Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,827 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Dame Patience Says "Forbes Most Powerful Women 2013 Omitted My Name" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dame Patience Says "Forbes Most Powerful Women 2013 Omitted My Name" (2577 Views)

5 Pretty, Powerful Women In President Jonathan’s Government / Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 / Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dame Patience Says "Forbes Most Powerful Women 2013 Omitted My Name" by drnoel: 10:31am On Jul 21, 2013
Abuja – The office of the First Lady of Nigeria Dame (Dr) Patience Goodluck Jonathan, has faulted the 2013 Forbes list of the world’s most powerful women.

In a communiqué issued, it was noted that the annual snapshot of the 100 women with the most impact conspicuously omitted the name of Nigeria’s number one female citizen.

This snobbery, error, or typographical mistake, casts doubt on the validity of the entire list.

According to the communiqué, Forbes, for instance, names an ordinary singer in the person of Beyonce on their list; a musician without any form of political power or position, while a figure of extreme magnitude as the first lady of 150,000,000 plus Nigerians is left out.

In terms of sheer wealth, the communiqué also noted, with the exception of the USA talk show host, Oprah Winfrey, the list fails again to take into account the worth of Nigeria, and by extension, the first family - of which the first lady is no less than one of the top pair.

For the sake of continued diplomatic relations with America, the office of the first lady has concluded plans to send a high powered women delegation to the offices of Forbes magazine in America with the mandate of correcting the error; if not in this list, in subsequent such lists to come.

Source
Re: Dame Patience Says "Forbes Most Powerful Women 2013 Omitted My Name" by Tolexander: 10:33am On Jul 21, 2013
PEJ should be the first on the world most powerful women on earth!

Easy to control and influence the president of a nation?

Easy to fight and call a nobel prize winner in Prof. Wole Soyinka an embarrassment?

Easy to unsettle the governor of one's state governor and claiming innocent to the event aftermath?

Who will rather be the most powerful woman on earth than the woman that prefers to kill herself to committing suicide?

3 Likes

Re: Dame Patience Says "Forbes Most Powerful Women 2013 Omitted My Name" by PaulJohn1: 11:05am On Jul 21, 2013
Tolexander: source??
http://www.wazobiareport.com/reports/Forbes-most-powerful-women-2013-list-is-wrong-says-office-of-the-Nigerian-First-Lady

cheesy
Forbes also don enter madam first lady blacklist. How dare forbes omit the name of our one and only madam umblerra.
Forbes will pay for it in a hard way. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Dame Patience Says "Forbes Most Powerful Women 2013 Omitted My Name" by Afam4eva(m): 11:06am On Jul 21, 2013
This can't be true. No, she couldn't have said it. Pls, Someone tell me it's lie.

1 Like

Re: Dame Patience Says "Forbes Most Powerful Women 2013 Omitted My Name" by chiozor: 11:08am On Jul 21, 2013
;Di know this is a joke grin very serious joke
Re: Dame Patience Says "Forbes Most Powerful Women 2013 Omitted My Name" by greatgod2012(f): 11:09am On Jul 21, 2013
This woman is really a comedian!!!
Re: Dame Patience Says "Forbes Most Powerful Women 2013 Omitted My Name" by Pataki: 11:10am On Jul 21, 2013
It is actually a joke.
Re: Dame Patience Says "Forbes Most Powerful Women 2013 Omitted My Name" by greatgod2012(f): 11:11am On Jul 21, 2013
Does this PEJ of a woman think being recognised by Forbes as most powerful women is beans!
Re: Dame Patience Says "Forbes Most Powerful Women 2013 Omitted My Name" by naptu2: 11:12am On Jul 21, 2013
Wazobia Reports is a spoof and satire news site (kind of like Onion News Network).

1 Like

Re: Dame Patience Says "Forbes Most Powerful Women 2013 Omitted My Name" by Gbawe1: 11:12am On Jul 21, 2013
greatgod2012: This woman is really a comedian!!!

Not real. The first lady did not say this because the article is satirical.
Re: Dame Patience Says "Forbes Most Powerful Women 2013 Omitted My Name" by Freiburger(m): 11:12am On Jul 21, 2013
Powerful indeed. cheesy
Re: Dame Patience Says "Forbes Most Powerful Women 2013 Omitted My Name" by edoyad(m): 11:13am On Jul 21, 2013
People OP is just joking now. Have lost our senses of humour so badly in this country ?
Re: Dame Patience Says "Forbes Most Powerful Women 2013 Omitted My Name" by greatgod2012(f): 11:14am On Jul 21, 2013
With all her gbagauns, she really deserve to be recognised by Forbes as the most powerful woman in the world......... grin

1 Like

Re: Dame Patience Says "Forbes Most Powerful Women 2013 Omitted My Name" by PaulJohn1: 11:22am On Jul 21, 2013
Gbawe1:

Not real. The first lady did not say this because the article is satirical.

Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if she actually said it, because she's full of surprises. Most of her actions and words are actually questionable to sane human.
Re: Dame Patience Says "Forbes Most Powerful Women 2013 Omitted My Name" by Gbawe1: 11:23am On Jul 21, 2013
greatgod2012: With all her gbagauns, she really deserve to be recognised by Forbes as the most powerful woman in the world......... grin

The irony is that, in real terms, she is actually one of the most powerful women in the world. She appears to be a co-President of the biggest black nation on earth. If that is not power then I don't know what is. cool cool
Re: Dame Patience Says "Forbes Most Powerful Women 2013 Omitted My Name" by abbeycial: 11:34am On Jul 21, 2013
if PEJ name appears on dat list,den ma great grandma would win d next miss world beauty pageant.

gbam.
Re: Dame Patience Says "Forbes Most Powerful Women 2013 Omitted My Name" by omanzo02: 11:36am On Jul 21, 2013
She could'nt be that stupid to make such a statement, someone is just trying to raise false dust, period. grin grin grin
Re: Dame Patience Says "Forbes Most Powerful Women 2013 Omitted My Name" by Tenderly1(f): 11:37am On Jul 21, 2013
huh Wtf is she saying They don't owe her any explanation for that list,if her name is not on the list it means she is not doing HER JOB as the first lady of my great country NIGERIA.
Re: Dame Patience Says "Forbes Most Powerful Women 2013 Omitted My Name" by nnanyereugo(m): 11:46am On Jul 21, 2013
Seun, u'll only damage ur investment by allown rumors lik diz 2 appear on d FP. U nw mk m doubt som of d news i read here on NL. Nw i'm afraid 2 rly on dis forum 4 a genuine news.
Re: Dame Patience Says "Forbes Most Powerful Women 2013 Omitted My Name" by Freiburger(m): 11:47am On Jul 21, 2013
Nigerians, this is the same pride we place before anything, power over who? those who depend on her to wack? I wonder if Angela Merkel of Germany will give any damm about that. undecided
Re: Dame Patience Says "Forbes Most Powerful Women 2013 Omitted My Name" by yimidee(f): 12:04pm On Jul 21, 2013
I refuse to believe she actually said such, no one can be dat dense
Re: Dame Patience Says "Forbes Most Powerful Women 2013 Omitted My Name" by sanandreas(m): 12:08pm On Jul 21, 2013
Oh oh oh oh hulalala plz madam wake up. U are day dreaming
Re: Dame Patience Says "Forbes Most Powerful Women 2013 Omitted My Name" by Freiburger(m): 12:08pm On Jul 21, 2013
yimidee: I refuse to believe she actually said such, no one can be dat dense
She has done things that makes her seem denser, if thats the word you wanna hear. grin
Re: Dame Patience Says "Forbes Most Powerful Women 2013 Omitted My Name" by abu12: 12:30pm On Jul 21, 2013
After all her effort for four year to disstabilised river state and all her grammar forbes still omitted her name.

I can see the handwork of ACN
Ok I will take the job of Ngozi okonjo and add it to my job.
Re: Dame Patience Says "Forbes Most Powerful Women 2013 Omitted My Name" by Linoversace: 1:14pm On Jul 21, 2013
Pataki: It is actually a joke.
Thought as much! grin
Re: Dame Patience Says "Forbes Most Powerful Women 2013 Omitted My Name" by naptu2: 1:17pm On Jul 21, 2013
Some of my favourites from Wazobiareporters. smiley

Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Resigns After Inspecting Federation Accounts.
https://www.nairaland.com/739615/ngozi-okonjo-iweala-resigns-after

Diplomatic crisis as Brazilian exchange students refuse to sleep in Unilag Female Hostel.
http://www.wazobiareport.com/reports/Diplomatic-crisis-as-Brazilian-exchange-students-refuse-to-sleep-in-Unilag-Female-Hostel

https://www.nairaland.com/1208221/brazilian-exchange-students-nigeria-refuse

President Jonathan's book goes top of best sellers list.
https://www.nairaland.com/581346/laugh-it-off-wazobiareporters-wit
Re: Dame Patience Says "Forbes Most Powerful Women 2013 Omitted My Name" by naptu2: 1:18pm On Jul 21, 2013
Re: Dame Patience Says "Forbes Most Powerful Women 2013 Omitted My Name" by naptu2: 1:23pm On Jul 21, 2013
Adviser who lives in Obama's ears dies (Onion News special).

http://www.theonion.com/articles/tiny-advisor-who-lived-in-obamas-ear-dead-at-83,33172/
Re: Dame Patience Says "Forbes Most Powerful Women 2013 Omitted My Name" by ZACHIE: 2:04pm On Jul 21, 2013
Lai Mohammed replies:
""Her husband, The President, Federal Republic of Nigeria from whom she draws her power is not listed in the list of 200,000 most powerful men on earth. How can she be on that list?

source
Re: Dame Patience Says "Forbes Most Powerful Women 2013 Omitted My Name" by Egoarab(m): 3:19pm On Jul 21, 2013
Am out of here
Re: Dame Patience Says "Forbes Most Powerful Women 2013 Omitted My Name" by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 21, 2013
greatgod2012: This woman is really a comedian!!!
...lwkmd..xo na wetin Pej dy fnd b disshe nr get walk oo
Re: Dame Patience Says "Forbes Most Powerful Women 2013 Omitted My Name" by drnoel: 7:57pm On Jul 21, 2013
Egoarab: Am out of here
(Wriggles his nose while picking it) better come back,...where are u going to ni...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Was Actively Involved In 1983 Coup, Looted The Treasury- Tanko Yakasai / R-A-P-E, Murder Top 2013 Ekiti Crime Record -police / List Of Presidents Over 70 Who Governed Their Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.