Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Check Engine And Brake Lights Showing On Dashboard - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Check Engine And Brake Lights Showing On Dashboard (1150 Views)

Brake Pads And Brake Lining Which Is More Effective? / FRSC Hilux Without Brake Lights, Who Will Make The Arrest? (Picture) / My Lexus Gs300 Check Engine, Vsc, Vsc Off Light Is On. How Do I Wipe It Off? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Engine And Brake Lights Showing On Dashboard by idyidy: 9:05pm On Jan 07, 2012
Hello,pls I need ur inputs. The check engine and brake lights are showing on the dashboard of my 2001 camry. The hand break is released. Pls what cud be the problem if any?
Re: Check Engine And Brake Lights Showing On Dashboard by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 07, 2012
^^^ The brake warning light could be:

a) Low brake fluid level.
b) Front brake pads excessively worn.
c) Faulty handbrake warning switch.

With regards the check engine light, I would advice you get your car scanned, and post the codes here, and their definitions, if possible.
Re: Check Engine And Brake Lights Showing On Dashboard by idyidy: 9:48pm On Jan 07, 2012
Hello siena, is the check engine showing because de is an issue with the brakes?
Re: Check Engine And Brake Lights Showing On Dashboard by nissparts(m): 9:56pm On Jan 07, 2012
I would say (a) and (b) posted by Siena.
CEL does not come on for either except an ABS issue is concerned.
Scan the car, you most likely have another issue separate from the brakes

(1) (Reply)

Can Someone Pls Recommend To Me A Very Good Mechanic For Ford And Dodge In Lagos / . / High Rate Of Vehicle Break-down On Abuja Roads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.