Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,476 members, 7,816,122 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

How To Buy/Sell Your Gadgets Safely Online (Man-To-Man)? - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / How To Buy/Sell Your Gadgets Safely Online (Man-To-Man)? (1146 Views)

Poll: what are your experiences buying and selling online?

successful deal (No problems): 0% (0 votes)
was slightly cheated (learnt my lessons): 100% (1 vote)
burnt my fingers : 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Check Your Gadgets Before You Buy. Don't be a victim. / Swap And Sell Your Gadgets Here LAUTECH Ogbomoso / We Buy/sell Used Laptop(uk/american/nigerian USED) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Buy/Sell Your Gadgets Safely Online (Man-To-Man)? by Pimples(m): 10:47pm On Jan 04, 2012
Thanks to the Internet, it is now SEEMINGLY possible to buy & sell devices (phones, camera's, Laptops etc) on Websites such as these (Nairaland) as well as the new Google Trader. This opens up new opportunities to buy and sell NEW as well as USED devices.

Now my question is this-
How can these transactions be carried out with the least risk to both buyer and seller? Usually there is no physical address (eg Shop).
Contacts are based on phone calls. Especially consider the fact that Nigerians cannot be trusted.

For instance as a buyer, how do I examine what I'm gonna buy without fear that I may be attacked or robbed by the seller?

As a seller how do I do the exchange without anxiety over losing my money?

Remember we are talking about doing business with total strangers outside our comfort zone(home, office etc.)
Re: How To Buy/Sell Your Gadgets Safely Online (Man-To-Man)? by l2l(m): 9:16am On Jan 05, 2012
Dear Pimples,
That's a very good suggestion/idea, but left to me, i have had couple of trades without sweat.
What i do/feel is dt safest is for the buyer and seller to agree on a meetin' point wch is of no obvious advantage to both parties
And if d seller has to go meet d buyer, they should agree to meet in places like EATERY, BANK area, Mosques/churchse, public-library, etc
Dts ma tiny point, caio
Re: How To Buy/Sell Your Gadgets Safely Online (Man-To-Man)? by Pimples(m): 12:58pm On Jan 05, 2012
Ok
Thanks man that is what I'm gonna do.
Re: How To Buy/Sell Your Gadgets Safely Online (Man-To-Man)? by 7070: 5:19pm On Jan 06, 2012
done alot of SUCCESSFULL trades via nairaland too

1.Buy from well known NL traders
2.Meet in a Public Place
3.Check your goods well
4.Shine ya eye well well
5.Never pay b4 SERVICE!!! wink
Re: How To Buy/Sell Your Gadgets Safely Online (Man-To-Man)? by 7070: 5:20pm On Jan 06, 2012
ONE more thing

IF THE PRICE IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE,IT PROBABLY IS

be wary of stolen goods too,
Re: How To Buy/Sell Your Gadgets Safely Online (Man-To-Man)? by Pimples(m): 9:43am On Jan 09, 2012
Selling only to only well known Nairaland members will reduce the amount of potential customers available to u

(1) (Reply)

ss / 32" LG Plasma TV For Urgent Sale - 58,000 / SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.