Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,548 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

How Is Cbn Cashless Policy Going To Affect Your Business? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Is Cbn Cashless Policy Going To Affect Your Business? (17411 Views)

Is CBN Controlling Lagos Banks Different To That Of Ogun State? / Is CBN Hoarding The Lesser Bills In The Economy? / How Is Cbn's Cashless Policy Going To Affect The Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is Cbn Cashless Policy Going To Affect Your Business? by Toks2008(m): 3:17pm On Jan 11, 2012
For the very first time in my entire life as a Nigerian, i'm seing a very exellent policy been made by the CBN/Fed govt.

This will encourage people to have a bank account, reduce theft cases to the tune of millions of cnaira and generally give total serenity to the business world. Nice one.
Re: How Is Cbn Cashless Policy Going To Affect Your Business? by EvilBrain1(m): 3:18pm On Jan 11, 2012
This rubbish policy is just another form of taxation by the useless, corrupt federal government. Instead of them to find ways to encourage the growth of small businesses, they are throwing up obstacles and extorting money.

I tire for these people.
Re: How Is Cbn Cashless Policy Going To Affect Your Business? by krap(m): 3:21pm On Jan 11, 2012
@leoMax
it was possible cos service charges are not yet applicable. They would be by March 31.
@limaoscar
opening an ordinary cash dom if u ask me wuld be the way to go for such transfers by ur uncle
Re: How Is Cbn Cashless Policy Going To Affect Your Business? by Limaoscar: 3:22pm On Jan 11, 2012
@Yamakuza and LeoMax,

i've never met my current aboki, though i got his number from a friend.

I transfer naira to his acct online, and he funds my dorm.

Abokis have gone digital!

Correct. Thanks for the insight, I hardly keep money in Naira myself. I only transfer what I intend to spend from my Dorm to Checking from online banking.  Digital Abokis even have solutions

Many thanks for the "explanate" I will Pass Info to him right away but this must be the height of trust right?, grin grin. I mean you transfer Naira online to Aboki and wait for Him to pay Equivalent to your Dormiciliary Account after your money hit His account, what if He does not do the honorable thing, just asking cheesy cheesy.
Re: How Is Cbn Cashless Policy Going To Affect Your Business? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 11, 2012
@Limaoscar

Deal with a trusted person only. Besides, all online intra-bank transfers are instant. Interbanks using etranzac are within hours
Re: How Is Cbn Cashless Policy Going To Affect Your Business? by Limaoscar: 3:32pm On Jan 11, 2012
@limaoscar
opening an ordinary cash dom if u ask me wuld be the way to go for such transfers by your uncle

@Krap,
Thanks for advice but He already has a Dom account with SCB but the problem is cashing Money from say UBA , 1ST bANK ETC and changing close to N1M +  every now and then  before paying into His Dom . That was the case. So If I hear you guys well, are you saying He might have to transfer online to His mallam's account (assuming they use the same bank) and the dude will now pay into His Dom  Please educate me more. I plan to call Him later at 7.30 PM and e-mail him these useful notes make the man no go dey pay worth-less interest for nothing to banks, scary that!
Re: How Is Cbn Cashless Policy Going To Affect Your Business? by yamakuza: 3:44pm On Jan 11, 2012
Limaoscar:

@Krap,
Thanks for advice but He already has a Dom account with SCB but the problem is cashing Money from say UBA , 1ST bANK ETC and changing close to N1M +  every now and then  before paying into His Dom . That was the case. So If I hear you guys well, are you saying He might have to transfer online to His mallam's account (assuming they use the same bank) and the dude will now pay into His Dom  Please educate me more. I plan to call Him later at 7.30 PM and e-mail him these useful notes make the man no go dey pay worth-less interest for nothing to banks, scary that!

it takes time to build such trust so while he's building such with an aboki with small amounts, he can also deal with established BDXs or Nairaland Autodealers like . . .
Re: How Is Cbn Cashless Policy Going To Affect Your Business? by yamakuza: 3:59pm On Jan 11, 2012
LeoMax:

I hope the laws dont affect withdrawals and payments to and from Dorm accounts

yamakuza:

doesnt affect FOREX cos we are not the ones printing them.

Re: How Is Cbn Cashless Policy Going To Affect Your Business? by Limaoscar: 4:01pm On Jan 11, 2012
Thanks @Yamakuza, LeoMax and Krap,
I will note and pass info to him but our Issues plenty as a country sha.

Just Iin December when I visited my Peeps, Govt where already talking about changing Car number plates in Lagos, Driver's license, Toll gate taking @ Lekki which was another horrifying Traffic sight , na wa o!!
Re: How Is Cbn Cashless Policy Going To Affect Your Business? by Limaoscar: 4:01pm On Jan 11, 2012
Thanks @Yamakuza, LeoMax and Krap,
I will note and pass info to him but our Issues plenty as a country sha.

Just Iin December when I visited my Peeps, Govt where already talking about changing Car number plates in Lagos, Driver's license, Toll gate taking @ Lekki which was another horrifying Traffic sight , na wa o!!
Re: How Is Cbn Cashless Policy Going To Affect Your Business? by kizito96(m): 4:39pm On Jan 11, 2012
Nigeria is not ripe for a cashless society
Re: How Is Cbn Cashless Policy Going To Affect Your Business? by ignis: 5:55pm On Jan 11, 2012
It won't have much difference with normal cash.
Re: How Is Cbn Cashless Policy Going To Affect Your Business? by abhosts(m): 10:03pm On Jan 11, 2012
LeoMax:

The New Law says 150k cash withdrawal not check which I pay to someone. So what I did was Issue a check of 150k to 2 persons each and they cash it and I cash 150k myself. No limits exceeded.

Wrong!! The New rule States that all Third-Party Over-the-counter Withdrawals from your account that accumulate beyond 150k(daily) would attract the 10% charge. But there would be no charge if the Cheque is paid into a Current account.
Re: How Is Cbn Cashless Policy Going To Affect Your Business? by tribepro(m): 3:19am On Jan 12, 2012
Guys, I see a lot of guys are seriously confused on the way forward. Avoiding the bank charges as a result of this policy is simple. If you are an individual and you want to pay anybody above N150,000, you either use bank transfer to the person's account or you issue a crossed cheque, which means, the person has to pay it into his/her account.
If you have a business that has a daily turn over above N150,000, you should go and register your business with CAC and open a business account. That way, you can pay or withdrawal up to N1M daily without charges. If your business daily turn over is above N1m, you get a POS machine and transact most of your business cashless. I believe that anybody whose business is turning over N1m plus should be able to have a stand-by generator to support his business.
For those sending allowances to their wards abroad, within your Dom account this policy will not affect you. Most of the black market operators, I'm not talking of the road-side Mallams, registered burea de change operators will be operating with POS Machine. So, with your Debit card, you can buy your forex and pay into your Dom acct.
So, do not wait till March 1st 2012, if you're in Lagos so as to fall victim. Just take the necessary action now and be ready. You can approach any lawyer for business name registration. It'll not cost you more than N15000. I repeat N15OOO.
Re: How Is Cbn Cashless Policy Going To Affect Your Business? by mayblossom(f): 6:13am On Jan 12, 2012
@Leomax,
what matters is how much left ur acc in CASH,not how many times u split it.except if u giv ur frnds crossed check,dey pay into their acc & den wdr frm dere for u.BTW wot do u need so much cash for? Even if u want to pay ppl,collect dia acc nos nd wire d moni.
Again ppl,d limit of 300k daily is just for internet bnkn,if u wanna pay someone up to 1m,dere are oda options na:acc to acc,crossed cq,neft,nibbs,etc
naija ppl are good @ complainin.someone talkd of illiteracy.will gov also com to ur hous to teach u abt cashless society?dere's a lot of awareness bt nobody wants to read or listen.or ask question na,atleast dat one is free.
Cashless soc. will help curb corruption & embezlment cos once evry cash has to pass thru accounts,it'll be traceable.u know sanity has to start frm somwhere. It will also reduce robbery cos all man kno say nobody dey keep cash again.for internet fraud,at least dey go thru d stress of preparin,unlike cash stealin dat can hapn in a flash withoun any costly plan or strategy.embrace it ppl.it's for good.may be difficult initialy, but change always is. We'll enjoy it eventually.
Re: How Is Cbn Cashless Policy Going To Affect Your Business? by Greeties: 7:38am On Jan 12, 2012
Usually People get the choice of getting a refund or a replacement vehicle for a lemon, You must, however, give the dealer a reasonable opportunity to repair the automobile.The rights owned by consumers by lemon laws may exceed the warranties expressed in purchase contracts.

thewilliamsonfirm.com
Re: How Is Cbn Cashless Policy Going To Affect Your Business? by thoth: 11:36am On Jan 12, 2012
Africans always try to borrow solutions to OTHER peoples problems, Cashless society is being forced on people whereby the foundation for such policies has not bee put in place, Nigeria has no Data networks infrastructure , has one of the highest cost of internet subscriptions , does not have Data and Systems security engineers to ward against phishers and hackers.
How can this work if you don't have internet to connect vast networks of ATM machines and bank servers ?
How can such transactions be secure if you don't have Professional System security engineers to safeguard the computer naive masses from scams and protect their personal data and capital ?
How can this work if the masses themselves does not have access to cheap internet facilities ?

My cousin told me last December that he cannot withdraw money from the ATM because there is "NO SERVICE" meaning the network facility is down. how can people do business with such an unreliable facility ?
Even China has not implemented cashless policies because they don't take their orders from IMF and their imperialistic fraudsters no matter the amount of capital that flows around in the nation . Their aim is to cripple the economy and they are doing a good job
Re: How Is Cbn Cashless Policy Going To Affect Your Business? by Limaoscar: 4:04pm On Jan 12, 2012
Guys, I see a lot of guys are seriously confused on the way forward. Avoiding the bank charges as a result of this policy is simple. If you are an individual and you want to pay anybody above N150,000, you either use bank transfer to the person's account or you issue a crossed cheque, which means, the person has to pay it into his/her account.
If you have a business that has a daily turn over above N150,000, you should go and register your business with CAC and open a business account. That way, you can pay or withdrawal up to N1M daily without charges. If your business daily turn over is above N1m, you get a POS machine and transact most of your business cashless. I believe that anybody whose business is turning over N1m plus should be able to have a stand-by generator to support his business.
For those sending allowances to their wards abroad, within your Dom account this policy will not affect you. Most of the black market operators, I'm not talking of the road-side Mallams, registered burea de change operators will be operating with POS Machine. So, with your Debit card, you can buy your forex and pay into your Dom acct.
So, do not wait till March 1st 2012, if you're in Lagos so as to fall victim. Just take the necessary action now and be ready. You can approach any lawyer for business name registration. It'll not cost you more than N15000. I repeat N15OOO.

Another Excellent piece and wise counsel on Subject
Re: How Is Cbn Cashless Policy Going To Affect Your Business? by lastpage: 9:35am On Jan 14, 2012
@Krap
@lastpage
You are terribly misinformed as the intention of the policy. Like i said the emphasis here is CASH:to reduce the amount of physical cash being handled,one can wire money into any account and the service charges won't apply. And the C-I-T(Cash-In-Transit) companies u mentioned  are only required when u want to move cash from one location to another which has put off the use of bullion vans by the banks and not for cash transfers. The limit on online transfer serves its purposes if u ask me. I am only throwing more light on the policy and not to determine if it will succeed or not. Gracias!

Krap, with due respect, l an sure you are the one who is outrageously misinformed!
I do a lot of CIT over the years! That is how l send money to family members and even pay "workers", from overseas.
It is paying someone “cash” from your bank account without issuing a paper cheque.
I go online into my account and issue a CIT, it can be collected from any branch of my bank in Nigeria.
Problem now is, they wont be paid directly by the bank, it is now through another “intermediary”! Copy that?
Again, there is a “limit” on how much you can transfer online (by CIT or otherwise) in a day. It is called your “daily transfer limit”. Go to any bank and find out please.
The “physical cash movement” from one location to another” companies you are confusing with “CIT” are “Cash Movement” companies.
These are “Security companies” that offer “cash movement” as a service, using bullion vans, very different from CIT.
Except the “limit” is removed (l agree, for security reasons it should not be, as it limits “the immediate damage” that can be done if your account is compromised) or it is increased properly to cater for the “price of doing transactions” putting into consideration that the naira is a very weak currency. In the ”West”, you can do cash transaction of 5,000Eur or 5,000GBP or $10,000 across the counter (with proper I.D), Nigeria should translate that into “naira” (=> 1,500,000naira @$1 = 150naira) and make it our cash limit. Simples.

Muchas Gracias

Lastpage

@Yamazuka
i dont believe online transfer limit is per day.

I believe its per transaction/transfer, so multiple online transfers will be needed.

Worst case, write a crossed check.
Let me correct that.
1.) There is a single transaction limit
2.) There is also a daily transaction limit.

Crossed Cheque
will require that l hand it over in person! Defeats the whole purpose of online banking!

if you doubt me, visit any back and make inquiries.
Cheers.
Re: How Is Cbn Cashless Policy Going To Affect Your Business? by lastpage: 9:45am On Jan 14, 2012
@Zeal22
Please ask questions when you dont understand, you might embarass yourself.

Shut your bloody Mouth and stop pretending like you're intelligent!
If par chance you have something sensible to say SAY IT, if you want to "answer" questions, then do so!

Is it not "embarrassing enough" that YOU cant even spell "embarrass" correctly!

Mtcheew!

Lastpage!
Re: How Is Cbn Cashless Policy Going To Affect Your Business? by krap(m): 8:13pm On Jan 14, 2012
@Lastpage
Like i said before,you are misinformed but for knowledge sake,look up the word CIT you are wrongly inferring to mean online money transfer(or simply money transfer) here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cash-in-transit.

lastpage:

Problem now is, they wont be paid directly by the bank, it is now through another “intermediary”! Copy that?
Again, there is a “limit” on how much you can transfer online (by CIT or otherwise) in a day. It is called your “daily transfer limit”. Go to any bank and find out please.

First, there is no intermediary when you make online transfers for any one to collect cash.You are probably still mistaking the CIT's role as stipulated by the policy( http://www.cbn.gov.ng/cashless/ )where they are now licensed to make cash movements and not for the online transfers you are inferring above.

Secondly,just like i said in my previous post,banks have their limits on online transfers which is cumulative, i think you are the one who needs to do make the visit to a bank for further clarifications and not moi wink

And i need to re-emphasize this,even after March 30th, you can still withdraw/deposit above the stipulated limit but the service charges would now apply.Reducing cash in circulation (not eliminating) it is one of the main reasons why this policy was set-up.

Regards.
Re: How Is Cbn Cashless Policy Going To Affect Your Business? by PHIPEX(m): 9:51pm On Jan 14, 2012
People in Europe and America can do alot here by telling us how cashless economy work over there. I believe its a good policy.
Re: How Is Cbn Cashless Policy Going To Affect Your Business? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jan 14, 2012
@Lastpage,

Please what bank do you use(need the service)? I know what you are talking about. The problem is the bank may have christened their service as "CIT "cash-in-transit while some people here are merely looking at the dictionary meaning.
Re: How Is Cbn Cashless Policy Going To Affect Your Business? by LARRYBIYI: 5:41pm On Mar 22, 2012
My fellow Nigerian cashless policy is good thoug proper awareness is still needed and as regards transfer on Pocketmoni there are three levels which each having its daily transaction limit (1) classic users max transaction is 30k bt 3k per time 2) sliver max transaction per day is 100k bt 10k per time (3) Platinium max transaction per day is 1M bt 100k per time and its free no access charge to any bank of ur choice
Re: How Is Cbn Cashless Policy Going To Affect Your Business? by legalwealth(m): 1:21pm On Oct 19, 2012
Let us all look unto
how the cashless policy will profit us and I've been searching all these days
where there are opportunities in Mobile Money,Etransact and many more as so many people
I've been making silent cash from it while some other people are here complaining as I've read through
almost have of the page for more than 1hr now that I've been on this page.

How do you think that it is possible?

Re: How Is Cbn Cashless Policy Going To Affect Your Business? by legalwealth(m): 4:14pm On Oct 19, 2012
This is what I just got and enrolled into.
To learn more about this programme for FREE and register for FREE and activate it later anytime that you wish but
the earlier the better.
Visit www. cashless nigeria business . com but remove the spaces inbetween before you type the website address into your address bar.

=> Click on ENTER SPONSOR ID and use LEGALWEALTH as the SPONSOR ID to join my professional team where I will be teaching more tips about it.Thanks

I got one really reliable for now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Naira Sinks To All-time Low Of 365.25/dollar / Forex Reserves Gain Positive Momentum, Rise For Five Straight Days / I Sell Quality Wristwatches, Only...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.