Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,226 members, 7,867,589 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 07:10 PM

Jang: Only Haters Of Nigeria, Economic Recovery Oppose Subsidy Removal - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jang: Only Haters Of Nigeria, Economic Recovery Oppose Subsidy Removal (6243 Views)

No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG / Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems / Aliyu Insists Amaechi Defeated Jang (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jang: Only Haters Of Nigeria, Economic Recovery Oppose Subsidy Removal by khalids: 11:10am On Jan 06, 2012
The government keep telling us that the money from the subsidy removal will be used to build roads, hospitals and improve infrastructure, If this is so, my question is , what was this years budget for, did the budget not cover all these things, This is total failure on the part of government.
Re: Jang: Only Haters Of Nigeria, Economic Recovery Oppose Subsidy Removal by ololo12: 11:20am On Jan 06, 2012
@ OP,

As much as I am in support of the fuel subsidy removal. I think the govt didn't handle the issue in an orderly fashion. I was expecting the govt to put in a place a transitional plan to that effect. Raise the standard of living of the average Nigerian, Minimum wage should be at $500 per head, Subsidies transportation and electricity, build new roads, and build new refineries. Correct me If I am wrong, I thought this subsidy ish was to be implemented come April?? Put the above mentioned in place and every would be happy, and you can carry on with your subsidy thing.

Just my observation
Re: Jang: Only Haters Of Nigeria, Economic Recovery Oppose Subsidy Removal by khalids: 11:24am On Jan 06, 2012
Check out this video

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmG_dYY7YRA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmG_dYY7YRA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Re: Jang: Only Haters Of Nigeria, Economic Recovery Oppose Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 11:26am On Jan 06, 2012
ololo12:

@ OP,

As much as I am in support of the fuel subsidy removal. I think the govt didn't handle the issue in an orderly fashion.  I was expecting the govt to put in a place a transitional plan to that effect.  Raise the standard of living of the average Nigerian, Minimum wage should be at $500 per head, Subsidies transportation and electricity, build new roads, and build new refineries. Correct me If I am wrong, I thought this subsidy ish was to be implemented come April??  Put the above mentioned in place and every would be happy, and you can carry on with your subsidy thing.

Just my observation

Absolutely, the problem is twofold.

1. Trust - If previous subsidy removals had made a difference in the lives of the ordinary people, there will be an element of trust in the government. The problem is that previous governments failed to deliver and therefore the people have no TRUST in the government. Afterall words mean nothing, what matters is action.

2. Communication - The minister in charge of communication has failed woefully and this should come as no surprise as many of them had no communication skills to begin with.

What they needed to do, was to package the information in such a way that we could have a healthy debate , instead we have a general statement about subsidy removal with subsequent updates to rectify the damage.

Until the government delivers on their promises their words are worthless.

When we start to see tangible benefits and especially programmes put in place to alleviate the adverse impact this will have on the poor , we can start to rebuild that trust.
Re: Jang: Only Haters Of Nigeria, Economic Recovery Oppose Subsidy Removal by james231(m): 11:50am On Jan 06, 2012
Well spoken,I support the removal of d subsidy,its just that the timing was fast the president should hav waited till when the 2011 budget must have expired b4 implementing the removal.Secondly the PMS in circulation presently has already been subsidised why are the importers selling it to the public at this new rate?Lastly the money that will be recovered from the removal of the subsidy should be positively utilised to boost our economy and also favour the masses.
Re: Jang: Only Haters Of Nigeria, Economic Recovery Oppose Subsidy Removal by AZeD1(m): 11:53am On Jan 06, 2012
Beaf:

This is what we have been hollering even through now sore throats.

Word. cool
Nigeria WILL NOT remain the same old chaotic place. We MUST develop, regardless of what the dark forces within plan or do.

Pregnant women in rural areas from Zuru to Gbangan are now going to be paid on giving birth. Whoever heard of such before now in our country, Nigeria?
GEJ, go on soun, jare! Sa lo si 2015 straight! Haters gon' hate. grin
This is coming from someone who says our petrol is smuggled because of subsidy, Why wont women come from benin republic, cameroun and Niger to give birth in Nigeria??
Re: Jang: Only Haters Of Nigeria, Economic Recovery Oppose Subsidy Removal by montelik(m): 11:57am On Jan 06, 2012
Hope4pple:

When I heard of the Nigerian government deliberating on removing the subsidy, I knew the removal would help the economy in the long run because the subsidy has been a form of corporate welfare for the cronies of government officials.

However, when I heard the subsidy removal triggered an astronomical increase in fuel prices, I realized that it should have been a gradual process so as to ease the impact on the pockets of the masses. Presently, the outcome has been horrendous and harmful to those it was intended to help.

The problem with adopting policies that create a freer economy in Nigeria (a country battling corruption) without first confronting and eradicating corruption, and instituting programs that'll help poor people/ middle class to be self sufficient (e.g, providing government backed loans for people to start business), is that it leads to terrible unintended consequences.  

D problem is that d govt knows this. Even if Jonathan is dull, I know that d likes of Iweala and Sanusi know that all these economic policies can't work until d root problem is dealt with. Unless they hold "Toronto" qualifications, they know that these policies won't work they way they are being advertised until corruption, mismanagement is thoroughly dealt with, yet they press ahead anyway paying lip service to addressing d main issue. This attitude only leads me to conclude the whole thing is a sham.

If we had a serious govt, when was d policy was being considered, d govt would come down on these phantom "cabals" (who we can be sure all donated Fresh Air 2011 campaign). NNPC, PPRA, all other relevant agencies would all have been thoroughly audited. What is d Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) there for if they can't investigate d suspect excesses of these phantom "cabals". Why do have EFCC if they aren't asked to assist is solving a problem that d govt insist is a massive drain on d countries economic health. But instead d govt has no interest in identify or punishing d excesses of d people ripping of Nigerians as pertains to subsidy. Instead they claim it is too difficult to do its job. How can such a govt then believe that magically its policies will work as designed.
Re: Jang: Only Haters Of Nigeria, Economic Recovery Oppose Subsidy Removal by OmoTier1(m): 12:00pm On Jan 06, 2012
Abeg ehi, Jang of all people I am sure GEJ woud be shouting: someone tell Jang to go secure Jos and leave Fuel Subsidy for me oh!, useless man, old grandfather that is suffering from dementia looking for money to store in a warehouse for his unborn generation!
Re: Jang: Only Haters Of Nigeria, Economic Recovery Oppose Subsidy Removal by katib: 12:06pm On Jan 06, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin No wonder hat these words came from this governor who brought nothing but misery and backwardness to Plateau and its people
Re: Jang: Only Haters Of Nigeria, Economic Recovery Oppose Subsidy Removal by emmke(m): 12:33pm On Jan 06, 2012
scr3w u jang. Mehn, i just hate this guy. Such a weak as5 hole. Guy Just like licking gej's a55. Even went and named one of the new roads in jos after gej (not even sure if there's such a thing in bayelsa) Cant wait for ur tenure to come to an end. Btw, this slowpoke is not speaking for the people of plateau.
Re: Jang: Only Haters Of Nigeria, Economic Recovery Oppose Subsidy Removal by akinmusi(m): 12:36pm On Jan 06, 2012
I have not read this man's views or any article relating to him before. I must confess, he is so reasonable absurd.
1. More money for you people to chop ehn?
2. The small cabal should now extend to you governors now so as to be able to pay up for your election finance within the shortest possible payback period.
Oga gan. ah aye ma nika o
Re: Jang: Only Haters Of Nigeria, Economic Recovery Oppose Subsidy Removal by executinal(m): 12:54pm On Jan 06, 2012
Well said Jang
Re: Jang: Only Haters Of Nigeria, Economic Recovery Oppose Subsidy Removal by emmatok(m): 12:57pm On Jan 06, 2012
Governor Jonah Jang of Plateau State Thursday said only enemies of Nigeria and its economy would oppose the removal of fuels subsidy as it only put the collective wealth of the country in few hands which the government wants to liberate through deregulation.

Jang spoke at the Presidential Villa, Abuja where he came to see the President, and said that even if the decision will be unpopular before Nigerians, it would be better for him to take unpopular decisions today for the restoration of the bright future of the county.

He insisted that his support for the removal of fuel subsidy was total; pointing out that comparatively the cost of fuel was still cheaper in Nigeria than in America and Britain where taxes are paid on every item including bread.

To him, what the concern of Nigerians should be is how the government would apply the proceeds of the subsidy removal which they ought to monitor to ensure it is applied to the greater need of the people instead of allowing the cabal to be the beneficiaries.

“If you are in the US you buy bread and pay tax. And even with the removal of subsidy, petrol is still not up to $1 a litre. Go to the US it is $1 plus, go to the UK it is £1 plus even Ghana with the removal of fuel subsidy there petrol is still more expensive than Nigeria. I believe that this subsidy is for the good of the common man in Nigeria. Anybody that is saying he doesn't want subsidy removed is not being fair is not being sincere. This money that has been cornered by very few individuals can now be spread, more money can now go to state, more money can now go for development.

“I think what the NLC and others should now watch is to ensure that both the state and the federal government put whatever is coming from subsidy into good use for the benefit of the people of Nigeria not just allowing this money to just circulate within a small cabal. These people imported fuel and collected money from Nigeria and they go across the border and sell in foreign exchange and the money is not even brought back to banks in Nigeria, it is taken to overseas banks. Is that for the benefit of Nigerians?

“So, I want to plead with the press honestly speaking, this President was popularly elected and why do you think he will want to take decision that will make him unpopular? But if being unpopular will be for the best interest of Nigeria, he has decided to take it and honestly we back him up. Honestly, the NLC has no interest of this nation at heart,” he said.

On the security situation in the Plateau, Jang said that there has been peace in his domain though there were occasion cross border attacks as residents were at peace with each other and would not indulge in attacking each other.

According to him, but for the attempted bombing on New Year’s eve which was foiled and a policeman lost his life in the process, all had been quiet in the state and the security measures in the state has been working perfectly.

“But let me quickly add, if you hear of any attack on the Plateau it is not within the people of Plateau state, it is cross boarder thing that people came into the state and run away. Everything is being done to make sure we don't get these cross-border attacks again. I believe with the state of emergency in four local governments that are already quite peaceful, it will just mean that the military personnel will just concentrate on the border where these people cross into Plateau state,” Jang said.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/jang-only-haters-of-nigeria-economic-recovery-oppose-subsidy-removal/106511/

Yeye man looking for GEJ's favour,

Comparing Ghana to Nigiera.

Ghana don't have fuel issues, because they have stable electricity.

In Nigeria almost all small business run on generators fuel by PMS.

PMS goes up, the prices of thier goods and services goes up too.

Nigerians suffer, not GEJ or Jang.
Re: Jang: Only Haters Of Nigeria, Economic Recovery Oppose Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jan 06, 2012
A man who cant even run Plateau state properly and now wants 2 put his 2 cents. undecided
Re: Jang: Only Haters Of Nigeria, Economic Recovery Oppose Subsidy Removal by dublinkmy6: 3:03pm On Jan 06, 2012
I'm in support of this subsidy removal. I also agree that Nigeria should not be compared with the UKs and the US because for instance, while these countries have welfare packages for the citizens, it also places tax on almost every goods and services. In Nigeria, the proportion of tax payers to tax evaders is nothing to write home about. We can't have it both ways but Nigerians want to eat their cakes and have at the same time.
The main problem i see in this whole issue is lack of trust and enlightenment on the part of the public concerning the subsidy removal.
I'm of the opinion that we should judge this administeration at the end of it and not at the begining or middle because i believe every reasonable government should have targets tailored around it's tenure. No pain No gain.
Re: Jang: Only Haters Of Nigeria, Economic Recovery Oppose Subsidy Removal by gbewu: 4:58pm On Jan 06, 2012
I believe the governors are sensible before we, the idiots voted them in. I could not imagine when the so call idiot was juxtaposing the litre of petrol in USA,UK with that of Nigeria where the minimum wage in these countries are not comparable with that of Nigeria. Even, 18,000 minimum wage he could not pay. security situation in his state is zero. God will punish you.

We will all gather in Yaba on Monday to send all of you called cabals out of Nigeria like the Egyptian did to there former Presidoo. Idiot.
Re: Jang: Only Haters Of Nigeria, Economic Recovery Oppose Subsidy Removal by dotmana1: 6:16pm On Jan 06, 2012
I am not disappointed by Jangs comments at all.What exactly do we want him to say when the PDP led government has refused to declare state of emergency in his state(Plateau)Do you know what that state has turned to under his administration?.This is a state i alwys dreamt of spending my holidays when i was in Secondary school.
We should acknowledge this fact that this GOVT had failed us.Legislature/Executive and the Judiciary.All of them knows nothing about the suffering of the masses.Imagine Sanusi Lamido saying he cannot remember the last time he bought fuel(petrol) (ON A NATIONAL TELEVISION)Is that not an insult on us?For u Sanusi(ABO WA BA NI ORO RE)YORUBA.

More to talk about,but little time
Hope to have more time during d protest
Re: Jang: Only Haters Of Nigeria, Economic Recovery Oppose Subsidy Removal by morewat: 9:44pm On Jan 06, 2012
Well, it is not surprising that most of our governors will support subsidy removal. They can not think alternative way to generate revenue except a readily available oil money. Once the subsidy is removed, they will have more money to share. Don't you think if the fuel is sold for one thousand naira, men like jang will be able to afford it? The burden is on the masses. We are actually subsidizing the incompetence of our leaders!
Re: Jang: Only Haters Of Nigeria, Economic Recovery Oppose Subsidy Removal by chikis(m): 11:56pm On Jan 06, 2012
Nigerians! Instead of talking about the future gains of the removal of fuel subsidy, they are busy talking on how to embark on one useless strike, protest and mass rally. What a shame! When is Nigeria ready to change it ways.
A policy that our two economic dons (Ngozi Okonjo Iweala and Sanusi Lamidu Sanusi) has supported and some people are still going against it.
For those who want to still embark on strike, mass rally and protest, let them go ahead but they must be ready to pave the street with their blood and bones. It pains that when the soup of deregulation of petroleum down stream sector is finally cooked, some will not be alive to eat it.
Re: Jang: Only Haters Of Nigeria, Economic Recovery Oppose Subsidy Removal by sholatech(m): 12:44am On Jan 07, 2012
Okonjo Iweala and Sanusi referred to as our Two Economic dons??My foot!! Please mention Prof Aluko, Prof Soyode, Prof Aboyade etc.
Both Okonjo and Sanusi have policy summersaults in recent times. Was it not Ngozi that announced Palliatives after Fuel price increases in 2005 and yet we can't see where their so-called palliatives are since then!
Re: Jang: Only Haters Of Nigeria, Economic Recovery Oppose Subsidy Removal by us4naija: 1:02am On Jan 07, 2012
Fuel subsidy removal=excellent Implementation of the removal of fuel subsidy=fail
Re: Jang: Only Haters Of Nigeria, Economic Recovery Oppose Subsidy Removal by chikis(m): 1:03am On Jan 07, 2012
sholatech:

Okonjo Iweala and Sanusi referred to as our Two Economic dons??My foot!! Please mention Prof Aluko, Prof Soyode, Prof Aboyade etc.
Both Okonjo and Sanusi have policy summersaults in recent times. Was it not Ngozi that announced Palliatives after Fuel price increases in 2005 and yet we can't see where their so-called palliatives are since then!
Bros, abeg, I feel that you need to be adequately informed on this issue before u will accept whatever I will say. I oblige you to go read more and know more on the topic: " What is deregulation and privatization of the petroleum downstream sector in Nigeria?" Just type it how I quote it in your search engine. Then go ahead and open one of the result and study it carefully.
Re: Jang: Only Haters Of Nigeria, Economic Recovery Oppose Subsidy Removal by Theblessed(f): 2:27am On Jan 07, 2012
[b][size=16pt]God bless you Mr Jang!

God bless you, for speaking out about this economic recovery going on in Nigeria and for supporting the government for standing firm on its economic recovery policy for a better Nigeria. 

You're the only one I know that have spoken out about this issue and that's because, you love your country and crave for it's peace and stability thus, supporting what's right.

Change, change, and who likes change?  No one!

It is frightening isn't it? Changing from what we know/used to, to the unknown/uncertainty and not to talk of more learning that's involved in it - who wants that?  No one!  But, we all like the benefits such changes can bring to our lives, when right, abi? 

Now, listen, support the government and pull out of that your protest procession before the wicked men from the North get to you with their bombs, and shut you up for ever. cry cry

You see due to ignorance, naive and poor Nigerians have taken to the street protesting the economic reforms and forgot it is for our benefit.

The same thing happened in the early 1990's when the then government Privatised the Telecommunication Industry.  Nigerians were up in arm believing the false information they received from the alarmists and the so called economic analysts that, it was bad for the economy, market prices will go up and the economy will tumble. Really? angry

And I ask, who is now benefiting from the services and ease of life the new technology brought to us?  Imagine, almost every Nigerian has a mobile phone to his/her name, some have gone further to owning Smart phones  - a luxury only accorded to the rich, abi?  And before the mobile phone phenomena in Nigeria, we've forgotten that, only the rich can afford telephones in their homes, abi? undecided undecided 

These days, business dealings now takes 2 secs instead of 12 months to close.  Based on this evidence, you should all be ashamed of your selves in striking against the government instead of rallying around them as you all failed to see the motives of the rich of this country - to continue to keeping you all in bondage and that's what the government is trying to extricate you all from. 

Shame on you all and soon you'd all change your tongues and start preaching praises for the President and his team - shame on you all!!! 

And for those Nigerians protesting in London and America and where else remains, shame on them - they are as ignorant as their counterparts in Nigeria because, they lack understanding of economic facts and principles and who would blame them, when they are over here enjoying the benefits of hard core economic strategies and prowess of Margaret Thatcher? 

Did they suffer the economic hardship of that time?  No!!!! That's why they lack knowledge of what people suffered to give them what they are benefiting and enjoying at the moment, thinking it has always been like that - free for all!  No, it hadn't prices where paid for what you're benefiting, if you don't know. 

Keep protesting and causing trouble back home for poor Nigerians, over something you don't understand.     

Though life is tough in Nigeria at the moment, Nigerians are known for their resilience in times of difficulty and hardship as demonstrated in the 80/90's era when the then governments introduced their evil 'structural adjustment' that benefited no one except themselves. We are in different era now, and things are certainly done in a much different way, these days.

Nigerians were strong enough to bit off the harsh economic structural adjustment imposed on them in those decades - and if what the government is telling us at the moment is true, and their economic recovery policy is to be relied on, then, I urge Nigerians to have patience and ride this storm with fortitude, for a better future for their children.

And for those skeptics who are wishing Nigeria to crumble at this important time in our lives when, the government is trying hard to right the wrong of past government failures, and instead of loving their own country and do everything they can for its peace and stability rather, they are bent on its destruction. May God bless you all!

But you will all live to see Nigeria recover from this complex sickness as Nigerians begins to say, 'we've never had it so good'.  smiley smiley smiley

That time, is coming and it will happen! grin

Secondly, Nigerians are all aware that, the political grounds of our country is on shaky ground at the moment and has been for a very long time, people! It needs to be thoroughly and fairly reviewed with time.  

In my opinion, there's an imbalance in the recruitment policy/processes of the 4 Armed Forces of this country, resulting in a gap or shortfall in military men that should have been recruited in the past, from the East, West and South respectively,  of this country.   

This needs serious redressing for Nigerian's peace and stability, as well as help in erasing the general thinking that Nigeria's security, is controlled by one ethic group. Remember, having being in power for over 40 years has led to most Northerns thinking, that Nigeria belongs to them alone and that's a lie, isn't it? 

I refer them to the history of Nigeria and for their information once again, Nigeria belongs to all of us, both East, West North and South of its frontiers and they mustn't forget that!

Also, since they've started to divide the country into two, by way of intimidation and terrorising Nigerians in their own country - killing, maiming and driving them out of their own private properties well, Nigerians from the East, West and South will not hesitate to return to their bases but the price is this, the North will loose out!   

Personally, I urge the President not to buckle to the pressure and to continue with his determination in re-building Nigeria, by standing firm, in what he believes in.

May the Lord endow you with wisdom, guide and strengthen you in your thirst to re-building our shattered economy!

God Bless the President and his team!
[/size][/b]
Re: Jang: Only Haters Of Nigeria, Economic Recovery Oppose Subsidy Removal by aljharem(m): 2:33am On Jan 07, 2012
Theblessed:

God bless you Mr Jang!

God bless you, for speaking out about this economic recovery going on in Nigeria and for supporting the government for standing firm on its economic recovery policy for a better Nigeria. 

You're the only one I know that have spoken out about this issue and that's because, you love your country and crave for it's peace and stability thus, supporting what's right.

Change, change, and who likes change?  No one!

It is frightening isn't it? Changing from what we know/used to, to the unknown/uncertainty and not to talk of more learning that's involved in it - who wants that?  No one!  But, we all like the benefits such changes can bring to our lives, when right, abi? 

Now, listen, support the government and pull out of that your protest procession before the wicked men from the North get to you with their bombs, and shut you up for ever. cry cry

You see due to ignorance, naive and poor Nigerians have taken to the street protesting the economic reforms and forgot it is for our benefit.

The same thing happened in the early 1990's when the then government Privatised the Telecommunication Industry.  Nigerians were up in arm believing the false information they received from the alarmists and the so called economic analysts that, market prices will go up and the economy will tumble. Really? angry

And I ask, who is now benefiting from the services and ease of life the new technology brought to us?  Imagine, almost every Nigerian has a mobile phone to his/her name - a luxury only accorded to the rich and before the mobile phone phenomena in Nigeria, we have forgotten that, only the rich can afford telephones in their home, abi? undecided undecided 

These days, business dealings now takes 2 secs instead of 12 months to close.  Based on this evidence, you should all be ashamed of your selves in striking against the government instead of rallying around them as you all failed to see the motives of the rich of this country - to continue to keeping you all in bondage and that's what the government is trying to extricate you all from. 

Shame on you all and soon you'd all change your tongues and start preaching praises for the President and his team - shame on you all!!! 

And for those Nigerians protesting in London and America and where else remains, shame on them - they are as ignorant as their counterparts in Nigeria because, they lack understanding of economic facts and principles and who would blame them, when they are over here enjoying the benefits of hard core economic strategies and prowess of Margaret Thatcher? 

Did they suffer the economic hardship of that time?  No!!!! That's why they lack knowledge of what people suffered to give them what they are benefiting and enjoying at the moment, thinking it has always been like that - free for all!  No, it hadn't prices where paid for what you're benefiting, if you don't know. 

Keep protesting and causing trouble back home for poor Nigerians, over something you don't understand.     

Though life is tough in Nigeria at the moment, Nigerians are known for their resilience in times of difficulty and hardship as demonstrated in the 80/90's era when the then governments introduced their evil 'structural adjustment' that benefited no one except themselves. We are in different era now, and things are certainly done in a much different way, these days.

Nigerians were strong enough to bit off the harsh economic structural adjustment imposed on them in those decades - and if what the government is telling us at the moment is true, and their economic recovery policy is to be relied on, then, I urge Nigerians to have patience and ride this storm with fortitude, for a better future for their children.

And for those skeptics who are wishing Nigeria to crumble at this important time in our lives when, the government is trying hard to right the wrong of past government failures, and instead of loving their own country and do everything they can for its peace and stability rather, they are bent on its destruction. May God bless you all!

But you will all live to see Nigeria recover from this complex sickness as Nigerians begins to say, 'we've never had it so good'.  smiley smiley smiley

That time, is coming and it will happen! grin

Secondly, Nigerians are all aware that, the political grounds of our country is on shaky ground at the moment and has been for a very long time, people! It needs to be thoroughly and fairly reviewed with time.  

In my opinion, there's an imbalance in the recruitment policy/processes of the 4 Armed Forces of this country, resulting in a gap or shortfall in military men that should have been recruited in the past, from the East, West and South respectively,  of this country.   

This needs serious redressing for Nigerian's peace and stability, as well as help in erasing the general thinking that Nigeria's security, is controlled by one ethic group. Remember, having being in power for over 40 years has led to most Northerns thinking, that Nigeria belongs to them alone and that's a lie, isn't it? 

I refer them to the history of Nigeria and for their information once again, Nigeria belongs to all of us, both East, West North and South of its frontiers and they mustn't forget that!

Also, since they've started to divide the country into two, by way of intimidation and terrorising Nigerians in their own country - killing, maiming and driving them out of their own private properties well, Nigerians from the East, West and South will not hesitate to return to their bases but the price is this, the North will loose out!   

Personally, I urge the President not to buckle to the pressure and to continue with his determination in re-building Nigeria, by standing firm, in what he believes in.

May the Lord endow you with wisdom, guide and strengthen you in your thirst to re-building our shattered economy!

God Bless the President and his team!

remove that bigoted brain of north south or whatever, I am a southerner like you

Now this is what the protest is all about

[size=16pt][b]it seems after all the talking, shouting, teaching, lecture, protest, directing, educating etc people are doing, you still don't know why people are angry

1. Yes the system/ government is corrupt. In fact the country is socked in corruption

2. Yes subsidy has to go and everyone supports the FG for that

3. Before the removal of subsidy, build our refinery so we would not have this same issue in the future

4. proper security on our borders so smugglers aka the benefit thieves would not smuggle oil

5. Before removal of subsidy , CUT THE COST OF GOVERANCE. An average senator in Nigeria collects more than Obama the american president.

6. Now remove subsidy.

Other things people are protesting for because it was a build up of anger since 1970 and this was the opportunity for a revolution are

1. protest against corruption and the arrest of these people

2. protest against boko haram and killing of Christians/igbos

3. protest against the NEGLIGENT of the Niger-delta

Now what is the point of thinking ahead when there is still corruption and non-accountability in the government ?

What is the point of thinking ahead when the next administration would tell us about removal of subsidy again ?

IS THINKING AHEAD NOT BUILDING OF REFINERIES ? or you think people are stu.pid ?

Is thinking ahead not protesting against corruption ?

My advice for you is to just keep shut if you are confused to what people are protesting against or don't know what to say. thanks

Your sort of mentality is the reason why Nigeria is still where it is today. No light, No security, No shelter, No good roads, No good water, No refinery even though we are oil producing, Total neglect of infrastructure, Total neglect of the Niger-delta, Total neglect of the Niger bridge, Total neglect of people dying in the North, Lack of accountability, Lack of credibility, Lack of industrial growth apart from Oil which the entire country is dependant on, Lack of economic growth apart from the telecommunication sector by OBJ
[/b][/size]
Re: Jang: Only Haters Of Nigeria, Economic Recovery Oppose Subsidy Removal by sholatech(m): 3:01am On Jan 07, 2012
@Chikis, Clearly you don't even know what you are saying. You seem to be the one that needs days of burrying your head in journals, researches and articles on ground. Who is even talking about 'privatisation' when it relates to the Nigerian downstream sector in these days??and yet you mentioned using a search engine which you didn't use yourself??
Abegi!! This goes to show why you support the removal of subsidy without any fact or knowledge about the Industry aside that you hear that it is only a few that enjoy the benefits of subsidies. Do you know since when the industry started witnessing deregulation?I guess you think it is just starting. What are you privatising in the present-day Nigerian downstream oil sector? As an illustration, can you spot the difference between 'privatisation of Nitel' and 'deregulation of the Nigerian telecom sector'? I am sure you are one of those likening the deregulation of a service-oriented telecom sector with the deregulation of a commodity-dependent oil sector.
Re: Jang: Only Haters Of Nigeria, Economic Recovery Oppose Subsidy Removal by Theblessed(f): 2:59am On Jan 08, 2012
[size=16pt]The truth is that most Nigerians have inane tribalistic hatred in their hearts and thus, have difficulty discerning the truth. 

The President is trying to do them a favour which past Presidents failed to do - to raise up Nigerian, but they can not see the complex work the President is trying to achieve in order to give Nigeria a better future - una soriooooo!  Instead, they're bent on attack, violence and terrorism in order to de-stabilise our country.

One day una go understand that this man is the only one, in Nigerian history that ever tried.  Good luck to una!
[/size]
Re: Jang: Only Haters Of Nigeria, Economic Recovery Oppose Subsidy Removal by aljharem(m): 3:05am On Jan 08, 2012
Theblessed:

[b]But, who is this intimidator? 

Look Mr Intimidator, you can't intimidate me, ok!

To you, the President would not deliver and who do you think would deliver, then?  You or the President you chose for us, Nigerians?

Here you are complaining that past governments failed to deliver and I ask, where were you then, with your strike campaign entourage?

Were you not born, then?  How old were you in 1970's, 1980's, 1990's and 2000's decades?  And, what did you and your strike entourage do to challenge all those Northern Presidents and Military Generals that stuffed away our monies in their little pouches in Switzerland thus, rendered Nigerians poorer than they naturally are and did nothing to raise up our country - what did you do Mr Striking Champion??

Look we know as much as you and other do, so don't come here to fool your self thinking you can deceive us.

Imagine, you'd only woken up now, because you hate the bottom sitting on the throne at Aso Rock, eh??  A Southerner sitting on our throne, get rid of him, nobe sooo? Well, we urge you to try!

You are full of hate and ino go work for una.

You see, your intimidation and your terror campaigns - where you cold bloodedly kill, maime innocent Nigerians who are struggling to make ends meet will not stop the will of God manifesting in Nigeria.

Since you lot want to divide our beautiful country that's ok, but listen - the North will eat the sand up there in the desert and South will drink the water down here in the ocean, how about that

Take a pick because, when this trouble you lot are cooking up starts to bubble up remember this, you would not have legs to stand and you'd all regret it.

Keep cooking up trouble and God bless you lot with your silly striking and bombing campaigns up and down our country!!!!

[/b]

There is no intimating there

Lets for once JUST ONCE IN THE HISTORY of nigeria remove Tribalism in our thinking and maybe jsut maybe things would get better for us all.

Moreover you talk like bliss4life but that aside. Please biko nu my sister this is not about GEJ and was never about GEJ. It has always been about corruption
Re: Jang: Only Haters Of Nigeria, Economic Recovery Oppose Subsidy Removal by Theblessed(f): 3:15am On Jan 08, 2012
alj harem:

remove that bigoted brain of north south or whatever, I am a southerner like you

Now this is what the protest is all about

[size=16pt][b]it seems after all the talking, shouting, teaching, lecture, protest, directing, educating etc people are doing, you still don't know why people are angry

1. Yes the system/ government is corrupt. In fact the country is socked in corruption

2. Yes subsidy has to go and everyone supports the FG for that

3. Before the removal of subsidy, build our refinery so we would not have this same issue in the future

4. proper security on our borders so smugglers aka the benefit thieves would not smuggle oil

5. Before removal of subsidy , CUT THE COST OF GOVERANCE. An average senator in Nigeria collects more than Obama the american president.

6. Now remove subsidy.

Other things people are protesting for because it was a build up of anger since 1970 and this was the opportunity for a revolution are

1. protest against corruption and the arrest of these people

2. protest against boko haram and killing of Christians/igbos

3. protest against the NEGLIGENT of the Niger-delta

Now what is the point of thinking ahead when there is still corruption and non-accountability in the government ?

What is the point of thinking ahead when the next administration would tell us about removal of subsidy again ?

IS THINKING AHEAD NOT BUILDING OF REFINERIES ? or you think people are stu.pid ?

Is thinking ahead not protesting against corruption ?

My advice for you is to just keep shut if you are confused to what people are protesting against or don't know what to say. thanks

Your sort of mentality is the reason why Nigeria is still where it is today. No light, No security, No shelter, No good roads, No good water, No refinery even though we are oil producing, Total neglect of infrastructure, Total neglect of the Niger-delta, Total neglect of the Niger bridge, Total neglect of people dying in the North, Lack of accountability, Lack of credibility, Lack of industrial growth apart from Oil which the entire country is dependant on, Lack of economic growth apart from the telecommunication sector by OBJ
[/b][/size]

[b][size=16pt]But, who is this intimidator? 

Look Mr Intimidator, you can't intimidate me, ok!

To you, the President would not deliver and who do you think would deliver, then?  You or the President you chose for us, Nigerians?

Here you are complaining that past governments failed to deliver and I ask, where were you then, with your strike campaign entourage?

Were you not born, then?  How old were you in 1970's, 1980's, 1990's and 2000's decades?  And, what did you and your strike entourage do to challenge all those Northern Presidents and Military Generals that stuffed away our monies in their little pouches in Switzerland thus, rendered Nigerians poorer than they naturally are and did nothing to raise up our country - what did you do Mr Striking Champion??

Look we know as much as you and other do, so don't come here to fool your self thinking you can deceive us.

Imagine, you'd only woken up now, because you hate the bottom sitting on the throne at Aso Rock, eh??  A Southerner sitting on our throne, get rid of him, nobe sooo? Well, we urge you to try!

You are full of hate and ino go work for una.

You see, your intimidation and your terror campaigns - where you cold bloodedly kill, maime innocent Nigerians who are struggling to make ends meet will not stop the will of God manifesting in Nigeria.

Since you lot want to divide our beautiful country that's ok, but listen - the North will eat the sand up there in the desert and South will drink the water down here in the ocean, how about that

Take a pick because, when this trouble you lot are cooking up starts to bubble up remember this, you would not have legs to stand and you'd all regret it.

Keep cooking up trouble and God bless you lot with your silly striking and bombing campaigns up and down our country!!!!

[/size][/b]
Re: Jang: Only Haters Of Nigeria, Economic Recovery Oppose Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 08, 2012
why jang no go defend?

oga gej abeg whatever happens, even if they kill 20,000 biroms in one night, don't declare emergency in jos

i am loyal
Re: Jang: Only Haters Of Nigeria, Economic Recovery Oppose Subsidy Removal by PastorKun(m): 3:40pm On Jan 08, 2012
The insignificant and insincere 'cuts' in expenditure as announced by GEJ yesterday does not even begin to scratch the surface of the problem yet some people are applauding for 'taking a step in the right direction'. Any step short of withdrawing the 2012 appropriation bill currently before the NASS and replacing it with one in which recurrent expenditures has been slashed to not more than 30% of budget as opposed to the current 70% and capital expenditure increased in the same proportion while also capturing the savings to be made from subsidy removal as an addition to the capital vote, would be totally unacceptable to Nigerians. This should not be a fight to retain an abusive and cancerous subsidy but rather a fight for good governance, prudent management of resources and accountability from our leaders so that we can all be collectively better off as a nation.
Re: Jang: Only Haters Of Nigeria, Economic Recovery Oppose Subsidy Removal by itodje(m): 1:05pm On Jan 13, 2012
nigerians are nolonger fools and fg can not use us like bfore
Re: Jang: Only Haters Of Nigeria, Economic Recovery Oppose Subsidy Removal by Kobojunkie: 2:30pm On Jan 13, 2012
If he did make such statements, I do hope people of the State realize that a Governor such a this is what Nigeria DOES NOT NEED. Calling members of the constituents "HATERS" should be grounds for removal, no matter who you are.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Presidential Cows On The Streets Of Abuja? (pics) / Stop The Killings Of Traditional Rulers In Imo - DailyTrust Editorial / Announcement To All Non Indigene Living In Ikorodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.