Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

The Day Nigeria Became Truly One - London Protest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Day Nigeria Became Truly One - London Protest (6161 Views)

Ipob London Protest :today We Are Going To Cameron / Nigerians In London Protest Over Tribal/Religious Killings In Plateau (Photos) / Lebanese In London Protest The Arrest Of Amigo Supermarket Store Owner In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Day Nigeria Became Truly One - London Protest by aljharem(m): 3:33am On Jan 07, 2012
Re: The Day Nigeria Became Truly One - London Protest by 27naira(m): 9:19am On Jan 07, 2012
grin grin see enjoyment protest grin
Re: The Day Nigeria Became Truly One - London Protest by Nobody: 9:25am On Jan 07, 2012
lolz
Re: The Day Nigeria Became Truly One - London Protest by llbhuds: 9:30am On Jan 07, 2012
This one is more of a football match supporters club than a protest against the fuel subsidy removal.
Re: The Day Nigeria Became Truly One - London Protest by apoti(m): 9:39am On Jan 07, 2012
Re: The Day Nigeria Became Truly One - London Protest by Funkymallam(m): 9:50am On Jan 07, 2012
Swaggerlicious protest cheesy
Re: The Day Nigeria Became Truly One - London Protest by horny4u(f): 11:00am On Jan 07, 2012
This people really try o
Its very cold and windy here o and to even go tesco to buy oranges tire me talkless of to protest when i have fuel and electricity and a warm home.
so while anyone will make fun of them beats me. They are not the ones buying fuel at times 3 the price.
Show some respect
I doff my hat for their patriotism meanwhile i am protesting too from my warm office.
Re: The Day Nigeria Became Truly One - London Protest by xpagnol: 11:12am On Jan 07, 2012
Weldone guys, never knew u guys could be this serious.
Nice protest, nice location, nice package.
I think that woman should be allowed to champion the course.
Re: The Day Nigeria Became Truly One - London Protest by Nobody: 11:24am On Jan 07, 2012
Thats d spirit man! One 4all and all 4 1. Nice1 from our brothers in d UK. 2gether we shall call mr president and his evil team to order. Hundreds of millions of nigerians say NO to dis deciet by mr president and his subsidised theiving group. We r lot wiser than u think sir.
Re: The Day Nigeria Became Truly One - London Protest by executinal(m): 11:37am On Jan 07, 2012
llbhuds:

This one is more of a football match supporters club than a protest against the fuel subsidy removal.
Real footbal fans supporters club grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Day Nigeria Became Truly One - London Protest by MissyB3(f): 12:36pm On Jan 07, 2012
Kudos, guys!

Someone said ''After Moses and Jesus, Heaven is tired of sending you messiahs, you are the messiahs of yourselves! Move and save your nation''

Good thing we're now taking the bull by the horns, enough of the silence/all talk, no walk.
Re: The Day Nigeria Became Truly One - London Protest by Koikoi(m): 12:49pm On Jan 07, 2012
Notice me kind of show. How much are they buying fuel in the UK? These vermin will stop at nothing to retain the corruption ridden status quo
Re: The Day Nigeria Became Truly One - London Protest by 9jauk: 12:57pm On Jan 07, 2012
absolute nonsense,what is 1 nigeria,please nigerians we need to fight for division this will be the solution of a country of 200million,the genesis of the problem are the northern ex military,the shift of the power disturbs thr mental faculty and they decided to destabilise the govt with th alimajeris boko h,is a shame nigerians got it all wrong because goodluck hasn't got the grip of presidency,he needs to act fast,obviously removing oil subsidy is painful as the standard of living is rather poor,i ven't said that for the economy to survive that needs to happen,is a global thing,even  the britonsand americans are feeling the impact,i pray for nigeria to split.
Re: The Day Nigeria Became Truly One - London Protest by realistic1(m): 1:36pm On Jan 07, 2012
Nice one from our brothers in UK and US we await the calls from western europe eg Holland, Spain, Italy e.t.c it is time that we all join our fellows back home.
Patriot or death.
Re: The Day Nigeria Became Truly One - London Protest by PA1982(f): 1:55pm On Jan 07, 2012
see enjoyment protest
Me, too!
Re: The Day Nigeria Became Truly One - London Protest by monopolist: 3:32pm On Jan 07, 2012
Fuel Subsidy removal and the attending OccupyNigeria protests are the beginning of the long awaited NIGERIAN REVOLUTION which will result into RESTORATION (PEACE&PROSPERITY)

The time has fully come to reveal the secrets of the oppressors,looters and corrupt past and always-around-the-corridor-of-power leaders who have been parasiting our NATION
Re: The Day Nigeria Became Truly One - London Protest by akinmax: 4:14pm On Jan 07, 2012
ONE LOVE , ! THAT IS THE SPIRIT . WE ALL SAY NO TO HYPOCRISY OF OUR LEADERS !.LET THE SUBSIDY BEGIN WITH THEM FIRST.

WELL DONE FOLLOW COUNTRY MEN AND WOMEN.
Re: The Day Nigeria Became Truly One - London Protest by BlackPikiN(m): 4:17pm On Jan 07, 2012
alj harem:

this first video is very encouraging

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNYfz47rxmY&context=C3229cc3ADOEgsToPDskKQfDtKGPprZPlxC8HaD-AG[/flash]

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9c3g-IeZoU[/flash]

Nonsense.
The only time minute and seconds Naija has ever remained one is only when SUPER EAGLES are engaged.
This year will be a long year for Nigerians.
No Super Eagles, No Olympic team and No football matches to keep idle minds glued to their tv set.

Anyways to cut the long tory short, I support the removal of fuel subsidy.
Re: The Day Nigeria Became Truly One - London Protest by Beaf: 4:26pm On Jan 07, 2012
The people on the videos sound so stup!d and incoherent. I am so glad that I do not remotely recognise any of them.
They say they were there as united Nigerians from across the country, but we know our accents na! grin
Anybody can easily tell where 95% of those protesters are from, and what they are doing is wrong. You do not ethnise politics.
Re: The Day Nigeria Became Truly One - London Protest by ayzree: 4:52pm On Jan 07, 2012
Re: The Day Nigeria Became Truly One - London Protest by hbrednic: 4:55pm On Jan 07, 2012
rubbish " we will take our country back " in britain ?
go back home and protest
Re: The Day Nigeria Became Truly One - London Protest by 4real(m): 5:03pm On Jan 07, 2012
It's amazing what some people are saying here, the uk is vey windy now so far 3 people have died it is as cold as hell and people who could sit in the comfort of there house and watch you over the Internet came out so that the international community will be aware, so as to let them know that nigerians outside the country dint support them, the Nigerian government can lie to the world about what is going on, but the more people from outside the country protest the more the international community will get involved, next thing you would know is activist from other countries will join and try to get there government involved if not for anything at least to make sure they don't use the police and army to kill us, because of the uk protest CNN is doing a report on the stealing of our oil money, pls instead of beefing pls support
Re: The Day Nigeria Became Truly One - London Protest by MissyB3(f): 5:28pm On Jan 07, 2012
Nigerians in the UK, na una biko.

realistic1:

Nice one from our brothers in UK and US we await the calls from western europe eg Holland, Spain, Italy e.t.c it is time that we all join our fellows back home.
Patriot or death.
Gbam!

One more video

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB0QJPYPtFk#![/flash]
Re: The Day Nigeria Became Truly One - London Protest by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jan 07, 2012
@them nonsense!

27naira:

grin grin see enjoyment protest grin

no be small enjoyment protest my dear,

they should becareful not to disrupt any activity there cos bristish cop wont mind kicking their butt smh  lipsrsealed  then they will protest from fuel subsidy to discrimination by the time BA lands them in lagos
Re: The Day Nigeria Became Truly One - London Protest by beeke(m): 8:17pm On Jan 07, 2012
A colonial official, Harold Smith, in a London television interview some years ago provided a window into the motives that informed British policies on Nigeria through the period of colonialism to independence. Hear him:

[b]"When we assessed Nigeria, this was what we found in the southern region; strength, intelligence, determination to succeed, well established history, complex but focused life style, great hope and aspirations, the East is good in business and technology, the west is good in administration and commerce, law and medicine, but it was a pity we planned our agenda to give power "at all cost" to the northerner. They seemed to be submissive and silly of a kind. Our mission was accomplished by destroying the opposition at all fronts. The west led in the fight for the independence, and was punished for asking for freedom. They will not rule Nigeria!"

"Despite seeing vast land with no human but cattle in the north, we still gave the north 55 million instead of 32 million (in the census). This was to be used to maintain their majority votes and future power bid. The West without Lagos was the most populous in Nigeria at that time but we ignored that. The north was seriously encouraged to go into the military.We believed, that the south may attend western education,-but future leaders will always come from military background. Their traditional rulers were to be made influential and super human. The northerners were given acceleratcd promotions both in the military and civil service to justify their superiority over the south. Everything was to work against the south. We truncated their good plan for their future. I was very sorry for the A.G; it was a great party too much for African standard. We planned to destroy Awolowo and Azikwe, the west and the east and sowed a seed of discord among them. We tricked Azikiwe into accepting to be president having known that Balewa will be the main man with power. Awolowo had to go to jail to cripple his genius plans for a greater Nigeria. If Northern leaders have any agenda in Nigeria at all, sadly it is only for the north, and nothing for Nigeria. The time has come now to see people of intelligent minds with an open and inclusive agenda for all Nigerians in power, people who will really look after Nigeria's large population, her wealth, her potentials, her future."[/b]

Source: http://odili.net/news/source/2012/jan/6/601.html
Re: The Day Nigeria Became Truly One - London Protest by Enice(m): 9:19pm On Jan 07, 2012
this is a rented crowed funded by subsidy beneficiaries
Re: The Day Nigeria Became Truly One - London Protest by aljharem(m): 9:20pm On Jan 07, 2012
E nice:

this is a rented crowed funded by subsidy beneficiaries

Yeah they funded me and 130 million other Nigerians

How smart of you.

Pick a wild guess how much we were paid ?
Re: The Day Nigeria Became Truly One - London Protest by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jan 07, 2012
Beaf:

The people on the videos sound so stup!d and incoherent. I am so glad that I do not remotely recognise any of them.
They say they were there as united Nigerians from across the country, but we know our accents na! grin
Anybody can easily tell where 95% of those protesters are from, and what they are doing is wrong. You do not ethnise politics.

Reno, despite your attempts to tribalize issues, aren't you ashamed that Nigerians of every tribe bandied together as one voice in a foreign land, you useless thing? Which "our accent" ? So the guys in the third  video from 8:40 are from where? Japan?

Guy, your man is going down and when he flees in that Jet on his way to seek asylum in Eastern Europe,na that time you'll find out say Khaki no be leather.

Useless thing.
Re: The Day Nigeria Became Truly One - London Protest by aljharem(m): 11:16pm On Jan 07, 2012
kingoflag:

[size=13pt]Reno, despite your attempts to tribalize issues, aren't you ashamed that Nigerians of every tribe bandied together as one voice in a foreign land,[/size] you useless thing? Which "our accent" ? So the guys in the third  video from 8:40 are from where? Japan?

Guy, your man is going down and when he flees in that Jet on his way to seek asylum in Eastern Europe,na that time you'll find out say Khaki no be leather.

Useless thing.

well said, we are also coming together with one voice even in Nigeria

kaduna protest cool
[img]http://c0014124.r32.cf1.rackcdn.com/x2_a46c4c2[/img]
Re: The Day Nigeria Became Truly One - London Protest by Nobody: 3:22am On Jan 08, 2012
Do you honestly believe this headline? Alharem?

while some Nigerians are blowing up their country men?
Re: The Day Nigeria Became Truly One - London Protest by aljharem(m): 3:28am On Jan 08, 2012
mikeansy:

Do you honestly believe this headline? Alharem?

while some Nigerians are blowing up their country men?

Yes I do believe it. Now I understand what is going through ur mind but believe me on this it is not a sectional thing

Nigeria I have to say might be at the blink of division soon and as such some people are trying to use Igbo, yoruba and hausa people as an instigator to themselves

what better way to start a war in a country already begging for it ?

Trust me every single ethnic group would regret it if we divide or go to war. Right now, Nigerian are been used like puppets and we have to be very very careful on the sort of news or propaganda we take it.

Already some people are saying "they want to un-sit jonathan" I say these people are very evil

so we should be careful and prayerful for this nation. Already we should be asking where our security is since they are not protecting the lifes of people again. then what is their job ?

My brother we are one people and we should fight boko haram together
Re: The Day Nigeria Became Truly One - London Protest by Nobody: 3:32am On Jan 08, 2012
so why is it easier to find willing opposition in the North to fuel subsidy removal, than to find willing opposition in the North to people killing their own country men?

There is nothing united about Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amaechi Secondary Schools far Better Than GEJ Universities / FLASHBACK 2007: You Stabbed Me In The Back, Buhari Accuses ANPP Leaders / Innoson Motors, Igbos And The Quest For Biafra: My Perception.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.