Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,832 members, 7,956,150 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:45 AM

Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? (9518 Views)

“even If Buhari Presents NEPA Bill As Certificate, I Will Vote For Him” –ikpeba / Mr Ibu Also Going Into Politics (campaign Photos) / Why Is NEPA Non-existent In Lekki Phase 1? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by Vansnickers: 8:39am On Jan 06, 2012
Since we have been advised to stock-pile on food, is there going to electricity? or will we be forced to go and buy fuel at #145 just to preserve our food?
Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by efisher(m): 6:44pm On Jan 06, 2012
NLC doesn't care about the masses. They only care about their pockets. If u want to target the FG, leave out markets, banks, PHCN, etc and shut down oil facilities plus maybe airports and seaports.
Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by octar6: 9:42am On Jan 07, 2012
probably yes. If the intension of the strike is to paralyse the economy.
Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by Nobody: 10:12am On Jan 07, 2012
PHCN or NEPA ? Anyway, there is no strike anymore.
Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by dbride: 10:20am On Jan 07, 2012
@LeoMax, pls take a stand; you waver too much and cannot get anything done that way. Much love
Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by JUO(m): 10:24am On Jan 07, 2012
i think so
Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by Nobody: 10:27am On Jan 07, 2012
I aint stocking nada, i am going to live on vegetables (grasses) and water till they call off the strike. . .
Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by chelseabmw(m): 10:47am On Jan 07, 2012
shocked
Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by iGuru1(m): 10:53am On Jan 07, 2012
phcn can go on strike if they want to, but the sun cant go on strike.
Get a solar System.
Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by karlmax2: 10:56am On Jan 07, 2012
i-Guru:
phcn can go on strike if they want to, but the sun cant go on strike.
Get a solar System.

My broda Ʊ don make ur adjustment already!!! Tell demoo make dem ∂eƔ there ∂eƔ fight for freebie
Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by Nobody: 11:00am On Jan 07, 2012
Phcn falls under essential services but if it decides to join the strike,it should also cut electric supply to Asokoro,Aso drive,Maitama,Garki,Apo quarters,central Area and wuse 2 so that everybody will suffer the effect of their strike.
Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by Timonology: 11:06am On Jan 07, 2012
Na jst God fit save nigeria, chai
Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by zerocool(m): 11:28am On Jan 07, 2012
And doctors too should go on strike. Damn country!
Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by Jabioro: 11:41am On Jan 07, 2012
Already they were on strike,insult upon injury,yeye pple,puttin d cat b4 horse.
Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by Pukkah: 11:48am On Jan 07, 2012
Isn't NEPA on a permanent strike (skeletal) already? Does a man that is down fear a fall?
Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by seunlayi(m): 12:00pm On Jan 07, 2012
since they know that if they strike for 5 months they are still going to collect their salary that is why they always try to shut down the economy of the masses rather than targeting the government

1 Like

Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by PapaBrowne(m): 12:21pm On Jan 07, 2012
We are going oin strike against ourselves. So when the hunger bites, we will all go back to work.
NLC doesn't use its brains. How can you seek to punish the masses instead of punishing the government.

If markets close down, it is we the people that would suffer. If we stock foods at home and cannot preserve it because there is no light and no fuel to use the generators, it is we who would suffer.

There are better ways to get at the government. This action would be too harsh on the average Nigerian.
Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by jpphilips(m): 12:22pm On Jan 07, 2012
some of you sound like mofos

labor can only do what they can in the situation, if men like el rufai,falana and labour can stand up to injustice who the heck are you to cast aspersion
useless. people. should labor refuse to strike, what options do u have? go home and cry I guess,
evil spirited poropos
Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jan 07, 2012
PapaBrowne:

We are going oin strike against ourselves. So when the hunger bites, we will all go back to work.
NLC doesn't use its brains. How can you seek to punish the masses instead of punishing the government.

If markets close down, it is we the people that would suffer. If we stock foods at home and cannot preserve it because there is no light and no fuel to use the generators, it is we who would suffer.

There are better ways to get at the government. This action would be too harsh on the average Nigerian.

how sir ?
Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by efisher(m): 12:28pm On Jan 07, 2012
I wonder how many times you see govt officials line up in bank or go to the market to buy garri. Most of them have Mikano silent generators which run on diesel (Diesel which is supplied directly to their homes). Some of them have fuel stations and others have friends who have fuel stations.

Here's where it hurts: Shut down oil production and Obama, Cameron et al will come knocking at our doors. How labor can achieve that is a subject for another discussion. Focus is key.
Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by Knorkastur: 12:32pm On Jan 07, 2012
Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by DAY12(m): 12:34pm On Jan 07, 2012
Thank God am not a Nigerian! angry

Na country be dis so? undecided
Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 07, 2012
efisher:

I wonder how many times you see govt officials line up in bank or go to the market to buy garri. Most of them have Mikano silent generators which run on diesel (Diesel which is supplied directly to their homes). Some of them have fuel stations and others have friends who have fuel stations.

Here's where it hurts: Shut down oil production and Obama, Cameron et al will come knocking at our doors. How labor can achieve that is a subject for another discussion. Focus is key.

That is why the nation needs to be shut down totally.Pengassan,Nupeng and other oil workers should be included even escravos and forcados should feel the heat.Operation lockdown activated !
Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jan 07, 2012
Phcn/nepa has been on strike for ovr 30yrs nw in 9ja so whats d big deal. Light dey 9ja b4 abi u just flew in2 d country? Such question makes me wonder if its d same darkness subsidised 9ja u r talkn abt or another1. Man u wnt feel phcn's vacum cuz its bin a way of life here, ur concern shld be on our inabilities to power our generators anymore cos of d new f.g induced hike on petrol which is unaffordable by d majority. Nigerians power themslvs my dear and nt phcn.
Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by PapaBrowne(m): 12:47pm On Jan 07, 2012
~Bluetooth:

how sir ?
There you go

efisher:

Perfect answer!
Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 07, 2012
PapaBrowne:

There you go
Perfect answer!

How can NLC/TUC picket the oil flow station or paralyze the oil upstream sector when the Industrial court has decided to make it a loabour issue ? Let every Nigeria make sacrifice to drive and achieve the victory against this evil policy that threaten them.Why should nigerians even wait for labour in the first instance if not because of our lack of unity ? Fuel subsidy affects every Nigerian and every nigerian must fight against it !
Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by Koikoi(m): 1:03pm On Jan 07, 2012
Shut down the system and see who blinks first. I cannot understand why pple don't use their brains? The average Nigerian depends on daily income how long do you think they will survive with such a strike action?
Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jan 07, 2012
If Nigeria is shut down,so FG doesnt lose abi ? Now i know how dull you are.
Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by Chubhie: 1:26pm On Jan 07, 2012
Thought phcn is permanently on strike? havnt seen or used nepa close to two months runing.
Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by sugar001(f): 1:27pm On Jan 07, 2012
I ve not seen phcn light for the past 3 months here in Nta road, Ph. So I guess they are already on strike.
Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by Koikoi(m): 1:53pm On Jan 07, 2012
~Bluetooth:

If Nigeria is shut down,so FG doesnt lose abi ? Now i know how dull you are.

My friend this is not a question of being dull. Use your common sense to add it up. How long do you think the average Nigerian can hold out on such a strike.
Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by Diligence: 2:11pm On Jan 07, 2012
As a nation of Rule of Law, no more strike; so says Nigeria Industrial Court - in short it's gonna be no work no pay from Monday - 9th instant.

I hv alwaz told folks that going on strike wld further impoverish the poor masses.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Edo Government Takes Custody Of Two Abandoned Children (Photos) / Atiku Will Liberate Nigeria If Elected, Says Titi Abubakar / Finance Act: Stamp Duty Collection - Fresh Crisis Looms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.