Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,647 members, 7,809,445 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

Inec Adhoc Staff Protests For Non-payment (pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inec Adhoc Staff Protests For Non-payment (pictures) (2778 Views)

INEC Adhoc Staff Protests Non-payment Of Allowances / Breaking News: Nigeria Unions Suspend Protests For 2 Days / Rented Government ‘protesters’ Queue For Payment - Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inec Adhoc Staff Protests For Non-payment (pictures) by ZiggyHimself(m): 4:45am On Jun 04, 2011
A massive protest took place yesterday at the INEC office Port Harcourt over the non payment of adhoc staff for the recent general elections.
What seemed like a "Come and be Paid today" turned sour when the INEC officials insisted that the first election day would not be paid as regards to it being cancelled.

After initial ginger and gra-gra, INEC officials came out and announced to the angry crowd that the money available was not enough to pay them all.

This statement sparked up the moral of the unpaid workers, who immediately took their protest to the road in front of the INEC office.

Port Harcourt was placed under a stand-still for over two hours as a result of the road block mounted on Aba road which happens to be the city's major road.

The protest got all the attention needed, as the spot became a hot cake for news media. Local TV/Radio stations came to capture the protest. "Even Amebortalk was smartly taking pictures".

The show however, came to an end with the intervention of military personels. An indoor discussion was then conducted between the INEC officials and Commissioner of Police.

After the "Top-Men" discussion, a full payment for the adhoc staff commensed immediately. Contrary to what INEC had earlier announced to the crowd, the money suddenly became enough, reminding me of the Bible story - Five loaves and Two fishes.

http://www.amebortalk.com/exclusive-gist/naija-gist/662-inec-adhoc-staff-protests-for-non-payment

Re: Inec Adhoc Staff Protests For Non-payment (pictures) by Gboliwe: 5:02am On Jun 04, 2011
Thats how we do it. I like it. So, money wey no dey, come dey by force?
Re: Inec Adhoc Staff Protests For Non-payment (pictures) by ZUBBYNWA(m): 1:02pm On Jun 04, 2011
Please Jega, try and do something, please pay us
Re: Inec Adhoc Staff Protests For Non-payment (pictures) by cold(m): 1:25pm On Jun 04, 2011
So if no be say dis ppl protest some officials for just pocket the money without a thought for the poor folks embarassed
Re: Inec Adhoc Staff Protests For Non-payment (pictures) by Opoki(m): 2:05pm On Jun 04, 2011
We're also in the same shoe with these guys but no one yet to lead the struggle, those who are capable are currently not in the state capital (Abeokuta).
Re: Inec Adhoc Staff Protests For Non-payment (pictures) by Opoki(m): 2:06pm On Jun 04, 2011
We're also in the same shoe with these guys but no one yet to lead the struggle, those who are capable are currently not in the state capital (Abeokuta).
Re: Inec Adhoc Staff Protests For Non-payment (pictures) by chamber2(m): 2:15pm On Jun 04, 2011

After the "Top-Men" discussion, a full payment for the adhoc staff commensed immediately. Contrary to what INEC had earlier announced to the crowd, the money suddenly became enough, reminding me of the Bible story - Five loaves and Two fishes.

And we still think this country will be better?
Re: Inec Adhoc Staff Protests For Non-payment (pictures) by 4ward(m): 3:31pm On Jun 04, 2011
i wont be surprise if JEGA is not aware of this story.but some of dis so cal officials are trying to pocket d money.
Re: Inec Adhoc Staff Protests For Non-payment (pictures) by nbisi: 4:10pm On Jun 04, 2011
Jega pls do something
Re: Inec Adhoc Staff Protests For Non-payment (pictures) by anishe(m): 6:05pm On Jun 04, 2011
Why is this country so full of rogues and criminals? If it were to be the politicians, hell would have been let loose.
To pay ordinary adhoc staff becomes a problem. I think EFCC must investigate the causes of the fund unavailability.
Re: Inec Adhoc Staff Protests For Non-payment (pictures) by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jun 04, 2011
pls o, i they've not paid us corpers too, batch b precisely cuz they knw we wud pass out and wud leave d money.we cant protest as they'll threaten us wit certificate. but i guess dats what we help in d end. my n25000 is wit them.
Re: Inec Adhoc Staff Protests For Non-payment (pictures) by intelligen(m): 6:42pm On Jun 04, 2011
This is too bad,even in enugu,they ve nt been paid,jega must hear ds.na wa o,
Re: Inec Adhoc Staff Protests For Non-payment (pictures) by MMM2(m): 8:05pm On Jun 04, 2011
na wa 4 jega
u don carry dere money do business
Re: Inec Adhoc Staff Protests For Non-payment (pictures) by Fadipeshet(m): 8:58pm On Jun 04, 2011
Professor Jega should do something about this.
That elections were cancel does not in any way mean that these people will not be paid afterall people had voted
in some locations before the cancellation and some people conducted the exercise, botched or not.

We should be mindful of anything that will affect the credibility of the most widely acclaimed best election ever conducted in Nigeria.
Re: Inec Adhoc Staff Protests For Non-payment (pictures) by JAZES(m): 9:05pm On Jun 04, 2011
Naija we hail thee cool cool cool
Re: Inec Adhoc Staff Protests For Non-payment (pictures) by ZiggyHimself(m): 1:00am On Jun 05, 2011
More pics

Re: Inec Adhoc Staff Protests For Non-payment (pictures) by edoyad(m): 1:22am On Jun 05, 2011
I don't know why we lack simple management rules in this country, DON'T PLAY WITH WORKERS WAGES. Simple.
One would think more than a month after the elections such matters should have been over and done with. The worst thing is that the FG had already provided INEC with funds eons ago.
Re: Inec Adhoc Staff Protests For Non-payment (pictures) by Challas(m): 6:40pm On Jun 05, 2011
not just in Ph,my office is just beside INEC OFFICE IN ENUGU;i heard d popular 'WE NO GO GREE SONG ON THURSDAY AND FRIDAY' at d Inec office and u already know what d problem is.MAY GOD HELP NAIJA!!!
Re: Inec Adhoc Staff Protests For Non-payment (pictures) by honesty30: 12:28pm On Jun 21, 2011
we are also facing the same problem here in Kosofe local government, i think they should be call to order.

(1) (Reply)

U.S Threatens Sanctions Against Nigeria Over Pardon For Ex-convict Alamieyeseigh / National Conference: "We’re Not Afraid Of Nigeria’s Break-up" – Northern Elders / Nairaland's Hacker Attack: Musiwa A Suspect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.