Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,210 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Gej In South Africa on Friday, speech was taped? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gej In South Africa on Friday, speech was taped? (11577 Views)

Leaked! Ameachi Edited Buhari's Speech Was a Rumour / Who Is More Relaxed Here (GMB Or GEJ) In The Meeting With John Kerry / APC : Jonathan's Declaration Speech Was Empty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gej In South Africa on Friday, speech was taped? by ochukoccna: 2:55pm On Jan 08, 2012
If true that Jonathan left for SA,that is sheer insensitivity at the best.
Rome burns&Nero is fiddling.
It means we've been told to go f@#k ourselves.
Like Tupac said,They -9ja rulers- don't give a f@#k about us.
Re: Gej In South Africa on Friday, speech was taped? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jan 08, 2012
humblebee:

a new word added to the dictionary

Adjective Beaf (beafer, beafest)
1. Lacking or marked by lack of intellectual acuity
2. In a state of mental numbness especially as resulting from bribe
3. Lacking intelligence
4. Devoid of good sense or judgment

Noun: Beaf
1. A person who is not very bright
2. A person who is daft
Synonyms:
daft
dolt
dullard
dumb
foolish
stupe
dazed
pudding head

consult 2012 oxford dictionary for more details

shocked grin cheesy grin kiss
Lmao

honestly i dont really think beaf is close to the corridor of power.his blind support for jonathan is merely borne out of the fact that he is also an ijaw like him.
Re: Gej In South Africa on Friday, speech was taped? by VoodooDoll(m): 3:56pm On Jan 08, 2012
A rep [from Kano?] in the House Of Assembly emergency debate today just said that "GEJ went to South Africa with two aeroplanes".

Sorry, but I still find it hard to believe as that would be extremely insensitive and I think GEJ's advisers are slightly smarter than that. 

I believe House of Assembly comments are covered by freedom of speech and House rules so the rep can speak things that may not  necessarily be correct.
Re: Gej In South Africa on Friday, speech was taped? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 08, 2012
Na wa o. . .my country people
Re: Gej In South Africa on Friday, speech was taped? by Pukkah: 4:00pm On Jan 08, 2012
I think it's rather insensitive and rash for Jonathan to jet out when the country is showing signs of disintegration. Insecurity is at an all-time high and there's disquiet on what will happen this week.  Is this an auspicious time for a good and empathic leader to be absent?

Furthermore, if he truly travelled, we need to find out how many aircrafts/persons he travelled with to South Africa.
Re: Gej In South Africa on Friday, speech was taped? by xreal: 4:29pm On Jan 08, 2012
is this not d best time for the Military to take-over?
Re: Gej In South Africa on Friday, speech was taped? by BetaThings: 4:36pm On Jan 08, 2012
VoodooDoll:

A rep [from Kano?] in the House Of Assembly emergency debate today just said that "GEJ went to South Africa with two aeroplanes".

Sorry, but I still find it hard to believe as that would be extremely insensitive and I think GEJ's advisers are slightly smarter than that. 

I believe House of Assembly comments are covered by freedom of speech and House rules so the rep can speak things that may not  necessarily be correct.

Have you forgotten President Jonathan's "Occupy Australia" when he went to the last commonwealth meeting with the largest contingent?
Re: Gej In South Africa on Friday, speech was taped? by VoodooDoll(m): 4:38pm On Jan 08, 2012
^^^^^^

Naija na wah oh,  He would truly be "clueless" Joe if he went to parrie in South Africa at this current time.

GEJ replies the #occupynigeria and #fuelsubsidy mob by going to #occupySouthAfrica and #parrie
Re: Gej In South Africa on Friday, speech was taped? by dayokanu(m): 5:40pm On Jan 08, 2012
Retardeen cant miss an opportunity
Re: Gej In South Africa on Friday, speech was taped? by Beaf: 5:57pm On Jan 08, 2012
Pukkah:

I think it's rather insensitive and rash for Jonathan to jet out when the country is showing signs of disintegration. Insecurity is at an all-time high and there's disquiet on what will happen this week. Is this an auspicious time for a good and empathic leader to be absent?

Furthermore, if he truly travelled, we need to find out how many aircrafts/persons he travelled with to South Africa.

I wonder why people think that govt business should grind to a halt because they are protesting? It makes no sense at any level.
As for the country disintegrating, it is my personal opinion that it should, then after the oil is gone, we will see who will come out to #Occupy their idiocy.
Re: Gej In South Africa on Friday, speech was taped? by auhanson(m): 6:30pm On Jan 08, 2012
Pls stop ds lies, d President never went to South Africa pls, let's not work on falsehood even tho things are like this
Re: Gej In South Africa on Friday, speech was taped? by auhanson(m): 7:10pm On Jan 08, 2012
Fellow nairalander, pls dnt listen to 'occupy Nigeria' cos they r fake
Re: Gej In South Africa on Friday, speech was taped? by supereagle(m): 7:20pm On Jan 08, 2012
JEG went to SA with two full planes. I heard it wen the was debating today. The most wasteful regime we ever had.
Re: Gej In South Africa on Friday, speech was taped? by auhanson(m): 7:32pm On Jan 08, 2012
GEJ himelf even deny this, dnt kill a man wt falsehood no matter hw he wud have offended u
Re: Gej In South Africa on Friday, speech was taped? by baaliyah(m): 8:19pm On Jan 08, 2012
Mumu would have gone with four PLANES if he is not trying to cut cost. Coward.
Re: Gej In South Africa on Friday, speech was taped? by BetaThings: 10:05pm On Jan 08, 2012
Beaf:

I wonder why people think that govt business should grind to a halt because they are protesting? It makes no sense at any level.
As for the country disintegrating, it is my personal opinion that it should, then after the oil is gone, we will see who will come out to #Occupy their idiocy.

"In this regard, I have directed that overseas travels by all political office holders, including the President, should be reduced to the barest minimum. The size of delegations on foreign trips will also be drastically reduced; only trips that are absolutely necessary will be approved."
- President Goodluck Jonathan. Yesterday 8th Jan 2012

Promise, default, promise and default

The trip to South Africa does not qualify as
Serious government business. So should not have been undertaken
or reasonably-sized delegation (2 plane loads = Occupy South Africa)
Re: Gej In South Africa on Friday, speech was taped? by BetaThings: 10:07pm On Jan 08, 2012
au.hanson:

Pls stop ds lies, d President never went to South Africa pls, let's not work on falsehood even tho things are like this

Beaf:

Which one?
He abandoned government business by not going or
Went to SA on a Jamboree?
Re: Gej In South Africa on Friday, speech was taped? by ocelot2006(m): 11:42pm On Jan 08, 2012
@ 1025, you do know that what you're agitating for (a coup) is a treasonous offense punishable by death, right?
Re: Gej In South Africa on Friday, speech was taped? by adino(m): 12:01am On Jan 09, 2012
@*dhtml
Na wa o. . .my country people
How far my guy. No make mistake come this politics section ooh. Just go through the threads and get-out of them.
This is the most unintelligent section in Nairaland as well as in the entire Naija webspace.

Anyway sha, How is biz, I am thinking of going into web design and hosting fully, your reply needed pls.
Re: Gej In South Africa on Friday, speech was taped? by pingu2k5(m): 2:42am On Jan 09, 2012
Now I believe that there are some enemies of Nigeria that are after the failure of Jonathan. The President did not jet out to SA.

President Goodluck Jonathan last night accused
the House of Representatives of inciting
Nigerians against his government by passing a
resolution urging him to suspend the removal of
petrol subsidy.
He also described the resolution as a mere
expression of an opinion.
He denied jetting out to South Africa or
spending N1billion to feed in Aso Rock.
The President, who spoke through his Special
Adviser on Media and Publicity, Dr. Reuben
Abati, accused some of the lawmakers of
mischief.
He gave his reaction a few hours after the House
of Representatives passed its resolution.
The presidency had attempted to stop the
session but the House leadership defied its
pressure.
He said: “Well, I mean what the House of Reps
has said is merely an opinion and in a
Constitutional democracy, people have a right
to hold debates or to discuss.
“But I think it is most unfortunate that a House
of Representatives will hold a special meeting
on a Sunday. To the best of my knowledge, that
is the first time that will happen in
contemporary Nigerian history, that a special
meeting will be called on a Sunday just to
debate an issue of deregulation.
“Of course, I followed the debate for the most
part on television and the quality of the debate
as well. I think the less we say anything about
that, the better because I have cited the
example of a member of the House
misinforming Nigerians about the President’s
movement.
“And of course you saw how one lawmaker after
another had no basic facts. There was so much
interest in grandstanding and I think that the
entire exercise is more of a comment on some
of the individual contributors to the discussion.
“That extraordinary session coming a day on the
eve of an attempt by some people to disrupt
law and order could be interpreted in some
quarters as an attempt by the House of
Representatives to incite the Nigerian people
against the government and the last time I
checked the lawmakers are also a part of this
government.”
Asked whether the House decision will not be
binding on the President, the presidential
spokesman said the presidency will not go back
on the deregulation of the downstream sector.
He added: “The President has made his position
very clear in the national broadcast .”

www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/32599-jonathan-accuses-house-of-inciting-nigerians.html
Re: Gej In South Africa on Friday, speech was taped? by iykak47: 3:45am On Jan 09, 2012
why cant these noise makers use their brain, the president is Nigeria not south africa.
where did they get the false information that presido is in south.
Re: Gej In South Africa on Friday, speech was taped? by iykak47: 3:45am On Jan 09, 2012
pingu2k5:

Now I believe that there are some enemies of Nigeria that are after the failure of Jonathan. The President did not jet out to SA.

www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/32599-jonathan-accuses-house-of-inciting-nigerians.html
Re: Gej In South Africa on Friday, speech was taped? by PapaBrowne(m): 4:45am On Jan 09, 2012
Quote: He also emphasised that the government was not inaugurating buses, but formally launching a mass transit programme for the country. According to him, “the Federal Government is not buying any bus. There is a lot of mischief makers going around to misinform Nigerians, especially through social networks, the Twitter, bb, Facebook and others, to communicate very wrong things to Nigerians. “Even as I am here with you, people are saying that I am in South Africa with about 100 Nigerians. But that is Nigeria for you. There is a lot of wrong information that is being pumped into the system

Written by Leon Usigbe, Abuja Monday, 09 January 2012

CONTRARY to speculations that President Goodluck Jonathan travelled out of the country to South Africa, the president’s spokesman, Dr Reuben Abati, said the story was far from the truth.

Dr Abati said the rumour being spread about showed the extent enemies of the government could go to discredit the president, who was in Abuja to inaugurate the 1,600 mass transit buses.

Performing the ceremony at Eagle Square, Abuja, Jonathan used the opportunity to debunk claims that the Federal Government had engaged in the mass procurement of buses.

He also emphasised that the government was not inaugurating buses, but formally launching a mass transit programme for the country.

According to him, “the Federal Government is not buying any bus. There is a lot of mischief makers going around to misinform Nigerians, especially through social networks, the Twitter, bb, Facebook and others, to communicate very wrong things to Nigerians.

“Even as I am here with you, people are saying that I am in South Africa with about 100 Nigerians. But that is Nigeria for you. There is a lot of wrong information that is being pumped into the system.

“We are not buying a single bus as a Federal Government, but we are subsidising the mass transit sector. That is what other governments do. We have to come up with programmes and policies to bring the cost of buses for mass transit down."

He added that those involved in the mass transit initiative included the federal, state and local governments, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), several commercial banks, transport unions, manufacturers and importers of mass transit vehicles.

The president, who explained that governors could not be present on the occasion because they had to be present in their states in view of the planned labour strike, regretted that the nation had no mass transit culture.

According to him, “in this country, we don't have a mass transit culture. When you travel out, people who go to school, people who go to visit friends, who travel from one city to another, enter buses or go by train. They don't use taxis. Taxis is for urgent movement or for those who have more money than the stomach would need.

“But here, that mass transit culture is not available. It comes and goes."

He said deregulation or no deregulation, the Federal Government's intention was to develop a mass transit culture which was sustainable and, therefore, the government would subsidise the manufacture of buses to bring down their cost.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/34018-jonathan-in-nigeria-commissions-mass-transit-scheme
Re: Gej In South Africa on Friday, speech was taped? by mrjingles(m): 8:45am On Jan 09, 2012
Suddenly the thread dies when the truth comes out. the insult bandwagon stopped dead in its tracks
Re: Gej In South Africa on Friday, speech was taped? by auhanson(m): 8:53am On Jan 09, 2012
mrjingles:
Suddenly the thread dies when the truth comes out. the insult bandwagon stopped dead in its track

Yes oh! that thread was sponsored by anti Govt (occupy Nig) we shld be careful not to take em serious, Jonathan may have had good intentions but He is being misguided to fail, by these same anti Govt,
Re: Gej In South Africa on Friday, speech was taped? by VoodooDoll(m): 10:13am On Jan 09, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If GEJ was in South Africa and hot footed it back to Nigeria or not, the truth will come out one day.  You cannot silence all of us all of the time.
Re: Gej In South Africa on Friday, speech was taped? by deemac09(m): 4:11pm On Jan 09, 2012
jonathan iz zo fcukd, tapin a viddy, nd jettin out to party!! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Gej In South Africa on Friday, speech was taped? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jan 09, 2012
GEJ's wisdom is [b]directly [/b]proportional to his wife's grasp of the english language.

He should spend time asking God for more of it, since He is always in a hurry to use God's name in His speeches.

(1) (2) (Reply)

States’ Bailout: Banks To Release Funds For Salary Arrears / It’s Wrong To Say Election Was Militarised, Says Gen Buratai, COAS / COVID-19 Scare: Buhari, Delegation To Go On Isolation After London Trip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.