Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Ndigbo In Northern Nigeria: Practical Steps To Regain Your Livelihood - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndigbo In Northern Nigeria: Practical Steps To Regain Your Livelihood (2577 Views)

"Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah / APC Plans Fresh Offensive To Regain Control Of National Assembly / We’ll Regain Power In 2019 – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndigbo In Northern Nigeria: Practical Steps To Regain Your Livelihood by Onlytruth(m): 5:20am On Jan 09, 2012
Nchara, thank you a million for making time to think for practical solutions to our problem in Nigeria.
This means that you are helping to put into practice the "onye aghala nwanne ya" message.

God bless you abundantly. cool
Re: Ndigbo In Northern Nigeria: Practical Steps To Regain Your Livelihood by Nchara: 6:06am On Jan 09, 2012
No problem Eze ndigbo. I believe we can help in many different ways. When the war starts, if any, those of us not available to fight we supply money for weapons grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ndigbo In Northern Nigeria: Practical Steps To Regain Your Livelihood by Nchara: 9:37pm On Jan 21, 2012
Can some of the ''3 million'' Igbos in Kano not begin to leave
Re: Ndigbo In Northern Nigeria: Practical Steps To Regain Your Livelihood by tpia5: 12:39am On Jan 22, 2012
is there any evidence there are 3 million igbos in kano?

when did they arrive there, which part of the east are the majority of them from, what was the effect on the home states and hometowns of the exodus of such a large number of people.

i believe i've asked similar questions about these demographic shifts before.
Re: Ndigbo In Northern Nigeria: Practical Steps To Regain Your Livelihood by sbeezy8: 12:45am On Jan 22, 2012
they need to relocate to the East not SW

Quickest way to achieve Biafra peacefully is igbo staying in Igboland investing in igboland not running all over the country making things complicated.
Re: Ndigbo In Northern Nigeria: Practical Steps To Regain Your Livelihood by udezue(m): 1:02am On Jan 22, 2012
God Bless You Nchara
Re: Ndigbo In Northern Nigeria: Practical Steps To Regain Your Livelihood by houvest: 1:56am On Jan 22, 2012
Great contribution Nchara.
Re: Ndigbo In Northern Nigeria: Practical Steps To Regain Your Livelihood by macjive01: 2:06am On Jan 22, 2012
you guys are funny, do u think these Igbos went to North becos the luv the weather ? abi na the mallams ?

Igbos are in the North becos they see an opportunity there.

In adamawa , in some local government there is no hospital nothing , there only source of medication will be an Igbo man selling chemist. now this Igbo man is tantamount to a doctor , a life saver, this igbo man may be a low-life in the east but will go to that north and be a doctor, administering drugs and everything.

that opportunity is not in the east.

i know many chemists that has built edifice from "chemist in the north" business.
Re: Ndigbo In Northern Nigeria: Practical Steps To Regain Your Livelihood by houvest: 2:17am On Jan 22, 2012
Right brother but what shall it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his lfe(SOUL) AND ENDANGER THE LIVES AND FUTURE OF HIS FAMILY MEMBERS.

macjive01:

you guys are funny, do u think these Igbos went to North becos the luv the weather ? abi na the mallams ?

Igbos are in the North becos they see an opportunity there.

In adamawa , in some local government there is no hospital nothing , there only source of medication will be an Igbo man selling chemist. now this Igbo man is tantamount to a doctor , a life saver, this igbo man may be a low-life in the east but will go to that north and be a doctor, administering drugs and everything.

that opportunity is not in the east.

i know many chemists that has built edifice from "chemist in the north" business.

Re: Ndigbo In Northern Nigeria: Practical Steps To Regain Your Livelihood by londoner: 2:46am On Jan 22, 2012
@OP, the way forward is for Igbos in the north to relocate back to the east. If governors will not make a forum, then notable people in the community in each state in the east should come together with well meaning citizens to prepare for members of their families and friends to relocate. It is not just about millions starting again from nothing, but a planned relocation where people will be absorbed into their new communities, even if they don't chose to go back to their birth states etc.

I can see that if people just move back, there may be some resentment after a while when they begin to compete for  employment and business. This is an opportunity to PLAN and identify areas where those coming back can invest and expand on what is needed in their new communities so that in the end, everybody gains.

We have to realise where we are. At the moment Igbos lack the unity needed to simply deal with a mass influx, once it begins to cause loss, it has to be framed by some benefit.
Re: Ndigbo In Northern Nigeria: Practical Steps To Regain Your Livelihood by Nchara: 2:49am On Jan 22, 2012
tpia@:

is there any evidence there are 3 million igbos in kano?

when did they arrive there, which part of the east are the majority of them from, what was the effect on the home states and hometowns of the exodus of such a large number of people.

i believe i've asked similar questions about these demographic shifts before.

Is there any evidence that Oduduwa fell from the sky?
Is there any evidence that Yaba Tech is the oldest institution of higher learning in Africa or something to that effect (as claimed in their website)?
Re: Ndigbo In Northern Nigeria: Practical Steps To Regain Your Livelihood by Nchara: 2:50am On Jan 22, 2012
londoner:

@OP, the way forward is for Igbos in the north to relocate back to the east.
That is the essence of the article.
Re: Ndigbo In Northern Nigeria: Practical Steps To Regain Your Livelihood by Nchara: 3:14am On Jan 22, 2012
sbeezy8:

they need to relocate to the East not SW

Quickest way to achieve Biafra peacefully is igbo staying in Igboland investing in igboland not running all over the country making things complicated.

Did you read a single mention of SW in the article? Can you guys mind your business for even a second?
Re: Ndigbo In Northern Nigeria: Practical Steps To Regain Your Livelihood by docokwy(m): 12:05am On Aug 12, 2013
Do these suggestion also apply to Igbos in SW, in the light of recent developments in Lagos?
Re: Ndigbo In Northern Nigeria: Practical Steps To Regain Your Livelihood by MaximusDMeridux: 12:15am On Aug 12, 2013
Nchara: And the Igbo armed robbers, if any in the North, should please remain in the North and rob them silly. You are armed so you can fight. No need to return home grin grin grin grin grin

Ibos with typical criminal mindset to make a quick easy buck. Yes they might rob a few people but it is a matter of time before their lifeless bodies are burned or shipped back to alaigbo in pieces. Not a question if if but when!
Re: Ndigbo In Northern Nigeria: Practical Steps To Regain Your Livelihood by MaximusDMeridux: 12:17am On Aug 12, 2013
docokwy: Do these suggestion also apply to Igbos in SW, in the light of recent developments in Lagos?

Absolutely! Start movin today! Go and start neither to the right nor left until you all leave the SW back to your land or go north but just leave!
Re: Ndigbo In Northern Nigeria: Practical Steps To Regain Your Livelihood by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 12, 2013
I pray and hope I see the day the igbos leave the north, may it also be soon

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dame Patience Says "Forbes Most Powerful Women 2013 Omitted My Name" / Breaking: At last GEJ Bows to OBJ, Seeks Help To Tackle Boko Haram Insurgency / Nigeria’s Attorney General Files Affidavits To Scuttle Use Of Pvcs For Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.