Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,504 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

What Is Nnpc Hiding ? Are They Covering Up Oando And MRS's Frauds ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Nnpc Hiding ? Are They Covering Up Oando And MRS's Frauds ? (1247 Views)

It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station / Photo: General Obasanjo And Mrs Remi Obasanjo On Their Wedding Day In 1963 / Comrade Mr And Mrs Oshiomole On Khaki (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Nnpc Hiding ? Are They Covering Up Oando And MRS's Frauds ? by lagbaja(m): 10:56am On Jan 05, 2012
The attached document was extracted from NNPC website showing the statisctic of domestic fuel consumption for year 2010.

http://www.nnpcgroup.com/Portals/0/Monthly%20Performance/2010%20ASB%201st%20edition.pdf

Why did NNPC left our the figures for MRS and OANDO. from the data, 6.3Billion litres of fuel was reported locally consumed in 2010. This translated to 17million barrels per day. What accounted for the balance of 18million barrels per day if total consumption was 35million barrels. Were they trying to hide something from the public ?. This is the more reason why this charade mustr stop. let us end this subsidy.

Re: What Is Nnpc Hiding ? Are They Covering Up Oando And MRS's Frauds ? by Beaf: 11:12am On Jan 05, 2012
I don't think the ommission of Oando's figures can be unambiguously narrowed to fraud. They might just have submitted their figures late, although more than a year is pushing it.
Do you know if 2011 reports back up the trend? That would be highly suspicious.
Re: What Is Nnpc Hiding ? Are They Covering Up Oando And MRS's Frauds ? by lagbaja(m): 11:27am On Jan 05, 2012
See the attached data. Between 2001 and 2007, Consumption of PMS was steady at 23million litres per day, it suddenly jumbed to 35 million litres by 2011, a whoping 35% increase. What has changed since Jonathan came in, are Nigerian's earning more or suddenly consuming more?, Meanwhile diesel consumtion within the same period had declined by more than 50% after it was deregulated .

Re: What Is Nnpc Hiding ? Are They Covering Up Oando And MRS's Frauds ? by Beaf: 11:47am On Jan 05, 2012
lagbaja:

See the attached data. Between 2001 and 2007, Consumption of PMS was steady at 23million litres per day, it suddenly jumbed to 35 million litres by 2011, a whoping 35% increase. What has changed since Jonathan came in, are Nigerian's earning more or suddenly consuming more?, Meanwhile diesel consumtion within the same period had declined by more than 50% after it was deregulated .

Very interesting statistics indeed!

The 50% decline in deisel consumption would be interpreted at first sight as a horrendous deindustrialisation of the country, but we certainly know that is not the case.
My! My! 50% is a real whopper. Now, i want to see Oando's figures, I see where you are driving.
Re: What Is Nnpc Hiding ? Are They Covering Up Oando And MRS's Frauds ? by lagbaja(m): 12:01pm On Jan 05, 2012
@Beaf, my point exactly.
Re: What Is Nnpc Hiding ? Are They Covering Up Oando And MRS's Frauds ? by lagbaja(m): 1:35pm On Jan 05, 2012
Oando claimed to have sold 1.6billion litres in 2010 translating to 4.3million litres per day. That leaves us with 12.7million litres per day unaccounted for. is NNPC saying that MRS supplied the balance

Re: What Is Nnpc Hiding ? Are They Covering Up Oando And MRS's Frauds ? by BrutusKag: 8:28am On Jan 19, 2012
i think for the company to have put in printed form its own figures, it has nothing to hide. The omission from NNPC is typical of the sloppiness that characterises civil service. This ongoing hearing is actually very interesting. I am sure there will be too many surprises when the "real cabals" are unveiled. Already, we can see what their kids are doing with our money.

(1) (Reply)

Multi-billion Dollar "Eko Atlantic City" Project Caused Fatal Atlantic Ocean ! / Alhaji Hassan Welewa, Incited The Killing Of The 4 In Alu... BH In Alu ???? / My Oga At The Top!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.