Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

What Advice Were You Given As You Wedded And How Have They Helped Your Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Advice Were You Given As You Wedded And How Have They Helped Your Marriage? (1322 Views)

Help!!! My Newly Wedded Wife Urinates On Bed Everyday / His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him / Pic: Nigerian Proposed After 6 Months, Then Told Wife He Only Wedded Her 4 Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Advice Were You Given As You Wedded And How Have They Helped Your Marriage? by lolaluv1(f): 12:25am On Jan 08, 2012
I have been with brides-to-be. And it seems like advice meant for the bride flies in from everywhere. From the 'mother of the bride', to old women, to old men, to married friends of the bride, to single friends of the bride, to aunts. Even the makeup artist. Everybody has a piece of advice for the bride.
I have heard plenty cause I stay when the talk is going on. I have heard about submissiveness, i have heard about the need for sexy dressing and bum shorts. Sometimes, i wonder if all the talk is necessary. A dry fish after all cannot be bent!
Now my question is;
What various advice were you given on the days leading to your nuptials and how have they helped (or not helped) your married life.

Men are welcome to share too. I'm sure fathers, mothers and others gave lots of advice to the men too. Thanks.

smiley
Re: What Advice Were You Given As You Wedded And How Have They Helped Your Marriage? by Nobody: 3:31am On Jan 08, 2012
Be a tiger outside the home and gentle to your husband when you are inside your home, I.e be strong, bold, confident, be able to stand up for yourself when you are outside your home, never let anyone intimidate you, be proud of who you are and where you come from BUT WHEN YOU COME BACK HOME,DROP ALL THAT OUTSIDE THE FRONT DOOR AND BE GENTLE TO YOUR HUSBAND.

So many of them, will come back with some more
Re: What Advice Were You Given As You Wedded And How Have They Helped Your Marriage? by ifyalways(f): 4:51am On Jan 08, 2012
Your new family(husband and kids) comes first,never let no friend or foe occupy that topmost priority,consider them before any decision or action.(my mom)

Your husband is your new baby,father,brother and son.Take good care of him.(From my dad)

Never use seex or food as weapon.No matter what he's done,as long as u are still with him,under same roof,give him both(mom)

Never discuss your marital problem with a third party,sort it out yourseleves BUT if it happens you wanna indulge anyone,your momma is the best! (my mom)

Choose your battles wisely.some things are better left ignored.(dad)
Re: What Advice Were You Given As You Wedded And How Have They Helped Your Marriage? by ng4am(f): 8:31pm On Jan 08, 2012
Your husband comes before your dad give him all d respect. From my elder sister.
Re: What Advice Were You Given As You Wedded And How Have They Helped Your Marriage? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:34pm On Jan 08, 2012
this thread is useless if only women reply.
Re: What Advice Were You Given As You Wedded And How Have They Helped Your Marriage? by lolaluv1(f): 8:48pm On Jan 08, 2012
Nice replies so far! smiley
I'm sure people will find a word or two to learn from here.

@Thief of Hearts
Yes, I asked the men to post too. None so far, though! sad
Re: What Advice Were You Given As You Wedded And How Have They Helped Your Marriage? by dollya(f): 4:36am On Jan 10, 2012
be good to your inlaws. from old women in ma villa undecided.
i tried bt it didnt help, they almost turned me into a house maid  angry. am glad i didnt stick to it wink
Re: What Advice Were You Given As You Wedded And How Have They Helped Your Marriage? by lolaluv1(f): 5:05pm On Jan 10, 2012
Hmmmn. I see! Thanks for sharing! smiley
Re: What Advice Were You Given As You Wedded And How Have They Helped Your Marriage? by ronkebp(f): 5:15pm On Jan 10, 2012
''Be patient'', that was what virtually everybody was telling me, ''be patient ooooo'' and ''pray! pray!! pray!!!''.
Re: What Advice Were You Given As You Wedded And How Have They Helped Your Marriage? by mutter(f): 4:00pm On Jan 11, 2012
a healthy portion of self love goes a long way!!!!
Remain true to yourself and give your partner room to do the same. True love does not clip wings but gives them room to fly.
Re: What Advice Were You Given As You Wedded And How Have They Helped Your Marriage? by aniffy4eva(m): 10:48am On Jan 15, 2012
Love her. Protect her. Provide for her. Be faithful to her. Trust her. Support her.

Our marriage has been splendid! cheesy All glory to God for getting married to a good woman smiley ! Been married for some years now, gone through normal ups/downs, but I've stuck to the pieces of advice above. Hope they work for you.
Re: What Advice Were You Given As You Wedded And How Have They Helped Your Marriage? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:36pm On Jan 15, 2012
^Hopefully your fellow males will do the same

thanks for replying. smiley
Re: What Advice Were You Given As You Wedded And How Have They Helped Your Marriage? by aniffy4eva(m): 7:59pm On Jan 15, 2012
ThiefOfHearts:

^Hopefully your fellow males will do the same

thanks for replying. smiley

You are welcome. smiley

(1) (Reply)

The Different Types Of Unspoken Marriage Vows / An Honest And Admirable View Of Marriage A Man Must Consider... / The Dangers Of Adultery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.