Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,816 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? (6209 Views)

6 Reasons Why Wordpress Is Better Than Blogger / Wordpress Is By Far Better Than Blogger / Is Wordpress Better Than Glogger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by maclatunji: 11:31am On May 27, 2013
I am not going to ask which is better because I expect majority of respondents to say wordpress. So, kindly convince me on what makes Wordpress (http://www.) better than Blogger (http://www.blogger.com).

Thank you.
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by Afam4eva(m): 11:34am On May 27, 2013
Do you mean Wordpress the platform or the blog software?

I assume you're talking of the platform...

Better is a relative term as it depends on what you want as a blogger.

I would prefer wordpress because apart from the fact that it's easier to use imo, there are loads of themes that you can install. Blogger always looks to clogged. It doesn't look as professional as Wordpress.

3 Likes

Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by maclatunji: 11:42am On May 27, 2013
Afam4eva: Do you mean Wordpress the platform or the blog software?

I would prefer wordpress because apart from the fact that it's easier to use imo, there are loads of themes that you can install. Blogger always looks to clogged. It doesn't look as professional as Wordpress.

I see your point.
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by greenmouse(m): 11:45am On May 27, 2013
wordpress is the bomb.

thumps up
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by Basic(m): 11:47am On May 27, 2013
This question isn't worth asking. Wordpress leads Blogger by far!
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by Afam4eva(m): 11:49am On May 27, 2013
The only area where blogger may have an edge is in the area of search engine ranking. The fact that Google owns blogger gives bloggers who use their platform an egde. I've seen blogger sites rank more than customized domains.

1 Like

Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by maclatunji: 12:18pm On May 27, 2013
greenmouse: wordpress is the bomb.

thumps up

Basic: This question isn't worth asking. Wordpress leads Blogger by far!

I asked how or why? You have not answered the questions.
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by maclatunji: 12:26pm On May 27, 2013
Afam4eva: The only area where blogger may have an edge is in the area of search engine ranking. The fact that Google owns blogger gives bloggers who use their platform an egde. I've seen blogger sites rank more than customized domains.

Even with that, I have seen people claim that Wordpress blogs will rank higher than Blogger blogs ceteris paribus. It seems people just assume, so far no one has been able to come out with a really cogent reason why Wordpress is better than Blogger. Some have inferred that the Wordpress themes and presentation is better and maybe the plug-ins are a lot more useful there as well. However, for most bloggers, the essence is traffic. Is there any edge that Wordpress has in terms of driving traffic that blogger doesn't have?

1 Like

Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by Afam4eva(m): 12:32pm On May 27, 2013
maclatunji:

Even with that, I have seen people claim that Wordpress blogs will rank higher than Blogger blogs ceteris paribus. It seems people just assume, so far no one has been able to come out with a really cogent reason why Wordpress is better than Blogger. Some have inferred that the Wordpress themes and presentation is better and maybe the plug-ins are a lot more useful there as well. However, for most bloggers, the essence is traffic. Is there any edge that Wordpress has in terms of driving traffic that blogger doesn't have?

The way wordpress is structured, webmasters can make their sites of Search engine friendly compared to Blogger. Blogger is more of off site. Google is the highest authority site on the internet with a PR of 9/10, so any website that has a backlink from any of google websites will definitely get some link juice.
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by maclatunji: 12:43pm On May 27, 2013
Afam4eva:
The way wordpress is structured, webmasters can make their sites of Search engine friendly compared to Blogger. Blogger is more of off site. Google is the highest authority site on the internet with a PR of 9/10, so any website that has a backlink from any of google websites will definitely get some link juice.

Hmmm... I am really wondering if this is totally correct. Perhaps, we are talking about things that even Google itself cannot totally explain.

I really do find the issue fascinating. Let me get a few more opinions, I will be adding some of my experiences and thoughts on the matter soon.
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by Adanyebe(m): 7:53pm On May 27, 2013
YES BOTH ARE GOOD AND I THINK THE MAIN THING THERE GOES WITH THE SAYING "YOU CAN NEVER HAVE IT ALL" BLOGGER AND WORDPRESS DONT HAVE IT ALL, SO WHICHEVER EVER IS YOUR CHOICE, just LIKE kiss IT FOR THE REASON YOU HAVE CHOSEN IT

GONE ARE THOSE THOSE DAYS WHEN WORDPRESS PROFFESSIONALITY ARE NO MATCH FOR USERS IN TERMS OF DESIGN.....
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by JideTheBlogger(m): 8:19am On May 28, 2013
Nice thread. Am still addicted to Blogger for so many reasons...
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by Kelvindwaplord(m): 8:50am On May 28, 2013
Both platforms are really good...its going to be hard and difficult to pick.....i like blogger a lot but i blog with wordpress platform
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by ibietela2(m): 5:39pm On May 28, 2013
Which of the wordpress are you talking about
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by zangiff(m): 8:27pm On May 28, 2013
i think wordpress is better as they say but new bloggers really need to learn which of them works best. Am still planing to move from blogger to wordpress but av got no time for now
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by maclatunji: 11:00pm On May 28, 2013
JideTheBlogger: Nice thread. Am still addicted to Blogger for so many reasons...

Kindly share those reasons.
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by Orikinla(m): 2:28pm On May 29, 2013
Afam4eva: Do you mean Wordpress the platform or the blog software?

Wordpress is for geniuses while Blogger is for dummies.
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by kaysy(m): 2:29pm On May 29, 2013
If you think wordpress is better than blogger, check out the blog below my post and see what it looks like

The problem is that most bloggers don't take time to study and understand how to set up a blog. once they just see they have an interface that's all...

1 Like

Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by maclatunji: 2:30pm On May 29, 2013
Orikinla:

This comment I find intriguing.
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by iamdsam: 2:30pm On May 29, 2013
I don't know much about them but I want a good Nairalander to introduce me into bloggers business

1 Like

Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by folafola(m): 2:31pm On May 29, 2013
JideTheBlogger: Nice thread. Am still addicted to Blogger for so many reasons...
for adsense i guess Jide
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by moodswing(m): 2:32pm On May 29, 2013
#Teamwordpress. Only lazy people or learners use blogger.
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by xakjustice(m): 2:33pm On May 29, 2013
maclatunji: I am not going to ask which is better because I expect majority of respondents to say wordpress. So, kindly convince me on what makes Wordpress (http://www.) better than Blogger (http://www.blogger.com).

Thank you.
abeg wat is wordpress and blogger?? Thank u
maclatunji: I am not going to ask which is better because I expect majority of respondents to say wordpress. So, kindly convince me on what makes Wordpress (http://www.) better than Blogger (http://www.blogger.com).

Thank you.

Thank you.
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by Opey4luv(m): 2:56pm On May 29, 2013
I think wordpress is more easy to run although blogger has an edge when it comes to google ranking.
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by DExplorer1: 2:58pm On May 29, 2013
Orikinla:

You sounded like a kid there.

1 Like

Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by infonubia(m): 3:12pm On May 29, 2013

Thank you.

I think both platforms are good. I currently use blogger for InfoNubia (http://www.infonubia.com) and I just bought a Genesis theme for a new wordpress.org site I'm working on.

For me, the major difference is content ownership. While you blogger is free, you don't really own your content. Your content is subject to Google's terms of service (http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/terms/)which stipulates that any content you post on blogger can be modified and published publicly without your permission. Also, they may make changes to the functionality of the platform that could adversely affect your blog. With wordpress.org, you own your content and you have unlimited access to it because you pay to host your site (of course there are times when your host might experience some downtime).

Also, the Genesis theme for wordpress is SEO optimized. Blogger on the other hand doesn't have built-in tools to make your site search engine optimize. You'd have to manually do the work and it takes a lot of time.

There is also the issue of themes which in my opinion, Wordpress has better themes and allows for more flexibility.

I'm still trying to familiarize myself with both platforms and so far, I think I like Wordpress better.
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by Afam4eva(m): 3:16pm On May 29, 2013
infonubia:
For me, the major difference is content ownership. While you blogger is free, you don't really own your content. Your content is subject to Google's terms of service (http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/terms/)which stipulates that any content you post on blogger can be modified and published publicly without your permission. Also, they may make changes to the functionality of the platform that could adversely affect your blog. With wordpress.org, you own your content and you have unlimited access to it because you pay to host your site (of course there are times when your host might experience some downtime).
Wordpress.org is for the blog software and not the platform. I think we should be comparing to blogger.com instead of wordpress.org.
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by DExplorer1: 3:17pm On May 29, 2013
Wordpress comes with so many options of what you can have on your blog, its features are cool, they got so many associate theme creators and such themes are good for ads.

Blogger is the easiet to use, everything looks already-made. Got cool gadgets and limited themes. But as a professional blogger, you got to find a way of ignoring blogger's features as it could be boring. I personally don't use blogger's themes, i source for them and upload. The only area i got no option is the "About me" part. Not all bloggers want that but since it's connected to the google followers and badge, i got no option.

Talking about search engine index, blogger is way ahead of wordpress. I get my posts indexed so easily on google and with the help of feedburner, we gonna be enjoying all round clicks. Imagine the experience of the integration. If you're signed into gmail, you're already logged on on blogger, navigate to feedburner and it goes like that.

If you want traffic, blogger is the right choice. I can confidently say that and BTW i use a customised domain name.

1 Like

Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by symbian03(m): 3:32pm On May 29, 2013
WordPress sites looks more professional. You've gotta learn how to make use of its features unlike blogger - every tom can build a mediocre blog in two hours haha..
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by DExplorer1: 3:36pm On May 29, 2013
Let me add, generally, the mobile view of wordpress is better than that of blogger BUT if your choice of theme is good on blogger, there's no difference again.
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by bjstardom(m): 3:44pm On May 29, 2013
Blogger is very simple Αη∂ easy to use for someone who doesn't understand html or css Αη∂ that is why we have many bloggers on blogger but wordpress is complex Αη∂ needs vast technicalities in using it, anyway i still love blogger sha!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Download Udemy Paid Video Courses Free On Your PC Without Any Software / Website Account Suspended, Please What Is Next!!! / How I Earn Over $50 Daily On Adsense And Affiliate Marketing (see Proves)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.