Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,698 members, 7,816,855 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide (13398 Views)

INNOSON Donates 21 Buses To Support Gej's Re-election / Mass Evacuation Of Igbos In Maidugri! Guo Offers 20 Buses To Stranded Passagers / Gov. Uduaghan Commissions 100 Buses To Boost Transportation In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by kruku: 9:12pm On Jan 04, 2012
are all this enshrined in the 2012 budget? them don dey hammer again!!!!!!!!!!!! maybe Patience go supply 50% of those buses. 9ja cheap to govern o! see money!!!!!!!![flash=200,200][/flash]
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 04, 2012
, Enter d bus to go where,sel when there are no jobs! I will b d 1st to stone those busses. A pity ppl voted for such idealess,she-man.
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by 9ijaMan: 9:17pm On Jan 04, 2012
Fresh fart in the Air, >! 1600 buses to transport their girl/boyfriends and concubines to the market. Stupid government ruling over helpless people.
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by UyiIredia(m): 9:21pm On Jan 04, 2012
Got this from Facebook

This is analysis done by Prof. Tam David-West, former minister of petroleum on actual cost of producing petrol in Nigeria.
1) One barrel of Crude oil =
42gallons or
159 litres
, 2) Our Refineries (i.e 4) Installed
(combined) capacity = 445,000
, barrels per day
3) Actual refineries capacity due
to
ageing equipment = 30% i.e.
barrels per day
4) . . 133,500 barrels = 21.2 million
litres
5) Local required consumption
(F.O.S) =
12millions litres
6) It means that even our
MORIBOND
refineries can actually meet our
local
consumption need of petroleum.
7) The cost structure of crude oil
(i.e.
Qua Iboe Crude Oil) production;
- Findings / development - $3.5
- Production cost - $1.5
- Refining Cost - $12.6
- Pipeline/ transportation - $1.5
- Distr/bridging fund Margin -$
cool True cost of one litre of
petroleum
anywhere in Nigeria;
- Total sum cost = $34.8
- 1ltr cost = $34.8/159 litres = $
- Naira equiv. 0.219xN160=
N35.02k
- Add Tax N5 + N35.02 = N40.02
9) Let FGN refute the above
composition
and if not, they should tell us how
they came about N65/litre.
10) Locally refined products
cannot be
sold at International price.
11) We really do not need FGN
SUBSIDY
as there was NONE in the first
place.
12) What is LACKING, is the WILL to
enforce LAW ON CORRUPTION.
Pls re-post until it gets to the right
quarters for their response;
We still stand a chance as a
COUNTRY.
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by Detongue: 9:45pm On Jan 04, 2012
Jobs for unemployed gratuates as bus drivers and conductors
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by member479760: 10:08pm On Jan 04, 2012
Olodo prof, state with 15mil people and the one with 2mil people same number of buses!
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jan 04, 2012
Will the buses also service the rural populace and bring food to the market for sale? Who are the advisers to Mr President?
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by Knorkastur: 10:28pm On Jan 04, 2012
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by brigglez(m): 10:28pm On Jan 04, 2012
Lagos State alone has over 500 BRT buses yet the Transport situation in the state still persist.
FG wants to bring in 1600 buses & We have about 776 LG throughout the Federation so from GEJ & his cohorts, it means 2buses per Local Govt.
These people ARE SO SO DUMB,
The buses were even bought by the TUC self.
FRESH AIR INDEED,
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by goggs(m): 10:35pm On Jan 04, 2012
This is analysis done by Prof. Tam David-West, former minister of petroleum on actual cost of producing petrol in Nigeria.
1) One barrel of Crude oil =
42gallons or
159 litres
,  2) Our Refineries (i.e 4) Installed
(combined) capacity = 445,000
,  barrels per day
3) Actual refineries capacity due
to
ageing equipment = 30% i.e.
barrels per day
4) . . 133,500 barrels = 21.2 million
litres
5) Local required consumption
(F.O.S) =
12millions litres
6) It means that even our
MORIBOND
refineries can actually meet our
local
consumption need of petroleum.
7) The cost structure of crude oil
(i.e.
Qua Iboe Crude Oil) production;
- Findings / development - $3.5
- Production cost - $1.5
- Refining Cost - $12.6
- Pipeline/ transportation - $1.5
- Distr/bridging fund Margin -$
 True cost of one litre of
petroleum
anywhere in Nigeria;
- Total sum cost = $34.8
- 1ltr cost = $34.8/159 litres = $
- Naira equiv. 0.219xN160=
N35.02k
- Add Tax N5 + N35.02 = N40.02
9) Let FGN refute the above
composition
and if not, they should tell us how
they came about N65/litre.
10) Locally refined products
cannot be
sold at International price.
11) We really do not need FGN
SUBSIDY
as there was NONE in the first
place.
12) What is LACKING, is the WILL to
enforce LAW ON CORRUPTION.
Pls re-post until it gets to the right
quarters for their response;
We still stand a chance as a
COUNTRY.

While I am totally against the removal of fuel subsidy for now (due to the poor socio economic situation of Nigerians), I think that people who should know better should tell us the true picture of things so that the public is not manipulated.

The Prof conveniently forgot that NNPC buys 445,000 per day from the nation's crude at International Prices and remits that money to the Federation Account (remember the accusation that NNPC is owing the Fed Acct). So his computation is based on wrong premise. If NNPC got the crude free, it means the subsidy will be much more as the nation will be supplying its citizen free crude to the quatum of about 25% of daily production (and we will only pay for developing and refining). What he should come out to say is that the Government should INCREASE subsidy or allocate crude to NNPC free to either refine or swap for  refined fuel (which is basically the same). All these computation is misleading the public as to the true position of things.

However, I do agree with the Prof that the amount of fuel brandished about as consumption per day is on the high side and this is one important way that subsidy payments are being lost. I dont believe that we consume up to 30 million litres. A forensic analysis is needed to identify how, where and who are responsible for these leakages and punish them severely (assuming GEJ has the liver)

Also, 1600 buses for a country of 150 million is a sick joke suitable for Comedy Central channel. Only Lagos will swallow this number and ask for more.
[/font]
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by dustydee: 11:10pm On Jan 04, 2012
What do we call the buses? Subsidy line or subsidy express.
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by 4ee: 11:18pm On Jan 04, 2012
I read this news and was shocked -see link below:
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2012/jan/05/national-05-01-2012-002.html

So FEC thinks about 100,000 people to a bus will help in anyway.
From the past, those buses may never even see the light of day.

I wonder why they did not think about the consequences of removing subsidy and proffer solutions before making living conditions of more than 90% of the population worse. angry
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by Roland17(m): 11:19pm On Jan 04, 2012
Every time am unlucky to read comments from the Hallowed office of the Presidency i cringe in despair, am lost in thought on who keeps advising our obviously weak and clueless president, would acquiring 1600 buses cushion the effect of the already inflated economy? can 1600 even take care of LAGOS alone? is this a short term plan? why do we like short cuts in Nigeria sooo much?,

What in the name of GOD is wrong with Fixing the refineries we have in Nigeria? is there a curse placed on the refineries? the amount of money spent on frivolous federal and state elephant projects can solve this problem, so many sectors of the economy have been left to rust in the wheels of the economy,

Until we make Nigerian politics less financially attractive we are going no where, until i see a massive cut in the payslip of politicians, ministers, senators governors and all individuals involved with spending the tax payers money, i would never take the country serious.
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by Horus(m): 11:27pm On Jan 04, 2012
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by activities: 11:38pm On Jan 04, 2012
Mr President,
                   Pls, why did u choose bad people as advisers? you re heading in the wrong way,
A word is enough for the wise,
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by VoodooDoll(m): 11:38pm On Jan 04, 2012
LET THEM EAT CAKE - Goodluck Jonathan

"I will never ever let you down".

Nigeria's over bloated bureaucracy is subsidised to the tune of trillions.
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by debosky(m): 11:44pm On Jan 04, 2012
London alone has 6,800 buses, yet Jonathan is sending 1,600 buses for the whole of Nigeria.

What a fantastic benefit of subsidy.

PS - the buses will be given to political cronies of GEJ who will likely run down the buses, steal them and use them for private business.
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by saibuhari(m): 11:58pm On Jan 04, 2012
The idea of 43 buses per state is as useless and unthoughtful as the fuel subsidy removal. Goodluck who actually is advising you? Well, a people deserve the kind of leader they have. Where Nigerians sleeping when they voted for this man? Was it not clear from onset that a man who made much compromises to get to power will eventually sell out to the same cabal that brought him to power?
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by dayokanu(m): 12:06am On Jan 05, 2012
The buses fit be 10,000 seater buses

[img]http://www.hess-ag.ch/images/lightram.jpg[/img]
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by donfidel(m): 12:08am On Jan 05, 2012
From the explanation of the president of TUC this night on Channels TV, the buses actually belongs to them (TUC) and they made the order for the buses long ago from a loan they sourced based on interest. He also added the buses are due in Nigeria on the 14th and not 9th as claimed by FG.
I just don't now understand why the FG is taking credit for the purchase of the buses. Are they that desperate?
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by Remii(m): 12:14am On Jan 05, 2012
why can't govt introduce the so so called palliative before subsidy removal. at least they said budget was still okay till march ending. while the hurry. if the people saw the improvement in situation they may be persuaded
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by Reggie2(m): 12:19am On Jan 05, 2012
Nigerians are so used to awof that no amount of reasoning will suffice to explain removal of subsidy. From Europe, most African countries export gas runner cars due to cost effectiveness!

Can anyone deny that everything reins in Nigeria at any given period? It is either Benz today or Jeep tomorrow. This is the period of Jeep. Every Tom, Dick and Harry is riding a Jeep to show that he has 'made it'. Even if these Dudes are mere fraud stars.    

In Europe, people use cost effective vehicles because of tax and the cost of fuelling 'big' cars.
How much is the cost of kerosene in Nigeria? How much is the cost of cooking gas? Why have these concerned Nigerians not taken to the streets to protest the hight cost of these essential commodities? I guess the poorest of poorest of Nigerians use kerosene to cook and light his house, at what cost?

There is a lot of hypocrisy in Nigeria!

When a faceless creep of animals on a Xmas day killed 42 innocent worshippers, wiping away families, I had expected these so-called patriots like alj harem, to call for a Mass protest to condemn such barbaric act in a show of solidarity to affected families, and to show that the country is still one and united. Instead, he and his likes, were calling for the head of Jonathan. Despite whatever security lapses that may be attributed to the FG, people can still show that they are united towards a common cause.

This forum can be annoying a times as anyone is free to vomit putrid without logical sequence.

Yet the protagonists of a revolution in Nigeria that abound on this forum are not on the streets to partake in anti subsidy protests!!!!!!!!!

God save Nigeria.
    e
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by vladimiros: 12:47am On Jan 05, 2012
would it hurt Nigerians to go green for a change?

hybrid Cars won't hurt
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by whiteroses(f): 12:54am On Jan 05, 2012
this jonathan!! 1600 bus to 160 million people does that make any sense? him mama no try for birthing bad pikin angry
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by r231(m): 1:05am On Jan 05, 2012
grin grin

Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by Nobody: 1:38am On Jan 05, 2012
thats about 47 buses per state and 1 per local govt.
the man is simply dumb
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by fred2265: 2:02am On Jan 05, 2012
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by toluxa1(m): 2:24am On Jan 05, 2012
Nigerians are a set of people that Can Never be Satisfied. It runs in our very blood. That is all I have to say.
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by flex12(m): 4:31am On Jan 05, 2012
I don't think dis guy knows what he is doing anymore,when we have over 1500 b r t buses in lagos  its yet to meet the demand he's talking of adding 46 what difference would dat make
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by Nobody: 4:51am On Jan 05, 2012
if they like let them bring airplanes God will still judge them.murderers, angry
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by goksonjay(m): 5:38am On Jan 05, 2012
This makes sense,atleast it wl provide succour for Nigerians. There are other measures that FGN should put in place before rushing to remove d subsidy.
Re: 1600 Buses To Be Deployed Nation Wide by Nobody: 6:07am On Jan 05, 2012
As for me sha, me I no dey enter any of these "GOODLUCK" Buses before GEJ Boko Haram come target am drop IED inside.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Attacking Right Now a Police Station Near The Emir Palace in Kano... / Military Plans Joint Operations Against Herdsmen / Ibrahim Idris Visits Family Of Late Francis Bolaji Odesanya (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.