Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,178 members, 7,849,636 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:36 AM

Oil Marketers Paid Labaru Maku To Protest Fuel Subsidy Removal - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Marketers Paid Labaru Maku To Protest Fuel Subsidy Removal (10889 Views)

No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG / $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate / Min Of Information Labaran Maku To Hold Tweet Meeting At 12pm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Marketers Paid Labaru Maku To Protest Fuel Subsidy Removal by 989900: 1:02pm On Jan 09, 2012
Suicide!
Only in Nigeria would someone say something as implicating and dumb as this and get away with it
Re: Oil Marketers Paid Labaru Maku To Protest Fuel Subsidy Removal by morewat: 1:11pm On Jan 09, 2012
This is  to tell us that most of our leaders have doubtful characters right from their childhood days. Someone who collected bribe to protest against a decision without following his own mind right from his university days (obviously more than 17 years then) now a leader, what do you expect, he has no mind of his own. That is our problem. I am very sure, the next statement you will hear from him if he fall out of favor with this regime is that he was not acting his mind!
Re: Oil Marketers Paid Labaru Maku To Protest Fuel Subsidy Removal by AjanleKoko: 1:35pm On Jan 09, 2012
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

What kind of shameless, hopeless cretin is this?

I wonder, after all this dies down, if some of these low-lifes will still hang around in government. What a disgusting mor.on this Maku chap is.
Re: Oil Marketers Paid Labaru Maku To Protest Fuel Subsidy Removal by stan241(m): 2:09pm On Jan 09, 2012
@OP source please
Re: Oil Marketers Paid Labaru Maku To Protest Fuel Subsidy Removal by lumay2: 2:46pm On Jan 09, 2012
THIS IS AN IRRESPONSIBLE STATEMENT COMING FROM LABARU MAKU. A DISGRACE TO SENSIBILITY AND INTEGRITY OF NIGERIANS.
HE ONLY CONFIRMED THAT HE IS AN OPPORTUNIST LIKE HIS MASTER GEJ WITH POOR VALUES AND INTEGRITY OF O LEADERSHIP,PEOPLE DRIVEN BY SELFISH AMBITION TO GET TO TOP.
ALSO, DURING THE TOWN HALL MEETING SANUSI LAMIDO SANUSI SAID THAT THE GOVERNMENT THAT COULD NOT CARRIED TURN -AROUND-MAINTENANCE(TAM) COULD NOT POSSIBLY BUILD A REFINERY.
WHERE ARE WE NIGERIANS
Re: Oil Marketers Paid Labaru Maku To Protest Fuel Subsidy Removal by domino74: 2:50pm On Jan 09, 2012
Infact maku is a fool and should resign immediately.what are our so call efcc and icpc waiting for here is a customer for you
Re: Oil Marketers Paid Labaru Maku To Protest Fuel Subsidy Removal by Drunk: 2:55pm On Jan 09, 2012
@OP

Can you provide SOURCE PLEASE? Or he told you personally? grin grin grin
Re: Oil Marketers Paid Labaru Maku To Protest Fuel Subsidy Removal by s1(m): 3:09pm On Jan 09, 2012
Try to alway speak the truth, even if its bitter
Re: Oil Marketers Paid Labaru Maku To Protest Fuel Subsidy Removal by Frankviews: 3:16pm On Jan 09, 2012
This reinforces that we have charlatans/simpletons around our dearly elected president
Re: Oil Marketers Paid Labaru Maku To Protest Fuel Subsidy Removal by Kelvin172(m): 4:33pm On Jan 09, 2012
Useless coward, maybe other masses protesting are also bribed.
Re: Oil Marketers Paid Labaru Maku To Protest Fuel Subsidy Removal by Ventrue: 5:06pm On Jan 09, 2012
Please Labaru Maku should RESIGN as a minister, no where in the world can such a person be minister after such magnitude of corruption as student leader. If Nigeria has to move forwards as we all want Mr Maku has to GO
Re: Oil Marketers Paid Labaru Maku To Protest Fuel Subsidy Removal by kwibus7: 5:24pm On Jan 09, 2012
Now we know the kind of man who is the nation's spokesman, a man that would do anything for a handsome pay, maybe after his time as minister, he will reveal to us how well he was paid to do what he is doing now,
Re: Oil Marketers Paid Labaru Maku To Protest Fuel Subsidy Removal by Assabr: 5:28pm On Jan 09, 2012
The Minister for Information, Honorable Labaru Maku who unfortunately is a typical example of ''corrupt citizens becoming leaders''. Claimed he was bribed by oil marketers to protest against subsidy removal and was trying to justify is actions by telling us he was ignorant(thats to bad). It means he was not only ignorant but he also lacked character and intergrity yet he was made a leader. What makes you think he is any different now, ? Unfortunately, i dont see a leader, all i see is a person in a position of a leader. Dont listen to him he is just trying to play politics on us. Thank you and God Bless Nigeria
Re: Oil Marketers Paid Labaru Maku To Protest Fuel Subsidy Removal by hbrednic: 5:30pm On Jan 09, 2012
Drunk:

@OP

Can you provide SOURCE PLEASE? Or he told you personally? grin grin grin
ask them biko,i love the way Nigerians throw insults around, i no go lie grin grin grin
Re: Oil Marketers Paid Labaru Maku To Protest Fuel Subsidy Removal by engrkris: 6:50pm On Jan 09, 2012
am waiting for that day you will tell us who paid you to support it this time. you are not even wise.
Re: Oil Marketers Paid Labaru Maku To Protest Fuel Subsidy Removal by romeo(m): 6:58pm On Jan 09, 2012
This thread clearly shows how the mentality of young Nigerians work, they protest without knowing why they are doing so, A thread without a source is getting them all emotional!! Thank God some sane people are busy asking about the source
Re: Oil Marketers Paid Labaru Maku To Protest Fuel Subsidy Removal by MuNeme(m): 7:18pm On Jan 09, 2012
@Poster Am yet to see the source of this news. I listened to him over his role in sudsidy protest myself and didn't hear say a thing like! Let's not resort to cheap blackmail all in effort to desperately paint this govt black.
Still awaiting source otherwise I expect the moderators to remove from front page
Re: Oil Marketers Paid Labaru Maku To Protest Fuel Subsidy Removal by ElderLoLo: 7:55pm On Jan 09, 2012
for Labaru Maku voice this out from his mouth of collecting bribe during his day in school without mincing a word he should be sacked from the executive, Pls Jonathan ebele should take action immediately.
Re: Oil Marketers Paid Labaru Maku To Protest Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 09, 2012
I don't need anyone to pay me from either side to determine that the manner in which this was carried out is wrong. The path of wisdom in this case, is gradualism.
Re: Oil Marketers Paid Labaru Maku To Protest Fuel Subsidy Removal by Bojiboji: 9:34pm On Jan 09, 2012
romeo:

This thread clearly shows how the mentality of young Nigerians work, they protest without knowing why they are doing so, A thread without a source is getting them all emotional!! Thank God some sane people are busy asking about the source

I was just thinking about writing something about Lanaran Maku the Minister of Information. I was at UNIJOS with him although he was my senior undergraduate and Union Leader. He mobilized me twice for protest against air strike on Libya and subsidy removal then. I stopped joining protest he organized after visiting his room and i saw all the designer wears in his wordrobe but he deceived students by consistently wearing only one or two wears nearly everyday. I just felt he was just using us and i never joined any projest again until i graduated and until June 12 protest.
Re: Oil Marketers Paid Labaru Maku To Protest Fuel Subsidy Removal by georgesylva(m): 12:16am On Jan 10, 2012
why do i sometin fishy here? I think dis guy is been paid 2 say all these.
Re: Oil Marketers Paid Labaru Maku To Protest Fuel Subsidy Removal by biometrics: 9:50am On Jan 10, 2012
andyanders:

Maku is shameless for saying this. If he has accepted bribe b4, he should not hold any public office in life. In America where we borrow the unethical practice, cannot allow you run any office because you are a corrupt individual.

It is because 2/3 of our leaders, if not all are corrupt hence they cannot prosecute the s called cabal. This translate that the governemnt is weak. They can only convict someone who stole goat or chicken but will celebrate the elites that dry the nation dry.
Where is Bankole and his likes? Why can't you prosecute OBJ since you say he has a case t answer? Reason, for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.That is their code of office. Join them.

[size=20pt]He is a big fool and he needed to leave the office[/size]
Re: Oil Marketers Paid Labaru Maku To Protest Fuel Subsidy Removal by OmoOlorun: 9:23am On Jan 11, 2012
This man is unintelligent. This is how all our stealing leaders will come openly and confess like idiots without realising Nigerians will be smart enough to read between the lines. The rogue should resign immediately and the anti-corruption agencies should go after him for prosecution. In civilised countries, a crime committed can still be punished 50 years later if the perpetrator is found out. Maku has been found out for taking bribes years ago, he should be tried. He betrayed the confidence of his student followers. Shame! Such should never lead Nigeria.
Re: Oil Marketers Paid Labaru Maku To Protest Fuel Subsidy Removal by BrutusKag: 4:26pm On Jan 11, 2012
This Maku shows the kind of leaders we have in this country. The Swiss Cenrral Bank Chief resigned on Monday becuase his wife was alleged to be involved in currency trading. The man resigned becuase he knows his credibility has been compromised. Jonathan should fire this guy. Betterstill, let him come clean with the names of those marketers. This is another govt propaganda of turning oil marketers into weeping boy. Marketers whose margin will not increase beyond N4.60 whether government sells at N65 or N141. Govt is broke and needs money and he is the only beneficiary of this price hike. Read https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-843758.0html
Re: Oil Marketers Paid Labaru Maku To Protest Fuel Subsidy Removal by vanstanzy(m): 12:26am On Jan 13, 2012
GUYZ FOR SOME REASON I DONT BELIEVE THIS STORY. BUT IF ITS TRUE THEN NA IM PAPA AND MAMA THE MARKETERS GO ENSLAVE AND MORTGAGE THIER FUTURE. grin grin grin
Re: Oil Marketers Paid Labaru Maku To Protest Fuel Subsidy Removal by trinicare: 6:43am On Jan 29, 2013
Shame on you Maku, you better face Dr Ezekwesili in the next public debate on issues that matters, unaccounted($67 Dollars)and stop any excuses whatsoever. I think you should resign your ministerial position and be prosecuted, since disclosing, you were bribed by the oil marketers. Who knows how much he knows of the money in question.
Re: Oil Marketers Paid Labaru Maku To Protest Fuel Subsidy Removal by Countryman93: 11:03am On Jan 29, 2013
Theres urgent need for a common sense vaccination for we nigerians to begin to fish out the conspiracy theories in our politics . Theres a saying that to whom a brain is given sense is expected. I know that after reading the things i will drop here, thousands of folks will kill me with different labels. No wahala that is the cross of good conscience and right judgement away from general public feelings and ill conceived perception.

Mallam Elrufai deceived madam skin punk Ezekwesili to enter an ill fated accountability battle with the FG with promise of VP Slot come 2015 insha allah.Now she's locked in a battle that will gradually become her undoing. The same Elrufai that confiscated lands and even allocated some to his friend in deceit (skin punk oby) with which she gave her so called pastor husband to erect a monumental church in Abuja.

But after the storm settles about her fictitious rantling, the question remains; what happened to the huge education funds she collected within 7 months? (not to mention the funds she collected in Solid minerals Ministry)

let the acclaimed madam due process set herself as example by accounting to Nigerians first. let me mention that truly she"s one of the few folks that have made us proud but she has soiled her reputation by becoming a politician. She has joined Soludo in ignominy. As for Elrufai, he is locked in a deadly battle with the Holy Spirit in an attempt to defend his purported running mate come 2015 insha allah from allegation of misappropriation of huge education funds in 7 months.

I hate it when folks begin to run their mouth as soon as they vacate office and are not recalled. No Nigerian is indispensable no matter ur proffessorial majesty. Oby Ezekwesili and her ilk pride themselves as indispensable and the only knowledgable people with the magic wand to change Nigeria. And even more annoying is that they wear a fake garment of religious piety after contributing to our problems. the Onus is on nigerians to shine their eyes to all this ongoing deceit of the public for fame and power.

how many times did she engage in debate when she was minister? she should not worry when Maku leaves office she should come for debate then she will receive the rudest shock of her life that she's been overrating her self.

Elrufai has been caught in his web of evil hatred and deceit. Tribute to the dying Elrufai hausa fulani dynasty; FROM DIVIDE AND RULE to DECEIVE AND RULE? no way. not this time and age my people. This is not about GEJ its about rescuing the people from Men and women of Evil venom in beautiful disguise. Nigeria must and will be freed in the midst of fake apostles of change and accountability. Nonsense!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Was Governor Chime Kidnapped? / APC Crisis: Caretaker Committe Awaits Outcome Of Buhari’s London Meeting / 4 Nigerians Beaten By 30 Malaysians In Kepong,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.