Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,435 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack (17129 Views)

Ben Brice Reacts To #8.4billion Naira Wardrobe Allowance / Kogi Deeper Life Church Attack Gang Leader Arrested In Edo State / 3 Dead, Others Wounded In Gombe Church Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by moshoodn(m): 5:21am On Jan 06, 2012
davidylan:

but but i thought christians were protecting praying muslims in Kano the other day . . . nigerian christians are such gullible morons.
I hate to express this but i totally agree with you on this!
EagleNest:

Another sad news. A repeat of 1966 war is imminent. While the Govt remain weak and confused, Christian shuld do everything possible to defend themselves. They shuld stop being too spiritual! At the background preparation shuld be on top gear in case seccession finally happens. Christians of Northern extraction what will be their faith as well as moslems of Southern extraction? Finally counting down for the eventual collapse of Nigeria b/c the Govt doesnt seem to have answers to security problem in today's Nigeria. My heart bleeds for Nigeria. Is that how the coockie will crumble?
Jonathan is just another Ironsi. . . Believe me.
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by moshoodn(m): 5:27am On Jan 06, 2012
Rgp92:

What are people doing in church on thursday??
Praying or what else.
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by LEXYLOV: 5:46am On Jan 06, 2012
For God sake what are this people still doing in the land of evil. cry Must they stay there or worship there Why can't they just leave the animals in human flesh alone and come back home. In fact am very disappointed in them. My heart goes to families of those that died and wounded. This should be a sound lesson for the rest people to vacate the evil forest they are staying cry
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by Nobody: 5:53am On Jan 06, 2012
Waiting for the expected "these are not muslims" line in 4, 3, 2 . . .
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by episkopos(m): 5:55am On Jan 06, 2012
Wow
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by episkopos(m): 5:57am On Jan 06, 2012
all4naija:
@yiladogo

Your God needs to fight for you because you are helpless and he's not doing that because he doesn't exist. Perhaps he exist only in your hallucinating mind!

This is an insult. So there are pple who still believe there is no God. I pity you
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by ignis: 5:59am On Jan 06, 2012
Boko haram again,
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by adamushaibu(m): 6:02am On Jan 06, 2012
It's unfortunate but I think Christian should get security men with guns and camera in worship places. Christian should pray even more and preach more. No body, institution has ever fought Christianity and won. They've failed already for targeting Christians. Read ur bible and look/study history. I know they (attackers) have programme themselves for failure & disaster. I pray God will expose them, cutting/exposing their influence
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by ayusman16(m): 6:04am On Jan 06, 2012
Today is Friday. Let's see if there is going to be reprisal in the mosques down South today? They can't keep killing people like chickens are later say they are not Muslims. Government cannot protect people therefore we also need to take up arms and protect ourselves.
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by episkopos(m): 6:11am On Jan 06, 2012
The reality of the matter is God already has a plan (even b4 we were born). Weda we pray or not the will of God will be done concerning what is going on. The isrealite were enslaved for several years (did they pray 2 be free? Ofcos they would have) but when God got ready(according to HIS PLAN) he did it. Let's get a msg across to all our friends they should stay home and pray silently. This is not the time to test or show off wiv Gods power
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by Nobody: 6:12am On Jan 06, 2012
ayusman16:

Today is Friday. Let's see if there is going to be reprisal in the mosques down South today? They can't keep killing people like chickens are later say they are not Muslims. Government cannot protect people therefore we also need to take up arms and protect ourselves.

nah, the christians would be using themselves as human shields to protect the mosques . . . and islam claims it is a religion of peace? Shame.
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by efisher(m): 6:13am On Jan 06, 2012
Simple solution: Leave the north for them and relocate down south. Let's begin to plan a peaceful separation.
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by SILAKABUWA: 6:14am On Jan 06, 2012
When Igbo killed 60 Igbos in Ebonyi, na snooker game, abi, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by tEsLim(m): 6:15am On Jan 06, 2012
The country will split. By the way how did they or could they be doing this even when everybody having problems with fuel subsidy i taught we should all fight the subsidy now and then anything later. Split is near. Atleast first split North Nigeria
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by episkopos(m): 6:16am On Jan 06, 2012
It doesn't make any sense to kill muslims down south cos even muslims in the north see the muslims in the south as different from them (probably cos they don't kill like them or cos dey are educated) and also most definitely it would affect some of our very close pals so, it really doesn't make sense
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by SILAKABUWA: 6:17am On Jan 06, 2012
Nah, no separation!!!  IGBO they romance south-south because of oil, we love south-south too, my brother GEJ,  wink wink wink
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by episkopos(m): 6:20am On Jan 06, 2012
Do you think the hausas in the govt will accept separation? Lai lai. They got their eyes on the oil too
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by Lovine: 6:36am On Jan 06, 2012
LeoMax

You seemed to me to be an atheist or a Muslim, so you want me to know that the creator of heaven and earth, the one who only know how you were formed is powerless. Bible told us about all these and they are persecutions, tribulations and all these points to the second coming of Christ. A true child of God will have no problem we shall continue to love God whether He protects us or not. This world is not our home, we are just passing through including you. REPENT BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE.
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by Lovine: 6:39am On Jan 06, 2012
Muslim extremists in Uganda throw acid on church leader
(Source: Compass Direct News)

Islamic extremists threw acid on a church leader on Christmas Eve, leaving him with severe burns that have blinded one eye and threaten his sight in the other. Bishop Umar Mulinde, 37, who was previously a sheikh (Islamic teacher), was attacked when a man who claimed to be a Christian approached him.

"I heard him say in a loud voice, 'Pastor, pastor,' and as I made a turn and looked at him, he poured the liquid onto my face as others poured more liquid on my back and then fled away shouting, 'Allahu akbar ,'" Mulinde said. At last report, his face, neck and arms bore deep black scars from the acid and his lips were swollen. The wounds are so severe that he may need plastic surgery. Police have reportedly arrested one suspect.

Mulinde is married and has six children. He has faced several injuries and attacks from Muslims since his conversion to Christianity in 1993.

Pray the Lord will heal Mulinde's physical and emotional wounds. Pray that he will receive all the treatment he needs. Pray he will remain steadfast in the faith (1 Peter 5:8-10). Pray that the perpetrators will repent and turn to Christ. Pray for those in authority who are dealing with this case.

WHAT DO MAKE UP ALL THESE? WHAT GOD DO THE MUSLIMS WORSHIP?
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by Nobody: 6:41am On Jan 06, 2012
Quite unfortunate, in reaction tojavascript:void(0); Oritsejafor, Kumuyi said that Christians should not take up arms to defend themselfes, they should depend on prayers sad now the BokoHaram has chosen to start with his member shocked. Can't church at least formed a vigilante group from his member, to guard the perimeter of the church while others pray? If they are not carrying arms, they can at least raise alarm for others to take cover before the killings start embarassed
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by Onlytruth(m): 6:44am On Jan 06, 2012
SILAKABUWA:

Nah, no separation!!!  IGBO they romance south-south because of oil, we love south-south too, my brother GEJ,  wink wink wink

lol, this SILAKABUWA character is high on some cheap drug. Stoopid conspiracy theorist.

This SE/SS rapport and oneness is really upsetting some of the old parasites in Nigeria. They are really restless!
chai! Any person from SE/SS must be wondering why these guys are restless.

SW has been working CLOSELY with Hausa/Fulani from 1967. They enjoyed hidden power sharing until Jonathan showed up (by sheer luck), and started to shake things up to favor everybody. Now they are protesting.

Most of Nigeria's oil ONSHORE is in IGBOLAND from Imo/Abia to Rivers. Anambra has over 1 billion barrels of oil untapped. Just for your thieving information.
Now that subsidy is gone for good, maybe we can start tapping it after Orient refinery comes on stream.

SUBSIDY MUST GO!  cool

@Topic

I hope y'all see why I keep saying that protesters of subsidy are liars and pretenders. The main issues (Nigerians killing Nigerians) are firmly under the carpet, and they want us to protest against a policy that will finally stop their thieving activities. AIN'T HAPPENING FOLKS!

March against mass murder and terror!  cool cool cool
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by gaddafe(m): 6:53am On Jan 06, 2012
Boko Haram are bloody cowards. They are not responsible for this. This is just the handwork of some unscrupulous element complimenting the damage already done by BH. It can happen under anybody's regime.
What i think GEJ should do (even though i know he is a dunce) is to declare a full state of emergency on this particular state, ask the governor to step down for a while, while a military administrator takes charge of the security of the state and the military admin should be given such orders "any attempt by the civilian populace to test your will should be ruthlessly dealt with".
What i think the christians should do is to purchase a gun (those that have liver o). If you are a male always go to the church wearing a jean or suit (even if na fake suit) with the gun well tucked in. If such event ever occur, the fatality will be from both sides.
It is clear the northerners dont want the christians there so those that choose to stay should worship their God with their eyes open.
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by obowunmi(m): 6:59am On Jan 06, 2012
Nigerians are a funny bunch.
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by Orikinla(m): 6:59am On Jan 06, 2012
Ignorance kills. Please, what did our Messiah Jesus Christ say about preaching the Good News. He said leave if they reject you. They gave you three days to leave and you ignored their warning. You think President Jonathan can save you? God said my people perish from lack of knowledge.
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by Nobody: 7:01am On Jan 06, 2012
NO WONDER  angry angry angry angry angry angryI SAW THEM LEAVING PH ENMASS ON WEDNESSDAY NIGHT WITH OVER 5 TRUCK LOADED TO THE BREAM. THIS GUYS ARE READY TO TAKE NON INDIGENS IN THE NORTH DOWN
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by Nobody: 7:11am On Jan 06, 2012
@Orikinla and Co, I agree Southern Xtians should leave sad but what of the indigenous Xtians in the north, where should they go That Pastor of DLBC in Gombe is actually not sounding like a southerner, his wife has been killed cry lipsrsealed
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by NegroNtns(m): 7:14am On Jan 06, 2012
Ignorance kills. Please, what did our Messiah Jesus Christ say about preaching the Good News. He said leave if they reject you. They gave you three days to leave and you ignored their warning.

Oriki, what are you talking about. . . . grin Uwazuruike told them not to go anywhere, to stay put and ignore the ultimatum.
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by NegroNtns(m): 7:16am On Jan 06, 2012
but what of the indigenous Xtians in the north, where should they go

cogito, they are your responsibility, you should come up with a plan to save them.
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by seunlayi(m): 7:18am On Jan 06, 2012
cogitoErgo:

Quite unfortunate, in reaction tojavascript:void(0); Oritsejafor, Kumuyi said that Christians should not take up arms to defend themselfes, they should depend on prayers sad now the BokoHaram has chosen to start with his member shocked. Can't church at least formed a vigilante group from his member, to guard the perimeter of the church while others pray? If they are not carrying arms, they can at least raise alarm for others to take cover before the killings start embarassed
you are on track, why did they choose deeper life for the attack?  Hop our house is not divided against itself? And boko haram are yet to claim responsibility for the attack, hmmm, I smelt a rat in this.

1 Like

Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by Rockers4l: 7:25am On Jan 06, 2012
crazy moda fuckers,sumtyms i wonda d type of person dis muhamed iz,am sure dat fool iz rotin in hell 4 mislaedin thausand of souls anyway wat i kno iz dat muslem in d name of anti christ wil b deafeated.dia hav bin profesy abt tausands of year dat muhamed wil surely b deafeatd so fuckup muslim fools,islam iz a threat to humanity if more threat to it worshippers
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by chuqudy(m): 7:26am On Jan 06, 2012
I have kept silent all these days but I think it is time to break my silence. First of all, I want to use this opportunity to let it register in your brain that all muslims in the north and south are in support of boko haram. Sambo, Asari Dokubo, buhari, Ibb, Atiku and all the muslim PDP, ANPP, CPC etc are in support of boko haram. I pity Jonathan. He is like a sheep surrounded  by wolves. My advise to a non muslim(Christians, traditonalists, atheists etc) is to understand that this evil cult called islam is not your friend. If you see any muslim, try to be careful with him. I repeat, every muslim is a member of boko haram. The solution to Boko haram is the total elimination and execution of any Alah worshiping entity. Islam needs be uprooted completely from the root and eradicated from the history of the world. So, my dear non muslims, defend yourself and don't believe any muslim that tells you that he is not in support of boko haram. I can't live in the north. But if should live there, I would fortify myself with amunitions. I would silently poison and kill  every muslim that comes my way. I hate Islam with all my body, mind, soul and spirit. My dream is to destroy all Muslims not because I hate people that do not worship in my religion, but because I hate people who kill in the name of an unknown and unseen beign.

Finally, if you are a Christian, traditionalist, atheist, join me in this campain against this blood sucking occultic society called islam. Defend yourself. If I were the one that lost my relatives during that Crismas bombing, by now I must have killed all hausas living in amausa in my area and beyond even with my last drop of blood.
Re: Death Toll Rises to 8 ( CNN ) ,Others Wounded In Nigeria Gombe Church Attack by PHC4(m): 7:31am On Jan 06, 2012
At the appropriate time, Jehovah GOD will visit HIS wrath upon you all that continuously commit blasphemy against HIM! Satanic e, eed.oits!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU / AIT Denies Maltreating The Presidency During The Campaign Period / Buhari Holds Presidential Media Chat Wednesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.