Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,157 members, 7,835,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! (1808 Views)

Dele Momodu: Enough Of The Blame Game And Paranoia Of Buhari’s Cabinet / Blame The North For DSP Alamiesegha's Death / Why Blame Adefarasin ? He's replying Buhari's "don't vote non-muslim" Statement. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by BigB11(m): 3:43am On Jan 04, 2012
Many of us tried everything and anything to enlighten you folks, that Nigeria needed an experienced, charismatic, disciplined, powerful and knowledgeable leader at this very fragile moment, but you guys turned a deaf ear and elected an absolute basket as president. Now fetching water becomes impossible, and everybody is crying.
To be honest, I have no beef with our push-over president, as the dude meant no harm, but simply has no clue. My beef is with bright/intelligent Nigerians that refused to use their brains during the elections. How could you guys allow this to happen?
More than anything else, it was clearly predictable and pretty much written on the wall that Jonathan was weak and got absolutely nothing to offer, but noise makers from all angles wouldn't let us rest. Now that the fire is burning heavily, these f00ls are no where to be found.

Guys, I hate to reveal to you that this is just the beginning, ridiculousness is ahead and will be witnessed in action very soon.
You do not expect a fish to survive or to put up a good fight when its not in the water. Nigerians will have to pay for this mistake for the next 3.5 more years.
Therefore, hold on tight, the ride will be very rough.
cry  cry  cry  cry  cry  cry  cry  I cry for the innocent victims; the kids, the senior citizens and Mr. Nobody.
Re: Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by hollandis(f): 8:21am On Jan 04, 2012
Well written,well received
Re: Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by Depilot(m): 10:26pm On Jan 04, 2012
I'm starting to truly believe that not all Nigerians voted for this man, as they've claimed. In other words, Jonathan did not win the election.
It doesn't matter what the Supreme Court  says. Afterall, the same supreme courts affirmed the election of President Yaradua and we are still paying for this horrible decision today.
Our election process still needs a lot of work to make it right. And I believe this will become possible as soon as Nigerians start casting their votes based on intelligence and not just sentiments.

Goodluck Jonathan has no business in Aso Rock.
Re: Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by Toronto123: 10:30pm On Jan 04, 2012
A man that could not handle a debate, is President, lol, Nigeria!!!
Re: Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by Colonia(m): 9:46pm On Jan 07, 2012
Well said. I guess the people that voted based on the name "goodluck" should suck it up and deal with it. Nigerians will never learn. The ridiculous excuses that i heard why they voted for goodluck

- He was poor before never had a shoe till he was ten years Old,
- He is a christian
- He is educated
- He will be able to relate to ordinary Nigerian etc

all these BS , see where the country is today. When are we going to demand from those who are seeking power to show us what plan they have to make the country better? 2012 no stable power , people die daily from fever, typhoid etc , no good roads , security is out of the question. All the GOODLUCK advocate make una enjoy the fresh air .
Re: Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by Nadanbata: 9:51pm On Jan 07, 2012
Nigeria will learn from its mistake. One way or another January 1st 2012 will go down in Nigerias history. This fuel subsidy thing has woken up Nigerians finally. 2015 = end of PDP. Wether it means splitting the country or even as one Nigeria. cool cool cool
Re: Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by BIGERBOY1: 9:52pm On Jan 07, 2012
Word, guy word.

I take a bow
Re: Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by Nadanbata: 9:53pm On Jan 07, 2012
Depilot:

I'm starting to truly believe that not all Nigerians voted for this man, as they've claimed. In other words, Jonathan did not win the election.
It doesn't matter what the Supreme Court  says. Afterall, the same supreme courts affirmed the election of President Yaradua and we are still paying for this horrible decision today.
Our election process still needs a lot of work to make it right. And I believe this will become possible as soon as Nigerians start casting their votes based on intelligence and not just sentiments.

Goodluck Jonathan has no business in Aso Rock.

Of course he was rigged in. He had voters but the massive rigging and over inlfated votes was very clear to all that where not blinded by ethnicty/religon. cool cool cool
Re: Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by Dede1(m): 9:59pm On Jan 07, 2012
Nigeria is a practical joke kept alive by the flourishing guilt associated with Nigeria-Biafra civil war. The country has lost the innocence required for handling complex issues without fear or favor. The mountain of deceitfulness, heap of corruption, injustice, contemptuous and slimy dupes, inequality, sectionalism, lack of patriotism, indecency, self-denial and social decadence are by-products of the civil war.

It is arrant nonsense to point accusing fingers at the election of Goodluck Jonathan to the presidency as the source of Nigeria’s problems. The problem facing Nigeria is very fundamental and rooted in self-denial. 

Is there any reason why the northern borders of Nigeria are open to all manners of individuals, mainly Islamic fundamentalists, who have free liberty to import any kind of ammunition into the Nigeria while the southern borders are caged with best technology money can buy and militarized? I guess the crude oil or southern Nigeria is the golden goose.

If Boko Haram decides to march down south, I am not sure if the southerners could put up a good fight. I guess some southerners have the tendency to whip out brooms.

Both Apapa and Tin Can ports are roped with scanners. The southern creeks are patrolled by heavily armed soldiers and sailors. Southern Nigeria is an occupied zone and it sucks.
Re: Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jan 07, 2012
Big B1:

Many of us tried everything and anything to enlighten you folks, that Nigeria needed an experienced, charismatic, disciplined, powerful and knowledgeable leader at this very fragile moment, but you guys turned a deaf ear and elected an absolute basket as president. Now fetching water becomes impossible, and everybody is crying.
To be honest, I have no beef with our push-over president, as the dude meant no harm, but simply has no clue. My beef is with bright/intelligent Nigerians that refused to use their brains during the elections. How could you guys allow this to happen?
More than anything else, it was clearly predictable and pretty much written on the wall that Jonathan was weak and got absolutely nothing to offer, but noise makers from all angles wouldn't let us rest. Now that the fire is burning heavily, these f00ls are no where to be found.

Guys, I hate to reveal to you that this is just the beginning, ridiculousness is ahead and will be witnessed in action very soon.
You do not expect a fish to survive or to put up a good fight when its not in the water. Nigerians will have to pay for this mistake for the next 3.5 more years.
Therefore, hold on tight, the ride will be very rough.
cry  cry  cry  cry  cry  cry  cry  I cry for the innocent victims; the kids, the senior citizens and Mr. Nobody.

Nigerians were deceived by Jonathan but nobody would have opted for your option because you were also campaigning for IBB.
Re: Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jan 07, 2012
And who was the better choice if i may ask? Buhari? Please stop being hysterical. Any man or woman who has, at one time or another, participated in the take over of a democratically elected government, be it violently or subtly and had trumped the constitution of the land, the supreme laws of a land, has no business contesting for an elective office ever again irrespective of his refined personality or remorse for past deed and i would vote for a man with down syndrome before such a traitor.

If not for the moral, ethical and political decadence in Nigeria, Buhari would have been dead or on death row instead of parading his old azz looking for cheap popularity from brain dead eediots.
Re: Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by Kobojunkie: 11:08pm On Jan 07, 2012
^^^ There were 17 candidates on the Ballot last April. If you didn't like Buhari, you had 15 other candidates, many of them better qualified than Jonathan, whose record of over 12 years in leaderships shows him an incapable leader. Re-electing him into yet another political office made no sense at that time and even now.

So, buck up and accept responsibility for what is going on today in Nigeria.
Re: Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by Kobojunkie: 11:12pm On Jan 07, 2012
Big B1:

\To be honest, I have no beef with our push-over president, as the dude meant no harm, but simply has no clue.

I don't have any beef with the man myself, but I will not lie that he meant no harm. He meant harm the very minute he decided, knowing he lacked the skills,but still took on leadership role, after role. For what? So he can boast he served in government? Do you know how many lives have been lost to senseless violence since this man took office back in 2010? Do you know how many Nigerians are today wondering if there is a future for them on this planet as a result of his actions? Please, this man has contributed a great deal harm to lives in that country. Regardless of what WE THINK his intentions may be the fact is has caused much harm.
Re: Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jan 07, 2012
Kobojunkie:

^^^ There were 17 candidates on the Ballot last April. If you didn't like Buhari, you had 15 other candidates, many of them better qualified than Jonathan whose recorded showed that he was no leader and re-electing him into yet another political office made no sense.

So, buck up and accept responsibility for what is going on today in Nigeria.

Since you knew there were other candidates better than Jonathan and Buhari, why were you also campaigning for Buhari if not to cause mischief since everybody and his dogs knew Buhari was up to no good and a washed up, senile and frustrated politician who the country has rejected numerous times.

Goodluck was a new face and appeared more sincere than the other clowns except Ribadu who i would have gone for if not that his mentor is a known international fraudster and criminal in the name of Bola Tinubu.

I wouldn't vote for Jonathan anymore but if the option would be between him and Buhari, bet your azz i would be going for him.

Buhari is old news and should go and die in peace.
Re: Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by tpia5: 11:20pm On Jan 07, 2012
a leader is a reflection of the people.
Re: Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by Kobojunkie: 11:23pm On Jan 07, 2012
Bandit C.:

Since you knew there were other candidates better than Jonathan and Buhari, why were you also campaigning for Buhari if not to cause mischief since everybody and his dogs knew Buhari was up to no good and a washed up, senile and frustrated politician who the country has rejected numerous times.

Goodluck was a new face and appeared more sincere than the other clowns except Ribadu who i would have gone for if not that his mentor is a known international fraudster and criminal in the name of Bola Tinubu.

I wouldn't vote for Jonathan anymore but if the option would be between him and Buhari, bet your azz i would be going for him.

Buhari is old news and should go and die in peace.

CORRECTION FOR YOU THERE: You made the claim that the other option on the ballot was Buhari. I simply corrected you there by stating the fact which is that there were15 other choices IF YOU did not approve of a Buhari government. You cannot now pretend there were no other choices because that is a BOLD FACED LIE.

15 OTHER CANDIDATES were on that ballot but you, for non common sense related reasons, chose to vote the one man on the list, with the longest record of failings as a leader. You should not be fishing for excuses of trying to deflect from the reality of what happened 8 months ago.

Since you voted for his FACE,at least be willing to accept responsibility for what is happening today in Nigeria. That is all.
Re: Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by muyoto: 11:24pm On Jan 07, 2012
tpia@:

a leader is a reflection of the people.

. . .that voted him in.
Re: Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by emiye(m): 11:26pm On Jan 07, 2012
Bandit C.:

And who was the better choice if i may ask? Buhari? Please stop being hysterical. Any man or woman who has, at one time or another, participated in the take over of a democratically elected government, be it violently or subtly and had trumped the constitution of the land, the supreme laws of a land, has no business contesting for an elective office ever again irrespective of his refined personality or remorse for past deed and i would vote for a man with down syndrome before such a traitor.

If not for the moral, ethical and political decadence in Nigeria, Buhari would have been dead or on death row instead of parading his old azz looking for cheap popularity from brain dead eediots.

I think an average Ghanian still respects Jerry Rawlings! No?
Re: Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by CyberG: 11:33pm On Jan 07, 2012
Dede1:

Nigeria is a practical joke kept alive by the flourishing guilt associated with Nigeria-Biafra civil war. The country has lost the innocence required for handling complex issues without fear or favor. The mountain of deceitfulness, heap of corruption, injustice, contemptuous and slimy dupes, inequality, sectionalism, lack of patriotism, indecency, self-denial and social decadence are by-products of the civil war.

It is arrant nonsense to point accusing fingers at the election of Goodluck Jonathan to the presidency as the source of Nigeria’s problems. The problem facing Nigeria is very fundamental and rooted in self-denial. 

Is there any reason why the northern borders of Nigeria are open to all manners of individuals, mainly Islamic fundamentalists, who have free liberty to import any kind of ammunition into the Nigeria while the southern borders are caged with best technology money can buy and militarized? I guess the crude oil or southern Nigeria is the golden goose.

If Boko Haram decides to march down south, I am not sure if the southerners could put up a good fight. I guess some southerners have the tendency to whip out brooms.

Both Apapa and Tin Can ports are roped with scanners. The southern creeks are patrolled by heavily armed soldiers and sailors. Southern Nigeria is an occupied zone and it sucks.

Dende0. . .were you CURSED with the civil war or what? This discussion has nothing to do with war except that Ebelechuwkumumu deceived SS and SE using your golden weapons , TRIBALISM AND BIGOTRY, to con you into voting him for president! Even dead and sick Yaradua makes your god-president look like a scumbag loser imbecilee! You carry a big chip on your shoulder ruuning off at the mouth about a war you only saw in your horrid dreams! Get off your useless low horse and wake up to reality before you are sold for 1 kobo in that god-forsaken country you and your ilks have run into the ground!
Re: Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jan 07, 2012
Kobojunkie:

CORRECTION FOR YOU THERE: You made the claim that the other option on the ballot was Buhari. I simply corrected you there by stating the fact which is that there were15 other choices IF YOU did not approve of a Buhari government. You cannot now pretend there were no other choices because that is a BOLD FACED LIE. [size=13pt]15 OTHER CANDIDATES were on that ballot but you, for non common sense related reasons, chose to vote the one man on the list with the longest record of failure as a leader.[/size]

[size=13pt]Since you voted for his FACE,at least be willing to accept responsibility for what is happening today in Nigeria. That is all. [/size]

First of all, kindly reduce your font when replying me thanks.

Now the other option for me was just Jonathan, since Ribadu was no longer viable to me. My conviction is that Nigeria needs a really strong party with high representation at the houses to be able to maintain control at the center and carry through policies and PDP was that option since if i voted otherwise, it would be for Buhari which is a capital no.

There is a reason most people around the world hear about only Democrats and Republicans when US politics is involved even though there are numerous other no name parties. It has to do with size.
Re: Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jan 07, 2012
emiye:

I think an average Ghanian still respects Jerry Rawlings! No?

Because Rawlings coup was essential and desired by the masses. Nigerians didn't want or request Buhari's takeover and he had no intention to relinquish power back to the civies.
Re: Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by Kobojunkie: 11:38pm On Jan 07, 2012
Bandit C.:

First of all, kindly reduce your font when replying me thanks.

Now the other option for me was just Jonathan, since Ribadu was no longer viable to me. My conviction is that Nigeria needs a really strong party with high representation at the houses to be able to maintain control at the center and carry through policies and PDP was that option since if i voted otherwise, it would be for Buhari which is a capital no.

There is a reason most people around the world hear about only Democrats and Republicans when US politics is involved even though there are numerous other no name parties. It has to do with size.

I don't give a flying f** what story you have to tell me or anyone now. Fact is out of 17 candidates you chose the one candidate who had AN ACTUAL RECORD showing him incapable of being a leader of any sort.

Notice I did not say he had no record -- he had one and still has one that shows he is not a leader. That is the man you chose. That you should focus on owning. Not telling us sad stories of how you need your actions to make sense to us now. It will never make sense.
Re: Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by BlackPikiN(m): 11:45pm On Jan 07, 2012
CyberG:

Dende0. . .were you CURSED with the civil war or what? This discussion has nothing to do with war except that[b] Ebelechuwkumumu deceived SS and SE[/b] using your golden weapons , TRIBALISM AND BIGOTRY, to con you into voting him for president! Even dead and sick Yaradua makes your god-president look like a scumbag loser imbecilee! You carry a big chip on your shoulder ruuning off at the mouth about a war you only saw in your horrid dreams! Get off your useless low horse and wake up to reality before you are sold for 1 kobo in that god-forsaken country[b] you and your ilks have run into the ground[/b]!

Are you CURSED?
Re: Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by emiye(m): 11:49pm On Jan 07, 2012
Bandit C.:

Because Rawlings coup was essential and desired by the masses. Nigerians didn't want or request Buhari's takeover and he had no intention to relinquish power back to the civies.

your assertions are not true to situation.  

The second republic and the aborted third republic (shagari-Oct 1979-Dec 1983 ) were epitome of corruption. You need to understand the situation then, poverty and high handedness were the other of the day. One of the top cabinet ministers Umaru dikko when confronted with the rising poverty profile, said "Nigerians are not yet feeding from the wastebin".

There are many white elephant projects awarded then, still not completed. The Buhari takeover was essential and desired based on the prevailing political climate.
Re: Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by emiye(m): 11:52pm On Jan 07, 2012
Maybe Buhari's error was not taking the Jerry rawling's route of executing those corrupt politicians, a sizeable part of those politicians still have tentacles within the political arena
Re: Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jan 07, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Fact is out of 17 candidates you chose the one candidate who had AN ACTUAL RECORD showing him incapable of being a leader of any sort.

The highlighted makes no sense to me at all and i have no idea what message you are trying to pass across.

Secondly, since you were not interested in my cock and bull tales, why did you refer to me or did i make a mistake.

I weighed my options thoroughly before casting the vote and i often vote with my senses intact and would do it again if faced with the same odds so i have no idea why some of you are throwing tantrums and beating yourselves up over another person's choice. Na wao.

Finally, the whole ''i don't give a flying f**k'' comment does not make you appear cool or hip, it makes you sound like a toddler.
Re: Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by emiye(m): 12:00am On Jan 08, 2012
Nigerians should vote the "BEST OF THE CONTENDERS" We only had 3 contenders at the last poll.

Jonathan was the worst of the contenders !
Re: Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by isalegan2: 12:00am On Jan 08, 2012
Big B1:

. . . you guys turned a deaf ear and elected an absolute basket as president. Now fetching water becomes impossible, and everybody is crying.

OP,
I also do not consider Jonathan to be a nefarious "evil genius" bent on stealing all he can and leaving the country in ruins.  Rather, he is simply not equipped for such a position of power and influence - can't stand up to the likes of OBJ and the other tough guys, foreign and domestic, pulling his strings.  It's unfortunate for him and us that he seems to find himself in professionally beneficial circumstances, isn't it?  

As for blaming the Nigerian electorate?  We can't cast the election all over again.  Even if we could, can you guarantee PDP wouldn't still win without a benefit of a run-off?  If indeed there was some rigging in April, then you can't hold the country as a whole for "electing" him.  

We're in the soup.  undecided
Re: Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by Kobojunkie: 12:00am On Jan 08, 2012
Nadanbata:

Nigeria will learn from its mistake. One way or another January 1st 2012 will go down in Nigerias history. This fuel subsidy thing has woken up Nigerians finally. 2015 = end of PDP. Wether it means splitting the country or even as one Nigeria. cool cool cool

I laugh in boko haram!!! Nigerians learn from their mistake??
Re: Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by Kobojunkie: 12:02am On Jan 08, 2012
emiye:

Nigerians should vote the "BEST OF THE CONTENDERS" We only had 3 contenders at the last poll.

Jonathan was the worst of the contenders !  

Correct yourself please. There were 17 candidates of which Jonathan was the only one with an almost 12 year long record proving him an incapable leader. He was the only one who had been in office and in all that time has not even one recognizable accomplishment for all that the Nigerian people had vested in him.
Re: Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by emiye(m): 12:07am On Jan 08, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Correct yourself please. There were 17 candidates of which Jonathan was the only one with an almost 12 year long record proving him an incapable leader. He was the only one who had been in office and in all that time has not even one recognizable accomplishment for all that the Nigerian people had vested in him.

In every election, there are contenders and pretenders.

A month or 2 month before, any sensible person should be able to separate contenders from pretenders.

It is possible there are better canditates in the pretender list.

Opinion polls is one way to do that. IMHO any candidate that can garner 15% in opinion poll can be referred to as a contender.
Re: Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by Nobody: 12:08am On Jan 08, 2012
emiye:

your assertions are not true to situation.  

The second republic and the aborted third republic (shagari-Oct 1979-Dec 1983 ) were epitome of corruption. You need to understand the situation then, poverty and high handedness were the other of the day. One of the top cabinet ministers Umaru dikko when confronted with the rising poverty profile, said "Nigerians are not yet feeding from the wastebin".

There are many white elephant projects awarded then, still not completed. The Buhari takeover was essential and desired based on the prevailing political climate.

Partially true with the corruption part but the third republic was just commencing. People were fresh out of elections and were not demanding for a hero, talk more of a military hero. I am not and would never be an advocate of military coups unless the nation is in a losing war from external aggression and the elected president can no longer guarantee the safety of the populace.

Buhari has always been power hungry and needed the flimsiest excuse to overthrow the government. Why couldn't he allow the young democracy to nurture? huh?

As far as i know, he is a part of the criminals that brought Nigeria to it's knees and has no business participating in what he denied the people.

If i were president, he would be among the first to be executed and fed to the vultures. That is my stance.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria No Longer Imports Cement!! / Aluu 4: Port Harcourt Stands Still As Toku Is Buried / Where Is Dora Akunyili?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.