Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,117 members, 7,821,829 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

10 Essential Things You Must Have Before The Nlc / Tuc Strike On Monday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Essential Things You Must Have Before The Nlc / Tuc Strike On Monday (783 Views)

Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari / Buhari's Speech At The Delegates Conference Of The NLC, Abuja / GEJ Didnt Attend The NLC/TUC Meeting? David Mark Did? : Is This True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Essential Things You Must Have Before The Nlc / Tuc Strike On Monday by bigfat01: 5:32pm On Jan 07, 2012
1. GAS COOKER and / or KEROSENE

STOVE: Will aid cooking, heating, boiling and steaming. (Pls do not rely on electric burners, boiling rings etc, power is not guaranteed during this period).
2. PETROL and / or DIESEL:

sounds strange but you will need to power your generator to charge your phones. Pls prepare charge, at least, 1 hour everyday (assuming power isn't restored at all). Hopefully, this will be the last time you will buy petrol at N141 and above.
3. DESKTOP CHARGER and / or EXTRA BATTERY:

you will need to get an extra desktop charger and battery, so that your phone will be on always,
particularly those of us using the social media as a tool against Government's oppression.

4. WATER:
Fill up all drums and buckets in your houses with water. Very necessary, if you are married with kids. You may need 2 reuse water e.g use same water used for washing to flush toilets. (Water may
not be a problem, if u have a bore-hole or well). There will be no Mai-Ruwa during the strike. Also buy
many bags of pure water and / or bottled water.

5. BOOKS / NOVELS / TOYS / PICTORIAL/MAGAZINES/ GAMES / CARDS / CHESS /LUDO etc:
if u have kids, they will become restless this period, so u need 2 keep them busy. If u get bored easily as well, u need to find other ways to keep yourself busy. (There might be no power for them to watch cartoons, African Magic or football).

6. TOILETRIES:
Endeavour to get toilet rolls, toothpaste, soaps, detergents,
creams, pads etc

7. RECHARGE CARDS:
Make arrangements for enough airtime in your phones. You can also buy and keep recharge cards, particularly if your BIS subscription will soon expire.

8. BISCUITS / SWEETS / NUTRI C / GUMS
etc: Very important for kids, particularly when they start getting restless.

CONTRACEPTIVES / CONDOMS:
The strike will make busy couples, who rarely see themselves during the day, come in close contact. They will be "forced" to be together throughout the day. Many wives will romantically love it and the last thing we need is to increase the number of the family, due to NLC/TUC strike.

10. FOOD, FOOD and more FOOD:
I deliberately made this the last item but it is the most crucial. Provisions (cornflakes, milk, beverage, sugar etc); noodles; ingredients; staple foods; bread, butter, garri etc. The list is non-exhaustive as concerns food.

MORE CONTRIBUTIONS PLEASE ,
Re: 10 Essential Things You Must Have Before The Nlc / Tuc Strike On Monday by iswell1(m): 5:46pm On Jan 07, 2012
smiley all this is what you want him to do? and you think he can finish it before 4yr? look Nigeria can never be good over night,
let us wait for GJ he has a good plan for Nigeria, let give him a time and also support him.
Re: 10 Essential Things You Must Have Before The Nlc / Tuc Strike On Monday by efisher(m): 5:58pm On Jan 07, 2012
I guess the Xmas and new year pubic hols were not enough. I'll just retire to my nest and strategize for the rest of the year. Call me when y'all are done with the "strike" or is it "stroke". Ciao.
Re: 10 Essential Things You Must Have Before The Nlc / Tuc Strike On Monday by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 07, 2012
Like I didn‘t know.
Re: 10 Essential Things You Must Have Before The Nlc / Tuc Strike On Monday by DrKnow1(m): 6:48pm On Jan 07, 2012
The removal of fuel subsidy could be the breakthrough Nigeria is looking for if only the Funds generated by its removal is wisely spent
Listen to this argument

http://asewele-television..com/2012/01/cbn-governor-sanusi-lamido-sanusi.html

(1) (Reply)

My Predictions On The Fuel Subsidy Fiasco And The Imf Connection / Assu Strike Dec 4, Fuel Subsidy Removal Jan 1, Nlc Strike Jan 9 = 419. / President Obama's Car For Sale On Ebay, Value $16,000 Minimum Bid $1 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.