Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

confirmed, Jonathan Call For Emergency Meeting With Fec - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / confirmed, Jonathan Call For Emergency Meeting With Fec (1003 Views)

PDP Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over Wike’s Removal / APC Crisis: Governors Call Emergency Meeting As Osinbajo Meets Reps-elect / Confirmed. Jonathan has Destroyed The "Biggest Party In Africa". (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

confirmed, Jonathan Call For Emergency Meeting With Fec by aljharem3: 10:57pm On Jan 03, 2012
Just heard from a friend that Jonathan has called for an emergency meeting with the federal executive council based on the mass protest in the country. I just want to find out how true it is.
Re: confirmed, Jonathan Call For Emergency Meeting With Fec by aljharem3: 11:05pm On Jan 03, 2012
Confirmed

Subsidy: Jonathan summons emergency FEC meeting

ABUJA – IN a bid to ensure proper articulation of government’s policy direction on the implementation of the removal of fuel subsidy Goodluck Jonathan has called for an emergency Federal Executive Council, FEC, meeting, scheduled for tomorrow.

The Federal Government had at the last session in December, fixed the 2012 inaugural FEC meeting for January 11, 2012, but had to bring forward the first session to January 4, due to pressing issues.

Vanguard gathered that President Jonathan summoned the meeting which is expected to begin by noon, to lay bare government’s strategies for managing the looming government-labour face off over the subsidy removal.

It could not however be confirmed as at press time if the Dr Christopher Kolade subsidy reinvestment board and the Alfa Belgore labour negotiation committee will be inaugurated at the meeting.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/subsidy-jonathan-summons-emergency-fec-meeting/
Re: confirmed, Jonathan Call For Emergency Meeting With Fec by Nadanbata: 11:10pm On Jan 03, 2012
GEJ is scared. He has poked a sleeping beast cool cool cool

Even the people that agree with subsidy removal are outraged at 1) the timing 2) zero confidence that the money wont be chopped cool cool cool
Re: confirmed, Jonathan Call For Emergency Meeting With Fec by MeGaStReEt: 11:16pm On Jan 03, 2012
What Nigerians are doing presently is childs play. Thats not the kind of protest I would like to partake in. Lets f[i]u[/i]cking burn down this country make every body rest. carrying placard, singing and dancing is not for me. I am patiently oiling my tools down for the MAJOR revolution. Buzz me when you guys are ready. . . . #mybodydeyhot
Re: confirmed, Jonathan Call For Emergency Meeting With Fec by Mcleo007(m): 11:29pm On Jan 03, 2012
Slow poke of a man!
Re: confirmed, Jonathan Call For Emergency Meeting With Fec by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jan 03, 2012
I have had so many reasons to know that Jonathan is a weak leader but there will be nothing weak about reversing course on this issue.

The least I expect from the Presidency is to reverse to the status quo which is further consultation and decision to be reached in April.

Then I would expect a total scrap of the idea of removing fuel subsidy entirely. There is nothing weak in realising your mistakes and correcting them. In fact it takes courage for a man to own up to his mistakes and say "I got it wrong". If Jonathan has any clue this is what he will do at this time.

This fuel subsidy is an ill-timed and misplaced priority!!!!!
Re: confirmed, Jonathan Call For Emergency Meeting With Fec by aljharem3: 11:49pm On Jan 03, 2012
mikeansy:

I have had so many reasons to know that Jonathan is a weak leader but there will be nothing weak about reversing course on this issue.

The least I expect from the Presidency is to reverse to the status quo which is further consultation and decision to be reached in April.

Then I would expect a total scrap of the idea of removing fuel subsidy entirely. There is nothing weak in realising your mistakes and correcting them. In fact it takes courage for a man to own up to his mistakes and say "I got it wrong". If Jonathan has any clue this is what he will do at this time.

This fuel subsidy is an ill-timed and misplaced priority!!!!!
cool cool cool well said

(1) (Reply)

Stop Giving Boko Haram Media Coverage! / Reason Why Nigeria May Not Survive As A Nation. / 10 Facts You Need To Know About Fuel Subsidy(must Read).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.