Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! (1801 Views)

Dele Momodu: Enough Of The Blame Game And Paranoia Of Buhari’s Cabinet / Blame The North For DSP Alamiesegha's Death / Why Blame Adefarasin ? He's replying Buhari's "don't vote non-muslim" Statement. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by Kobojunkie: 12:14am On Jan 08, 2012
emiye:

In every election, there are contenders and pretenders.

A month or 2 month before, any sensible person should be able to separate contenders from pretenders.

It is possible there are better canditates in the pretender list.

Opinion polls is one way to do that. IMHO any candidate that can garner 15% in opinion poll can be referred to as a contender.

Again, there were 17 names on the ballot as of the day of the Election. If you want to call them contenders or pretenders, that is up to you. However, let us not deceive ourselves into believing there were only 3 or 2 choices. There were more, and so no reason for why anyone would vote an incapable leader into office.
Re: Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by Nadanbata: 12:25am On Jan 08, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I laugh in boko haram!!! Nigerians learn from their mistake??

lol I do think so o. This outrage is different o tongue
Re: Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by Kobojunkie: 12:44am On Jan 08, 2012
Nadanbata:

lol I do think so o.[b] This outrage is different [/b]o  tongue

Give em 10 more days before deciding they are ready oo. Remember we protested the fuel increase during Obasanjo years and swore even then that Nigerians could not afford it? Well, price was increased and everyone went back home and somehow found money to pay for it.
Re: Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by Rad1cal: 12:48am On Jan 08, 2012
Shifting of grounds visible here
Re: Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by mikolo80: 1:11am On Jan 08, 2012
NIGERIAMS CAN BITCH.22m voted for jo 11 for bb while 33m sat at home and now complainin.may the suffering continue till the 33m learn there is no such thing as sittin on the fence.cos jo did not win.instead bb lost.and why dont our lawyers organise a recall petition drive instead of running headlong into teargas and stray bullets,gulag et al
Re: Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by Colonia(m): 1:40am On Jan 08, 2012
we need to let these so called leaders know that enough is enough at this point. The people screwing this nation are not up to 2000.  We know them .We have trillions of dollars  budget with nada to show for it. These are money that developed countries don't even have. God help us .
Re: Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by Kobojunkie: 2:41am On Jan 08, 2012
^^^ They aren't the people screwing up the country. The people doing that are Nigerians like our friend on the previous page who voted for the FACE of a man without allowing his head seriously consider the records behind that face. Those are the kind of people that screw up a country. Lets hope come next election the story will not be that he voted for another one of the eejits in power because he had a nice arse . . . .  shudders****

Re: Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by Abeem(m): 4:50am On Jan 08, 2012
I have heard these complaints from folks before, trust me. The first time was in 2003. After surviving the impeachment ordeal at the hands of the vibrant legislators and narrowly edging out Atiku in the PDP primaries, a defanged and humiliated OBJ went back to the drawing board to master the politics of do or die and the antics of stealing and rigging elections. Despite almost emptying the treasury to bribe the Senators and the Federal Representatives on his failed third term bid to perpetuate himself in power, Nigerians still voted his party and watched helplessly as he bequeathed political nincompoops on the rest of us as leaders.
The second time was in 2007. Many people on this forum including yours truly voiced against the candidature of Yaradua apparently on account of his sickness and his antecedents in Katsina government house. The vociferous PDP supporters argued that as a graduate, he should be given a chance although there is nothing in his resume that suggested he had the capability and intelligence to handle the politics and manage the affairs of a much bigger federal government of Nigeria. It was no secret that the election was rigged. The president openly confirmed it and promised changes. The changes he promised is what brought the man without shoes to power today.
Also fast forward to April 2011 elections. The buyers' remorse that most people are feeling now would have been avoided if the fisherman had been rejected at the polls and sent back to the creek where he belongs. He has been in government for almost 12 years with nothing to show for his exploits in office, yet in spite of his failings, he was voted or rigged into office. I never see anything promising in his candidature and never supported him.
I wanted to believe that the feeling of buyers' remorse exhibited by majority of Nigerians this time is genuine. Come 2015 even if the wounds inflicted on the people by the callous and senseless removal of oil subsidy by Jonathan and his PDP stalwarts has healed, the scar will remain indelible for people to seriously think with their heads and put politics above religion in selecting a better candidate to run the affairs of the country. PDP, Never Again - should be our tag line come 2015. Oh! Less I forget the one without shoes is laying ambush for the nation; he is seeking to amend the constitution to extend the presidential election term from 4 to 7 years.
Re: Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by BigB11(m): 3:43am On Jan 09, 2012
Well said. I guess  the people that voted based on the name "goodluck" should suck it up and deal with it. Nigerians will never learn. The ridiculous excuses that i heard why they voted for   goodluck

- He was poor before never had a shoe till he was ten years Old,
- He is a christian
- He is educated
- He will be able to relate to ordinary Nigerian  etc

all these BS , see where the country is today. When are we going to demand from those who are seeking power to show us what plan they have to make the country better?  2012  no stable power , people  die daily from fever, typhoid etc  , no good roads , security is out of the question. All the GOODLUCK advocate make una enjoy the fresh air .
@Colonial:
It is very sad and extremely painful indeed.
At the beginning, I have only picked IBB as my choice simply because IBB's past record (good or bad) wouldn't have allowed him to fumble. He was determined to return only to correct all the things that were wrong, and I totally had confidence that he was for real and absolutely nothing was going to stop him from bring this country back from the dust.
After it was apparent that IBB was no longer contesting, I immediately moved to the next candidate that was strong and disciplined enough to make miracle happen in Nigeria quickly. And this individual was Buhari.
Buhari was also determined to work extremely hard for all Nigerians. Moreover, it was completely clear that Buhari was not good at everything, but one thing was certain, Buhari was our man to eradicate the 2 most powerful enemies (indiscipline and corruption) that have been killing this nation for the past 40 years.
With both eyes closed, even a day old baby was able to pick Buhari as our main man, but the incredible Nigerians were just simply too f00lish to get over themselves and think with their brains for the first time.
Buhari was so sincere and pretty much determined to do whatever it was going to take to lead this nation and make great things happen again; the man went ahead to pick a christian pastor as his running mate. But of course, this was not good enough for hopeless Nigerians.

Many other folks and myself here did everything and anything to enlighten Nigerians to spread the word that Goodluck wasn't strong enough to tackle all the black blood sucking vultures around. We fought for many months before the elections, to allow a real leader to lead this great nation. But Nigerians, who happened to be too smart for themselves refused to hear the word of wisdom.

Now that the country is on fire, these same f00ls are out like obsolete fashion crying for help. What a bunch of hopeless lunatics and the main problems of this wonderful country.
How could you motherfathers allow this to happen?

Again, I have no beef with Jonathan, but the 1diots, pin heads that came out in millions to support a basket with extra holes. Hello o o!!! You do not use basket to fetch water. It is impossible.

I hate to reveal to you folks that your best bet at this point is to simply pray for an intelligent, brave and committed military group to take over until Nigerians are smart enough to know how to elect a real leader. Let us hope that this military group will waste as many as possible criminals (politicians) and immediately lock up (the rest of) former governors/ leaders on bail until our weak constitutions are revised.

Anything else will simply be the same horrible stories from the past. Trust me!
Re: Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by stayreal: 5:03am On Jan 09, 2012
Since 1970, what leader has done anything for Nigeria but help to send it back into the Stone Age? Please give me an answer.

All this fingerpointing is stupid. The North and the West have ruled Nigeria since 1970 and did nothing. The country has gotten poorer and less safe while the white man is made rich off of your follery. Now a SS man rules and things are still going as it has since 1970. The country is inherenlty ungovernable because we have too many divisions (North/South, Muslim/Christian, tribal, etc). We also have to many outsiders with interest in OIL. IMF, Shell, BP, ExxonMobil, and the entire West influence the politics of this so-called country. These divisions fuel distrust, corruption, greed, and lack of empathy for fellow countrymen. No single group is at fault but all of us are collectively to blame for believing in one Nigeria which is a BRITISH CREATION. Nigeria is on life support. I am awaiting the death and burial of this so-called country!
Re: Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by BigB11(m): 6:53am On Jan 09, 2012
I still very much believe that if a committed military group doesn't take over asap, the country is in real trouble.
The premise for military to take over can not be more appropriate than what is on ground today in Nigeria.
Re: Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by hercules07: 7:03am On Jan 09, 2012
@Big B1

You were speaking well until you came to the reasons coups have not taken place, Yorubas do have the guts but will not want to lead something like that because of people's perception, anyway, we do not need a coup, what we need is for people to stand up for their rights.
Re: Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by BigB11(m): 2:06pm On Jan 09, 2012
it doesn't look good out there, something got to give very quickly.
Re: Blame Nobody But Yourselves, Nigerians! by Frankviews: 3:23pm On Jan 09, 2012
Agreed, well recieved we stupidly voted for the bigest bill board and the most rythmic jingle and advert, may be to ethnic/religious sentiments. We sincerely, regret these action and pray for discernment, when another opportunity presents itself which we hope may be in less than 6 months time.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Top Nigerian Cardiolosgist Has Been Named Among Top Cardiologist In New York. / Presidency Explains Why First Lady Patience Jonathan Has To Go To The Toilet / The "Dangers" Of 247 Power Supply!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.