Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,294 members, 7,826,170 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Sitemeter.com Vs Google Analytics / Which Is Better? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Sitemeter.com Vs Google Analytics / Which Is Better? (2639 Views)

Google Analytics Showing Unusual Referral "Claim64843289.copyrightclaims.org" / How Can I Solve This Issue Of Which I'm Experiencing In My G Analytics Dashboard / Adplacers Vs Google Adsense - On Nairaland - In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sitemeter.com Vs Google Analytics / Which Is Better? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 05, 2012
Hola guys, if you have used these two services, can you please tell us which one you believe is better and why?

Personally, i have used the two services very well. But somehow, i prefer sitemeter, the information seem to be more reliable than google analytics. The google analytics of my website is somehow inflated due to my pattern of coding - i believe google analytics does not rate my site correctly (www..net).

But sitemeter seem to work very very well and gives accurate data as far as my testing goes. What is your views guys?
Re: Sitemeter.com Vs Google Analytics / Which Is Better? by yawatide(f): 3:55pm On Jan 05, 2012
Though I have not used sitemeter, I will say, go with what works best for you.

I personally would jump out and say google is best, by virtue of it being google but I also do understand that not all screwdrivers are star heads.  By the same token, you can use a flat head screwdriver on a screw with a star head - You use what best meets the needs of the situation you are in at any given time.

good luck!
Re: Sitemeter.com Vs Google Analytics / Which Is Better? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 05, 2012
I use the sitemeter and google together, sitemeter can tell me instanta the number of people that are on my website this instant and it has other excellent stats too.
Try it and see, u can combine it with GA.
Re: Sitemeter.com Vs Google Analytics / Which Is Better? by yawatide(f): 7:24pm On Jan 05, 2012
Hmm, I guess SM has changed cos the last time I used it (around 6 years or so ago), i had to dump it in favor of GA because the stats weren't as detailed as GA's and the stats weren't as "real time" either.

I guess I will give it another shot.
Re: Sitemeter.com Vs Google Analytics / Which Is Better? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jan 05, 2012
^^^I tried using it some years earlier too, it was completed f**d up, but now i believe it works very accurately - as far as my testing went. If other people try it, we can compare results. GA does not seem to provide real-time unless i am missing something.
Re: Sitemeter.com Vs Google Analytics / Which Is Better? by Basic(m): 1:59pm On Mar 31, 2013
*dhtml:
I use the sitemeter and google together, sitemeter can tell me instanta the number of people that are on my website this instant and it has other excellent stats too.
Try it and see, u can combine it with GA.
Google Analytics also has a Real Time feature that tells you how many visitors are on your website at any instant. So, don't think that's a downside.
As for me, Google Analytics is far far better.
Re: Sitemeter.com Vs Google Analytics / Which Is Better? by Basic(m): 2:00pm On Mar 31, 2013
*dhtml:
^^^I tried using it some years earlier too, it was completed f**d up, but now i believe it works very accurately - as far as my testing went. If other people try it, we can compare results. GA does not seem to provide real-time unless i am missing something.
Exactly, you're missing something. The "Real Time" tab is right there on the menu list by the left.
Re: Sitemeter.com Vs Google Analytics / Which Is Better? by UncleJJ(m): 4:18pm On Mar 31, 2013
Ha ha you need to learn to use the interface, i assume you prefer site meter cos its easier to use. Google analytics an pul of more complex details off your site.

Go to lynda.com fr the fundmentals. You van search torrents fr such courses too.
Re: Sitemeter.com Vs Google Analytics / Which Is Better? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Mar 31, 2013
Gracias hermano,

(1) (Reply)

Join India's Leading Hackers and Technology Whatsapp Group / By The Power Bestowed Upon Me By Nobody In Particular, I Hereby. . . . / Can One Make Money From Running An Online Forum(e.g. Nairaland.com)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.