Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,240 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Multilinks Wahala: Or Is It My Lappy? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Multilinks Wahala: Or Is It My Lappy? (2253 Views)

. / Multilinks Balance Check / 3g Multilinks Modem(ev-do) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Multilinks Wahala: Or Is It My Lappy? by timbros(m): 8:26am On Jan 10, 2012
Ever since i reformatted my system and started using windows 7, my multilinks modem doesnt work again, if i insert it, nothin happens. Normally it would show the network bar after some seconds of inserting it but now, nothing happens, just like that.

HELP PLEASE!
Re: Multilinks Wahala: Or Is It My Lappy? by koseepaaro(m): 8:56am On Jan 10, 2012
Nothing happens? Did you try to connect this your Multilinks modem to your friend's system that is also using Windows 7?
Re: Multilinks Wahala: Or Is It My Lappy? by timbros(m): 11:31am On Jan 11, 2012
yes i did and it works in his system and yes he is using window 7 too,
Re: Multilinks Wahala: Or Is It My Lappy? by koseepaaro(m): 3:31pm On Jan 11, 2012
@poster, can you elaborate more on exactly what you discovered after you connect the modem to your system instead of you just saying nothing happen anytime you connect your modem to your computer? When you connect the modem to your computer after which the modem suppose to bring up the software where you will have to wait for it to bring network and you just click 'connect' after you fully see network signal. What are those things you discovered? Because what you discovered will also lead us to know what is really happening and be able to suggest one or two likely things that you can try to make it work.
Re: Multilinks Wahala: Or Is It My Lappy? by timbros(m): 7:07pm On Jan 12, 2012
Like i said earlier, nothing happens. Let me explain. If i insert my modem, i'll open the multilinks software, normally, the full network bar is suppose to show after some seconds to show that the software have detected the modem, only then will i click 'connect'. Now my problem is, i dont see that network bar, meaning the software dont detect the modem, so i cant click 'connect', do u understand now? I need help on what to do to make the software 'see' the modem,

Thanks for ur help in advance,
Re: Multilinks Wahala: Or Is It My Lappy? by femi4: 6:30am On Jan 13, 2012
Go to your device manager and make sure that all your hardware drivers installed correctly esp network and modem drivers. Also, did u format ur system using a service complete OS?
Re: Multilinks Wahala: Or Is It My Lappy? by timbros(m): 8:37am On Jan 13, 2012
@femi

I'll check and get back asap. As for ur question, i cant really answer that cuz i didnt actually reformatted it MYSELF but i took the system to an engineer, can u enlighten me on that please?
Re: Multilinks Wahala: Or Is It My Lappy? by koseepaaro(m): 7:19pm On Jan 13, 2012
Can your system detect a flash drive when you insert it into any USB Port in your system? If yes, it means your USB Ports are working fine. Then, another thing that I would advise you to do is to go to 'Computer' Icon on the desktop and right click on it. Choose properties from 'Computer' that you right click on, then, locate something like 'Hardware' or 'Device Manager' on the top left side of the screen. When 'Device Manager' list out some components that you have inside your system at the left side of the screen, look among them and try to locate a device called 'Modem'. Observe this device very closely whether you will see something like Yellow or Black sign on it. Please, observe this very closely! Because a customer of mine has once told me that her laptop was formatted by a technician and after that her Glo or was it Visafone modem refused to work until they go to the 'Device Manager' and ensured that the Yellow or Black sign found on 'Modem' in 'Device Manager' was resolved by getting a compatible driver and drive this Modem device. You too can also check this out, who knows, it might solve yours too!
Re: Multilinks Wahala: Or Is It My Lappy? by timbros(m): 7:53pm On Jan 13, 2012
thanks @koseepaaro,

I went through as u directed but there wasnt a yellow or black sign on 'modem' but i did see a yellow triangle wit a black '!' on it but its not on modem, its on 'unknown device', far from 'modem'. Could it be the fault?

And yes my system 'see' any USB device. The port works normal cuz i use it to transfer stuffs from my phone, play games wit pad etc, so it works fine, all 3 USB ports,
Re: Multilinks Wahala: Or Is It My Lappy? by femi4: 9:55pm On Jan 13, 2012
I m sorry to say this, you will need a to reformat your system with a gud window 7 OS. Its a typical problem with a window 7 that is not well cracked thereby causing one of the services responsible for network to be in a ST0P mode
Re: Multilinks Wahala: Or Is It My Lappy? by koseepaaro(m): 10:21pm On Jan 13, 2012
Well! You might as well follow femi4's suggestion. But let me also add to it that you can also look for any technician around you over there to get a driver CD and drive the 'unknown' device that you talked about in 'Device Manager', then let's see what happen after that.
Re: Multilinks Wahala: Or Is It My Lappy? by timbros(m): 7:06am On Jan 14, 2012
Thanks guys.

Reformatting AGAIN? I dont even have an external drive for back up! I lost damn too many files in my last reformat,
Re: Multilinks Wahala: Or Is It My Lappy? by koseepaaro(m): 10:50am On Jan 14, 2012
Have you tried what I told you to try yesterday? If YES, kindly tell us the result.
Re: Multilinks Wahala: Or Is It My Lappy? by timbros(m): 1:38pm On Jan 14, 2012
Due to the strike, i havent gone out but i called my technician, he isnt working too cuz of the strike. I hope by monday, things will come back to normal then i can go see him,
Re: Multilinks Wahala: Or Is It My Lappy? by koseepaaro(m): 2:42pm On Jan 14, 2012
Ok.

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Audio Sound To Text Converter / Please Ooo Which Of THE Android Emulator Is Best On Pc / ****Get 1-2 dollars per click on your adsense website/blog!****

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.