Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,776 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Usa Visa Renewal In Lagos: Vjustice, Justwise, Please Advice - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visa Renewal In Lagos: Vjustice, Justwise, Please Advice (4794 Views)

Urban Renewal In Nigeria: Development Of States And Capitals / I Need Help From "Justwise" / U.k Visa 10 Year Ban Question For Justwise Urgent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Usa Visa Renewal In Lagos: Vjustice, Justwise, Please Advice by bobyzamora: 7:26am On Jan 10, 2012
Hi everyone,

Am currently in usa on a B1/B2 tourist,Business visa.It expires in the next couple of months. i actually got the visa while i was a student back in Europe. Now am thinking of going back to nigeria ,lagos to be precise for a renewal.(before it expires) This is actually my 3rd time in America and am single ,

Pls am asking for your advise, what are my chances? I have heard how ruthless the American embassy is in lagos,

Do i go back home and renew it or do i go for "shola shola"(arrange myself ) here?
Re: Usa Visa Renewal In Lagos: Vjustice, Justwise, Please Advice by justwise(m): 8:21am On Jan 10, 2012
bobyzamora:

Hi everyone,

Am currently in usa on a B1/B2 tourist,Business visa.It expires in the next couple of months. i actually got the visa while i was a student back in Europe. Now am thinking of going back to nigeria ,lagos to be precise for a renewal.(before it expires) This is actually my 3rd time in America and am single ,

Pls am asking for your advise, what are my chances? I have heard how ruthless the American embassy is in lagos,

Do i go back home and renew it or do i go for "shola shola"(arrange myself ) here?

Do you have more tie to Nigeria than the European country where you were issued the visa?
Re: Usa Visa Renewal In Lagos: Vjustice, Justwise, Please Advice by bobyzamora: 1:55pm On Jan 10, 2012
Yes Justwise,
         i have more ties to Nigeria more than the country where the usa visa was issued. Infact after my studies,i left the european country to the usa with a 2yr B1/B2 visa(my 2nd time of going there,) spent about 3months and flew straight to Nigeria where i spent the whole of last year staying. In addition to this,i worked in usa the 1st time i went there with a 6month work visa, ( so i have an expired social security number).

i do buy cars,computers and phones each time i come to usa ,infact i showed the border officers at the point of entry some of the receipts,and he stamped my passport and wrote B1( bizness class, even though i told him i was coming for visit and bizness).

I also have a landed property in Nigeria which i run with my mum, i feel i can provide bank statement of about 1.5m and about $5000, so pls whts your advice? (am single dont forget)

Also ,would i need an invitation letter too if i were to renew it?
                                                                                        thanks bro,
Re: Usa Visa Renewal In Lagos: Vjustice, Justwise, Please Advice by justwise(m): 7:32pm On Jan 10, 2012
bobyzamora:

Yes Justwise,
         i have more ties to Nigeria more than the country where the usa visa was issued. Infact after my studies,i left the european country to the usa with a 2yr B1/B2 visa(my 2nd time of going there,) spent about 3months and flew straight to Nigeria where i spent the whole of last year staying. In addition to this,i worked in usa the 1st time i went there with a 6month work visa, ( so i have an expired social security number).

i do buy cars,computers and phones each time i come to usa ,infact i showed the border officers at the point of entry some of the receipts,and he stamped my passport and wrote B1( bizness class, even though i told him i was coming for visit and bizness).

I also have a landed property in Nigeria which i run with my mum, i feel i can provide bank statement of about 1.5m and about $5000, so pls whts your advice? (am single dont forget)

Also ,would i need an invitation letter too if i were to renew it?
                                                                                        thanks bro,

Ok, in that case renewing it in Nigeria is the better option, visa renewer is like first application, the only advantage now is that you have immigration history, you either use IV or make hotel reservation.
Re: Usa Visa Renewal In Lagos: Vjustice, Justwise, Please Advice by bobyzamora: 6:15pm On Jan 11, 2012
Ok bros,thanks alot,
Re: Usa Visa Renewal In Lagos: Vjustice, Justwise, Please Advice by Shinatu: 1:11pm On Jan 12, 2012
justwise:

Ok, in that case renewing it in Nigeria is the better option, visa renewer is like first application, the only advantage now is that you have immigration history, you either use IV or make hotel reservation

I have never had to use any for my US NIV(Non immigrant visa) renewal. Anyway the embassy says they do not have specific requirement for documents to be presented,just to be prepared with those that will show your readiness to come back home.

You can use the visa renewal (drop box) facility up to a year after the expiration of your current visa, so if you are not in a hurry to get back to the US you have a whole year in Nigeria to renew that visa
Re: Usa Visa Renewal In Lagos: Vjustice, Justwise, Please Advice by bobyzamora: 4:43pm On Jan 12, 2012
Shinatu thanks for ur responce,,

But pls when u say use d drop box,does it mean i"ll only drop my passport? or do i need to add other documents? mind u,i intend to apply before my current visa expires,
Re: Usa Visa Renewal In Lagos: Vjustice, Justwise, Please Advice by Shinatu: 11:50pm On Jan 18, 2012
sorry, just seeing this

You will still have to fix an appointment and appear there physically with your documents. Drop box is just a term that has been in use since the time the process was a little bit different.

Take the link below to get more info if you have'nt done that already

http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/niv_renewals.html

(1) (Reply)

Haunting Photos From A Visit To The Auschwitz And Birkenau Concentration Camps / Please Help Me: Which City In Uk Life Is Easy For A New Comer And Also Job Oppor / Please How Many Hours Is Lagos To Abeokuta?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.