Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,675 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? (9118 Views)

“even If Buhari Presents NEPA Bill As Certificate, I Will Vote For Him” –ikpeba / Mr Ibu Also Going Into Politics (campaign Photos) / Why Is NEPA Non-existent In Lekki Phase 1? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by xynerise: 2:21pm On Jan 07, 2012
Will d strike still hold? undecided. If yes then endtime has started in Nigeria. People have already been dying of hunger before d strike let alone when d strike starts. Lets be rational about issues like this and stop acting like we are not affected. This NLC dont know what an average Nigerian suffers in a day. They should block d oil sector rather than d market where poor people depend on. Sikena!
Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by megaomo(m): 2:28pm On Jan 07, 2012
Ladies and Gentle Nigerians,My question is this, how will NLC take over oil facilities,general government facilities and installations without the aid of you and me. NLC and TUC are mandated by us to stand in for us in such an event,they have no power over the police or armed forces,only a lame task force that will chicken when the FG uses its long arms. The federal government better not think NLC is procastinating.
Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 07, 2012
xynerise:

Will d strike still hold? undecided. If yes then endtime has started in Nigeria. People have already been dying of hunger before d strike let alone when d strike starts. Lets be rational about issues like this and stop acting like we are not affected. This NLC dont know what an average Nigerian suffers in a day. They should block d oil sector rather than d market where poor people depend on. Sikena!

it doesnt matter if the poor suffers to achieve this purpose.if the poor didnt die of hunger during the days of obasanjo,why would they die now ?
Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by xynerise: 2:42pm On Jan 07, 2012
^you are heartless. Well I dont blame u, is because u eat 3 square meal daily that is why u retch out ur voice grin
Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by akanutong: 3:07pm On Jan 07, 2012
God bless bluethooth,koikoi,papabrowne and efishe. i wounder what would come of the peasant trader that leave on a daily income, i think this idea is instituting hardship on the masses.
why is it always the masses that suffer every time sef angry

first was removing subsidy for the to masses suffer
now is shutting down utility services, thereby instituting more hardship. shocked

why is it always the masses that suffers.

i think all the masses should stand up against any measures that may lead to their suffering, this is far from sacrifice please.
Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by manny4life(m): 5:07pm On Jan 07, 2012
Koikoi:

Shut down the system and see who blinks first. I cannot understand why pple don't use their brains? The average Nigerian depends on daily income how long do you think they will survive with such a strike action?

Who blinks first? Duh who do you think will blink first? The average man has been used to this kind of scenarios (not that I'm an as/s when I say this), but govt CANNOT afford to loose sale of 1.5million barrels of oil x 100 = $150million. Believe me, after 7days, they will come back to their sense when they losing close to $1billion. Such an oil shortage will cause increase in demand and price goes up the more, I need not explain what happens next

This is just Oil, as for banking, CEO with power and connections want to make money, each day that pass by, they are losing tens of millions of Naira in revenues, what do you think they will do? Obviously, they will send in their power brokers; then you'll see the power of lobbying.

Every sector that looses employees is losing revenues even the CBN will be running low of short staff, when banks are not opened, who will they be catering to? imagine if CBN looses revenue for 7days, that will run SLS crazy. When the economy looses close to $2 to $3billion weekly, you'll see that they will begin to act immediately to come to a resolve; don't underestimate the POWER of LABOR and UNION. They can MAKE and BREAK YOU, question is that it needs to be thoroughly executed WELL for effective results. I mean SABOTAGE any govt (backdoor) effort for instance trying to hire cheap labor to do their job, because when there aren't laborers for oil dirty jobs, then you will see the crippling effect on the economy.
Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by amtheone(m): 7:19pm On Jan 07, 2012
Those guys have been on strike since
Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by fasa2020(m): 9:06pm On Jan 07, 2012
who cares ? Mtchewww
Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by aydotcome: 10:12am On Jan 08, 2012
why do "nairalanders" derive pleasure in using abusive language when debating/discussing on issues that requires intellectual contribution(s)?
lets make significant contribution(s) and stop the abuse/insults.it takes us nowhere.People in government are enjoying and having a good time, even when they have impacted pains on the masses, and we are here hitting each other hard.lets discuss and plan on the way forward, and back it up with actions!
Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by seunlayi(m): 9:01am On Jan 09, 2012
even during the Libyan war, their electricity was running.

1 Like

Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by Nobody: 9:06am On Jan 09, 2012
Even when PHCN no strike what was their benefit? U see light before? No generator you dey use?
Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by buckzy12(f): 9:47am On Jan 09, 2012
phcn should leave our light on and go on strike
Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by Wilywily11: 10:34am On Jan 09, 2012
Please every one ignore any Strike called by Fraudulent Yorubas and Dirty Stinking Hausa/Fulanis.
Oil is not theirs, Soooooo if they want free petrol let them kill some of their kinsmen and refine their blood to petrol. Silly Stuuupiid people.
Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by Pukkah: 4:27pm On Jan 10, 2012
It is as clear as daylight that it is not everyone with access to the internet that is a fit and proper person.

By their posts you shall know them; even lunatics at a sanatorium would make more sense. Their posts are devoid of a minimum modicum of sense and easily betray their sick state of mind and ill-breeding.

Oh God, I beseech thee, heal them and rid them of their lunacy and hooliganism for they are a clear and present danger to your other creatures.
Re: Is Nepa Also Going On Strike? by kl2020: 12:34am On Jan 12, 2012
Nepa has been on strike since 1960

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Rooted In Corruption- Atiku / Yoruba Prefer Restructuring, Not 2023 Presidency – Afenifere / Why Governors Should Emulate Buhari’s Way Of Governance – Ribadu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.