Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,920 members, 7,814,098 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Rented Government ‘protesters’ Queue For Payment - Pictures. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rented Government ‘protesters’ Queue For Payment - Pictures. (13591 Views)

Katch Ononuju Rented Protesters For Saraki - Sahara Reporters / Journalists Queue For Food In Kogi Government House - Photos / Inec Adhoc Staff Protests For Non-payment (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rented Government ‘protesters’ Queue For Payment - Pictures. by Gbawe: 12:37am On Jan 07, 2012
What a shameless Government !!!! This is part of what GEJ wants more money to do. I.e buy minds, "endorsements" and "backing" for all his nefarious policies. We saw this throw-money-at-everything approach before the elections. Next, if he gets away with this, we will go through this same charade for 7 years tenure elongation and every other crazy policy this champion of AGIPs wants to ram down the throats of Nigerians. Reno Omokri was probably handing out the 'performance allowance' in person.  wink wink

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/rented-government-%E2%80%98protesters%E2%80%99-queue-payment-after-pro-fuel-subsidy-rally

Rented Government ‘Protesters’ Queue For Payment After Pro-fuel Subsidy Rally
Posted: January 6, 2012 - 23:34
By SaharaReporters, New York

To the surprise and chagrin of many today in Abuja, a rented pro-fuel subsidy crowd laid siege on Labour House in Abuja today to pressurize the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) and Trade Union Congress (TUC) to accept the removal of the subsidy.

They then promptly queued up and collected their 1000 Naira “performance” allowance per head from the Federal Government agents that recruited them in front of bemused NLC officials!
A majority of the members were illiterate local Gbagyi women and unemployed youths recruited from villages surrounding the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

Their leader, one Isah Mohammed, could not offer a convincing explanation to NLC officials about their mission, and most of the people following him did not really know why they were recruited.

Jaiye Gaskia, Convener of the United Action for Democracy (UAD) said of the shameless act of the rented crowd.

“We are here and for very good reasons too, a government that claims it has our interests at heart, refused to listen to us; implements a decision that immediately made life more brutish and unbearable for us; then sets up a committee to negotiate with us after stating that the decision is irreversible; is going to all lengths to tell blatant lies to discredit and dismiss our protests - including renting a crowd of unemployed youths to lay a siege on LABOUR HOUSE today in Abuja; and then knowing that its lies and intimidation will not work.”
Re: Rented Government ‘protesters’ Queue For Payment - Pictures. by Beaf: 12:41am On Jan 07, 2012
I can't see any money. Why are you telling lies na? shocked
Re: Rented Government ‘protesters’ Queue For Payment - Pictures. by mrofficial(m): 12:50am On Jan 07, 2012
^ SMH for you.
Re: Rented Government ‘protesters’ Queue For Payment - Pictures. by Gbawe: 12:57am On Jan 07, 2012
mr.official:

^ SMH for you.

You are paying attention to someone who is himself a 'rented' hack? Beaf was probably dabbing Omokri's forehead with a cold towel while the latter dished out 'performance allowance' in the Abuja heat. Beaf is only fighting for his pocket. Nigerians will fight for their pockets too. We will see, with the many 'challenges' facing GEJ, whether this is a sensible road to travel along.
Re: Rented Government ‘protesters’ Queue For Payment - Pictures. by Nadanbata: 1:51am On Jan 07, 2012
lmao cheesy

Welldone GEJ Welldone PDP cool cool cool
Re: Rented Government ‘protesters’ Queue For Payment - Pictures. by Odunnu: 2:19am On Jan 07, 2012
Source = SR? Mcheeew.
Re: Rented Government ‘protesters’ Queue For Payment - Pictures. by jamace(m): 6:57am On Jan 07, 2012
Tooooo baaaddd!!!! sad sad
Re: Rented Government ‘protesters’ Queue For Payment - Pictures. by Rhino5dm: 7:01am On Jan 07, 2012
It is rather unfortunate how funny lads are trying to brush away this glaring fraud. We all know  the hallmark of PDP to always present rented crowds under different auspecies to drive home their usual "massive" support or "massive" rejection mantra. They still wonder why sane folks like me can never trust them.

Well, i have a bad news for them, this fight is fight to the end, light must triumph darkness and evil. Lets see how far this buncha hungry looking gwari women will go, when the heat becomes soo  much to handle. I watch.
Re: Rented Government ‘protesters’ Queue For Payment - Pictures. by adino(m): 7:32am On Jan 07, 2012
@ Gbawe
Why are you so unintelligent, your pics proves nothing but that you as as sensible as your false alarmist sahara reporters. Those women seems to look like fashola street sweepers preparing for their fake London trip.
Gbawe Nairaland Beer Parlour Chief Chief, jobless dude.
I laugh in sahara dividers  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Rented Government ‘protesters’ Queue For Payment - Pictures. by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 07, 2012
adino/beaf
Re: Rented Government ‘protesters’ Queue For Payment - Pictures. by Johnpaul2k2(m): 10:01am On Jan 07, 2012
Re: Rented Government ‘protesters’ Queue For Payment - Pictures. by expert555: 10:03am On Jan 07, 2012
@gbawe

This post is another cynical lie I have learn on this forum to look at oater before comment. Anything cynical about government I will be looking for alj harem and you, moderator remove the shit post.
Re: Rented Government ‘protesters’ Queue For Payment - Pictures. by agabaI23(m): 10:03am On Jan 07, 2012
Gbawe:

What a shameless Government !!!! This is part of what GEJ wants more money to do. I.e buy minds, "endorsements" and "backing" for all his nefarious policies. We saw this throw-money-at-everything approach before the elections. Next, if he gets away with this, we will go through this same charade for 7 years tenure elongation and every other crazy policy this champion of AGIPs wants to ram down the throats of Nigerians. Reno Omokri was probably handing out the 'performance allowance' in person.  wink wink

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/rented-government-%E2%80%98protesters%E2%80%99-queue-payment-after-pro-fuel-subsidy-rally

If not for bias, someone with your level of objectivity would have questioned the authenticity of this picture. You cannot blame anyone who thinks it is a propaganda. I understand your passion but sometimes we miss our dance steps when the tempo is fast.
Re: Rented Government ‘protesters’ Queue For Payment - Pictures. by Rad1cal: 10:05am On Jan 07, 2012
No doubt thugs invaded the labour union territory which is a very sad and desperate move.

But the picture of these women being portrayed as the thugs is indeed clownish from the useless sahara as ever. if this were thugs of the NLC invasion, then shame to whoever is complaining.

or maybe, they are even Naija amazons looking so exhausted and marginalized . for once cant we chose to sensor what manner of garbage we are being fed with.

Sahara did not need to fabricate this cheap and clownish lying picture to enforce an original event. It simple erodes the authenticity of a valid story, thereby creating room for people to deny it ever happened
Re: Rented Government ‘protesters’ Queue For Payment - Pictures. by cindylee: 10:06am On Jan 07, 2012
If you guys listened to AIT news last night you would have heard it. AIT showed it live and I couldn't believe my eyes and ears. After their charade, they formed a queue. Dem no tell me, I watched in on 8.00PM AIT news yesterday. I usually don't make comments neither do I support Jarus but just had to now cos this news is true!
Re: Rented Government ‘protesters’ Queue For Payment - Pictures. by Nobody: 10:08am On Jan 07, 2012
Rad1cal:

No doubt thugs invaded the labour union territory which is a very sad and desperate move.

But the picture of these women being portrayed as the thugs is indeed clownish from the useless sahara as ever. if this were thugs of the NLC invasion, then shame to whoever is complaining.

or maybe, they are even Naija amazons looking so hungry and depraved. for once cant we chose to sensor what manner of garbage we are being fed with.

Sahara did not need to fabricate this cheap and clownish lying picture to enforce an original event. It simple erodes the authenticity of a valid story, thereby creating room for people to deny it ever happened

When you hired people,are you not supposed to pay ?
Re: Rented Government ‘protesters’ Queue For Payment - Pictures. by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 10:09am On Jan 07, 2012
[size=18pt]EVERYBODY KNOWS SAHARA REPORTERS ARE A BUNCH OF LYING THIEVES.[/size]
Re: Rented Government ‘protesters’ Queue For Payment - Pictures. by cindylee: 10:09am On Jan 07, 2012
Sorry I meant Gbawe. Didn't see the OP. Using my phone.
Re: Rented Government ‘protesters’ Queue For Payment - Pictures. by castrokins(m): 10:10am On Jan 07, 2012
where is the money
Re: Rented Government ‘protesters’ Queue For Payment - Pictures. by Rad1cal: 10:10am On Jan 07, 2012
cindylee:

If you guys listened to AIT news last night you would have heard it. AIT showed it live and I couldn't believe my eyes and ears. After their charade, they formed a queue. Dem no tell me, I watched in on 8.00PM AIT news yesterday. I usually don't make comments neither do I support Jarus but just had to now cos this news is true!

News or picture  . No one is doubting the news, but is the picture also true with no able bodied men in sight.

how can only these ladies create such an extreme scene as reported by the labour Union , except the news was exaggerated out of proportion
Re: Rented Government ‘protesters’ Queue For Payment - Pictures. by Rad1cal: 10:12am On Jan 07, 2012
~Bluetooth:

When you hired people,are you not supposed to pay ?

Read my post again and put your brain to good use. You simply made no sense .
Re: Rented Government ‘protesters’ Queue For Payment - Pictures. by Pukkah: 10:12am On Jan 07, 2012
If falsehood travels for 20 years, it takes only a second for truth to overtake it.

Whether FG rents a crowd or not, it is obvious that the people are angry and not happy with the government. Even a deaf, dumb and blind man can perceive it.

Expectedly, a wise and careful man would feel concerned about the gale of dissatisfaction sweeping through the country. It is nothing to gloat about or gloss over.

No one can accurately predict the future but so many signs emanting from the polity are discomforting.

This is why a discerning government needs to be very careful, bold and reflective regardless of what the greedy lackeys, gluttonous hangers-on, and selfish minions are telling it. If not, when push comes to shove, the lackeys, hangers-on and minions will all find their way leaving 'their man' to his fate.
Re: Rented Government ‘protesters’ Queue For Payment - Pictures. by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 07, 2012
ABEG MAKE SOMEONE COMMOT THIS BEAF OR TURKEY GUY FROM THIS FORUM
THIS GUY IS SO INSENSIBLE

BACK TO THE TOPIC, WHETHER THEY RENT PEOPLE OR THEY DID NOT, WE ALL KNOW THAT THAT IS A POSSIBILITY FOR A GOVERNMENT THAT IS SUPPOSED TO PROTECT THE LIVES OF IT'S CITIZEN FROM BOKO HARAM BUT SHIED AWAY AND START STARVING NIGERIANS OF THEIR RIGHT TO EXIST. OUR LEADERS ARE CRIMINALS. MANY SMALL BUSINESS HAVE BEEN ERAZED BECAUSE OF THIS SUBSIDY REMOVAL. PEOPLE NO LONGER GO OUT TO THEIR BUSINESS COS OF HIGH COST OF TRANSPORTATION. THIS GOVERNMENT ARE LYIING BITCHES JUST AS THEIR SENT SERVANT [b]B[/b]EAF/TURKEY. NIGERIANS SHOULD RISE AS ONE AND STAND AGAINST THIS MENACE ONCE AND FOR ALL.
Re: Rented Government ‘protesters’ Queue For Payment - Pictures. by baslone: 10:22am On Jan 07, 2012
Na today!
Re: Rented Government ‘protesters’ Queue For Payment - Pictures. by zeal500: 10:23am On Jan 07, 2012
The clip was also shown on AIT yesterday with visible pictures of where they where collecting money

i watched it and pray that they show it again
Re: Rented Government ‘protesters’ Queue For Payment - Pictures. by arewatech(m): 10:25am On Jan 07, 2012
na wa oo!! ;d ;d ;d
Re: Rented Government ‘protesters’ Queue For Payment - Pictures. by norrisman: 10:33am On Jan 07, 2012
@ Beaf and other apologists

Put your hand on your heart and tell me that you really believe these hungry looking women were on the pro-subsidy removal rally because they believe the government. These women look like they dont have a clue and just want to eat.
Re: Rented Government ‘protesters’ Queue For Payment - Pictures. by Nobody: 10:34am On Jan 07, 2012
Desperation is a very terrible thing o! Just because the likes of Gbawe and Sahahra destroyers want protest,they go for anything using their Y.A.N.S.H and not their BRAIN
Re: Rented Government ‘protesters’ Queue For Payment - Pictures. by bandely(m): 10:38am On Jan 07, 2012
Lawd Hammercy! shocked shocked
Re: Rented Government ‘protesters’ Queue For Payment - Pictures. by Rhino5dm: 10:39am On Jan 07, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe:

[size=18pt]EVERYBODY KNOWS SAHARA REPORTERS ARE A BUNCH OF LYING THIEVES.[/size]

speak for yourSELF!
Re: Rented Government ‘protesters’ Queue For Payment - Pictures. by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 07, 2012
Dont they pay during elections,so why are people surprise now that they are paying pro-subsidy protesters ?
Re: Rented Government ‘protesters’ Queue For Payment - Pictures. by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 10:47am On Jan 07, 2012
well, two people claim to have seen it yesterday on AIT so they'll probabbly show it again today.
*tuning to AIT
God help us and let us help ourselves #shamelessgovernment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hope For Nigeria Says PDP Is Winning Kano / Ambode At Christmas Carol At State House, Lagos / 2023: Tinubu, Shettima Meet With Abdullahi Adamu And Other APC NWC Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.