Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Music Phones: Motorola ROKR Or Sony Ericsson W800? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Music Phones: Motorola ROKR Or Sony Ericsson W800? (4342 Views)

Tecno BOOM J7 Comes In Second Place On The Top 5 Music Phones For 2015 / Htc Desire S Or Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro / Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Music Phones: Motorola ROKR Or Sony Ericsson W800? by avirji(m): 11:40pm On Mar 14, 2006
Hey everyone smiley

I had a question for everybody (and between, thx a lot for putting in your opinion on the email post) would you by the Motorola ROKR, or the Sony W800?

Please reply, eh
Re: Music Phones: Motorola ROKR Or Sony Ericsson W800? by Seun(m): 3:37pm On Mar 15, 2006
Sony W800

Your music in your phone — W800 Walkman®
Have your music with you wherever you are. Just press the music button to start your in-phone music player, select your favourite song or playlist and enjoy. Getting your music into your mobile is easy – the W800i comes with music transfer software. Move the music from your CDs. Fast and easy. And, to introduce you to the Sony Ericsson Walkman® phone experience, there are six top music hits waiting for you in your W800i.

Dual front design
Straight up, W800 is a fresh-looking mobile phone with crystal clear screen, joystick control and icon desktop. Turn it around and tip it sideways and your W800 megapixel camera is ready to use with shutter button and zoom control at your fingertips.

Re: Music Phones: Motorola ROKR Or Sony Ericsson W800? by Seun(m): 3:42pm On Mar 15, 2006
Motorola ROKR

Itunes
Pick up a new Motorola ROKR with iTunes® and you’re ready to roll. Seamless coordination with your iTunes® desktop music library and digital file formats makes sure you’ve always got your tunes with you wherever you go. Approximate iTunes® transfer time is 30 seconds for 4MB music file. Transfer times will vary.

Complete Imaging
Never lose the moment again with the fully integrated VGA camera with video send and playback

Bluetooth® Wireless Technology
From wireless talking to wireless synching, this phone makes it happen. Just hook up any Bluetooth®-compliant accessory and be wire-free.

Surround Sound
On the beach or on the sidewalk you can always listen to your songs the way you want to hear them.

Re: Music Phones: Motorola ROKR Or Sony Ericsson W800? by dagaro(m): 4:22pm On Mar 15, 2006
Sony Ericsson W800i
Re: Music Phones: Motorola ROKR Or Sony Ericsson W800? by Seun(m): 9:03pm On Mar 15, 2006
The w800i? Why did you choose that one?
Re: Music Phones: Motorola ROKR Or Sony Ericsson W800? by Hunter(m): 2:41am On Mar 16, 2006
w800i anyday of the week, the ROKR is a gimmick designed to ride on the success of the iPod.
The software on it is craptastic and they whole thing feels like its going to fall apart in your hands.

The w800i on the other hand feels well built and is well thought out.
Re: Music Phones: Motorola ROKR Or Sony Ericsson W800? by dagaro(m): 9:29am On Mar 16, 2006
Seun:

The w800i? Why did you choose that one?
The reasons why I choose Sony Ericsson W800i is that with w800i you can have your music with you wherever you are. One press on the music button to start your in-phone digital music player, choose your favorite song or playlist and enjoy. Getting your music into your mobile is easy W800 comes with CD ripping software. Move the music from your CDs. Quick and easy. Drag and drop.
The W800 is also a 2 megapixel digital camera with video recording capability. Save your images in the W800 image gallery or move them to a PC. Let your friends see what you see using picture and video messaging (MMS) phone-to-phone.

W800 has plenty of memory inside for storing your favorite songs, images and video. And when you need to store more, use Memory Stick PRO Duo. In addition to the phones internal memory, you can have up to 1GB expandable memory. Thousands of images. Hundreds of songs. The supplied 512MB Memory Stick PRO Duo gives capacity for around 150 music tracks - or 10-15 full length CDs.

A quality headset is included in the phone kit. To enhance your sound experience even further, connect your W800 to your stereo with the Music Cable MMC-60. Keep listening but never miss a call. Your music automatically stops when a call comes in.

W800 never compromises on ease-of-use. Synchronize and transfer files rapidly with the Fast port connector. Go wireless, connect to other devices with Bluetooth. Share with friends and family in seconds with QuickShare.

W800 fits easily in the hand and has the look and feel of a quality digital music player. There are music buttons on either side of the phone to make your listening experience as easy as possible. A dedicated music button, a direct media player button and music volume control. Imaging controls include a touch-sensitive camera shutter button with autofocus.

Straight up, W800 is a fresh-looking mobile phone with crystal clear screen, joystick control and icon desktop. Turn it around and tip it sideways and your W800 megapixel camera is ready to use with shutter button and zoom control at your fingertips.

The W800 comes with everything you need to enjoy music on the move. The W800 includes a 512MB Memory Stick PRO Duo and a stereo music handsfree for best possible sound. All this is neatly contained in a unique W800 music kit package.

The W800 has a built-in 2 megapixel digital camera for quality images wherever you are. For better lighting conditions use the photo light just above the camera shutter lens. And when you need photo flash, snap on a Phone Flash MXE-60 optional W800 accessory.

Open the active lens cover and the W800 camera viewfinder appears onscreen ready to use. The camera shutter, autofocus and digital zoom control are at your fingertips - where you want them. When you want to adjust contrast, set image effects or size, switch to night mode or use another camera feature use your thumb to browse the camera menu. Easy.

When the W800 camera is activated and you want to catch some action, flip the joystick down and record some video. Your phone records video and sound and you can edit the result and combine it with other clips to send or share using VideoDJ.

Saving your images and video is easy. When you've taken a picture or stopped a video recording, saving or sending is one click away. MMS picture and video messaging lets you combine pictures, video, sounds and music and send it over the air to another phone or email address - impressive messaging. W800 has plenty of memory (34MB) in the phone and on the supplied Memory Stick PRO Duo - you can save thousands of images and hours of video.

Wherever you are, you have your favorite music with you. One press on the music button on the side of the phone and the W800 media player is onscreen and ready to go. Choose a song or album and enjoy stereo music and excellent sound. The music button can also be set to activate the W800 FM radio. The W800 kit also includes a Stereo Portable Handsfree HPM-70 to make the experience complete.

The W800 kit is complete with USB cable to connect quick and easy with your PC. This is useful when you're moving songs from your PC to your phone. When the USB cable is connected to your phone it also charges your phone battery. The W800 Fast port system connector is designed to enable faster transfer of data from PC to phone and back.

FEATURES

General Network GSM 900 / GSM 1800 / GSM 1900
Announced 2005, 1Q
Status Available
Size Dimensions 100 x 46 x 20.5 mm
Weight 99 g
Display Type TFT, 256K colors
Size 176 x 220 pixels
Wallpapers, screensavers
Ringtones Type Polyphonic (40 channels), MP3
Customization Composer, download
Vibration Yes
Memory Phonebook 500 x 15 fields, Photo call
Call records 30 received, dialed and missed calls
Card slot Memory Stick Duo Pro, 512 MB card included, buy memory
38 MB shared memory
Features GPRS Class 10 (4+1/3+2 slots)
Data speed 32 - 48 kbps
Messaging SMS, EMS, MMS, Email, Instant Messaging
Clock Yes
Alarm Yes
Infrared port Yes
Games Yes + downloadable
Colors Smooth White
Camera 2 MP, 1632x1224 pixels, autofocus, video, flash
Bluetooth
MP3/AAC player, up to 30h playback if the phone is switched off
Video player
WAP 2.0
Java
T9
FM radio with RDS
Image viewer
Picture editor
Organiser
Voice memo
USB port
SyncML
Built-in handsfree
Battery Standard battery, Li-Ion 900 mAh
Stand-by Up to 400 h
Talk time Up to 9 h

EXTENDED SPECS

Screen:
262.144 color TFT
176x220 pixel
Sound:
Polyphonic Sound 40 voices
Memory:
34MB* memory
Memory Stick Duo
Memory Stick PRO Duo
Networks:
GSM 900
GSM 1800
GSM 1900
Sizes:
100 x 46 x 20.5 mm
3.9 x 1.8 x .8 inches
Weight:
99 gr
3.5 oz
Key features:
Music player
34MB internal memory + 512MB Memory Stick PRO Duo included
FM radio
2 megapixel camera
Re: Music Phones: Motorola ROKR Or Sony Ericsson W800? by burteeone(m): 10:35am On Mar 16, 2006
which can i down ring tone and game to phone without WAP\GPRS.

I like downlond tonez
Re: Music Phones: Motorola ROKR Or Sony Ericsson W800? by LoverBwoy(m): 4:12pm On Mar 16, 2006
Sony Ericsson W810i

Re: Music Phones: Motorola ROKR Or Sony Ericsson W800? by dagaro(m): 4:21pm On Mar 16, 2006
Wow!
Re: Music Phones: Motorola ROKR Or Sony Ericsson W800? by Oyinhoney(m): 6:22pm On Mar 16, 2006
I would suggest that you should go for the walkman phone thats phone is off the chain!
Re: Music Phones: Motorola ROKR Or Sony Ericsson W800? by Hunter(m): 11:46pm On Mar 16, 2006
Though the ROKR is much cheaper ($350 -> $400) as apposed to w800i (about $700)
But I do know something else :-)

If you buy a K750i, it's cheaper and you can copy the same walkman software to it cheesy (its somewhat more complicated than that but you get the idea)
Re: Music Phones: Motorola ROKR Or Sony Ericsson W800? by kenniy(m): 12:54am On Mar 19, 2006
nigerian prices: k750 46k ; w800 50k. i think its cheaper to get the w800 with 512mb of memory card than buy a k750 with 64mb when a 512mb memory card cost between 7 and 9k.

even with the itune hype, the rokr cant accomodate more than 100 music on its playlist:note . . not on the phone itself; whereas you can customize the w800 playlist has much has you want.

you g u y s know the k800 will me out soon . . . its so so so cute!!!(www.gsmarena.com)
Re: Music Phones: Motorola ROKR Or Sony Ericsson W800? by Hunter(m): 2:34am On Mar 19, 2006
Apparantly the 100 song thing was put there to protect apple's other products.
Re: Music Phones: Motorola ROKR Or Sony Ericsson W800? by Hunter(m): 8:26am On Mar 19, 2006
I got a catalogue in the mail today, apparantly you can pick up the ROKR for $187 shocked
Re: Music Phones: Motorola ROKR Or Sony Ericsson W800? by jones007(m): 9:08pm On Mar 20, 2006
sony ericsson w800 it was made a music phone.
Re: Music Phones: Motorola ROKR Or Sony Ericsson W800? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:48am On Mar 21, 2006
has anyone seen the momoslvr, i acually like that motorola phone
Re: Music Phones: Motorola ROKR Or Sony Ericsson W800? by Hunter(m): 2:15pm On Mar 21, 2006
one of my friends got his hands on one (works at a phone shop) and he said it was really flimsy.

He thinks that there is going to be a lot of warranty jobs on them.
Re: Music Phones: Motorola ROKR Or Sony Ericsson W800? by LoverBwoy(m): 3:04pm On Mar 21, 2006
they're just slim n thats it!! i think the break easily too

(1) (Reply)

Why You Should Never Take Photos Using Ipads! / Exclusively 4 Glo Subs / How To Hack Both Java And Symbia Easly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.