Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,891 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Would U Allow Ur Wife To Work? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would U Allow Ur Wife To Work? (1255 Views)

Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! / Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? / How Long Can U Allow Your Mum To Stay In Your Matrimonial Home? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would U Allow Ur Wife To Work? by shy1amy(f): 7:16pm On Oct 07, 2007
Please be hornest with your response on this topic, to you, is it idle for married women not to work and assist their spouses in caring of the family?

why is still so common among Nigerian men? they don't want their wives to work, some of them say its because they have enough to care for the family while some don't trust their wives and some say its because they  want their wives to have enough time to look after their children and home.

would u advise ur wife not to work, please if yes or no why
Re: Would U Allow Ur Wife To Work? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 07, 2007
Well, my fiancee works, when we're married next summer, she'll still work.

It should be a lady's choice if she wants to work or not. Why would a husband impose such conditions, i.e not allowing her to work, if that's what she wants to do? If he doesn't trust her to work, feeling she'll get too close to work mates, especially male ones, then he shouldn't be married to her!

Sure, some men may have a lot of money, so from a financial point of view, his wife may not meed to work, but it's not always about money. A wife could go out to work, to give herself a degree of independence, and keep occupied. It's not always about staying at home to look after the children. Being stuck at home isn't everyone's idea of fun, cabin fever would set in rapidly!

My wife will always have a choice, to work or not, either way, I'm in full support.
Re: Would U Allow Ur Wife To Work? by naijacutee(f): 8:41pm On Oct 07, 2007
I know it's not in my genes to be a stay-at-home mum, so no matter how rich my husband is/will be, I will work.
Re: Would U Allow Ur Wife To Work? by finekid(m): 12:04am On Oct 08, 2007
@ topic
Sure!

1 Like

Re: Would U Allow Ur Wife To Work? by rachiwise(f): 2:12am On Oct 14, 2007
the feeling of joblessness is the worst thing that can ever happen to anyone(man or woman).
How would men feel if they sit at home all day,doing nothing much??not so cool i guess.

This is not about women trying to do all men can do here,it is just that feeling of the useless that is really bad(even prisoners are allowed to work,make crafts,soaps,sew etc to occupy their time).

it is a big punishment to tell someone to be jobless for the rest of his/her life.

All said,i would not agree with mothers that would dump their kids with maids and travel for weeks or months all in the name of work.there should be a kind of balance.

But men,PLS,allow your wives work(atleast have a shop or sumtin doing).it might end up saving ur ass one day u know!

Cheers!!!
Re: Would U Allow Ur Wife To Work? by almondjoy(f): 9:30pm On Oct 14, 2007
Yes!  It is productive for a woman to spend time away from the home.  Anything can happen to the man and she will end up looking for another man to take care of her since she has no "work" ethic.  That's not good.  Besides not everyone is a business "tycoon" in Nigeria or the world.  It takes 2 to run a marriage successfully--financially too.  How are you going to save money for the future?  With one income? undecided

Gone are the days when men thought it was their business to stay out of the home for extended periods of time "working" and being breadwinners.  They are also needed in the home to raise the family.  No need living like a single parent when you are married.  There needs to be a healthy balance from both partners.
Re: Would U Allow Ur Wife To Work? by Busta(f): 2:49pm On Oct 15, 2007
I am in between.
Re: Would U Allow Ur Wife To Work? by Bblak(f): 5:46pm On Oct 15, 2007
I can't stand not working
Re: Would U Allow Ur Wife To Work? by folabim(f): 3:20pm On Oct 16, 2007
I think it's good for wife to work because 1) her income will augment the family income, 2) in case the man losses his job, they will have something to fall back on pending when the man bounces back, 3) the woman will be regarded by her in-laws for not being a liability to their son etc etc
Re: Would U Allow Ur Wife To Work? by canuck(m): 8:39pm On Aug 05, 2009
She has to want to stay @ home.

If you force her, knowing it's not in her "genes" (apologies to naijacutee), your home will suffer. She will manifest a wide range of passive aggressive behaviours - From running with the wrong crowd, to running your home into the ground!
Re: Would U Allow Ur Wife To Work? by Fhemmmy: 9:45pm On Aug 05, 2009
She can work if she wanna work, and could stay home if she wants, and she can take care of the family biz too.

(1) (Reply)

Under What Condition Do You Think It Is Justifiable To Lie To Your Dearest Wife? / Is Courtship Before Marriage Important? / Why Some Men With The Backing Of Their Famz Demand For Pregnancy Before Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.