trying to make her look like a Uni student? the next minute she's a housewife in her Iro and Buba,

dude...dats soo funny i tell ya!!!
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by Fhemmmy: 2:42pm On May 23, 2012
I think they first need to be able to do movies that makes sense.
I watched one Nigerian movie and i was so embarrassed cos i have some Ghana dudes over that day, in the movie, a dude was stab in the left eye, but when they were gonna bandage, the right eye was sealed and the next scene, it was the left eye and another scene was the right again.

1 Like

Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by mimifonwon(f): 3:16pm On May 23, 2012
jennypinky: Hello out there,if we take a look at the Nollywood industry,we will discover they produce movies especially for adults. A glance at Hollywood shows they have numerous movies for adults as well as high school movies for kids and teenagers,but in Nollywood,high school movies are ignored.As a script writer,I've written a lot of high school scripts.@ d moment I m in need of sponsors for my productions,I believe pepole need changes in the industry just like I do.if there is any means I can get sponsor or get connected,pls anyone out there can help me get started by reaching me on joycelyn4xploits@gmail.com or +2347035812580.I'm waiting,tanks!!

Can you give a synopsis of one or two of you scripts, maybe i can get my sis to look into them, she does movie production in the uk.
Make sure its not tribalistic. Goodluck!!
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by Murphy7h4: 3:28pm On May 23, 2012
very nice![img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by VOfficialR(m): 3:51pm On May 23, 2012
Hi @all,
I guess i have some stuffs to chip in... i also write movie scripts and most of my stuffs are "overated", what i know so far is that, movie producers, actors, etc are in different cliques, they actually dont collect stuffs from outside (major reason we are not developing)- the best way to sort for sponsors is to source abroad...
remember blood and oil (BBC) et al? that tells us that the world has an eye on Nigeria... they cant easily come here to do their researches coz of our security palava but they are more than willing to develop a very (extremely) good stories... If its helpful and/or you want some lil advice on my progress, we can talk.
I have just currently given two of my stuffs out in Nigeria (both told me to just chill until everything work out before i can expect anything- i.e. my stuffs are just out the for free)
My lil advice is not to start thinking about money (at all)....
What i work on now is TV game shows...
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by VOfficialR(m): 4:13pm On May 23, 2012
Fhemmmy: I think they first need to be able to do movies that makes sense.
I watched one Nigerian movie and i was so embarrassed cos i have some Ghana dudes over that day, in the movie, a dude was stab in the left eye, but when they were gonna bandage, the right eye was sealed and the next scene, it was the left eye and another scene was the right again.

Yeah.. those stuffs among other things are bound to happen. What actually happened there is a "continuity problem". It's either the person in charge of the continuity has been changed or the person handling the continuity is also handling another aspect. And... What you must know is that Nigerian movies can never compete with hollywood's (for now) because piracy is rampant here than any where in the world. Most of the movies we produce in Nigeria are low budget (i.e little financing/ little capital). In america, a good film produced around few million dollars should boast of at the very least (10 million copies of sale worldwide). Whereas, in Nigeria... If you spend 3million (naira) to produce a movie, little can you (as the owner) make over 4m because of PIRACY. That is why in nigeria,
1.) Popular actors and actresses you see on the screen are into drug so as to balance their outside the screen to the life in the screen.
2.) We produce many many many movies (which you cant expect to b all good) so as to make enough.
e.t.c.
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 23, 2012
Wow! I luv diz, hey lady u av dsame thought wit me... I luv high schools movies, seen teenagers. I do watch hollywood highschool movies, but i wonder y, nollywood don't do d same. I tink diz is a gud sujestn
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by VOfficialR(m): 4:37pm On May 23, 2012
@all,
The best way to make it in Nigeria (and in life) is not to expect any help i.e. dunno wait for nobody to help you..
The best way to do that, as an average Nigerian is to work on short plays (i.e. movies less than 30 mins [there are short films of less than a minute that wins award]).
With these few steps, i think you'll have a cute future in movie production...
1.) Try to buy/ steal a camera or a camcoder with at least 10MP, or buy a used one.
2.) If you can't afford that now, try to make friends with people that lease, a very good one is around 5K per day/2
3.) If you cant afford those stuffs, just hold on...
a.) write a very short script (browse the net or contact me to send some to you.)
b.) search the net or contact me to give you a list available short script competitions
4.) If you have your camera. Research on short film production (so far you started scripting without going to school, you can do this too)
5.) After that, call your friends and start working on it
6.) open a youtube account and do these
i). either make it secure or make it open(you can make money from your movies on youtube)
ii). either way, you are still good...
7.) Not forgetting the fact that you still have full moves O...
WHY I WENT THROUGH THAT IS BECAUSE, YOU CAN SELL SHORT FILMS, ENTER COMPETITIONS WITH SHORT FILM SCRIPTS, OR HAVE A BARGAINING POWER. CONTACT MOVIE PRODUCERS ABROAD AND GET THEM TO YOUR YOUTUBE PAGE TO SEE HOW VOOD YOU ARE, USE YOUR FILMS TO GET SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY ABROAD E.T.C
I DON TIRE!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by Ikengawo: 4:57pm On May 23, 2012
brilliant idea. the youth are the MAJORITY in nigeria and the older generation has been ignorant of that to their own determent. Go for it. New ideas and new faces make fortunes if marketed and made right.
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by Ekowise(m): 5:33pm On May 23, 2012
Very gud innovation my dear.
However, Nigerians ar d SHARP-SHARP money kind. Your idea wil cnsolidat nd sell at longrun very well. But Nigeria sponsor need ideas wit short tern pay.
But if u get sm1 who wil undastnd wht gud buz is all about 2 sponsor u, u go BLOOOO
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by Rakiai: 9:34pm On May 23, 2012
Aki and pawpaw can feature na ;DAki and pawpaw can feature na
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by Mrs1(m): 9:56pm On May 23, 2012
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by Nobody: 10:22pm On May 23, 2012
@ all, I really appreciate all your comments. U guys really made a lot of sense.thanks evryone
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 23, 2012
V_Official®:
@all,
The best way to make it in Nigeria (and in life) is not to expect any help i.e. dunno wait for nobody to help you..
The best way to do that, as an average Nigerian is to work on short plays (i.e. movies less than 30 mins [there are short films of less than a minute that wins award]).
With these few steps, i think you'll have a cute future in movie production...
1.) Try to buy/ steal a camera or a camcoder with at least 10MP, or buy a used one.
2.) If you can't afford that now, try to make friends with people that lease, a very good one is around 5K per day/2
3.) If you cant afford those stuffs, just hold on...
a.) write a very short script (browse the net or contact me to send some to you.)
b.) search the net or contact me to give you a list available short script competitions
4.) If you have your camera. Research on short film production (so far you started scripting without going to school, you can do this too)
5.) After that, call your friends and start working on it
6.) open a youtube account and do these
i). either make it secure or make it open(you can make money from your movies on youtube)
ii). either way, you are still good...
7.) Not forgetting the fact that you still have full moves O...
WHY I WENT THROUGH THAT IS BECAUSE, YOU CAN SELL SHORT FILMS, ENTER COMPETITIONS WITH SHORT FILM SCRIPTS, OR HAVE A BARGAINING POWER. CONTACT MOVIE PRODUCERS ABROAD AND GET THEM TO YOUR YOUTUBE PAGE TO SEE HOW VOOD YOU ARE, USE YOUR FILMS TO GET SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY ABROAD E.T.C
I DON TIRE!!!!!
thank you, pls can we talk better.try and send me a mail-joycelyn4xploits@gmail.com
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by adorebee(f): 10:33pm On May 23, 2012
(Champions of our time).hw can I forget this movie?acted by children,yet came out very very gud.How can I mEet that girl that played the̶̲̥̅̊ lead role-TREASURE OBASI.I must kiss d@ girl anyday I meet her.I ve always nursed this dreAm of becoming an actress,bt its fast passing away,cant wait to ve bay girl that wld share tthe same passion with me.I must make sure she pursues it @ poster kip up the̶̲̥̅̊ gud work,wish A̶̲̥̅♏ bouyant enuff to support u,bt all the̶̲̥̅̊ same.it wld neva be late.try and meet with the̶̲̥̅̊ producer of that movie.Seems he shares the̶̲̥̅̊ same view with you
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by Danigmatic(m): 10:49pm On May 23, 2012
Fhemmmy: I think they first need to be able to do movies that makes sense.

grin,,u were busy watching the eye..lol..@ OP I suggest u do a trailer,,when people ve seen a good work,,I bet sponsors will come in form of ads,,maybe u could run an opera,,go to second skuls,,crabs,do auditions and select the best,ve a good story line and a good HD camera...besides u will capture the other kids who would be motivated to act..nice idea though...
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by Nobody: 11:18pm On May 23, 2012
@Adorebee and danigmatic. Thanks a lot for ur suggestions.
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by larryhomie(m): 12:39am On May 24, 2012
Nigeria don't have a whole lot of things in place for that High school thingy. I think with the rate at which good movies are beginning to spring up plus the growing cinema culture, there are possibilities. There is a Nollywood movie database coming up, its worth checking out. www.nollywoodpecker.com
Like them on facebook www.facebook.com/nollywoodpecker
@nollywoodpecker
Re: Introducing High School Movies In Nollywood! by Nobody: 2:13am On May 24, 2012
jennypinky: I know most producers are unwilling to go along that channel of productions cos I have met with a few of them who are pessimistic about this new thrend of productions.This is why I need individual sponsors or any group or company.I don't intend using adults dressing in school uniforms to look younger,no,what I describe as high school movie is a film whereby 80% of the characters ages range between 12-20. One thing I know for sure is that not only nigerians will appreciate it but als0 people from all over the world especially USA who thinks we don't have better idea when it comes to high school productions rather than copying and pasting their popular Walt Disney high school musicals to our own productions.I still look foward to hearing your views,ideas,links,connections or critisism.
ur definitely right about that copy n paste thing! It is so embarassing pls if there are any improvements or work in progress let me know,tanx. My email is kimberlugee@gmail.com n am 22.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Trending Movie - A Man For Christmas By Gills Okeke (A Must Watch) / What Movies Actually Looked Like Before Visual Effects Were Added / New Movie Titled Don Jazzy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.